Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,770 comments
Main guy (JPG18) of IER works for LMP2 racing team now as simulation engineer. They are running dir system with ac and csp physics that he coded from ground up...drivers in that LMP2 team use ac/csp to train.

Imo you won't be seeing anything public from IER any time soon maybe ever. (458 GT3 is cancelled)

IER P13C is the most realistic car ever released for any racing game period but that's as far it will go sadly.

I messaged them a few months ago about some stuff and they responded that they were not working on anything for the public at that time which seems to go with the information you are saying. Sad for the general population but I am sure it is good for them. Still enjoy the p13c.

Crap...
I installed latest Nvidia Drivers and the Microsoft Visual C++ thingie to get Motogp21 to run.
Now my Assetto Corsa runs at freaking 12 fps or something.

Last edited:
"Although apparently spitting the dummy because they weren't originally on the WEC event poster"

And the funniest part ? They're listed as a full WEC entry and they won't race at Spa and after Le Mans. I know the WEC is in a delicate position due to the limited LMH ready but if I were the FIA / ACO I'd just revoke Glick's entry and tell them to **** off. That team is an absolute joke - always was anyway. All bark and no bite ever since the beginning.

Rant off.

Yea its kind of sad. The issue to solve this would be to have a season entry fee. If your not prepared to show up to every race, for the whole season then you dont get entry, even to Le Mans. Might be kind of radical and out there but might be the way to solve it. Plus ACO/FIA could allow a "token" system similar to what F1 has where the manufacturers of the HC's can bring in updates to their cars to evolve them, as thats what glickenhaus is complaining about. They want too keep testing & updating the car to make it competitive as possible. Your not going to get this without racing against your competitors on track, which is where the token system would be handy in keeping the top HC's close on track.
Is it any australian league for constant online racing/championships? :gtpflag:
Want to participate. A bit tyred of RRRE due to lack of content

Ill pm you with some options :)

Need some help with this one. Error is only on Ferrari FXX_K. Paulo sent me copy of original car folder. So I removed and installed the FXX_K that he sent. Still getting the same error. Restarted system, restarted game etc... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, it's a legit steam version of the game.
Yes, I own the DLC.
FXXK.PNG

Last edited:
Need some help with this one. Error is only on Ferrari FXX_K. Paulo sent me copy of original car folder. So I removed and installed the FXX_K that he sent. Still getting the same error. Restarted system, restarted game etc... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, I own the DLC.
View attachment 1006438

After testing, I confirm that on my side is working fine.
Wonder why it is not working for you.

Sorry to hear.

Did you try to press the 'Analyze' tab?

Last edited:

Yes, I own the DLC.
View attachment 1006438

At that point you might need to do the good old verify/repair game files via steam if you own everything and replacement folders people sending you aren't working.

Content manager and CSP are real fun. Just the other day my Ferrari 458 S3 sound and every car in my library that borrows it or uses it too just decided to go mute for no reason. Luckily I replaced all of the sounds with the base 458 but it made no sense.

Last edited:
I messaged them a few months ago about some stuff and they responded that they were not working on anything for the public at that time which seems to go with the information you are saying. Sad for the general population but I am sure it is good for them. Still enjoy the p13c.

At end of day just shows how incredible AC and how many doors it opened for so many talented content creators / programmers.

JPG took AC improved it to another level by coding CSP physics extension and now AC/CSP is used by professional racing team to train, speaks volumes how good platform this is.

I notice here often so many up coming physics modders get butthurt about arch. Meanwhile arch offers free stuff for community and he isn't pulling things out of air by feel if he needs clarification on something he asks JPG.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/physics-pipeline-tools.41462/

There is very few people not including JPG that know how to take advantage of csp physics and do proper mods.

arch / aphidgod / stereo / baker

At that point you might need to do the good old verify/repair game files via steam if you own everything and replacement folders people sending you aren't working.

Content manager and CSP are real fun. Just the other day my Ferrari 458 S3 sound and every car in my library that borrows it or uses it too just decided to go mute for no reason. Luckily I replaced all of the sounds with the base 458 but it made no sense.

Will doing this result in any issues with my mod cars? Or should they all be fine?

Like a lot of these types of things it might not be an issue with the track, or with the car, but with individual user settings. CSP, Sol, optimisations... any of the hundreds of other variables that CM offers. It can make troubleshooting a bit of a nightmare.
It wasn't picked up by the team because I don't think any of us experienced it. Road markings take shadows just fine, for me at least.
You can try those kn5s (back up first of course) and if they fix things for you then great - I'm not sure what changes have been implemented to those files since then, so they might or might not work. Nothing to be lost by trying though.

View attachment 1006371
The problem I was seeing this morning wasn't with all the road markings, it was on the hatchings and some, not all, central line (white n yellow) markings.

Anyway, I overwrote the 8 and 9 kn5 files with those of @alexlockout's and that's fixed it :) for me. I wonder why I was getting this problem.

This track is supreme.

