Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
Is there a quick fix/ moderately easy way to fix the problem with banners and text on windshields where the rain drops make the banners etc disappear/ transparent? Even on kunos cars. Thx

Yes.

Apparently the GRID version of Portimao is far more accurate.
I have a raw version of the GRID track in AC, but the fences etc have not been converted, so it would need quite some work.
Yep, we have discussed this before I know. I am no fan of Codemasters generally, but their Portimao track is far far more accurate.

@GzeroD revs take a long time to drop to idle in that Formula Vee update - is this accurate?
Flywheel maybe?
It's the adjustable engine braking, which I only just started using after coming across it in an RSS mod, to my knowledge the only mod to use it.
It works by leaving the throttle slightly open to reduce back pressure on the overrun.

Setup value 12/12 is fully closed so the revs should drop much like any other car, though that does depend on engine and gearbox inertia.

This particular car with the swing axle rear and the jacking it invokes, was an absolute pain to tune out snap oversteer, I've ended up with very stiff springs, heave only in the rear, and bugger all engine braking.

Is there a quick fix/ moderately easy way to fix the problem with banners and text on windshields where the rain drops make the banners etc disappear/ transparent? Even on kunos cars. Thx
I think the Kunos content will receive fixes done by the patch. (eventually)

Last edited by a moderator:
Calder Park Raceway v1.01

Welcome to Calder Park Raceway! Presenting the 2.5km "National Circuit"

The Calder Park Raceway circuit hosted many events including the V8 Supercars (formerly the Australian Touring Car Championship)
and other motor racing events held at Calder Park, near Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
The event was held 25 times between 1969 and 2001.

Screenshot_supercars_ford_rmi_calder_30-4-121-9-47-59.jpg
Screenshot_supercars_ford_rmi_calder_30-4-121-9-46-51.jpg
Screenshot_bacmono_rmi_calder_30-4-121-9-33-3.jpg

features:
  • 30 pit/grid
  • CSP GrassFx, RainFx, VAO
  • ambient night lighting
  • realistic TV cams based on real footage and track positions
  • moveable cones
  • extra track info inside "_info" folder
  • lots of fun!

credit:
- "Ryan Callan" aka "Redhawk" for the track origin
(I tried to contact via Skype, no other info known)

- RMi Calder Park conversion team
@RMi_wood - main conversion
@shi - pits/grid, new road mesh, horizon, shaders, rainfx, AI, camera
@racealot - track-lighting, AI, TV cameras, research
@Fanapryde - corner section names, loading logo
thank you team!

:: DOWNLOAD - Race Department ::
:: DOWNLOAD - mirror::
:: DOWNLOAD v1.01 ::

Last edited:
It's the adjustable engine braking, which I only just started using after coming across it in an RSS mod, to my knowledge the only mod to use it.
It works by leaving the throttle slightly open to reduce back pressure on the overrun.

Setup value 12/12 is fully closed so the revs should drop much like any other car, though that does depend on engine and gearbox inertia.

This particular car with the swing axle rear and the jacking it invokes, was an absolute pain to tune out snap oversteer, I've ended up with very stiff springs, heave only in the rear, and bugger all engine braking.

There was an after-market accessory for the VW Beetle (in the 50s-60s) called the 'Camber Compensator.' It was a transverse leaf spring with a pivot just underneath the diff. It acted like an anti-anti-rollbar. That is, it offered no resistance to body roll, but offered resistance to 'jounce' (vertical input). AFAIK, it was never used on a Formula V, but could have been (it might have been against the regs). Interesting that it eventually shows up in the virtual world. Whatever goes around....

F1 2021 UPDATE
PORTUGAL Heineken GP (ALGARVE PORTIMAO)
AS PROMISED READY FOR RACE WEEKEND
After watching the practice footage I have made quite a few changes to the sponsors to closely match real life as best as.
Also made a few edits to the colours, run offs, tarmac, removed balloon.
A second edit has added green rolex run off, dark run off instead of yellow, Heineken podium and a change from Pokerstars to Emerates on turn 8 that wasn't looking good.

