Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,752 comments
And this ladies and gentleman why I never contact people about their mods.
It just makes no sense. In the end you get nothing, but a sudden realisation that:
- you wasted your time
- lots of hypocrisy

4v2tks.jpg

Code:
fazanitegnap 18:44
okay
why you want s63
i`m author
Sgt.Kanyotegnap 22:02
damn I didn't see your message here.
okay so since I don't use CSP, I can't use the car. All I want is just a non-encrypted, preferably non-CSP version. If it's just not encrypted, it's still good enough, because I can make it work without CSP from there.
fazanitegnap 22:38
my cars work only with csp
and decrypt version is not free

9:53
It's literally the same car without encryption
I wouldn't ask for encrypted cars normally, even though I'd love to drive them (CLS63 S etc.), but I have an S63 in real life, and I'd like to drive it in AC, so I can make it handle like the real one

10:05
and that the mod does not work like in real life ?
Where you from ?

10:08
I don't use CSP in AC, so I cannot use your car. Without CSP all I see is blue triangles.

10:09
Why you dont use csp

10:10
Well there are several reasons, one is it does drain some fps, very complicated to use, hard to keep it updated and ReShade only works with "force 32 bit" in AC for me, which means CSP is disabled

10:12
gear shifting and all the animation is done on csp, without csp this car does not make sense, I do not see the point in throwing it to you
All stuffs work with csp
Dashboard everything

10:13
It's an automatic. The dashboard is made for CSP, but doesn't mean it will not work without CSP. The GPS won't work (which I don't need), but even the traction control flashing can be added (look at Kunos C7.R)
and what do you mean shifting animations won't work? Animations are stored in .ksanim files
The hazard lights can be turned on in the PIT without CSP as well, all you need is just to add this line to the lights in lights.ini:
PITLINE=1
SPECIAL=1

10:17
why are you trying to change my mind, I know this car better than anyone else, because I know how it works I did it myself

I'm just saying apart from the GPS, almost eveything can be done without CSP. Once again I don't use CSP, so I cannot use your car. I would use it if I could.

10:18
Did you see animation traction all stuff on dashboard, this is picture, it's not work without csp

10:20
yes the warning triangle, that's what I've mentioned. The warning triangle flash can be implemented without CSP as well. For example look at the Kunos C7.R. The Kunos Corvette C7.R's steering wheel flashes blue when the traction control is active. If you used that for warning triangle that can be added through the digitial_instruments.ini
This is from the Kunos C7.R's files:
ABS light:
[TYRE_LOCK_SLIP_0]
OBJECT_NAME=LED_10  ; LF
TYRE_INDEX=0
EMISSIVE=0,0,0
EMISSIVE_LOCK=60,0,0
DIFFUSE=0.2
SLIP_SWITCH=0.8
SHOW_LOCK=1
WHEEL_SPEED_MULT=0.68
I can't find the traction light right now, but it flashes blue on the side (like the real one)

10:22
I dont wanna use digital_inst ,  I do not know who you are where you are from, why should I throw you what others buy from me

10:23
Why would people buy it if it's available for free. I don't understand.

10:25
Your paying me for the time spend on converting the car . the basemodel isnt mine. U can do it yourself aswell

oh I've found it. In the Kunos C7.R all 4 tyres have their different lights. Front 2 tyres light up red, Rear 2 tyres light up blue
ok let me ask you one thing
did you pay the person who made the model? Or even have his/her permission?
because the model is from Forza Horizon (S65 model) and it was edited to an S63, by I think someone from GTA V
because I've seen this car:
https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/2012-mercedes-benz-s63-amg-w221-add-on-tuning
GTA5-Mods.com
2012 Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG (W221) [Add-On | Tuning]
 ----------------------------------------------------------------
 W221 S63 with M157 AMG engine, long wheelbase, hope you like it.

Credits:

Original Model Author: Forza Horizon, Archer, artur0777, 3d models
 Convert&: Ed...