Thank you.

any good? ive been looking at buying at release but didnt have the $$$. Normally dont like buying games on release as they are generally buggy

Well this one is a buggy mess (par for the course with Milestone ahha). I'd wait a bit and buy MGP20 instead (which is very, very good)

any good? ive been looking at buying at release but didnt have the $$$. Normally dont like buying games on release as they are generally buggy
Definitely the best so far, graphics are super sharp. Tracks look gorgeous. I've had to turn the difficulty down a bit as it is a bit less forgiving. I'm a fan of the series so I might be a bit biased. If you have 19 or 20 then it's probably best to wait till price drops a bit.

How can we reduce the engine noise of a mod?

making other modes' sounds inaudible
Open the car's folder, go into the 'extension' folder (or create one). Inside that folder, either open 'ext_config.ini' or create it.
Inside that file add:
[AUDIO_VOLUME]
ENGINE_EXT = 1.0
ENGINE_INT = 1.0
TURBO = 1.0

1.0 is the default, so 0.5 for example would be 50% volume.

G63 2019
CREDITS
CONVERT: CORYCH WORKSHOP
CLUSTER: BUJA
OTHER THINGS LIKE HANDELING, GEARS, ARE DONE BY THOMAS(ME)
thx to gessy for testing and helping to get the handeling almost like real life
EDITING THIS CAR IS NOT ALLOWED AT ALL!!! THX
car link:https://mega.nz/file/B4gHBKyb...
also make some nice photos and put them in coments and promote this mod and the guys who helped me on this one

177362821_1815272115320511_8476535178492889088_n.jpg

Mid-Ohio by Delta7Fox V1.1
shared here a while ago

I didn't follow up but is there an update or has someone made a GrassFx file for this new track ? because the grass is very flat :confused:

View attachment 1006418

Forget that version, the Reboot one is totally fine and looks nicer.

Which one is that? As far as i know, there is a Terra21 and a Zwiss reworked version. (And of course the Delta7Fox version)

Not sure there is a Reboot version? Certainly not recently but anyway here is what appears to be the little known update to @Zwiss 's rework and is the best version currently available IMO (not my work):

Mid-Ohio v2.1

re-added grass, background and skidmarks with correct groove.ini
made a skin with de-saturated grass from zwiss-version

Last edited:
Will doing this result in any issues with my mod cars? Or should they all be fine?

You will need to separate your mods from your base game temporarily while it reinstalls, so it's a bit of a process. But it might be the only way to restore functionality to your base game content in some cases. Best way to do it is to back up your mod library to an external drive or another folder every so often so you don't loose it when something goes wrong with your install.

Last edited:
Not sure there is a Reboot version? Certainly not recently but anyway here is what appears to be the little known update to @Zwiss 's rework and is the best version currently available IMO (not my work):

Mid-Ohio v2.1

i was using the 2.0 version of the zwiss made track, thx for publishing the update!

Mid-Ohio v2.1

Ya, brainfail :D

Meant the 2.0 by Zwiss

You will need to separate your mods from your base game temporarily while it reinstalls, so it's a bit of a process. But it might be the only way to restore functionality to your base game content in some cases. Best way to do it is to back up your mod library to an external drive or another folder every so often so you don't loose it when something goes wrong with your install.

I hate it when the integrity check messes with the soundbank files and reloads the kunos skins that i've deleted. But still i can't bother to make a backup :D.

Some back/rear lights reworking. Stock.

Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_actk_var_24-3-121-20-52-38.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_actk_var_24-3-121-20-52-45.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_actk_var_24-3-121-20-52-49.jpg

New version RefractionFX

Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_actk_var_24-3-121-21-7-14.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_actk_var_24-3-121-21-7-19.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_actk_var_24-3-121-21-7-24.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_actk_var_24-3-121-21-14-45.jpg

Now some little details.
I've created new Normal Map more squared. They are made by hand so you can have full transparent texture while photo have always things behind them. You can clearly see housing and bulbs behind with everything rendered in real time.

Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_actk_var_24-3-121-21-16-1.jpg

And high res plastic normal map

Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_actk_var_24-3-121-21-16-7.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_actk_var_24-3-121-21-16-35.jpg

I've calibrated them to obtain realistic visual response in different day/night/lights condition

Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_actk_var_24-3-121-21-19-31.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_honda_s800_rsc_actk_var_24-3-121-21-20-50.jpg

Only SOL and CSP nothing else.

Last edited:
G63 2019
CREDITS
CONVERT: CORYCH WORKSHOP
CLUSTER: BUJA
OTHER THINGS LIKE HANDELING, GEARS, ARE DONE BY THOMAS(ME)
thx to gessy for testing and helping to get the handeling almost like real life
EDITING THIS CAR IS NOT ALLOWED AT ALL!!! THX
car link:https://mega.nz/file/B4gHBKyb...
also make some nice photos and put them in coments and promote this mod and the guys who helped me on this one

177362821_1815272115320511_8476535178492889088_n.jpg

Do you have the complete Mega link, or the decryption key? The usual tricks (open in incognito window) aren't working.

upload_2021-4-24_14-32-34.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back