Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,742 comments
The RD police has striked again, all deleted. The mod has screwed up my BMW Sauber 2009, has anyone a clue what this error needs to be fixed?

upload_2021-2-3_23-2-9.png

The RD police has striked again, all deleted. The mod has screwed up my BMW Sauber 2009, has anyone a clue what this error needs to be fixed?

View attachment 989227

probably related to your original mod folder having a different name, like f1_2009_bmw_sauber instead of f1_2009_bmwsauber.
keep the new mod folder and insure the .kn5 uses the new mod folder name.

Last edited:
HI ! Circuit number 12 is the one used by road tourism, the most popular category in Argentina and the oldest in the world. you can search on youtube the tc races and you will see the format of cameras they use. ah! and your work is excellent, greetings from Argentina
Oh thank you so much my friend! <3

I'll do it! I'm in love with this track!

from the latest Autodromo-de-buenos-aires-by-h22 update

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/autodromo-de-buenos-aires-by-h22.39264/

How can you remove all this hideous and even bright billboards?
feels like driving in an airport

View attachment 989229

View attachment 989230

I wish more tracks had them. If used IRL, as long as they break away and don't cause damage to the car, they'd help those learning the track, and be very visible for evening and night racing. Regardless, maybe someone can write a config that removes them if you like.

probably related to your original mod folder having a different name, like f1_2009_bmw_sauber instead of f1_2009_bmwsauber.
keep the new mod folder and insure the .kn5 uses the new mod folder name.

Unfortunately, this is not the culprit. I have checked this one already.

Update for Sentul Circuit v1.3

So, after spending most of this day in conference with @imported_ApexVGear, who offered me testing my Sentul changes and support me with youtube clips so I could see, what I´m done, we got it finished. At least for now. :D

Many, many thanks @imported_ApexVGear for your help, work, feedback and time. :bowdown: 👍 :cheers:
Was a complete new experience, though I would like to do in future without that detour. :D

He also provided the ui.json which comes with this new version. :cheers:
Besides this last quick made youtube clip how it looks at the end:

He asked me to ask if anyone wants to add a more detailed road mesh. :D
Also thx for @macko68 for formerly asking me for better Grass FX last weekend. :)

• slightly improved trees
  • slightly improved horizen
  • added untested Rain FX
  • added Grass FX with tweaked brightnes for different grass patches
  • smoothed some meshes
  • new vao-patch
  • tweaked contrasts for some textures
  • fixed tiling logo on marshal stands with new Idemitsu skin (though no further support from my side for that skin. For issues with that skin, please ask skin author on RD :D)
  • brightened that very dark stand roofs

Make as always a backup before if by chance, you don´t like these changes:
https://sharemods.com/p4e2szuknkbk/acf_sentul_circuit_v1.3.7z.html

Thx harruman for original version and Assetto Corsa Fanboy for all the nice work. If anybody has contact to him, give him my greetings and please PM me. :bowdown:

Last edited:
from the latest Autodromo-de-buenos-aires-by-h22 update
How can you remove all this hideous and even bright billboards?
feels like driving in an airport.../...
I'm guessing it won't be that difficult, but tbh I really like them and they look a lot nicer than the Pirelli brake markers that F1 is using lately:

a-150-metre-pirelli-braking-ma-1.jpg

There is imo a far more important thing that needs looking after (and as it seems the author doesn't care too much (or doesn't know how to fix it):
when starting from hotlap, time is recorded after crossing the timing line (which is different from the starting line that is further up the straight), which results in incorrect and far too fast personal best times. Only workaround I can think of is going off track before reaching the timing line to prevent the time being recorded.

Last edited:

So, after spending most of this day in conference with @imported_ApexVGear, who offered me testing my Sentul changes and support me with youtube clips so I could see, what I´m done, we got it finished. At least for now. :D

Many, many thanks @imported_ApexVGear for your help, work, feedback and time. :bowdown: 👍 :cheers:
Was a complete new experience, though I would like to do in future without that detour. :D

Also thx for @macko68 for formerly asking me for better Grass FX last weekend. :)

• added untested Rain FX
  • smoothed some meshes
  • new vao-patch
  • fixed tiling logo on marshal stands with new Idemitsu skin (though no further support from my side for that skin. For issues with that skin, please ask skin author on RD :D)

Thx harruman for original version and Assetto Corsa Fanboy for all the nice work. If anybody has contact to him, give him my greetings and please PM me. :bowdown:

I really like the changes you brought here but still, if you put a coat on a goat, the goat remains a goat. Anyway, here is a better and more realistic skin:

https://we.tl/t-r7WAY8eVCN

Could you please do me a favour and check a thing? I have deleted the billboards_big and billboards.kn5 since these simply do not exist in real life, but now the s/f lights are floating in the air since they are connected to one billboard. Would it be possible to have only this one billboard left as a standalone but the other ones not?