10:27
Your paying me for the time spend on converting the car . the basemodel isnt mine.  I buy this model , u can do it yourself aswell
What you want bro
You came to teach me life , if you don't like it go do it for yourself

10:28
Look, don't get me wrong, I respect you for converting cars to AC, because I can't, and I don't have the time to learn it. But I never pay for mods, since that defeats the purpose of modding. Modding is there to keep a game alive.
Think about it, if there were no free converting tool, there wouldn't be any car mods for AC. No free tutorials, nobody would know how to convert it.
anyway just one more question, why do you encrypt the cars you make?

10:30
you would know how much time I spent, you just want to get the finished result and change it for yourself ? it won't work, I have my own conditions, if you don't like them go make your own, you have such a politika because you've never done mods and you don't know how people are not grateful when it's free

10:31
if I show you how many free mods I made for GTA IV will that change your mind?
https://www.lcpdfr.com/profile/18137-sgtkanyo/content/?type=downloads_file&change_section=1
LCPDFR.com
the cars here are all made by me using Zmodeler2. One car I converted myself from scratch (Ford Police Interceptor Utility):
https://www.lcpdfr.com/downloads/gta4mods/vehicle-models/6188-2013-ford-police-interceptor-utility-chp/
LCPDFR.com
2013 Ford Police Interceptor Utility CHP
- This is a Ford Police Interceptor Utility California Highway Patrol police SUV. - This car trys to be as close to the real one as possible. - Primary lights: CHP code 3 - Secondary lights: CHP code 3 park mode / CHP forward reds park mode (aka traffic stop mode) - ELS v5 settings: E-01C on prim...
Everything you see there is free and it always was free

10:33
these are the models that you have improved
Adding police lights

I know how much time it takes
most of them yes, but the 2013 Ford Police Inteceptor Utility CHP I converted that
from NFS
and I had to do some 3d modelling too by adding door sills
It took me 2 weeks to put it in game and then I improved it occasionally
anyway this doesn't matter. I'm happy to do it, because that's what modding is about
but I want to why do you encrypt your mods? Is it so they don't get stolen?

10:37
I encrypted because some takes free mods ,changing and encrypted my friends free mods
That's why I encrypted

10:38
I suggested to one of the moderators, that what you could do is create a 3d mesh saying your name and put it under the engine. That way you know it's your model.
did your friend get credited for making the car?
because if he didn't, then you can ask the site's owner to take it down for not having proper credits

10:39
Do you know forceful?

my mods were stolen too on other sites, where there's no credits for it, but I don't care
yes

10:40
Some Turkish guy just change his m5 and color and encrypted car

I think he made the M5 F90?

He change just color and rims
And delete author

10:41
you could contact the site where it's uploaded and ask the admins to take it down.

10:44
we did ,but the fact is that people do it.

10:45
unfortunately there's no way to stop them, I mean you can even use Ninja Ripper to rip the car from the game with all it's textures as well. Not even encryption will save the car from that. My only idea right now is to contact the admins, if the model is rightfully your's you can even send a cease and desist.

10:47
if one person created it and another bought it, what is its model ?
I will not send you anything , I answered you 15 minutes ago
And I think you Russian

10:48
I'm hungarian, but why does it matter?

perseverance and trying to prove something

10:49
what?

And this ladies and gentleman why I never contact people about their mods.
It just makes no sense. In the end you get nothing, but a sudden realisation that:
- you wasted your time
- lots of hypocrisy

4v2tks.jpg

Code:
fazanitegnap 18:44
okay
why you want s63
i`m author
Sgt.Kanyotegnap 22:02
damn I didn't see your message here.
okay so since I don't use CSP, I can't use the car. All I want is just a non-encrypted, preferably non-CSP version. If it's just not encrypted, it's still good enough, because I can make it work without CSP from there.
fazanitegnap 22:38
my cars work only with csp
and decrypt version is not free

9:53
It's literally the same car without encryption
I wouldn't ask for encrypted cars normally, even though I'd love to drive them (CLS63 S etc.), but I have an S63 in real life, and I'd like to drive it in AC, so I can make it handle like the real one

10:05
and that the mod does not work like in real life ?
Where you from ?

10:08
I don't use CSP in AC, so I cannot use your car. Without CSP all I see is blue triangles.

