Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
Please. What a silly comparison.
EDIT: Do you use mods ripped from anywhere? If so... please don't be a hypocrite.
I don't see how it's a silly comparison at all. Even if you argue that Content Manager is more than just a mod, the point still stands. Replace this idea with the idea of someone creating a skin for one of Lilski's tracks and re-releasing it without crediting him.

But to follow your edit, I do use ripped models - yes. Do I expect them to credit the game they took the model from? yes. Do I expect them to credit the artist that made it? no, someone could easily trace it back to the modelling team from just the name of the game.

With that said, would I buy a paid mod with a stolen model? No. Would I expect the modder to encrypt a mod that uses stolen content? No. I will still use the mod, but it's definitely not what I would do if I was the modder.

I don't see how it's a silly comparison at all. Even if you argue that Content Manager is more than just a mod, the point still stands. Replace this idea with the idea of someone creating a skin for one of Lilski's tracks and re-releasing it without crediting him.

But to follow your edit, I do use ripped models - yes. Do I expect them to credit the game they took the model from? yes. Do I expect them to credit the artist that made it? no, someone could easily trace it back to the modelling team from just the name of the game.

With that said, would I buy a paid mod with a stolen model? No. Would I expect the modder to encrypt a mod that uses stolen content? No. I will still use the mod, but it's definitely not what I would do if I was the modder.

Sorry, but I wasn't trying to start an endless debate that goes around in circles forever. If you disagree with what I said, just write me off as an idiot and get on with your life. I'll do the same:

Hi everyone. I am an idiot. Now I'm getting on with my life. Bye now!

Last edited:
I will re-examine the ai for you Claudio, give me a day or two...I'm not sure if i have the Rollover's mod though. The cars always play a major part in track behavior. Where is your aggression set?

thanks Kevin !!!!
a simracers friend explained to me to modify the ai.ini file of the WTCR2018 by Delpinski 3.0 cars because the setting is at 25 instead of 18-20 and therefore the cars cut corners too much
I tested aggressivity AI 40-50-60-70 and 80

138228638_2857867567804566_261913772400061271_n.png

Last edited:
Jaguar G3 Emil Frey ACC Sprint & Endurance V1.0

View attachment 973605

screenshot_jaguar_g3_emil_frey_endur_acc_sx_lemans_19-10-120-15-14-0-jpg.972787

screenshot_jaguar_g3_emil_frey_acc_rt_bathurst_19-10-120-15-37-33-2-jpg.972785

by GTPlanet Modding Team

The original team:
_Apexxer
_delpinsky
_gladbecker82
_TheDrummer
_Wusel

The testers:
_Fanapryde
_FileMissing
_Masscot
_Fabr_123
_enkay74

The additional physics consultant:
_FileMissing

The Jaguar team & driver suits:
_enkay74

The Jaguar G3 Soundmod:
_Fabr_123 (corsamode on RD)

** Thank you guys for this long and amazing work! **

CHANGELOG:

V1.0

— 3D car conversion
— added internal glass for raindrops visible
— added damage glass
— added chassis damage and dust
— created wiper animation
— created driver animation
— created brakes animation
— created new MOTEC LCD and Racelogic fonts
— added internal light "extension" for night racing
— added Lumirank DRIVER ID
— added wobbling safety net, air pipe, antenna, exhaust
— added Jaguar suit, gloves and helmet
— added 3 gear sets
— added SAS (driver info) digital box*

* the SAS digital box works only as placeholder, ON/OFF. It can't display anything else now, until CSP will add INPUTS related to flags, warnings and other race events.

DOWNLOAD: LINK

tested at home and at a friend's house, the car crashes the game

Yes, I know, I have already more car in AC that I can even drive, sad, but true, never the less, I am looking for more.
We are fortunate to be able to drive some FM cars in VR in AC, 2 cars I like in FM7 are, to my knowledge absent.

Camaro Z28 1970

I hope I am wrong, and I can be directed to a link, but if I am right, the injustice must be repaired and those car have to be converted

I found another source for the Camaro, you are lookinmg for: Uncle M. This has 3 versions of the car (DL-link in the video description). But it is from 2017, so dont forget to analyze the car in CM and let CM fix the problems.:

Last edited:
good afternoon, once again I was kindled with love for black cat county, removed all billboards, arrows, road signs, set the option with traffic to drive for pleasure. but it is difficult to get pleasure when the rocks flicker every now and then. I understand this because of the settings LOD_IN - LOD_OUT for (model.fbx_ROCKS_HI .., model.fbx_ROCKS_MID ..., model.fbx_ROCKS_LOW ...) switch too close. the question is, is it possible to somehow quickly configure the LOD_IN - LOD_OUT distance for ROCKS via ext_config.ini?

Thanks a lot! That did indeed fix the issue. Such a simple thing to fix, but I guess you need to know where to look :)

No problem, most of the issues found on mod cars are easy to fix once you know how, it's just about building up the knowledge base.

