Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,754 comments
Some Updates to Toronto - most of the buildings i've made myself for the sake of performance. Lots of the empty space will end up being hidden by billboards etc. It'll be the same layout as the 2019 circuit.
Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_acc_toronto_19-1-121-15-0-48.jpg
Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_acc_toronto_19-1-121-14-59-26.jpg
Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_acc_toronto_19-1-121-14-59-38.jpg
Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_acc_toronto_19-1-121-14-59-49.jpg
Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_acc_toronto_19-1-121-14-59-54.jpg
Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_acc_toronto_19-1-121-15-0-3.jpg
Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_acc_toronto_19-1-121-15-0-20.jpg
Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_acc_toronto_19-1-121-15-0-37.jpg

Here you Go - A request for Ireland and Japan - I've also updated Czech Republic, Singapore and Azerbaijan - Zip Files below
To assist identification of the skins country I've also added a (trial) 3 letter code on the rear O/S (Japan/Ireland) - Is it a good addition, too much or not required? Appreciate any feedback - Thanks
Link to the original post and GDrive downloads: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2242#post-13354041

View attachment 992582 View attachment 992583 View attachment 992581
Great work - can you do a skin for Northern Ireland? Thanks in advance 👍

All in all this is clearly the best Sepang so far in AC. Miles better than all the versions I had before, thank you.
If someone would change these stupid looking palm trees (that are all looking exactly the same, with the same shadows), it could be good. But that ugly 'plastic' looking decoration spoils the whole track for me. But hey, I like trees, might not be your thing... :D
Anyway, something 'miles better' is coming soon.

RainFX for London (City of), Prague and Macua Circuit

EDIT 21/02/2021 Found a far superior version of Macau rainFx by @KevinK2 here:
https@://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tour-of-asia-rain-fx.39101/

Track Links
london_rainfx track bg.jpg

London:https://sharemods.com/3pksg5i9qy9r/London.rar.html

prague_rainfx track bg.jpg

Prague by (fm7) and (Esprit3905): FM7 version be easier on the FPS
https://sharemods.com/x1jcefrtfe9j/prague_0.1.rar.html

macau_rainfx track bg.jpg

Macau Guia Circuit
by (Jim Lloyd)
https://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/macau-guia-circuit.html

INSTALLATION
London
This track does not have a config file - unzip then add extension folder to the; YourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\london folder

Prague
This track does have a config file - Add this on the end of the; YourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\prague\extension/ext_config.ini

Macau Guia Circuit

This track does have a config file - Add this on the end of the; YourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded\macau.ini

Installation Help
If you want to move/copy the track config from the loaded tracks folder you can;
1. Create and extension folder (all lowercase) in the track folder
2. Place or create an ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor
3. To create a save as *.ini file you need to switch the files from *.txt to *.* all files
4. Copy the rain FX text for your track and paste at the end of the existing or newly created ext_config.ini
5. Sometimes there will be other KN5 files that need to be in the extension folder for track lights etc.
6. Copy these from the yourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded folder and paste in the tracks extesion folder
7. To stop AC from getting confused. You can add the following to the beginning of the ext_config.ini file for each track;
Please Note: from time to time, configs in the tracks/loaded folder get updated so you may prefer to just have the rainfx as an ext_config in the track extension folder if you are not worried about a self-contained track or don't remember to check the track config on a regular basis
[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

Attachments

• london_rainfx.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 52
  • prague_rainfx.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 50
  • macau_rainfx.txt
    795 bytes · Views: 48
Last edited:
It's been a while since I posted here, I released this a couple days ago but forgot to post it here so here it is!

Released!
Alfa Romeo 155 TI V6 Street
Link: https://drive.google.com/.../1OnZeJONQnla6WrNJlnl.../view...

I liked the body of the 155 DTM from Kunos and thought to myself that it would be cool to have it as a street car. So here it is!
Main changes: Interior from the 155 Q4 by AC Cars Reworked (thanks a lot!), Giulia wheels.
Full mod/changes list: Giulia wheels and tyres, slightly better brakes, 155 Q4 interior, black and white Alfa badges, removed window decal, removed spoiler, added plates, new colours, VAO interior, removed some racing bits, shaders ODOmeter and maybe more idk.
I think this mod requires DLC Dreampack #1

Let me know if I forgot anything or should improve anything!