New link to skin https://www.mediafire.com/file/fg5lhvr8uzuvg9s/algarve_skin_2021.rar/file

This is the track you need, it is based on the zwiss update to the AC - ReBoot, however skin is compatible with all 3 versions of track.

Link to latest track https://www.mediafire.com/file/wkbmuohjedce1tb/algarve.rar/file

NOW SOME SCREENS
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-14-13-59.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-14-15-21.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-14-15-49.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-14-16-43.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-14-17-46.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-14-19-14.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-14-19-53.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-14-20-16.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-14-20-53.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-14-21-59.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-14-23-13.jpg

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-16-23-59.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-16-25-24.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-17-39-9.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-17-46-39.jpg

IMPORTANT: I have updated the 2021 skin pack to include this and the Montreal skin, If you ever do re-download the pack in my signature remember to update all tracks as I will be tweaking and adding bits as I go along throughout the season.
PACK NOW INCLUDES:
Bahrain2020 & International Versions
Imola (Updated)
Algarve (NEW) + (UPDATED)
Jeddah21 (WIP)
Gilles-Villeneuve Montreal (BONUS TRACK)
Autodromo Lago Maggiore (BONUS TRACK)

Last edited:
F1 2021 UPDATE
PORTUGAL Heineken GP (ALGARVE PORTIMAO)
AS PROMISED READY FOR RACE WEEKEND
After watching the practice footage I have made quite a few changes to the sponsors to closely match real life as best as.
Also made a few edits to the colours, run offs, tarmac, removed balloon and blah blah.

New link to skin https://www.mediafire.com/file/fg5lhvr8uzuvg9s/algarve_skin_2021.rar/file

This is the track you need, it is based on the zwiss update to the AC - ReBoot, however skin is compatible with all 3 versions of track.

Link to latest track https://www.mediafire.com/file/wkbmuohjedce1tb/algarve.rar/file

NOW SOME SCREENS
View attachment 1007805 View attachment 1007806 View attachment 1007807 View attachment 1007808 View attachment 1007809 View attachment 1007810 View attachment 1007811 View attachment 1007812 View attachment 1007813 View attachment 1007814 View attachment 1007815 View attachment 1007816

IMPORTANT: I have updated the 2021 skin pack to include this and the Montreal skin, If you ever do re-download the pack in my signature remember to update all tracks as I will be tweaking and adding bits as I go along throughout the season.
PACK NOW INCLUDES:
Bahrain2020 & International Versions
Imola (Updated)
Algarve (NEW)
Jeddah21 (WIP)
Gilles-Villeneuve Montreal (BONUS TRACK)
Autodromo Lago Maggiore (BONUS TRACK)

As a recommendation, I would suggest not to put these Pokerstars.com banners around the track, since these are not there in real life, they are only overlays which are generated by f1tv.

Last edited:
As a recommendation, I would suggest not to put these Pokerstars.com banners around the track, since these are not there in real life, they are only overlays which are generated by f1tv.
There is a run of pokerstar banners above a run of emerate banners, they are still there now everytime camera passes over them, I'm watching P2 live. Still making notes. What would you suggest instead? Visit portugal is most logical. Can easily change.

There is a run of pokerstar banners above a run of emerate banners, they are still there now everytime camera passes over them, I'm watching P2 live. Still making notes. What would you suggest instead? Visit portugal is most logical. Can easily change.

I watched FP2 directly with F1TV.com and there weren´t these Pokerstars banners, I think this must be due to your local TV station maybe? I would recommend to have the FlyEmirates banners back; furthermore please use Zwiss´version 2.0 he posted 2 pages back, and delete the crowd.kn5 so you will have the nice grandstands without the ugly cardboard spectators. You may also edit the seats graphics then since there are some outdated Samsung ads visible. Is there a possibility to have the Heineken ad visible on the S/F line building to the left as in real life?