I really like the changes you brought here but still, if you put a coat on a goat, the goat remains a goat. Anyway, here is a better and more realistic skin:

https://we.tl/t-r7WAY8eVCN

Could you please do me a favour and check a thing? I have deleted the billboards_big and billboards.kn5 since these simply do not exist in real life, but now the s/f lights are floating in the air since they are connected to one billboard. Would it be possible to have only this one billboard left as a standalone but the other ones not?
Try this skin: https://mega.nz/folder/DTxT0AgS#CLLF7ybYqx7Jm8MPGG2Wkg

I will have to say what I think, once more.
I will not 'quote' any posts.
It doesn't matter, if I will be again *that guy*.

It is becoming quite ridiculous (dumb and nonsense whining), some complains about some AC Mods.

This was not triggered by any particulary post. This is more due to a more and more, sometimes, really smallest details, of some whinings.
Some of them even not seing from driving position!

That's all.

And also if you want the other suggestions for the others sound-wise.
Acura: Honda NSX GT3 - use the GTP version for the sound
Nissan: SCG 003C
Mazda: Praga R1

I think the RPM in the GTP physics for most cars are pretty high vs those cars. The sound that came with the GTP stuff doesn't match RPM wish which was one of the issue to start with.

The ones I ended up using, I tried to match the real world layout as much as I can:
Cadillac: IER Corvette DP(small black chevy V8)
Acura: RSS Formula2 V6(Turbo V6, though the Acura engine is a TT and the F2 car is a single, I should try the URD Ford GT sound next)
Mazda: AAR Eagle MKIII(turbo 4)

I haven't tried the Nissan yet.

I also do agree I think the GTP physics is maybe a tad too fast. You can probably throw restrictor at it until they hit a more realistic laptime. Considering the car will do 200mph still on F1/R3 wing setting with 55% restrictor(and run 1:34s) I think they are either too slippery or too powerful...

Last edited:
hey all, ive been in MSFS2020 lala land for a bit but noticed today that my AC has REALLY bad FPS on a lot of tracks now.
(ones that used to be fine before)

I think the last thing I did was update CSP to 0.172p1 and SOL to 2.0 RC4 2.02

Which one is guilty? Probably SOL? Whats the latest version that does not kill FPS?

Try this one, which has just appeared (Sol 2.1 alpha11). The last version had a major rework which restored some of 'missing FPS' and it looks really good too. With that, I'm getting well over 100 fps on almost all tracks and often 140-150. I haven't tried today's update yet.

Last edited:

• added untested Rain FX
  • smoothed some meshes
  • new vao-patch

It's the ACF version?

I had search for info about this issue, but didn't found.
I remember to read something about it. Can't remember how to fix tho.

upload_2021-2-4_1-20-26.png

Does anyone remember what is the procedure to get it working?

Thank you.

Try this one, which has just appeared (Sol 2.1 alpha11). The last version had a major rework which restored some of 'missing FPS' and it looks really good too. With that, I'm getting well over 100 fps on almost all tracks and often 140-150. I haven't tried today's update yet.

Wonder if it works well with 1.69 preview 1, might have to check it out.

Thanks @RMi_wood, I'll save this post for reference. Unfortunately I don't have 3d software yet. May be I will get it sometime.

Putting a call out to those who can do it... can someone move the s/f line temporarily for me on the Fiorano Test track?

Well since no one answered the call, I gave it a shot, and after fumbling around for a while, I managed to fix it myself. Thanks to @RMi_wood for throwing me a bone. As I said beforehand, this track has been the unfixable one for me and others for quite a while. But I finally got it off my plate.

AI plus Rain FX for Fiorano 2017 by patrikpat (Speed and Test layouts):

https://www.racedepartment.com/down...or-fiorano-2017-speed-and-test-layouts.39467/
or
https://mega.nz/file/6xgTmK7D#SJ8OG2iVwEIYJorbXhsHax6OiJGKBd_FpYuGicPrJEw

Tested most Kunos Ferrari's, Kunos GT3's, and RSS open wheelers at 100% strength and aggression. Unfortunately, the Kunos Ferrari F1's ai kind of sucks, tbh, so they don't work nearly as well as the RSS cars. I've noticed this while working on other tracks as well. :(

While I was at it, I also did a rain fx config for the track.

Also,

Pit Lane fix plus Rain FX for Autodrom Most by TMM:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pit-fix-and-rain-fx-for-autodrom-most-v-2-1-by-tmm.39468/
or
https://mega.nz/file/q9wFBIhD#bCxth8FWLwKzSQNDhbMsOJo8PoaREN2JB9rwMGOBRHQ

A member at RD asked me to look at the track to see what was up with pit lane. Fixed it, and added a rain fx config, because I like to torture myself.

Over and out, hope you all have a great day.
Kevin

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back