Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Did anyone hear something about the DTM Aston Martin, that was supposed to be released after Christmas? It's way after Christmas now and nothing happened...
It was posted here a week or so ago, together with some other DTM's (that were snatched from URD). The Aston was build from scratch and it was faster into the bin than it took time to install...but that may be just me...

It was posted here a week or so ago, together with some other DTM's (that were snatched from URD). The Aston was build from scratch and it was faster into the bin than it took time to install...but that may be just me...
Yep, I also know this pack, the Aston in there is not of best quality. That's why I'm looking for the other version which was set to release after Christmas ( I think it was by "CGS")

Does anyone know if there's a decent Hummer H1 mod available? I tried Wack's version from Assettoland, it looked nice and was kind of fun for a while until I realized that the collider was from Mini Cooper (my guess) and it had also weird tendency to crash during the race. Same problems with the updated version by Bruce Kelt.

Also tried Rallyworld's Dakai-version, that felt way too fast. Hummer would be nice for sloooooooow racing, for surgical racing lines.

Last edited:
I wish someone would re-do the SimTRAXX Pikes Peak or convert the Dirt Rally versions. This is sorely missing in AC, its iconic and beautiful location. With the upcoming weather and the newer cloud systems that we have PP would really be interesting .
Chiquifreaky is converting the dirt version he told me although it doesn't seem to be progressing very fast, which is a shame as that the reason I contribute to his paetron.

To have them turned to green again, use the config attached. I edited the values in there from white to green. Also removed the track exposure for SOL.
View attachment 982682
Thanks, nice and green but for my tastes still far too nuclear for an info board and not a search light. ;)
I dropped the values right down to
VALUE_0 = 0,15,0, 0.1
but could maybe go even lower.

So back during my anime phase in Highschool i watched this anime called future gpx cyber formula which was like speed racer on crack. I played some of the games and thought if anybody would wanna venture into these tracks?

I think theres a car mod from this anime series, but theres no tracks from this series yet.

Progress... It runs...

upload_2021-1-4_14-30-19.png

Ive heard of it, no news yet it seems.

Yep, I also know this pack, the Aston in there is not of best quality. That's why I'm looking for the other version which was set to release after Christmas ( I think it was by "CGS")

The only one I know of apart from the Hungarian league mod which was part of that pack (I'm yet to test tbh from the look of the model I'm not sure it's worth the guaranteed disappointment) is something from URD which was a couple of very early stage alpha models, the GT3 and DTM versions of the vantage. Though considering that, I wouldn't even hold out for those being released anytime soon, S397 beat them with their official C8.R and we didn't even know they were working on it and the other 2 cars.

Here's the twitter post for the Aston (Oct 19) -

Here's their post about the c8r which so called news has also failed to show up (Nov 19) -

URD should be renamed as such - Unrealistic Racing Developments or something the latter

Thompson Road - One of the great tracks by Fat-Alfie - https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/thomson-road-grand-prix.13694/

Can someone please add grassfx, rainfx and / or cameras please?

upload_2021-1-5_7-31-6.png

upload_2021-1-5_7-34-24.png

Code:
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = road?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = road?
ROUGH_MATERIALS = grass_EDGE,leaves
LINES_MATERIALS = whiteline?
[GRASS_FX_TEXTURE_GROUP_0]
PIECE_0 = 1, 1
PIECE_1 = 1, 2, 2, 1
PIECE_1_CHANCE = 0.05
PIECE_2 = 4, 1, 2, 2
PIECE_2_CHANCE = 1
PIECE_3 = 6, 1
PIECE_4 = 7, 1
PIECE_5 = 8, 1
PIECE_6 = 2, 1
PIECE_7 = 2, 2
PIECE_8 = 3, 1
PIECE_9 = 3, 2
[GRASS_FX_CONFIGURATION_A]
TEXTURE_BASE_CHANCE = 1
TEXTURE_GROUP_0_CHANCE = 0.5
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 1
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = 0.01
SHAPE_SIZE = 3, 4.0
SHAPE_TIDY = 1, 0
SHAPE_CUT = 0, 0
[GRASS_FX_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MATERIALS = grass_EDGE
MAP = A
[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = grass_EDGE
MASK_BLUR = 1
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = 
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 1
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = 0.01
SHAPE_SIZE = 1.0, 4.0
SHAPE_TIDY = 1, 0
SHAPE_CUT = 1, 0
TEXTURE = grass_fx/highlands.dds
TEXTURE_GRID = 8, 3

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back