Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,791 comments
143498267_461121284903773_2192677958485001348_o.jpg

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM VROOOOOOOOOOOOMM

https://mega.nz/file/PZh2WDpC#Am3iliq8GFhXNKJ1JcgwFyGL0yUG-F87UWV8VI4Ms-A

Hey TheRealCeeBee,
so oddly enough I ran into the same message today. I have a Fanatec Elite F1, everything was running great up until today. I received the same error you have. At first I thought it was a mod I had installed, so I removed it, still same. I tried a Kunos car on Kunos track and the same. I tried to calibrate the wheel and pedals (CSL ELITE w/ Load cell) in AC and everything checked out. I try to run a car and the pedals are non responsive, and the throttle is pegged like I'm pressing it.

Would you mind elaborating your steps a little more in detail? I can run WRC8 without an issue so think this is related to AC for sure. I've been running 1.71 version. Any assistance would be appreciated if anyone has any other ideas.

thanks in advance

completely different scenario, mine worked fine only gave mean error on game exit. The error was specific to the fact that I had a backup of my AC folder that I copied back over the steam install, and windows "protects" you from dll files by blocking them and making you manually unblock them in this case. I highly doubt this is your error.

but fwiw (and because it cannot hurt) here is what I did.

right click any dll in the install folder and look for this if it exists

upload_2021-1-28_6-4-19.png

or add the take ownership script to your windows, I use this one mostly for accessing my windows store apps folders.

@Kiny did you upload that Bugatti Bolide to RaceDepartment? It's against the rules to upload official content ripped from other games on their platform. If you want to share that car, do it via mediafire or mega.nz

And what do we (GTP), have to do with, what is being upload and who is uploading at Race Department?
Why the concern of RD rules, here at GTP?

Note, I do like RD a lot! I used to play GTL online with the site founder Bram Hengeveld, about 20 years ago(if my mind is sane).
I am registered since 2008. But each one to each own. Or whatever make sense in english.

Nothing personal mate,
Cheers

Hey,

Anybody know if its possible to completley hide an object on a track using anything in the extensions file?

Say I wanted to replace the pit building on an existing track, can i hide the ;pitbuilding' mesh, so then I can load in a new 'newpitbuilding.kng5' using the models.ini file.

This could save time on updating some older circuits.

Thanks again,
Tyrone

EDIT NVM

My google-fu let me down

To disable a mesh via CSP, you need a tag like this:
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = objectname
IS_RENDERABLE = 0
needed to do this for a track, beware it will not remove collision status from 1kerb 1grass 1 road objects, invisible or not you will hit them.

Vector W8 Twin Turbo Rework by Dragster666

Reworked by Dragster666
-Added AO inside out
-Fixed inaccurate performance
-Added Turbo Boost system from the real car aka Kers in this game.
-Added pop up headlights with an headlight mesh which may be inaccurate the real car but it does the job pretty good...
-Added proper Lods (Better done Lods than on my previous cars)
-Removed the inaccurate V12 sound to a more fitting V8 sound
-Rain ready windows,Working wipers ect....
-Gauges done from scratch including digital tachometers
-Removed shifting animation cause the real car is an auto and sadly that shifter isn't modeled
and the whole interior is sadly incorrectly modeled....
-Fixed Driver
-Added reverse light
-New CSP colors Gun Metal and Chameleon this also affects the normal colors and makes them look better....
-CSP shaders for the rims too!
-Added a headlight cover function its if you want the pop ups to go down without turning on the headlights just
press the Extra Option D binding if you can't activate it go into settings then go into controls then into Patch
then bind the Extra Option D function to your button and then activate it in game!!!
Also Note!!! when you want to activate the headlights if you have this on press Extra Option D button to turn
it off then activate the headlights. Do this because the Extra Option D cover animation conflicts with the headlight animation
so turn the covers off first!!!!
-Added a new experimental 6.0 L Rodeck twin-turbocharged V8 engine sound via FMOD.
(Keep in mind that its still experimental because its my first sound mod ever.) I also took the sounds from these videos both from the outside and in the interior.
Outside:

Interior

If you dislike it you can replace it with a another V8 or swap back in
the Countach V12....

