Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,704 comments
View attachment 997789
Could this be the option to receive the shadow?
Is there a way to select everything and activate it?
three ways:

1. select edit, select all visible, select set tags, Shadows, [x] edit, [x] Shadow Caster
2. open the fbx.ini generated for kseditor in notepad, replace all, CAST_SHADOWS=0 / CAST_SHADOWS=1, save and import kseditor
3. kseditor, batch, * (all meshes), "cast on"

Last edited:
Any chance we can see these liveries on the Carrera Cup car. Awesome livery even though I'm a Aussie.

Attachments

• Matthew-Payne-1.jpg
    Matthew-Payne-1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Dale-Wood-1.jpg
    Dale-Wood-1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Dale-Wood-5-450x300.jpg
    Dale-Wood-5-450x300.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Dale-Wood-9-450x300.jpg
    Dale-Wood-9-450x300.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited by a moderator:
full

Bahrain, Emilia Romagna, Algarve Portimao, Barcelona, Monaco, Baku City, Gilles Villeneuve, Paul Ricard, Red Bull Ring, Silverstone, Hungaroring, Spa-Francorchamps, Zandvoort, Monza, Sochi Autodrom, Marina Bay, Suzuka, Circuit of the Americas,
Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Interlagos, Melbourne Park, Jeddah, Yas Marina.
Based on the testing footage of onboard laps I've been watching, Bahrain looks like they haven't changed anything. There are a few sponsor banners missing at the moment in real life so soon as I know what they are going to be, I'll update then. So far I've just created and swapped out some better quality textures.

three ways:

1. select edit, select all visible, select set tags, Shadows, [x] edit, [x] Shadow Caster
2. open the fbx.ini generated for kseditor in notepad, replace all, CAST_SHADOWS=0 / CAST_SHADOWS=1, save and import kseditor
3. kseditor, batch, * (all meshes), "cast on"

Have problem... :(

Screenshot_1.png

i don't why i haven't object exporting from 3dsimed, but if i open the kn5 see all the trees

PS: big thanks to all for the help

I wanted to retrieve some textures from a kunos car, but i dont know where they are located, in the texture folder there are only the flames textures.

the texture are on the kn5 file

Just a heads up: if you downloaded the 2018 Bentley Bentayga SUV beta, the latest automatic CM update will encrypt it.
I occasionally quite like driving some of these Chelsea tractors, even butt-fugly ones like the Bentayga. It's quite nicely done this one.
Haven't tried the update yet but hopefully it fixes the blank gauges when the lights are off.

Edit: tried to update through the CM automated system and...

bentyplop.PNG

Lol, the update seems to have added a machine gunner in the boot, taking random potshots at pedestrians.
*giant rolly eyes gif*

Last edited:
I occasionally quite like driving some of these Chelsea tractors, even butt-fugly ones like the Bentayga. It's quite nicely done this one.
Haven't tried the update yet but hopefully it fixes the blank gauges when the lights are off.

Edit: tried to update through the CM automated system and...

View attachment 997908

Lol, the update seems to have added a machine gunner in the boot, taking random potshots at pedestrians.
*giant rolly eyes gif*

It´s not encrypted, recently tried it out with the new update 0.59:
upload_2021-3-15_13-27-39.png

Hey Guys! hope all is well! I'm looking for some assistance with loading The Rollovers Huracan ST Evo, I receive a "setup invalid" message. I downloaded the link from the Rollovers Discord so figured there should be no issues with it. If anyone could shed some light on the "Setup Invalid" or has a link to the car they could provide, I would be grateful! I saw @Masscot had a previous link, but it is no longer valid.:confused:
thanks in advance!

I also got this error message, so I decided to adjust some things, I changed the suspension in game, the Height LF and RF 15 to 18.

20210315101444_1.jpg

20210315101457_1.jpg

Last edited:
But your first 1.31 ? ;)

As stated 1.3 was leaked (the link) and some updates were done to that version which was not meant to be public as there was some tidying up to do and some issues here and there that were being tested. Lessons learned, hopefully we will have a tighter hand on test versions in future, sorry for any inconvenience.