Have fun

151374077_10208981369127244_3204357745027370090_o.jpg

150972161_10208981369287248_8081690189502881960_o.jpg

151093490_10208981369647257_1249331071697035350_o.jpg

The is the track I mentioned, Shek O on HK island:
https://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/hong.html

https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/shek-o-hong-kong.322/page-2

There is also a track cam for it on Racedepartment:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/hong-kong-0-5-trackcams-update.11137/

Pretty cool track but too bad it wasn't a loop. Nonetheless, thanks the modder for the track.
ah I see, That Hong one is from Grid game, I got that one too, it does look very good and got elements of hk roads combined and widened XD

It is brilliant to finally see someone making the Shek O mountain roads!! Would definitely love to try it out once it is finished, since I am also quite familiar with that bit of road

Another question yet again this time its for the sounds whenever i paste the Vector W8 and the Diablo GT2 together in a race for some odd reason the ai for an example Vector W8 will use the sfx from my GT2 and whenever i use the W8 and the GT2 as an ai the GT2 will use the SFX from the W8. I have no clue what's causing this.

Here you Go - A request for Ireland and Japan - I've also updated Czech Republic, Singapore and Azerbaijan - Zip Files below
To assist identification of the skins country I've also added a (trial) 3 letter code on the rear O/S (Japan/Ireland) - Is it a good addition, too much or not required? Appreciate any feedback - Thanks
Link to the original post and GDrive downloads: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2242#post-13354041

View attachment 992582 View attachment 992583 View attachment 992581
Surprised you haven't done Finland. Especially considering the country's significance in motorsport and the drivers they produce. Also surprised some countries have two skins like Azerbaijan but not countries like Japan or Germany.

Last edited:
Hi,

I think I managed to improve Hungaroring 1988 a little bit (at least I count this as an improvement).

Version of the track I used was the one by _EASY_. Changes I made:

- Better tree textures
- Better grass material (ripped from Terra21's Interlagos 1975)
- Demolished the ugly treewalls (this makes the track not very suitable for replays, some blank spaces, but looks OK from the cockpit)
- Added a lot of trees
- Something I forgot?

There may be some trees in weird places, didn't really watch the 1988 GP to be sure. All of this was made just for visual improvements. Of course IMO it adds to the racing experience itself.

Folder name is the same as earlier, so making a backup might be a good idea.

I'm taking no credit for this track, I was just messing around with it and ended up with a result too good just to keep for myself. I'm saying this not the raise anyone's expectations, it's still a poor track year 2021 - just a little bit better.

View attachment 992448

https://www.mediafire.com/file/t52ch3m5ba92y7h/hungaroring1988.rar/file

It is very good that you try to update this track 👍, but update without watching some movies, fotos of the track....:boggled:

On your preview picture You exactly plant trees on the service road, which is there 35 years ago from 1986.
No chain-link fence on there, etc. etc.

It is 2 second to find some fotos or videos from the Hungarian GP. And there are other races is online. Truck Race, Trabant cup, etc....
upload_2021-2-19_19-57-6.png

Surprised you haven't done Finland. Especially considering the country's significance in motorsport and the drivers they produce. Also surprised some countries have two skins like Azerbaijan but not countries like Japan or Germany.
@Sun Solaris Whoa, I'm getting round to it :D - Started off doing 2 skins (like F1) but getting quite a few requests so I've reverted back to one.
Is Finland a request? ;)

Last edited:
It is very good that you try to update this track 👍, but update without watching some movies, fotos of the track....:boggled:

On your preview picture You exactly plant trees on the service road, which is there 35 years ago from 1986.
No chain-link fence on there, etc. etc.

It is 2 second to find some fotos or videos from the Hungarian GP. And there are other races is online. Truck Race, Trabant cup, etc....
View attachment 992721

Yea I know it's not historically correct track. I was just aiming to improve the original, very outdated track, primarily for my own fun. It was a quick job with my limited knowledge and I know there is a lot to improve. But if I'm gonna return to improving that track further, I'm gonna need to learn myself some new software and some other tricks first.

Question time!

Is there a version of the Pocono track that includes the infield twisty bits? Just finished reading an account of Derek Bell racing Al Holbert's 962 there and would like to give it a go... :)

thanks for your work!
but why did you remove so many details on this wonderful track?
i instantly checked this, because it is one of my favorites of the past. i think i just changed some shader settings on the bushes on my version.. i have to check.
then it looked really nice.
but removing all of this makes no sense to me. sorry. :confused::confused:
or did i miss some other update files?
What was it that you think was removed from the track? I'm curious because this is also one of my favourites. There's nothing in the ext-config.ini that seems to be hiding any trackside assets.
If you have any doubts you could just copy the 'extension' and 'data' folders from @DaBaeda 's download into your own track folder.

BTW, I did a fictional billboard and blimp skin for this track a loooong time ago and it's pretty terrible. It was one of my early ones and I was trying for the faded/weathered/peeling look and went a bit OTT.
Anyway, here it is in a 'skins' folder to drop into the track folder, along with the 90s F1 skin uploaded recently by @CLAY CABIATI .