Credits:
1ST Racing Studio (Converter) Assettoland (Update) Dragster666 (Rework)

View attachment 987687
View attachment 987688
Sadly recently Gerald Wiegert passed away thank you Wiegert for these crazy car designs that were pretty much unthinkable at the time having a car to look more crazy than the famous Countach wasn't a easy task and i congratulate you on that.

edit

Last edited:
Updated RainFX for Okayama circuit by (Mitja Bonca) Original By shin956
Additional Stream Edges added
Okayama International circuit 1.0
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/okayama-international-circuit.15846/
okayama_rainfx track bg.jpg

This track does have a config file - Add this on the end of the; YourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\okayama.ini

[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = Cozy61
VERSION = 0.9 beta
DATE_RELEASE = 27th January 2021
NOTES = v0.9beta by Cozy61, for a rainfx version - updated config of Original RainFX By shin956

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?Default?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?Default?, ?Material?
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = ?Material?, GARAGE_C1, GSTAND
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ?Grass?, Material #552
LINES_MATERIALS = ?Material?, Material #1581
STREAM_EDGE_... = 414.83, 35.57, 199.66, -23.65, 32.37, 232.86
STREAM_EDGE_... = 132.29, 29.41, 187.53, 132.2, 29.4, 185.67
STREAM_EDGE_... = 134.53, 29.05, 185.31, 134.43, 28.79, 183.28
STREAM_EDGE_... = 39.45, 30.03, 232.6, 35.13, 29.56, 178.82
STREAM_EDGE_... = -72.35, 23.46, 42.22, -50.27, 23.41, 57.41

Installation Help
If you want to move/copy the track config from the loaded tracks folder you can;
1. Create and extension folder (all lowercase) in the track folder
2. Place or create an ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor
3. To create a save as *.ini file you need to switch the files from *.txt to *.* all files
4. Copy the rain FX text for your track and paste at the end of the existing or newly created ext_config.ini
5. Sometimes there will be other KN5 files that need to be in the extension folder for track lights etc.
6. Copy these from the yourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded folder and paste in the tracks extesion folder
7. To stop AC from getting confused. You can add the following to the beginning of the ext_config.ini file for each track;
Please Note: from time to time, configs in the tracks/loaded folder get updated so you may prefer to just have the rainfx as an ext_config in the track extension folder if you are not worried about a self-contained track or don't remember to check the track config on a regular basis
[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

Hope that helps
Cozy61
Jan 2021

Attachments

• okayama_v2_rainfx.txt
    737 bytes · Views: 50
Every day means a new bug for AC / CSP. I swear to god I spend more time troubleshooting that game than playing it and it's getting annoying.

Yesterday : Chang grass was too bright, tried to edit the brightness through Sol tack settings, didn't do anything (worked for Eastern Creek, though?)
Today : CSP takes a looooong time to load shaders and stuff for both track and car (when I say long it's a 5 mins wait)
Tomorrow : maybe some more broken grassfx ? Who knows !

I long for a definitive, bug-free CSP experience. Maybe in 2035 ?

I'm not a modder, but had an idea. I've been away for a little while, and have gotten back into AC, and there seems to be weather. Now every single track here, has someone post a camera file (thx Dabaeda and Safi), and rainfx file, and other small config files to adjust things about which I have no clue. But there are thousands of them, despite them being tiny files.

Is it worth somebody keeping like a library of these files, whenever they are updated, so that the Content Manager can refer to this file and update this information automatically, or at the very least, we just unzip the lot, delete the tracks we don't use, and copy the small files over in a batch? I'm thinking also things like ui files - I spend ages painstakingly correcting the series related to tracks, or countries etcetc, and with update after update, it takes crazy amounts of time. Maybe everyone could agree to a standardised format, for things like 'FIA GT' tags, and then we all build a colossal library. I can't be the only person who looks at the tag lists on some tracks and deletes 90% of them because otherwise you end up with 5000 tags that are utterly useless.

I'd be surprised if it were more than 100mb. I'm talking about just the notepad files. Just an idea from a non-modder

Sounds as if you´re not aware there's a github repository of configs that can be downloaded automatically through content manager; some tracks/cars there have been updated with rain but most haven´t and it´s probably better not to until rainFX goes public.
See the thing about the rain is people are kind of treating this beta, unfinished, work in progress feature as some sort of finished product to be distributed around, looking to "fix" missing or broken features (like the sound of rain, which has been purposely removed because its buggy and being worked on... )

Cameras are a different story; I dont know if a camera library could be integrated with the upcoming workshop Ilja is working on...
UI tags i´ve kinda given up on, for the most part; now I only edit tags for cars and tracks that get the most use or else my not really OCD gets the best of me :lol:

(btw all tracks should have a continent tag by default)

Last edited:
Every day means a new bug for AC / CSP. I swear to god I spend more time troubleshooting that game than playing it and it's getting annoying.

Yesterday : Chang grass was too bright, tried to edit the brightness through Sol tack settings, didn't do anything (worked for Eastern Creek, though?)
---> if it is not working, then the SOL values are hardcoded in the corresponding ini of the track located in extension\config\tracks (or \loaded); search for SOL values in the config and remove it.

Today : CSP takes a looooong time to load shaders and stuff for both track and car (when I say long it's a 5 mins wait) --> WIN 10 FTH issue maybe?
Tomorrow : maybe some more broken grassfx ? Who knows !

