Hitchin*

ceSniper tracks w/permission
Mount Stenth
Shakedown
Town of Aretua
Town of Batisburg

* not on list

Vara & Vayline could also be on my list

There are a few listed that are converted, Essington for sure, mby Vanport (Portland). Several are supplanted by newer versions mesh of the same.
Thanks for the list.

You're working on the Cannonball Baker Sea-to-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash (of which I am the co-founder)? All 2,850 miles of it? That's like 60 Targa Florios in a row. Or are you talking about Brock Yates' other 'adventure' competition, the 9,000-mile One Lap of America? Ambitious much?

You're working on the Cannonball Baker Sea-to-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash (of which I am the co-founder)? All 2,850 miles of it? That's like 60 Targa Florios in a row. Or are you talking about Brock Yates' other 'adventure' competition, the 9,000-mile One Lap of America? Ambitious much?
Are you Brock or Steve?

But even with the track a bit darker the grass is too bright (at least on my system).
I have not tried tinkering with the values because I have no clue what I am doing, but could that be made a bit darker/greener so it looks like grass ?
View attachment 1003706

It's going to be a tough one to get right. Albacete is about 90% dried dirt / sand and about 10% lush, green grass.
It might be easier to just go to the real world track itself with a lawnmower and correct that!

@Fanapryde the grass colour is set by the texture itself, so basically, we need a new ground (green) grass texture in order to have more green grass, nothing that can be done quickly, at least i don't know a solution to fix the grass colour via ext_config

It’s most probably impossible, but my point was that the grass that has been added to the track looks nothing like grass and is a bit sore on the eye.
But no prob, I will remove the grassFX and see how that looks.

Albacete Track Update

Hoping everyone is doing well, and at least enjoying the downtime on this sim... Couldn't resist the challenge to brighten the grass just a tat (atm, it's a bit like driving at high-noon without a sparky's welding mask, lol), to complement this lively-feelgood track...

albacete_sample_01.png

albacete_sample_02.png

albacete_sample_03.png

Note: the grass-skin will ONLY work independently (not together with other billboard-skins) - the reason is that both billboard-skins included contain alike-files (hence, a conflict!).

Here are two options:

a) rename/remove/delete 3x files from both billboard-skin-folders. This will then enable you to run 2x skins simultaneously (billboard + grass)

or

b) manually install grass-skin files into existing billboard-skin-folders and overwrite when prompted... This option will not require to install the grass-skin.

example: I installed the grass-skin & renamed these files in order to keep them...
albacete_sample_04.png

Update features:
* additional track & grandstand lighting for evening racing
* reduced brightness to some lights & shaders (original config-copy included)
* 'oasis' grass-skin
* 3x additional replay cameras (different angles & FOVs to existing)

Other than that - enjoy the 2x lap video and the update...

A big thanks to @ZombieBoy1978, @CrisT86 & @slider666 for their contributions.

MEGA-update-download

Last edited:
Are you Brock or Steve?

I'm Steve. Brock and I were Editors-in-Chief of CAR and DRIVER in the Sixties, he first, then me. Later I lived just up the road from him in Western New York, where we cooked up other nutball schemes (like his "Torque and Recoil" weekends, where we drove powerful cars and discharged powerful weapons). Brock passed away in 2016 at 82. I still miss him every day.

Last edited:
I'm Steve. Brock and I were Editors-in-Chief of CAR and DRIVER in the Sixties, he first, then me. Later I lived just up the road from him in Western New York, where we cooked up other nutball schemes (like his "Torque and Recoil" weekends, where we drive powerful cars and discharged powerful weapons). Brock passed away in 2016 at 82. I still miss him every day.
Well I am deeply envious of both of you and sorry for your loss! Driving that Daytona with Dan Gurney as Brock did must have been a complete blast!

I'm Steve. Brock and I were Editors-in-Chief of CAR and DRIVER in the Sixties, he first, then me. Later I lived just up the road from him in Western New York, where we cooked up other nutball schemes (like his "Torque and Recoil" weekends, where we drove powerful cars and discharged powerful weapons). Brock passed away in 2016 at 82. I still miss him every day.
That's a pretty damn awesome CV..!

Well I am deeply envious of both of you and sorry for your loss! Driving that Daytona with Dan Gurney as Brock did must have been a complete blast!

Brock & I drove the first Cannonball (with his son, Brock, Jr. and friend Jim Williams) in 1971 in an ill-prepared Dodge van. The last thing we did before the run was to add a huge wing to the back, which we reckoned would at least make us look faster. That it did, but it also cut our top speed by 20 mph and increased our fuel consumption by 20%. Despite that we still broke the coast-to-coast speed record which had stood for 38 years.