10:09
Why you dont use csp

10:10
Well there are several reasons, one is it does drain some fps, very complicated to use, hard to keep it updated and ReShade only works with "force 32 bit" in AC for me, which means CSP is disabled

10:12
gear shifting and all the animation is done on csp, without csp this car does not make sense, I do not see the point in throwing it to you
All stuffs work with csp
Dashboard everything

10:13
It's an automatic. The dashboard is made for CSP, but doesn't mean it will not work without CSP. The GPS won't work (which I don't need), but even the traction control flashing can be added (look at Kunos C7.R)
and what do you mean shifting animations won't work? Animations are stored in .ksanim files
The hazard lights can be turned on in the PIT without CSP as well, all you need is just to add this line to the lights in lights.ini:
PITLINE=1
SPECIAL=1

why are you trying to change my mind, I know this car better than anyone else, because I know how it works I did it myself

I'm just saying apart from the GPS, almost eveything can be done without CSP. Once again I don't use CSP, so I cannot use your car. I would use it if I could.

10:18
Did you see animation traction all stuff on dashboard, this is picture, it's not work without csp

10:20
yes the warning triangle, that's what I've mentioned. The warning triangle flash can be implemented without CSP as well. For example look at the Kunos C7.R. The Kunos Corvette C7.R's steering wheel flashes blue when the traction control is active. If you used that for warning triangle that can be added through the digitial_instruments.ini
This is from the Kunos C7.R's files:
ABS light:
[TYRE_LOCK_SLIP_0]
OBJECT_NAME=LED_10  ; LF
TYRE_INDEX=0
EMISSIVE=0,0,0
EMISSIVE_LOCK=60,0,0
DIFFUSE=0.2
SLIP_SWITCH=0.8
SHOW_LOCK=1
WHEEL_SPEED_MULT=0.68
I can't find the traction light right now, but it flashes blue on the side (like the real one)

10:22
I dont wanna use digital_inst ,  I do not know who you are where you are from, why should I throw you what others buy from me

10:23
Why would people buy it if it's available for free. I don't understand.

Your paying me for the time spend on converting the car . the basemodel isnt mine. U can do it yourself aswell

oh I've found it. In the Kunos C7.R all 4 tyres have their different lights. Front 2 tyres light up red, Rear 2 tyres light up blue
ok let me ask you one thing
did you pay the person who made the model? Or even have his/her permission?
because the model is from Forza Horizon (S65 model) and it was edited to an S63, by I think someone from GTA V
because I've seen this car:
https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/2012-mercedes-benz-s63-amg-w221-add-on-tuning
GTA5-Mods.com
 W221 S63 with M157 AMG engine, long wheelbase, hope you like it.

Credits:

Original Model Author: Forza Horizon, Archer, artur0777, 3d models
 Convert&: Ed...

10:27
Your paying me for the time spend on converting the car . the basemodel isnt mine.  I buy this model , u can do it yourself aswell
What you want bro
You came to teach me life , if you don't like it go do it for yourself

10:28
Look, don't get me wrong, I respect you for converting cars to AC, because I can't, and I don't have the time to learn it. But I never pay for mods, since that defeats the purpose of modding. Modding is there to keep a game alive.
Think about it, if there were no free converting tool, there wouldn't be any car mods for AC. No free tutorials, nobody would know how to convert it.
anyway just one more question, why do you encrypt the cars you make?

10:30
you would know how much time I spent, you just want to get the finished result and change it for yourself ? it won't work, I have my own conditions, if you don't like them go make your own, you have such a politika because you've never done mods and you don't know how people are not grateful when it's free

10:31
if I show you how many free mods I made for GTA IV will that change your mind?
https://www.lcpdfr.com/profile/18137-sgtkanyo/content/?type=downloads_file&change_section=1
LCPDFR.com
the cars here are all made by me using Zmodeler2. One car I converted myself from scratch (Ford Police Interceptor Utility):
https://www.lcpdfr.com/downloads/gta4mods/vehicle-models/6188-2013-ford-police-interceptor-utility-chp/
LCPDFR.com
2013 Ford Police Interceptor Utility CHP
- This is a Ford Police Interceptor Utility California Highway Patrol police SUV. - This car trys to be as close to the real one as possible. - Primary lights: CHP code 3 - Secondary lights: CHP code 3 park mode / CHP forward reds park mode (aka traffic stop mode) - ELS v5 settings: E-01C on prim...
Everything you see there is free and it always was free

these are the models that you have improved
Adding police lights

I know how much time it takes
most of them yes, but the 2013 Ford Police Inteceptor Utility CHP I converted that
from NFS
and I had to do some 3d modelling too by adding door sills
It took me 2 weeks to put it in game and then I improved it occasionally
anyway this doesn't matter. I'm happy to do it, because that's what modding is about
but I want to why do you encrypt your mods? Is it so they don't get stolen?

