Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,761 comments
For sure not having an AI will result in no mileage, but could also be in combination without all 3 timers on the track.
AC relies heavily on the AI (it is needed for cams). Tracks reported length is also generated from the AI line.

Thanks for that info... Let's see if I got this right... The track comes with 8 layouts, all with their respective AI lines (fast/pit). So it may be missing the 'timers' as suggested, which would therefore be a modelling approach solution... hmmm

Also noticed AI cars zig-zag a bit around the start-finish points, and recall reading your test-approach to solve something alike... It had something to do with moving these points on track, recording the AI line, and returning the start-finish points back to their original place...

Here are a few "betas" that could use some contributions if anyone wants to help

Compton Streets: Freeroam v0.91
Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_rmi_compton2_22-3-121-12-28-13.jpg Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_rmi_compton2_22-3-121-12-26-42.jpg Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_rmi_compton2_22-3-121-12-25-49.jpg
From the mobile game: California Straight 2 Compton
- 1 grid/pit
needs:
- AI/cams, lights, misc
:: download ::

Coast Guard Beach: Freeroam v0.70
Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_rmi_coastguardparking_21-3-121-20-1-21.jpg Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_rmi_coastguardparking_21-3-121-17-40-36.jpg Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_rmi_coastguardparking_21-3-121-17-37-30.jpg
From the mobile game: Coast Guard Beach Rescue Team
-
1pit/grid
needs:
- smoothed road / physical mesh
- better water texture and shore placement
:: download ::

enjoy

Last edited:
Last edited:
@Blackcelica

Do you still have the skin for Algarve 2020? I tried searching for it and the resource has been taken down.
When you say taken down, are you reffering to Racedepartment? Yes I do, if you look at my signature below this text here on GTPlanet there is a link to a one off download of all skins or on my profile page under information tab there is a link. Or I think the original links were page 1955 of this forum. Or here is the direct link just for Algarve skin:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4399op9pqe6x5uy/algarve.rar/file

Last edited:
Also had a quick review and confirm driven-distance is not being recorded. It may relate to a particular setting (kseditor) within the KN5, or there's something a miss from the model itself...

@RMi_wood, @damone13x, @neil shaw, @Zwiss - would any of you gents, or any other modder share some wisdom on this issue - is it an easy fix?

View attachment 999387

Whilst waiting for a response, here's a quick & dirty ext_config with rain/grass FX, some material_adjustments, and track lighting...

View attachment 999388

Rename file to <codegua0.6__extension.zip>, extract content and place in track-folder: assettocorsa\content\tracks\codegua0.6

edit: track available @ raceDept
Hm, as far I see, there are 3 intermediate timing objects and as far I know only 2 are allowed.
Max.: AC_TIME_2_L, AC_TIME_2_R but there are also AC_TIME_3_L, AC_TIME_3_R...:odd: :cool:
Maybe removing them could help?

Sorry, but I can´t still get in game. Nevertheless, I worked today on a own config too, lol.
Maybe someone could take a look if mine is worth to keep and maybe both could be combined?
Used some of my template code blocks.

Attachments

• ext_config_slider.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 25
Hm, as far I see, there are 3 intermediate timing objects and as far I know only 2 are allowed.
Max.: AC_TIME_2_L, AC_TIME_2_R but there are also AC_TIME_3_L, AC_TIME_3_R...:odd: :cool:
Maybe removing them could help?

Sorry, but I can´t still get in game. Nevertheless, I worked today on a own config too, lol.
Maybe someone could take a look if mine is worth to keep and maybe both could be combined?

Thanks for that insight re: timers - oh great - more to learn - it's all good. Will try your config after work, later this evening. Cheers 👍

Thanks for that insight re: timers - oh great - more to learn - it's all good. Will try your config after work, later this evening. Cheers 👍
Here you find more to learn, if ya like:
https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/build-your-first-track-basic-guide.12/

My config should have no working lights. I copied some code therein but as I didn´t found any lamps, that code shouldn´t work. I began a base config shortly after track release, but iirc I was never satisfied with that. As @Fanapryde asked for that track, I took a look on that old one and added that new light and rain fx code. So could be really awful or at least useable... ;)

Overall exposure balance is improved and mountains look much better desaturated. No SOL_EXPOSURE fix is needed either.
Can't test the rain config atm.
👍

Last edited:
Also had a quick review and confirm driven-distance is not being recorded. It may relate to a particular setting (kseditor) within the KN5, or there's something a miss from the model itself...

@RMi_wood, @damone13x, @neil shaw, @Zwiss - would any of you gents, or any other modder share some wisdom on this issue - is it an easy fix?

View attachment 999387

Whilst waiting for a response, here's a quick & dirty ext_config with rain/grass FX, some material_adjustments, and track lighting...

View attachment 999388

Rename file to <codegua0.6__extension.zip>, extract content and place in track-folder: assettocorsa\content\tracks\codegua0.6

edit: track available @ raceDept

Problem is the naming, folder name is Codegua and many kn5 start with the C in capitals.

must be named in lowercase ie "codegua" and "codegua_corto" etc etc

you can do it for yourself i dont think affects anything.