I long for a definitive, bug-free CSP experience. Maybe in 2035 ?

---> if it is not working, then the SOL values are hardcoded in the corresponding ini of the track located in extension\config\tracks (or \loaded); search for SOL values in the config and remove it. Especially TA Exposure value is responsible for that.

Today : CSP takes a looooong time to load shaders and stuff for both track and car (when I say long it's a 5 mins wait) --> WIN 10 FTH issue maybe?

Quick & Dirty RainFX by request for Zolder 2017 circuit by (Reboot Project)
Zolder 2017 (Reboot Project)

http://assettomods.com/zolder-2017-reboot-project/
zolder2017_rainfx track bg.jpg

This track does have a config file - Add this on the end of the; YourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\nrms_zolder\extension\ext_config

As said, quick and dirty until its refined :D

[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = Cozy61
VERSION = 0.9 beta
DATE_RELEASE = 27th January 2021
NOTES = v0.9beta by Cozy61, Request for a rainfx version - Very Basic RainFX config

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?grid?, startgrid, ?Default?, ?road?, ?rmbl?
SOAKING_MATERIALS = startgrid, ?Default?, ?road?
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = ?rmbl?
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ?grass?, ?grvl?
LINES_MATERIALS = ?rmbl?

Installation Help
If you want to move/copy the track config from the loaded tracks folder you can;
1. Create and extension folder (all lowercase) in the track folder
2. Place or create an ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor
3. To create a save as *.ini file you need to switch the files from *.txt to *.* all files
4. Copy the rain FX text for your track and paste at the end of the existing or newly created ext_config.ini
5. Sometimes there will be other KN5 files that need to be in the extension folder for track lights etc.
6. Copy these from the yourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded folder and paste in the tracks extesion folder
7. To stop AC from getting confused. You can add the following to the beginning of the ext_config.ini file for each track;
Please Note: from time to time, configs in the tracks/loaded folder get updated so you may prefer to just have the rainfx as an ext_config in the track extension folder if you are not worried about a self-contained track or don't remember to check the track config on a regular basis
[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

Hope that helps
Cozy61
Jan 2021

Attachments

• nrms_zolder_rainfx.txt
    484 bytes · Views: 52
Last edited:
Last edited:
Hey,

I generated an alternative terrain for the Ningbo track that is going around, at the request of a fellow GTP user.

However I don't know the origin of the track / who made its ect. Is it okay to post the files here as a complete package, or should I only post the changes I have made so you can merger the files if you already have the track installed?

It's not much, just gives it a bit of life imo. Ymmv.

Before:
View attachment 987724

After:

View attachment 987726

View attachment 987727
no publication here please, the "Ningbo track" project is in progress nothing should be published for the moment it is beta - test version, only the people concerned by the project have the right to publish information here, i will private contact my friend

Last edited:
Guys, I just downloaded this track from RD but just after download, it was removed. I'm adding the new link below.

TRACK - Buenos Aires (Autódromo Oscar y Juan Gálvez) v1.0 (by H22).7z - 330.3 MB

Does it anything else for that track (cameras, GrassFX, RainFX, Skin etc.) to make it a complete package?

no publication here please, the project is in progress nothing should be published for the moment it is beta - test version, only people affected by the project have the right to publish information here, please send a private message my friend

Just posted now... But if it isn't ok, I can delete it.

Speaking of the ACFL STC2000's, the windscreen of the Corolla; the most important window to have its transparency working, isn't actually transparent when driving in interior view.
View attachment 987635

The strangest thing about this is that in the Content Manager showroom, this issue doesn't come up.View attachment 987636
And furthermore, the other cars in the pack - the Chevy, Citroen, Fiat, Ford, Peugeot and Renault don't have this problem.

If anyone knows how to fix the transparency issue for the STC2000 Toyota, here is the link to the download.

By chance did you try downloading and installing the patch for the Toyota on their download page?

completely different scenario, mine worked fine only gave mean error on game exit. The error was specific to the fact that I had a backup of my AC folder that I copied back over the steam install, and windows "protects" you from dll files by blocking them and making you manually unblock them in this case. I highly doubt this is your error.

but fwiw (and because it cannot hurt) here is what I did.

right click any dll in the install folder and look for this if it exists

View attachment 987713

or add the take ownership script to your windows, I use this one mostly for accessing my windows store apps folders.

Great thanks for all your feedback on this. I ended up accessing Assetto Corsa, Controls, through CM and assigned Throttle, Brakes, and Clutch through there, and low and behold, pedals began to function again. I had previously calibrated through the game itself and it wasn't working. Not sure what exactly happened but functioning now. :banghead:
thanks again

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back