10:37
I encrypted because some takes free mods ,changing and encrypted my friends free mods
That's why I encrypted

10:38
I suggested to one of the moderators, that what you could do is create a 3d mesh saying your name and put it under the engine. That way you know it's your model.
did your friend get credited for making the car?
because if he didn't, then you can ask the site's owner to take it down for not having proper credits

Do you know forceful?

my mods were stolen too on other sites, where there's no credits for it, but I don't care
yes

Some Turkish guy just change his m5 and color and encrypted car

I think he made the M5 F90?

He change just color and rims
And delete author

10:41
you could contact the site where it's uploaded and ask the admins to take it down.

10:44
we did ,but the fact is that people do it.

10:45
unfortunately there's no way to stop them, I mean you can even use Ninja Ripper to rip the car from the game with all it's textures as well. Not even encryption will save the car from that. My only idea right now is to contact the admins, if the model is rightfully your's you can even send a cease and desist.

10:47
if one person created it and another bought it, what is its model ?
I will not send you anything , I answered you 15 minutes ago
And I think you Russian

I'm hungarian, but why does it matter?

perseverance and trying to prove something

10:49
what?

I contacted him too, he told me he would take out the decrypted cars later

I have just tried to run AC via CM and am getting Race Cancelled every time. It was working fine yesterday. I have tried every sensible thing I could think of: turned off WeatherFx and rainFx, changed cars and tracks, changed CSP versions and Sol versions. Still the same result every time. The track seems to load and then there is a hang after a short period of the car loading and it reverts to Race Cancelled. I did have a PC crash yesterday last time out - that happens occasionally since using the patreon versions of CSP but it usually works fine after restarting the PC. Can anyone help please?

Last edited:
I have just tried to run AC via CM and am getting Race Cancelled every time. It was working fine yesterday. I have tried every sensible thing I could think of: turned off WeatherFx and rainFx, changed cars and tracks, changed CSP versions and Sol versions. Still the same result every time. The track seems to load and then there is a hang after a short period of the car loading and it reverts to Race Cancelled. I did have a PC crash yesterday last time out - that happens occasionally since using the patreon versions of CSP but it usually works fine after restarting the PC. Can anyone help please?

I had a similar issue after a crash. I reinstalled Visual C++ and everything worked again. Not certain it's always a fix, but doesn't harm anything to reinstall them.

anyone else getting extremly low fps on rt_daytona?
Count me three. When I run triples whether it's hotlapping or with an entire grid it's okay, but in VR I can't do anything besides hotlapping (entire grid gives me like 10fps), and even then the framerate is garbage. 6700K/32GB/2060 Super for reference.

Question: What am I doing wrong!
When I don't have roll added 'Background blurred' When I do 'Car Blurred!!!!!' Urghhh!!! It's driving (excuse the pun) me nuts :banghead:
I'm using the CM photo mode
View attachment 986935 View attachment 986931 View attachment 986932

1st. go into cm photomode options (gear symbol) and check "follow nearest car" 2nd step: watch this video, that cann help you out very well (it contains a selfmade ppf and csp setting from fanatiC, what I can recommend 100% , the tutorial itself starts at round about 2 minutes )

->

Last edited:
Which CSP option do you use when headlights of the car are too bright when in cockpit view? I tried headlight option in SOLconfig, but it did not change anything.

Guys, how can I adjust a car's sfx levels?

Recently I posted a request of the Type-R FK8 (2018) mod and I found it on here but its sound levels are too low compared to the rest. I want to equalize them.

Guys, how can I adjust a car's sfx levels?