JH Design just released his new Formula Vector on RaceDepartment. As are his other two mods, it's very good!

Download link in the Description.

@SimRacing604
This would be a great mod for you to review on your channel. Maybe you could review all three of his mods if you haven't reviewed any of them before.

I didnt liked the tone of the glass , too dark for me. So I put this glass texture inside the skin of my choice and i started to see things better.

Or is it any way to lower the darkness of glass?

Attachments

• glass.zip
    410 bytes · Views: 36
Last edited:
Problem is the naming, folder name is Codegua and many kn5 start with the C in capitals.

I tried that too before posting, doesn't work either.

JH Design just released his new Formula Vector on RaceDepartment. As are his other two mods, it's very good!

Download link in the Description.

@SimRacing604
This would be a great mod for you to review on your channel. Maybe you could review all three of his mods if you haven't reviewed any of them before.

The Formula Vector is crazy. I saw the redline when I jumped into it the first time and though to myself "meh, it's only around 8 or 9000 RPM. Can't be that fast". Then I put my foot down and it was there to the moon in record speed. Was not expecting anywhere near that.

The car itself is actually pretty easy, it's just the ridiculous speed that makes it difficult to control.

Triple check, i dont see any problem. cheers.

ZgJ9xKT.png

i also just tried a couple of the track downloads including aa-Talladega from the MEGA folder and my Virus/Malware software did NOT detect any viruses or malware. So the aa-tracks seem to test good on my end.

take care,

The Porsche 928 has been updated.

Porsche 928 GTS (1994) v1.1

Our Racing Simulator
Fixed a few bugs, corrected a bunch of mistakes, added some more features and a little more optimization. Thank you all for your feedback.

But this update mostly Soma Ito who built no less than 22 lights refraction code in 1 day! No stress, no drama. This talented young man just got on with it and sent me the code. Very little help from me with the headlights and some tweaking here and there but truly excellent work my friend.

This coming week we'll have our physics guru JakubP have a scan over the fine details and the feedback I've had so far and see if we can make this awesome Porsche chariot ride a little bit better, pull a little bit harder and see if we can dial up the fun factor too. Look forward to this in a future update.

Full Credits and MegaNZ links in the Photo Album on the ORS Page, also available in the Announcements and Photo Albums section in the ORS Group.

V1.1 Download Link
https://mega.nz/file/v2hB2STa#xHyW2RSpeFrv5HgU6V54OtDeE9kwEgt8pWPJsgeHtwc

Original post for v1 (updated).
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2339#post-13376646

162720432_4291109550902243_594289842880120967_o.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Everyone, I just noticed something strange with the mirrors of my opponents cars. You can see in the pic they aren't showing as mirrors, the texture seems wrong, however my cars mirrors are fine. i just noticed this, was there something changed in CM to cause this or did I mess this up somehow?
I get similar effects with GT4 mod, but not all cars, other series I've tried so far seem to be ok.

View attachment 955333
WRONG MIRROR TEXTURES IN GAME FIX:
This is an issue where the mod has the wrong texture mapped to the mirror surface object.
To fix the issue you need to map "MIRROR.dds" and NOT MIRROR_PLACEMENT.png to the mirror surface object.

Many quick and dirty mods have this wrong.
I do only use the MIRROR_PLACEMENT.png early in a car build to be able to quickly 1) see that all mirror objects are properly mapped and functional and 2) that the mirror objects are "the right way around and 3) the aspect ratio of the mirror mapping is correct so that there are no major issues later where people have to adjust mirror aspect ratio with CSP rear mirrors.
If you see a mod car showing the blue and red MIRROR_PLACEMENT.png texture in game it has its mirror textures mapped wrong.

Fix:
- export kn5 to fbx
- import fbx to kseditor (make sure to have the correct persistent file to not have to do over materials and shaders in kseditor)
- assign mirror.dds to the mirror materials
- export to kn5
- repeat with LODs if needed

If the issue is deeper (sometimes the mod maker has objects, materials or even mirror surface mapping wrong):
insert as step 2:
- import fbx to 3D editor (such as blender, ...)
- verify mirror objects are properly separated (you need separate mirror objects to assign in data file)
- verify that mirror material is unique only to mirror surface objects
- verify that mirror surface objects are UV mapped properly and aspect ratio is correct (here is where MIRROR_PLACEMENT.png comes top use)
- export to fbx
- continue with kseditor (assign materials + textures to all changed objects)

I HIGHLY recommend that everyone who is into AC mods learns those simple modding procedures - you will live a much happier life as you will be able to fix broken mods yourself.
It is a bit like the oil change yourself in your drive way kind of procedure of racing sim modding - everyone should know how to do it.

I'm not really sure what to think about this whole effort from the community to destroy Sim Dreams.

I mean sure, they are losers and destroying them would be a service to the internet, but at what cost?

If humans from YouTube's end don't get involved in SR604's predicament, he's just lost a source of income (a job) and hours of excellent content.

But beyond that, how does it make the modding community look? We have many people here on GTP that put a lot of care into freely distributed rips and that style of modding accounts for probably 95% of all the content we have. Take that away and you're only left with a morsel of scratch-built resources. I admit there's really good scratch-made cars and tracks out there, but they're very difficult to make and as such there isn't much content available in that style.