It was worth it.

The guys from RTM and SimDream need to learn how to make a decent mod, with cool features in 6 hours of work (according to Buja).

I9U5Fi.jpg

Looks like a basking shark.

Basking shark.jpg

guys, soon I'll have a car meeting on ac, but every mod I see seems too mainstream for me, so I gotta ask, does anyone have some crazy bodykitted cars/sleepers in their collection to share with me?

Yeah, I noticed that too.
Those ridiculous new backfire effects can hopefully be deactivated now.

Which one do you mean? The new flamesfx? If the car has flames, just delete the texture folder where the flames are included and the flame_preset.ini in data.acd.

Which one do you mean? The new flamesfx? If the car has flames, just delete the texture folder where the flames are included and the flame_preset.ini in data.acd.
It was more the machine gun sound effects that accompany the flames that were bothering me.

Last edited:
This NISSAN GT-R50 ITALDESIGN was put out today by Buja Gili (MNBA) for community improvements. I removed the mirror finish from the cockpit carbon (as it was a migraine-inducing nightmare in VR) and adjusted the upshift revs in ai.ini so that AI drivers now pull away at the start, but they aren't utilising the full rev range while driving. Anyone know what's going on?
If anyone is able to fix the trimming on the various GT-R badges (check the steering wheel boss, for example) then that'd be one more thing off the list as well.
Car rev upped to v0.1 with the above changes.

View attachment 997692

"Check car description what is already done.
Extras:
-Rain ready
-Blinker + Hazard
-Exhaust glow
-AO Exterior
-CM Paintshop is working for new skins
Animations:
-Wipers
-Wing (attached by speed and has effect on physics)
-Doors
-Trunk
If you use this car, don't forget the credits!!!
Car needs a lot of work, hope someone can finish it."

0.07 version as released by Buja Gili: https://mega.nz/file/hJZSXZSZ#yoSDOJ2pVV5or0Xmr3YvH0z_P9N6z-cb2DYsPE9rVU4

0.1 version with carbon tweak and ai.ini shift up adjustment: https://www.mediafire.com/file/tpqbsd3k8szm9er/bg_nissan_gtr50.7z/file

Here's the fix for the ai not using the full rev range while driving. Extract it in the data folder and let it replace it. (the problem was that the downshift rev was too high)

Attachments

• Nissan GT-R50 ai rev range fix.zip
    276 bytes · Views: 55
Last edited:
In Blender, the car seems to have the right size, about 4,6 meters, but when i load it in kseditor, it seems like its 10 times the size :confused::irked:. In 3DSimED too the size seem right. Do i just need to scale the car to 0.1 its size in blender ?
You have to set the correct scale in blender import + output profiles and make sure you save those profiles or you will go nuts with hitting the wrong scales all the time.
I don't have the correct scales from the top of my head but it is super easy to evaluate when using the standard blender cube as a reference when importing and use the CM custom showroom preset to a reference car when exporting from blender _> kseditor (you should see here already if your scale is drastically off).
Once you have found the correct scales, make sure to create and save the proper blender in/out profiles (I named mine in reference to where the data came from, like CM or 3Dsimed, etc, …)

It seems that I can't make any changes to any car with 3DSimED anymore. Or of course I can but I can't drive them. Tried to change windscreen-shader and got this error:

View attachment 997740

Any minor change causes this with any car (tried maybe 5-10). Unencrypted cars all. Hmm.

Also got some error about maybe fuel indicator goal or something like that..?

Extension tweaks still work and most of the stuff I do can be done with them but it complicates stuff IMO.

Don't use 3Dsimed for such edits.
It is a complete PIG software fro that sort of edit and what it loves the most is silently renaming objects and object trees without any regard to logic without you knowing it, … resulting in completely messing up all your data file references !@#$%

It is best to use 3Dsimed exclusively as a file converter and nothing else.
Use a proper 3D editor to work on fbx files and use kseditor (don't forget to use the proper in/out sequence, taking care that your fbx persistence file is properly carried over (also meaning: DO NOT DO texture file references and materials in your 3D editor but absolutely exclusively do them in kseditor)).