Last edited:
Brock & I drove the first Cannonball (with his son, Brock, Jr. and friend Jim Williams) in 1971 in an ill-prepared Dodge van. The last thing we did before the run was to add a huge wing to the back, which we reckoned would at least make us look faster. That it did, but it also cut our top speed by 20 mph and increased our fuel consumption by 20%. Despite that we still broke the coast-to-coast speed record which had stood for 38 years.

I really hope we can recreate the entire 100% scale of the Cannonball run inside a simulator in the near future.

Well.. ahem. Not so ambitious as your adventure, nor legacy!

https://esport-racing.de/cannonball-run-usa/

its quite plain, not so ambitious... but I thought could be a welcomed addition to AC.

"Well done" doesn't always mean realistic.
I've spent the last year modifying the data folder of around 300 street mods using real specs from automobile catalog, AC torque helper and fastestlaps.com as reference and unfortunately I can tell you most mods have some data that needs to be fixed if you're looking not only for a car that feels nice but also for real simulation, which is the point of AC.
Some of the most common mistakes I see modders make are using crank torque instead of wheel torque (or a completely made up torque curve), not taking in consideration the driver when calculating car weight or use totally unrealistic tire sizes/compounds. Those things alone will make the car unrealistically faster, even if it feels nice or well done.
So I personally delete all mods with encrypted data folder, in spite of how pretty the model is

That's so true.
Same on my side. I have no fun with mods, that are unrealistic (wrong torque curve, sportscars with aero downforce like F1 etc.).
If I can not correct them because of encryption, I throw them directly to the wastebin. No matter how good they are on the graphical side.
:mischievous:

CIRCUITO DE ALBACETE

Version 1.3 aka the 'once more, with feeling' update.

UPDATES: Brand new physical track mesh by @Zwiss

Please note, this does not include the update by Racealot above, as I only noticed that post when I was already in the process of uploading this file.

This is definitely, 100%, no takesies-backsies, THE FINAL UPDATE!

Big thanks to @Fanapryde @slider666 @CrisT86 @Zwiss and to everyone who has provided kind words and feedback about this track :)

Download link below. Enjoy :)

preview.png

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7m758ynw2fw9h9j/albacete.rar/file

CIRCUITO DE ALBACETE

Please note, this does not include the update by Racealot above, as I only noticed that post when I was already in the process of uploading this file.

Big thanks to @Fanapryde @slider666 @CrisT86 @Zwiss and to everyone who has provided kind words and feedback about this track :)

View attachment 1004752

Realy curious about the new physical mesh. Road mesh of the old version was like flat like a stamp.

Albacete Track Update

Hoping everyone is doing well, and at least enjoying the downtime on this sim... Couldn't resist the challenge to brighten the grass just a tat (atm, it's a bit like driving at high-noon without a sparky's welding mask, lol), to complement this lively-feelgood track...

View attachment 1004729
View attachment 1004731

View attachment 1004732

Note: the grass-skin will ONLY work independently (not together with other billboard-skins) - the reason is that both billboard-skins included contain alike-files (hence, a conflict!).

Here are two options:

a) rename/remove/delete 3x files from both billboard-skin-folders. This will then enable you to run 2x skins simultaneously (billboard + grass)

or

b) manually install grass-skin files into existing billboard-skin-folders and overwrite when prompted... This option will not require to install the grass-skin.

example: I installed the grass-skin & renamed these files in order to keep them...
View attachment 1004736

Update features:
* additional track & grandstand lighting for evening racing
* reduced brightness to some lights & shaders (original config-copy included)
* 'oasis' grass-skin
* 3x additional replay camera (different angles & FOVs to existing)

Other than that - enjoy the 2x lap video and the update...

A big thanks to @ZombieBoy1978, @CrisT86 & @slider666 for their contributions.

MEGA-update-download

Great work. Many thanks. Now we have choice. Love this track.

CIRCUITO DE ALBACETE

View attachment 1004752

I prefer your version of Albacete. I like the grass style.👍

Probably the greatest book ever written. I’m delighted you enjoy Assetto Corsa. I bought Grand Prix Legends in 1998 and was enthralled with it for 10 years. I still hold the World Record in the Eagle at the Pants Ring! This book was and is the best guide to sim racing I’ve ever read.

6AF4F169-9972-4D67-BE43-7C7368DF19A5.jpeg

EDIT: available here as a download. It’s the 10th anniversary “Shift-R” edition, which is quite an amusing name - when you stuff a GPL car into the haybales Shift-R is the reset to track key combo. I lost a league championship one year by accidentally and unnecessarily using Shift-R which was forbidden.
https://www.autosimsport.net/media/downloads/GPLmanualREDUX-2.pdf

Last edited:
RSS ? VRC ? Hell URD ? All free innit ? Nah. And yet these are the best mods around.

In Guerilla's case it's 'only' 3$ for scratch-made (I guess?) cars, unlike some others that ask the same (or even 15$!) amount for rFactor rips...

You can always find examples that are still worse.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back