I know there's not may F1-related posts here these days, but I'd just like to ask, if skin makers could remove the artificial shading on the back of the rear wing textures. In-game, they look really dark, and it isn't needed, as the game engine adds the right amount of shading by default.

Is there a way to turn off the tunnel lights at Motegi (the paid version) ? They're awfully bright and love to eat my FPS for some reason.
(yes they're always on even during the day and idk why it is that way)

FYI - open the tochigi_racing_ring__ini file situated in:

\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks
or
\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded

Find and adjust the following values (already have on a personal level)...

upload_2021-1-14_1-14-37.png

Notes:
- do not include "; cf_0.65" - These are commentaries (previous values before editing - a backup if you will).
- can also switch-off tunnel lights by changing 'ACTIVE = 1' to '0'...

--
And while you're at it, here's the rain-FX code as necessary... Copy/paste content to the end of the tochigi_racing_ring__ini file... Hope that helps... 👍

Attachments

• tochigi_racing_ring__rainFX.ini.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
These
Ferrari 512 BB/LM '79
Ferrari 512 M '70
Ferrari 512 S '70

are already presented in AC in high quality, mate . Just in case

The 512M and 512S from PC2 aren't, I don't believe.
  • The 512 BBLM is, converted from Forza.
  • The 512M being the 1971 model (Ferrari say 1970 because it only raced once for the works team at Zeltwig* in late 1970, but it's the '71 car that was run by privateers really).
  • The 512S in PC2 being the 'Coda Lunga' version with the extended bodywork, which I think only raced at Le Mans 1970 (thus seen in the Le Mans movie) - the existing versions of the model are the Forza 'Coda Corta' short tail, which won at Sebring that year.

*Edit: Kyalami

Last edited:
Getting memorialised in the "sim racing hall of fame" wasn't the point at all.
The point was not getting kudos for something that you didn't do. This should be common sense. I always find it hard to understand how somebody can even get gratified by doing this.

And by the way, I do remember when somebody releases something well made. I do remember LilSky's great tracks. I do remember delpinsky and GTPlanet Modding Team with their ACC GT3 porting. I remember the passion and attention to details that Arch put in his own physics reworking. I remember A3DR awesome 3D models. Just not to mention the greatests of all x4fab, JPG, Peter Boese.. And I could go on, the list is long...

So no, I don't agree with you. I instead think that everyone of us has their own "Sim racing hall of fame", it's just that those direcly involved probably will never know. ;)

There are definitely modding superstars. You mention several. I would add Rigel, johnr, Shaun Clarke, Ilja and fat-alfie. There are more. Maybe we should start a Hall of Fame (or Wall...as in Montreal...or Walk or Track) and vote for our favorites.

Last edited:
The 512M and 512S from PC2 aren't, I don't believe.
  • The 512 BBLM is, converted from Forza.
  • The 512M being the 1971 model (Ferrari say 1970 because it only raced once for the works team at Zeltwig in late 1970, but it's the '71 car that was run by privateers really).
  • The 512S in PC2 being the 'Coda Lunga' version with the extended bodywork, which I think only raced at Le Mans 1970 (thus seen in the Le Mans movie) - the existing versions of the model are the Forza 'Coda Corta' short tail, which won at Sebring that year.
It would be great to have the Coda Lunga version in AC.

the trackir works great, wish I had known it was available sooner. took about 30 minutes for my brain to get used to it then it was super natural.. gave the G2 to the oldest son, Vive to the youngest son, the trackir give me more than ample ability to look around a corner and more, especially good on triples, and non of the downsides of VR.

I get to see my Simhub Dash, button boxes, wheel and gear stick as well as all the full power beauty of the graphics on the triples. such a win.

maybe give us the proper ext_config not everyone knows wth tu put this txt files

FYI - open the tochigi_racing_ring__ini file situated in:

\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks
or
\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded

Find and adjust the following values (already have on a personal level)...

View attachment 984485

Notes:
- do not include "; cf_0.65" - These are commentaries (previous values before editing - a backup if you will).
- can also switch-off tunnel lights by changing 'ACTIVE = 1' to '0'...

--
And while you're at it, here's the rain-FX code as necessary... Copy/paste content to the end of the tochigi_racing_ring__ini file... Hope that helps... 👍

Thanks man ! Really helpful.
(rainfx looks dope but my pc won't be able to handle it lol)

the trackir works great, wish I had known it was available sooner. took about 30 minutes for my brain to get used to it then it was super natural.. gave the G2 to the oldest son, Vive to the youngest son, the trackir give me more than ample ability to look around a corner and more, especially good on triples, and non of the downsides of VR.

I get to see my Simhub Dash, button boxes, wheel and gear stick as well as all the full power beauty of the graphics on the triples. such a win.

how does the headband look?

Hi everyone,
I am looking for the Lada Vesta WTCC 2016-2017 to ride with the TCS PTSims mod (WTCC 2017),
I have the Lada Vesta but it is the TCR version, does the WTCC version exist like that of Raceroom ?
Thank you

maybe private mod ?

WTCC-Lada.jpg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back