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ijh28zzziffpl6m/skins.7z/file

Last edited:
What was it that you think was removed from the track? I'm curious because this is also one of my favourites. There's nothing in the ext-config.ini that seems to be hiding any trackside assets.
If you have any doubts you could just copy the 'extension' and 'data' folders from @DaBaeda 's download into your own track folder.

BTW, I did a fictional billboard and blimp skin for this track a loooong time ago and it's pretty terrible. It was one of my early ones and I was trying for the faded/weathered/peeling look and went a bit OTT.
Anyway, here it is in a 'skins' folder to drop into the track folder, along with the 90s F1 skin uploaded recently by @CLAY CABIATI .

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ijh28zzziffpl6m/skins.7z/file

I've noticed it too, there's some details and textures missing. Although I think @DaBaeda is doing an awesome job with this reworks (thanks a lot man!), I still miss some of the vegetation and textures of the original ACU Estoril.

Original:

Screenshot_asr_1990_mclaren_mp4-5b_acu_estoril1990_19-1-121-22-15-9.jpg
Screenshot_asr_1990_mclaren_mp4-5b_acu_estoril1990_19-1-121-22-14-35.jpg

Rework:

Screenshot_asr_1990_mclaren_mp4-5b_acu_estoril90s_19-1-121-22-17-31.jpg
Screenshot_asr_1990_mclaren_mp4-5b_acu_estoril90s_19-1-121-22-17-56.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks again for this, it's always been one of my favourite converted mod tracks in AC.
ACU did a really solid job with the conversion and your tweaks make it even better. I bumped ksAmbient and ksDiffuse for the tarmac both up to 0.4 for personal preference in VR but your config makes adjusting these a breeze. Thanks.

There are a LOT of flags around the track and they all seem to play really nicely with the CSP flag shader, so add these fields to your config and the flags will all come alive.
It really adds a lot to the visual immersion, methinks.

[BASIC]
SUPPORTS_WIND = 1
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

[WIND]
DYNAMIC_FLAGS = AUTO

Hmmm..not quite...

mexico_flags.png

Or is it because I'm still on CSP 0.1.70 ?

It's been a while since I posted here, I released this a couple days ago but forgot to post it here so here it is!

Released!
Alfa Romeo 155 TI V6 Street
Link: https://drive.google.com/.../1OnZeJONQnla6WrNJlnl.../view...

I liked the body of the 155 DTM from Kunos and thought to myself that it would be cool to have it as a street car. So here it is!
Main changes: Interior from the 155 Q4 by AC Cars Reworked (thanks a lot!), Giulia wheels.
Full mod/changes list: Giulia wheels and tyres, slightly better brakes, 155 Q4 interior, black and white Alfa badges, removed window decal, removed spoiler, added plates, new colours, VAO interior, removed some racing bits, shaders ODOmeter and maybe more idk.
I think this mod requires DLC Dreampack #1

Let me know if I forgot anything or should improve anything!

Have fun

151374077_10208981369127244_3204357745027370090_o.jpg

150972161_10208981369287248_8081690189502881960_o.jpg

151093490_10208981369647257_1249331071697035350_o.jpg

Pretty neat! Reminds me of the 488 GT3's with stock interiors... Perhaps adjust the driver's view position so it can see over the dash, remove the rear aero since there is no rear wing and lastly perhaps some LODs?

Nice work though, thanks for sharing! :cheers:

I've noticed it too, there's some details and textures missing. Although I think @DaBaeda is doing an awesome job with this reworks (thanks a lot man!), I still miss some of the vegetation and textures of the original ACU Estoril.

Original:

View attachment 992772 View attachment 992773

Rework:

View attachment 992775 View attachment 992774
Ah, looks like the grass texture has been totally replaced, losing all of the 'worn scrubland' look. Edit: oh, and bushes removed too.
I just put the extension folder into my original track so didn't notice all that.

@DaBaeda, be aware too that I don't think you're always using the latest versions of these tracks as the base for your improvements, and your tracks try to overwrite the existing ones so existing updates might get lost.
Your Korea International Circuit seems based on ACU's original but @Delta7Fox already did a lot of improvements to the track, including new textures and billboards, geotags, UI info etc.
Edit: @Fanapryde posted a link here about a year ago https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-965#post-13059777

Might it be safer if you just provide the grass/tarmac configs and new cameras for adding to the track, or if you're actually altering the kn5 then release yours as brand new tracks so they don't overwrite the existing? That way people can easily compare them and copy over any billboard skins etc that might otherwise get lost.

Hmmm..not quite...

View attachment 992777

Or is it because I'm still on CSP 0.1.70 ?

Maybe... they look great on 0.1.68. I'll try them on 0.1.70.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back