I watched FP2 directly with F1TV.com and there weren´t these Pokerstars banners, I think this must be due to your local TV station maybe? I would recommend to have the FlyEmirates banners back; furthermore please use Zwiss´version 2.0 he posted 2 pages back, and delete the crowd.kn5 so you will have the nice grandstands without the ugly cardboard spectators. You may also edit the seats graphics then since there are some outdated Samsung ads visible. Is there a possibility to have the Heineken ad visible on the S/F line building to the left as in real life?
Looking at that side grandstand bit but it bleeds everywhere. I am using the zwiss version in my link, I'll look at the crowd thing. The zwiss version has DRS all around the circuit, I've changed that bit to just 1 DRS, someone else will add the 2nd DRS soon. I'm watching the footage from SkySports.
I've found out how to get all the Rolex run off green...
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-16-25-24.jpg

You can't get the big P-ZERO logo on the run off as that run off is made from lots of little square textures. Can colour it dark though....
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-16-23-59.jpg

Heineken Poduim.
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-17-39-9.jpg

Pokerstars Removed as Requested..In favour of extended Emerates...
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_zw_algarve_30-4-121-17-46-39.jpg

These 4 things have now been added in. I think that's about it for now.

Last edited:
"nobody" wanted me to post this on behalf of the Reboot Team:

Bannochbrae, Scotland
(<- mediafire link)

-forward and reverse layouts, 40 grid positions
-cams, ai-lines, starting lights, one DRS zone on s/f straight, time-attack, audio effects, groove
-normal layouts meant to be used for better performance
-raceday layouts have more stuff, they have: movable cones/groove/flags/crowd/cars/vans/animals
-CM-skin for some scottish themed flags/ads instead of pCars (disabled by default)
-with CSP: grass, moving water, night lights, RainFX ready, seasons config, chimney smoke in winter
-2 animated boats on loch and a bunch of seagulls circling the track
-2 animated helicopters and some balloons (raceday layouts only)
-3 Easter eggs
-no CSP dynamic flags, no 3D-grass with vanilla AC
bgr00.jpg

Last edited:
"nobody" wanted me to post this:

Bannochbrae, Scotland
(<- mediafire link)

-cams, ai-lines, starting lights, one DRS zone on s/f straight, time-attack, audio effects, groove
-raceday layouts have more stuff, they have: movable cones/groove/flags/crowd/cars/vans/animals
-CM-skin for some scottish themed flags/ads instead of pCars (disabled by default)
-with CSP: grass, moving water, night lights, RainFX ready, seasons config, chimney smoke in winter
-3 Easter eggs
View attachment 1007827

I really hope this works well when I try it out because if it does this will probably be one of my favourites, if not my absolute favourite of all the tracks I use in AC. I really loved this track in Project CARS 1 even though the physics in that game were garbage, so I'm hoping this will allow me to experience it in a way I couldn't before.

I really hope this works well when I try it out because if it does this will probably be one of my favourites, if not my absolute favourite of all the tracks I use in AC. I really loved this track in Project CARS 1 even though the physics in that game were garbage, so I'm hoping this will allow me to experience it in a way I couldn't before.
i dont think you will be disappointed :)

Bannochbrae, Scotland
(<- mediafire link)

-3 Easter eggs
View attachment 1007827

Now I don't have to touch that dumpster fire of a game that is PC2. Thanks a lot mate (and the team)

It does work well and it's amazing. Looks better than the pCars version, performance is better too. A lot of effort has gone into this track and I think it shows.

I've heard of these "grooves" on some tracks, but I've had trouble finding anything through research that made it clear what kind of an impact this has in AC. I've read things like just cosmetic, little impact, unsure, still needs testing. What is the current status on racing grooves in AC? Thanks.

Bannochbrae, Scotland
(<- mediafire link)

-3 Easter eggs
View attachment 1007827

Just gave it a few runs, dang its awesome!!!! Love it so far! Will drive a bit more tonight after work lol.

Dare I say that Simdream BT42 was pretty nice and fun?

Also - @Blackcelica the Portimao skin is great!! But I do agree on the Pokerstars comment, when over the hill on the left after turn 8, its only brief but the black banner behind the red emirates banner looks a little strange. Otherwise, looks fantastic to me!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back