Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,822 comments
One born every minute, apparently.
Does their Patreon give a monthly total?

No, they found the setting to hide it... I did notice that Hum3D (where these two are from) removed all their Ferrari content, so TBH I'm glad someone at least has the models... no doubt they'll be a million polys with no AO or animations and copied physics at the moment though.

Last edited:
The promoters of the Miami F1 GP just posted lap around upcoming circuit. Track made by Apex Circuit Designs, I wonder whether it will be uploaded for public someday
Apex are Hermann Tilke's partners, aren't they (at least on some F1 projects, I think). Didn't know he was involved in Miami. Maybe he's not.
I wonder if Apex actually coded this AC version, or just commissioned it?

Last edited:
Apex are Hermann Tilke's partners, aren't they (at least on some F1 projects, I think). Didn't know he was involved in Miami. Maybe he's not.
I wonder if Apex actually coded this AC version, or just commissioned it?
LilSki said that he helped with the Jeddah track (the video that F1 posted of the onboard) so I would not be shocked if LilSki had a hand in this.

EDIT: he said he didn’t.

Last edited:
If anyone has not seen this, grab it now.

BMW M4 CS

upload_2021-4-22_23-0-3.png

https://sharemods.com/qc9t8ldozjvg/BMW_M4_CS_2017_by_Cony_v0.99___40_CSP__41__for_AC_v1.16.4.7z.html

There was a decent mod that got removed by the racedepartment police earlier. Toyota P1 Evo, its some kind of mod on top of the kunos TS040 but lighter and with loads of power so its more like an F1 car with big top speeds, Porsche 919 evo style. Some of these kind of things (Red Bull X2010 springs to mind) are awful, but I just tried it and its a lot of fun - topped 420kph at 67 le mans. Seems to brake too fast but other than that feels like a really fast LMP car

I agree, but I have the problem that it has no sound in game (I fixed the soundbank problem with CM)..

I case anyone missed it (available until I need space) ;)
https://mega.nz/file/TXQnFCRB#ltNyDU5arZt2hkHT0uXhbSBx5PsicPJLoYSVZxPcMfA

__custom_showroom_1619130184.png

Need Help!!

Im working on collecting and applying skins for Blancpain Endurance Series 2013, i have V12 vantage Beechdeam AMR #99 and PGF-Kinfaun AMR #98 and i have no idea which vantage they are for. i have 8 or more different vantage gt3 mods and the skins dont work on any of them???

Need Help!!

Im working on collecting and applying skins for Blancpain Endurance Series 2013, i have V12 vantage Beechdeam AMR #99 and PGF-Kinfaun AMR #98 and i have no idea which vantage they are for. i have 8 or more different vantage gt3 mods and the skins dont work on any of them???
I have a (2019) Beechdean AMR #99 (Marko Sörensen) skin for the AM Vantage AMR GT3 (author unknown, posted on Assettoland).
For the AM Vantage GTE (URD) I also have that skin (drivers Andrew Howard and Valentin Hasse-Clot).
I don't have a PGF Kinfaum skin though.

To anyone having the flickering/disappearing textures at Okutama, please redownload and do a fresh installation from the same link. There's no need to downgrade your CSP version and no need to disable 'advanced culling'.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u7mt24yzqlrd0uh/acu_okutama-circuit.RebootTeam2.2.7z/file

(note: this is still labelled as v2.2.1)

If you didn't have the issue then there's no need at the moment to update, as this will remove the RainFX occlusion boxes that seemed to be the root of the problem.

All good now Masscot. Thank you very much. :cheers:

I would really love to port PGR stuff but ninja ripper gives me only some random files which are in a weird format both for the cars and the tracks i don't see any of them being ported any time soon unless someone figures it out.
I really do get a feeling of familiarity with project gotham racing while driving Napoli...

Need Help!!

That is a gue version (Guerilla Mods). I can't recall where I found that car but the folder is named gue_aston_martin_vantage_gt3.
I am sure if you do some google searching you should find it.

Hello my friend how do I do this in CM?! Thanks.

The car types are organized in the file Types.json in your directory C:\Users\.....\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Data (User)\Car Categories

The file should look like this in an editor:

/* Icons are in WPF format, you can get icons here: http://modernuiicons.com/. Or just draw them using
Microsoft Expression Design 4. As an alternative, you can simply use PNG-icons, just place them next
to JSON-file and put their names here. */
[
{
"name": "Classic",
"filter": "tag:#vintage | tag:vintage | year<1980",
"icon":...........

New car types can simply added by making a new group and link a suitable icon. Finding a good icon can be real challenge. The icon must be copied in the same directory. My new SUV-type-filter looks like this:

{
"name": "SUV",
"filter": "tag:#suv | tag:suv ",
"icon": "suv.png",
},

I hope, this will help you.

Just tried this car out and it handles very very well

I'm looking forward to watching how this develops.

But in the meantime, I see Renn & Stimpy... Ooops. I mean Itchy & Scratchy... Doh! I actually mean that fun couple 'Rusty and Arch'... well, they've already given their verdict in the linked Discord for the project. In other words, they've gone as toxic as usual, leading to Rusty already being banned from the channel and Arch trying to mop up the accompanying vomit.

Anyway, just to make the day of any car modders who haven't passed the 'Rusty & Arch Modders Authorisation Test', you may as well just give up modding now because...