Recently I posted a request of the Type-R FK8 (2018) mod and I found it on here but its sound levels are too low compared to the rest. I want to equalize them.

You can add these values to the car's ext_config.ini in the extension folder (or create the folder and file in the car's folder if there isn't one).

Then adjust the values for the desired results.

This is more of a "quick-fix" option rather than actually editing the sfx files.

[AUDIO_VOLUME]
ENGINE_EXT = 1.0
ENGINE_INT = 1.0
GEAR_EXT = 1.0
GEAR_INT = 1.0
BODYWORK = 0.1
WIND = 1.0
DIRT = 1.0
DOWN_SHIFT = 1.0
UP_SHIFT = 1.0
HORN = 1.0
GEAR_GRIND = 1.0
BACKFIRE_EXT = 1.0
BACKFIRE_INT = 1.0
TRACTION_CONTROL_EXT = 1.0
TRACTION_CONTROL_INT = 1.0
TRANSMISSION = 1.0
LIMITER = 0.1
TURBO = 1.0
RAIN_EXT=1.0
RAIN_INT=0.8
WIPER_EXT=0.8
WIPER_INT=0.6

Last edited by a moderator:
Little clarification about standards considered to rate an AC mod:
You can't of course think that everyone cares about the same things in a mod and that's fine.
There are, however, some objective things to check.

For example, there is only one correct way to set up shaders like glass, interior windscreen, carbon fiber, paint, headlights (I'm talking about textures to put in the slots, not about shader values btw). There is a pipeline and many examples on how to set them right, yet you can almost read daily about issues caused by shaders set wrong (Road reflecting on windscreen, ugly painted carbon fiber on diffuse, not Paintable cars, see through glass because alpha test was used instead of alpha blend and so on).

Same thing about dummies, there is only one way to make the game read them all correctly. And yet, you still see many mods that don't have them right (remember the rain on the interior bug? It's related to wrong dummies and missing HR_COCKPIT).

Another thing is AO: everything on a car should be mapped. The exterior needs it (and many mods don't even have it on the exteriors) but the interiors needs it to. I know that mapping is pain but it's required and it's an objective indicator of something well made. How many of the mods you have installed don't have AO on interiors? I've personally seen most of them lacking it because not enough care was put into the making.

How many times you've seen mods with these basic mistakes while we have all the tools avaliable to make those things the right way? I bet many, even if you don't care about those things they are needed and I'm not saying it personally, Kunos said it and we already have an objective guide made by them.

Some things are subjective some aren't, of course the rating would be based on those that are. Putting every possible thing in the features list doesn't make sense.
I could say that I personally enjoy making pbr, paint configs, refractions and so on... Does that mean that a mod needs to have them to be objectively well made? No, it's something that I personally care about which is an extra feature.

And believe it or not, having custom previews isn't a needed feature technically as it was introduced by Content Manager, as I said before for those it's better to wait for an updated showroom anyway, unless you want cars not looking the right way for many unsopported features.

I agree, rating a mod goes much further than looking at it visually. Opening it up in any 3D program could reveal what kind of effort the modder took to create the mod. I'm guessing encryption is also there to protect their ego and not reveal to the world how poorly skilled or lack of care they actually are.

It also depends on how deep the skill is for the modder, you not only need to understand every step of modding, but also enter the correct parameters in hundreds of different variables.

When you are using F5 cam you need to roll using F and G keys (keep shift pressed to minor adjustments with those)

If you use the slider it switches to F7 cam
Absolutely spot on - Thanks for the fast response 👍

1st. go into cm photomode options (gear symbol) and check "follow nearest car" 2nd step: watch this video, that cann help you out very well (it contains a selfmade ppf and csp setting from fanatiC, what I can recommend 100% , the tutorial itself starts at round about 2 minutes )

->

EDIT: 24/01/2021 16:05 hrs: Link fixed no virus warning

Thanks for the fast response - Great video and explanation but the download keeps giving me a virus warning - Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: 24/01/2021 16:05 hrs: Link fixed no virus warning

Thanks for the fast response - Great video and explanation but the download keeps giving me a virus warning - Any ideas?
Default ini files will do that. They don’t know the intent of the ini file. In our case it is a pp filter and we know it’s intent.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back