Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,802 comments
EDIT: 24/01/2021 16:05 hrs: Link fixed no virus warning

Thanks for the fast response - Great video and explanation but the download keeps giving me a virus warning - Any ideas?

No problem mate. :) But I'm corious - did u have the warning after download or in your browser?

Okay, i have a question, what is the best version of modern dpis for ac?

I'm not sure, but I'd say the cars from therollovers. Not perfect but quite very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally went for a clean installatioln via CM
Guerilla answered me I'm the first reporting a possible Trojan in the files.
So I took the risk, downloaded and installed normally after disabling WinDefender for the time needed, checked all the car files (not that I would recognize a Trojan if I stepped on one :P), compared to my actual version etc.
The car works fine and after re-enabling WinDefender all seems to go well.
It is the second time in years I get a virus warning, so WinDef probably had a bad day... :D
Wonder why the wipers don't work though ?

I'm not sure, but I'd say the cars from therollovers. Not perfect but quite very well.
Okay, i have a question, what is the best version of modern dpis for ac?
the rollovers cars do well, but overall driving experience which is what counts go for the GTP versions.

Id disagree, id say the GTP versions are alot better. They are effectively upgraded versions of the rollovers cars, better physics etc.
There are things aesthetically

anyone else getting extremly low fps on rt_daytona?
It is a bit demanding but with all the stuff going on it's far from alarming in my case.
(Triples, setup in my sig):
- alone on track with SOL Windy and World detail MAX O still get 90.2 AVG
- race with 15 cars in same conditions I get 55.2 AVG (MIN 50.5)

There are far worse tracks available that look half as good.

Last edited:
anyone else getting extremly low fps on rt_daytona?

Like everyone else - yes - RT Daytona is slow on my system. I switched back to using the older version (I think it's T21's, but could be wrong). Using the old track, I can run 40 plus car grids without any problems - and my PC is a 12 year old potato... I'll switch back to RT Daytona when I can afford a new machine. It's beautiful...

Hello,
Is it normal that RainFx doesn't work with the Kunos Ferrari 488 GT3?
Rain falls on the windshield, the wipers work but do not sweep the drops.
Is there a modification to be made somewhere?

Hello,
Is it normal that RainFx doesn't work with the Kunos Ferrari 488 GT3?
Rain falls on the windshield, the wipers work but do not sweep the drops.
Is there a modification to be made somewhere?
This should help...add the following to the bottom of \assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\kunos\ks_ferrari_488_gt3.ini

[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE = GEO_Chassis_SUB3
WIPERS = GEO_Wiper4

Guerilla answered me I'm the first reporting a possible Trojan in the files.
So I took the risk, downloaded and installed normally after disabling WinDefender for the time needed, checked all the car files (not that I would recognize a Trojan if I stepped on one :P), compared to my actual version etc.
The car works fine and after re-enabling WinDefender all seems to go well.
It is the second time in years I get a virus warning, so WinDef probably had a bad day... :D
Wonder why the wipers don't work though ?
You can (should) always use a second opinion about a virus warning. Just use an online virus scanner for example.
Here some reviewed ones:
https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-online-virus-scanners-1356651

Last edited:
the rollovers cars do well, but overall driving experience which is what counts go for the GTP versions.

Id disagree, id say the GTP versions are alot better. They are effectively upgraded versions of the rollovers cars, better physics etc.
There are things aesthetically

Well here's something good for you. download the rollovers version and get the physics swapped done by @Caddy_DPi and you should be good to go.

what is everyones favorite version of Sebring?

ive got 3 versions :
RD
Rollovers
Legion

i think the rollovers one is the best one..
any others ive missed? maybe some rfactor 2 converted?

This should help...add the following to the bottom of \assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\kunos\ks_ferrari_488_gt3.ini
As I continue to read this thread (catching up)
[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE = GEO_Chassis_SUB3
WIPERS = GEO_Wiper4
Fantastic, thank you 👍

For "not modders" guys like me, next time with other cars, here is the solution to find the information to make the wipers work.

First check whether the wipers are working by going into the showroom and typing Alt+w.
If your car becomes weird, it means that you have only pressed "w", press "w" 2 or 3 times to make it "normal" again.

[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE =
WIPERS =

For the SURFACE reference, click on the windsceen to found the name. On this car it's : Material: EXT_Glass and in arrow #3 click on the three dots to see the complete Name : GEO_Chassis_SUB3
fer1.png

For the WIPERS reference click on the wiper to found the Name : GEO_Wiper4 (the name at the top, not the text after Path: )

Be careful to select the wiper blade, not the arm that supports the wiper.

With 2 wipers you need to put the references of the 2 wipers like that (exemple) WIPERS = wiper1, wiper2 (don't forget the comma and space between the 2 references, or 3 references if rear window wiper)

Fer.png

and put the references here
[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE =
WIPERS =

Put this 3 lines at the bottom of the ext_config.ini files on :
assettocorsa>content>cars>ks_ferrari_488_gt3 (exemple)>extention>ext_config.ini

or at the bottom of the .ini file on
assettocorsa>extension>config>car>loaded>ks_ferrari_488_gt3.ini (exemple)

If the folder doesn't exist, create it and also create the ext_config.ini or exemplecar.ini file if it's missing (the .ini files is a document.text and you rename the .text on .ini take a look at this il you have problems to rename on .ini > https://support.winzip.com/hc/en-us...dows-to-show-file-extensions-and-hidden-files)

Last edited:
Fantastic, thank you 👍

For "not modders" guys like me, next time with other cars, here is the solution to find the information to make the wipers work.
[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE =
WIPERS =

For the Surface reference, clic on the windsceen to found Material: EXT_Glass and in 3 clic on the three dots to see the complete name : GEO_Chassis_SUB3
View attachment 986962

for the wipers reference clic to found Material: EXT_Engine_Bottom then name : GEO_Wiper4
View attachment 986957

and put the reference here
[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE =
WIPERS =

Thank you very much! I just created my first working wipers in 2 minutes! Works perfect.

Only thing is I created the extension folder in the car's folder.

Last edited:
The endurance version of the car(s) doesn't change much aesthetically. Sometimes a little different rear wing. Usually just the front bumper, with endulights added, for night racing.
Looks beautiful but it crashed on loading. I read your post about the update, may I ask when will you release it?

About Istanbul Park,

with @shi 's help we're very close to release the final version on the track.

Only missing thing is a proper driving line & AI for the Intermediate (Short) layout. Could anyone help us about that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean this?
Or am I missing something?

View attachment 986958
Yes. Although I checked the Caddy Cien, the quality of the conversion leaves a bit to be desired.

Does anyone know if CSP really intends to end support for controllers? I just made the mistake of going into the Steam forum of AC and there you have very elitist wheel people claiming they will "patch out" controller support for AC. I use a controller because I can't afford anything better.

Yes. Although I checked the Caddy Cien, the quality of the conversion leaves a bit to be desired.

Does anyone know if CSP really intends to end support for controllers? I just made the mistake of going into the Steam forum of AC and there you have very elitist wheel people claiming they will "patch out" controller support for AC. I use a controller because I can't afford anything better.
I don't think they'll do such a thing. Maybe about matchmaking system, they might do few tweaks such as disabling the keyboard+mouse vs. wheel players play at the same session. Maybe.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back