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 5.15.02 pm.jpg

There you go folks. I guess you should all just call it a day then. There are only two people on the whole planet who actually know what they're doing with AC modding apparently. :banghead:

But in the meantime, I see Renn & Stimpy... Ooops. I mean Itchy & Scratchy... Doh! I actually mean that fun couple 'Rusty and Arch'... well, they've already given their verdict in the linked Discord for the project. In other words, they've gone as toxic as usual, leading to Rusty already being banned from the channel and Arch trying to mop up the accompanying vomit.

Anyway, just to make the day of any car modders who haven't passed the 'Rusty & Arch Modders Authorisation Test', you may as well just give up modding now because...

View attachment 1006240

There you go folks. I guess you should all just call it a day then. There are only two people on the whole planet who actually know what they're doing with AC modding apparently. :banghead:

I believe the copyrighted term now is kRusty the Clown & Co.

Last edited:
I may not agree with their methods, but that mod is really really bad in every aspect and I don't see all the great things people are seeing about it. I still think you should learn at least the basics of Modding before releasing something or critics (even hard ones) will come.

And how are modders meant to learn if they're just cut off at the knees by the 'Toxic Brigade' before they even get a proper chance to develop their mods and/or their skills?

I'm sorry, but I'm really over the vile attitude these guys keep pouring out on every single thing that isn't theirs , or from some other member of their cabal – not to mention the totally unjustified authoritarian traits they consistently exhibit. They're just so full of :drool: and yet they somehow have styled themselves as the gatekeepers of the AC modding world. Uuuurgh.

Last edited:

View attachment 1006240

I haven't heard anything about this Itchy & Scratchy guys :D what mods made by them?
Edit: Just read Rusty's comments on discord. He seems knowledgeable but lacking in good attitude. He/she came across to me as a lonely guy who craves for attention and human connection :)

Last edited:
And how are modders meant to learn if they're just cut off at the knees by the 'Toxic Brigade' before they even get a proper chance to develop their mods and/or their skills?

I'm sorry, but I'm really over the vile attitude these guys keep pouring out on every single thing that isn't theirs , or from some other member of their cabal – not to mention the totally unjustified authoritarian traits they consistently exhibit. They're just so full of :drool: and yet they somehow have styled themselves as the gatekeepers of the AC modding world. Uuuurgh.

You're not 'trying to learn' if your website has a launch date for your mod that ignores half of the basic modding instructions. Mods like this one just shouldn't be released. I don't think that arch and rusty are the kings of AC modding but they're not wrong when they say that the mod is not good.

Last edited:
You're not 'trying to learn' if your website has a launch date for your mod that ignores half of the basic modding instructions. Mods like this one just shouldn't be released. I don't think that arch and rusty are the kings of AC modding but they're not wrong when they say that the mod is not good.

Well, if you don't like it or think it's rubbish, then just move on... but you have no right to tell anyone that their mod "just shouldn't be released."

View attachment 1006240

I haven't driven the PNN car yet, but I've driven some of Arch's physics updates for Kunos JDM cars, and they aren't that great either. Every car has too much body roll like a 60s muscle car :lol: I take his word that his cars are numerically accurate physics wise, but sometimes, just porting numbers straight from reality won't yield a good driving car because Kunos physics isn't 1:1 with reality either. Reading the blurb on their website, the PNN team seems to account for the lack of g-forces and other sensations in a sim, so they tried to make the car more forgiving on the limit. If you have Arch's mindset of taking real life numbers as gospel, then I can see why he would label it as junk. Which is ironic anyway, because it's a fictional car and it can drive however the creators want :lol:

Anyway, anecdote from me. I used to own a 1st gen Honda Jazz/Fit. Bought it new and had it for several years, but had to sell it because the CVT transmission started developing problems. I bought another Fit, this time second hand. Exact same model and specs but the steering feel and feedback is completely different from my first car. It's not like the previous owner had modified it or abused it, he said that's how it came from the factory. So if 2 cars in real life that are supposed to be identical can have such different handling, how can anyone be arrogant enough to make a sim car and say definitively, THIS if how a car is supposed to handle and everyone else is wrong? Even more so if you take into account people have different driving experiences, different rig/wheel setups, different FFB, etc.

It's even more laughable with race cars, because in F1 for example you hear drivers regularly saying the car is perfect one morning and undrivable in the afternoon, all because of different track temperatures, humidity, wind speed/direction, etc.

If I drive a car and it doesn't suit my "expectation" of what it should be like, I just quietly delete it or post a constructive feedback for the author (and always prefacing with "I haven't driven this car IRL either, but this is how I expect it should handle...). I wouldn't just say it's rubbish or don't make mods because 1) I can't make my own mods to save my life and 2) It's highly unlikely I have ever driven the car in question on the limit on a racetrack.

Last edited:
I would like to show some progress over pretty good A3DR mod "a3dr honda s800 rsc"

I've done some reworking at lights levels. I've added new meshes and modified existent ones. I've modded and adapted lights.ini in data folder and created from scratch ext_config.ini to activate refraction lights. Now mod has Front lights highbeam and lowbeam plus idle/position lights working, front turn lights working (refraction lights), rear tail lights and reverse lights plus turn lights working (everything in refraction lights). Normal Map for transparent glass have been created by hand.

Congrats for the fantastic efforts of advanced leanings there @flyingsaucer... These latest effects to the car lights seem detailed in great quality, and so realistic looking ingame...

Just based on the aesthetics alone - these are great updates 'as shown' 👍

lights_rework.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back