A windscreen material fix is super easy and fast this way:

1) Export bad mod from kn5 to fbx with CM
2) import fbx file into blender (or whatever 3D editor you use)
3) fix windscreen related objects if necessary (some mods do not have the required glass objects or have flipped normals, etc) - can be skipped if all objects are ok)
4) export fbx from blender (or whatever) after object fixes
5) import fixed fbx (again, ONLY object fixes if necessary - DO NOT FIX textures or references or materials in 3D editor) into kseditor (make sure to use the persistence file you exported earlier from CM or you will be doing all your materials and texture references again (you really want to avoid that hassle)
6) assign the correct materials and textures to the fixed objects in kseditor

optional: 7) I find it good practice to double check at this point that all major functional objects have their correct materials assigned, ESPECIALLY glass objects, mirrors, etc)

8) export fixed file from kseditor to kn5
9) load new kn5 into CM custom showroom and double check that all relevant materials are confirmed fixed (especially transparency settings like to be finicky, double check those!)
10) if you have made any mistakes or sometimes overlooked something resulting in an object renaming - make sure before you load a session to double check all usual functional objects with CM custom showroom and their respective references in the data files (i.e. mirrors, light objects, etc, …)
11) also test that LODs are properly working, the low res cockpit is properly assigned and working, wheel blur is proper, … (the usual quick check of typical errors that may be made by having the wrong tag active while exporting the kn5 file from kseditor)
Many of those can be quickly fixed on the spot in CM custom showroom by simply correcting them and re-saving the model in CM custom showroom without having to move again through kseditor.

If you mod a lot, make sure to streamline your workflows with all of these tools and maybe type down a quick checklist - saves you a lot of headache and making mistakes that burn a lot of trouble shooting time (you know those endless crash back to CM moments with cryptic error messages only to find out that you broke an instrument reference as you forgot to rebuild the instrument in kseditor after having renamed it in your 3D editor as you worked on the dashboard, …).

I was deleting a bunch of old photos and noticed quite a difference with Sol. I always tend to use the 'Windy' weather preset as it used to create a nice mix of blue sky peppered with white clouds and really dark stormy rain clouds, the type of sky that'd be making you nervous if you were out on a long walk without a brolly. These days though, all the dark moody rainclouds seem to have been removed from the preset and it's mainly just slightly greyer clouds in the mix. Is there any way to increase the contrast of the clouds to bring back this threat of rain?
Here's what it used to look like. There no longer seems to be a preset that looks anything like this any more:

Screenshot_legion_shelby_daytona_289_sx_lemans_5-11-119-11-26-54.jpg

Last edited:
guys, soon I'll have a car meeting on ac, but every mod I see seems too mainstream for me, so I gotta ask, does anyone have some crazy bodykitted cars/sleepers in their collection to share with me?

Shutoko discord has crazy bodykitted and heavily tuned japanese cars with pretty good physics, in case you're not aware of them already.

I was deleting a bunch of old photos and noticed quite a difference with Sol. I always tend to use the 'Windy' weather preset as it used to create a nice mix of blue sky peppered with white clouds and really dark stormy rain clouds, the type of sky that'd be making you nervous if you were out on a long walk without a brolly. These days though, all the dark moody rainclouds seem to have been removed from the preset and it's mainly just slightly greyer clouds in the mix. Is there any way to increase the contrast of the clouds to bring back this threat of rain?
Here's what it used to look like. There no longer seems to be a preset that looks anything like this any more:

View attachment 997944

What CSP version you on? Apparently there is a problem with cloud shadows in 0.1.73 and Peter Boese recommends using 0.1.72 for now. He did also say that a lot of the current issues will be fixed in the public 0.1.74 release (and not the previews for now). I'm just hoping he fixes the shadow bias problem.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back