Incidents like these are gonna give people higher up in the game development world a real big reason to take a hard look at modding as a whole and go "yeah, I don't want that". Then if we go even higher, car companies might become more protective of their branding and start taking heavier legal action against modders like Nintendo or other video game devs do to fan projects. (Not to mention potential legal action from the model makers like the folks at IRacing, Forza etc.)

Well, the lid on the can of worms has been well pryed off at this point, but the question is would it have been more economical to simply leave it on? Would it have been better to simply not have a victory at all instead of a pyrrhic one? While it hasn't 100% happened yet, this could very well have multiple people lose their YouTube channels, aggravate copyright holders, cause game devs to avoid modding support and kill off the community going forwards IMO. While attacking Sim Dreams we might have put the nails in our own coffins as well.

Assetto Corsa very well may be the final haven for PC modding as we know it.

CROOKS RUINING OUR FUN FIX:
The issue with SimDream is not that the modding community should be quiet and "not wake up sleeping dogs" but that SimDream and their rotten ilk is MONETIZING what wasn't theirs to begin with and bringing the ENTIRE modding community into a bad light (I have had conversations with many people who were completely turned off by mods as a whole (including amazing free and paid mods by some of the best) because of the sour taste they had either due to gotten scammed themselves or having heard about someone having had issues.
The number of people I talked with who outright told me that they would never ever again touch a paid mod, no matter the provenance after experience with one of the scam artists is sadly high.

Nasty entities such as SimDream, RTM and alike no matter their pretend efforts to "clean up" have lastingly damaged sim racing with their shady practices and they belong ... ENDED.
This must be discussed and NOT put under the carpet.

I have a mod - more specifically a Lancia Delta Integrale Evo by Wolf24h - that just doesn't have that dark shadow underneath, which makes it very weird. See the video. Is there any way to fix this?

AMBIENT SHADOWS MISSING / BROKEN FIX:
The "dumb" ambient shadows are defined on a car model by two items:

1) body_shadow.png within car root folder (make sure it is reasonable for your car - compare with another reference car that should have a similar shadow)

2) ambient_shadows.ini within data.acd (the definition within the file are pretty self explanatory and simple - easiest way to set this up is by opening the car in CM custom showroom, switch off live shadow rendering so that the dumb contact shadows are used instead and then modifying the file and saving it for a quick feedback)
You can switch shadow rendering in CM Custom Showroom by hitting "CTRL + S"

You may have to unpack a packed data.acd (make sure to backup and delete the data.acd file so that CM does read the data from the unpacked data folder instead of the packed acd file.

Last edited:
The "dumb" ambient shadows are defined on a car model by two items:

1) body_shadow.png within car root folder (make sure it is reasonable for your car - compare with another reference car that should have a similar shadow)

2) ambient_shadows.ini within data.acd (the definition within the file are pretty self explanatory and simple - easiest way to set this up is by opening the car in CM custom showroom, switch off live shadow rendering so that the dumb contact shadows are used instead and then modifying the file and saving it for a quick feedback)
You may have to unpack a packed data.acd (make sure to backup and delete the data.acd file so that CM does read the data from the unpacked data folder instead of the packed acd file.

Where do I disable live shadow rendering? Thanks.

Last edited:

Thanks for that info... Have already de-capitalised all uppercase characters, and have also successfully copied/renamed the track folder to 'codegua_06' together with relevant KN5 and Model files - so now have two alike tracks - and no distance-travel is recorded on either...

@RMi_wood and @slider666 both suggested the 'timer/s' (which I need to understand the modelling side quite a bit more) could be the culprits...

No a major concern on this, it just ruins the uniformity we've all come to know and enjoy in relation to CMs' driving stats. Will mention it to the Author on RD for future updates.

Appreciate your support and time on this, thanks.

have any smarty-pants types figured out how to bring car and tracks from wreckfest yet? SOme of them are AWESOME! Asking for a friend....

Last edited:
I also recieved this car per mail now...But im missing the Skins as shown in your screenshot..
Where can we get them?
I also recieved this car per mail now...But im missing the Skins as shown in your screenshot..
Where can we get them?
yes on RD : https://www.racedepartment.com/down...b8zLd-TLe8sShQoWCTr2Wz1LlHkTolCf3O6Te1bKcWd0k
and on this forum here : post by Mr DK https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...LitY06Nsm_8257GxvfrD4DJt_04N5TQ#post-13274434

I didnt liked the tone of the glass , too dark for me. So I put this glass texture inside the skin of my choice and i started to see things better.

Or is it any way to lower the darkness of glass?

I think if you adjust ksambient or ksdiffuse in CM showroom, you can lower the darkness of the glass.

New day, new problem (that's been happening since last month but I finally decided to resolve it) - I'm on CSP 0.1.68, the 'stable' release, but when I try to race at night the bonnet cam, cockpit cam 1 and 2 are... Black. Yep, there's nothing but a black screen.
What even is going on now ?

Day 3 of asking

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back