Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
to each there own I guess. I used to use it a LOT, then one day I realised that outside of perhap the start line and maybe some drips from starter lights etc, the rest of the time you are going through underpasses at 200km/h+. @KevinK2 load your perfomance graph in VR and drive slowly pasts stream_edge. For me once you add ksanims, stflow objects, good textures, tracks with no LODs , cars with no LODS etc.. they just become superflous to needs.

CM car dragging, I think since last update it stopped for me. IE. In DRIVE I used to be able to load up a preset, then drag and drop a car from the field to the active selected car window, now it just turns the car description red, and a NOPE [X] comes up. Anyone know if there is a setting that needs to be ticked/unticked to re-enable this?
View attachment 1012513

Yeah I was thinking about that, it can depend a lot on your computer and how you are using AC. I just did a retest, to make sure I'm not talking out my ass... interesting as norms and I were just talking about this. A while back I did a nutty rain fx for Macau- I did streams for every track side building and all the complex overheads, which took me about 4 days to do. It should be a worst case scenario, as I've never seen more streams in another config, yet.

So I loaded that config just now and then made another and removed all the streams. Did one lap in an MX-5 by myself. 161 fps without, 157 fps with all the streams put back in. So yes there was a little drop, but in my application not really an issue. I guess if you are in VR it could be more critical to have max fps at all times, so I agree with what you said, and totally understand your logic. In other tests I've done on other configs I've put together for other less complex tracks, I've seen no difference at all.

Now regarding visibilty, I'm also starting to wonder how much time it takes versus the visual impact. I could definitely feel a little more immersed with all the streams at Macau, but on the other hand it seems like in the latest preview, the density of the rain drops, or perhaps the way they are rendered, has changed, and it seems to make the streams less prevalent. I noticed there's a density setting in CSP now, but reducing it had little effect.

Anyway, as you say, to each is own, so that's the nice thing about AC. Removing the streams should only take a few seconds, and you're good to go.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Yeah I was thinking about that, it can depend a lot on your computer and how you are using AC. I just did a retest, to make sure I'm not talking out my ass... interesting as norms and I were just talking about this. A while back I did a nutty rain fx for Macau- I did streams for every track side building and all the complex overheads, which took me about 4 days to do. It should be a worst case scenario, as I've never seen more streams in another config, yet.

So I loaded that config just now and then made another and removed all the streams. Did one lap in an MX-5 by myself. 161 fps without, 157 fps with all the streams put back in. So yes there was a little drop, but in my application not really an issue. I guess if you are in VR it could be more critical to have max fps at all times, so I agree with what you said, and totally understand your logic. In other tests I've done on other configs I've put together for other less complex tracks, I've seen no difference at all.

Now regarding visibilty, I'm also starting to wonder how much time it takes versus the visual impact. I could definitely feel a little more immersed with all the streams at Macau, but on the other hand it seems like in the latest preview, the density of the rain drops, or perhaps the way they are rendered, has changed, and it seems to make the streams less prevalent. I noticed there's a density setting in CSP now, but reducing it had little effect.

Anyway, as you say, to each is own, so that's the nice thing about AC. Removing the streams should only take a few seconds, and you're good to go.

Can I get the config from somewhere?

Now regarding visibilty, I'm also starting to wonder how much time it takes versus the visual impact. I could definitely feel a little more immersed with all the streams at Macau, but on the other hand it seems like in the latest preview, the density of the rain drops, or perhaps the way they rendered, has changed, and it seems to make the streams less prevalent. I noticed there's a density setting in CSP now, but reducing it had little effect.

I picked up on this back when i did a similar overkill config for the FM7 Bathurst, the tyre bridge for example, because its curved you needed 4 stream_edges on each side (the legion version has reverse layouts), I did every single bustop, sign etc etc.. I think it was like 150 lines of them. In single or triples impact to FPS was marginal, but on VR where you are stressing your card to the max, the impact was quite significant. I tend to edit in some edges or stream edges now at starting positions where you are stopped anyhow so you do notice them. I since gave up on VR as the impact of graphical quality that needs to be sacrificed to get a constant 90fps is just too high, and the bit of immersion you win, is thrown away by having to drive in a minecraft-esque version of the track.

@Blackcelica First of all: thanks for all your efforts.
Unfortunately there seems to be a bug that shows a Stop-sign on-screen as if you're driving the wrong way in the pit lane. Occurs immediately when session starts from pit.
Also, you get a penalty when driving back to the pit. Maybe something reversed?
No idea sorry. Can't replicate it. Shouldn't be anything to do with skin. Maybe switch penalty off. Trouble with mod tracks, sometimes strange things can occur.

Experiencing noticeable FPS drop in the tunnel section. Is there a way to fix it? Thanks!

(I'm using 7700HQ+1070 on my laptop, which handles lighting at 60fps for all other tracks.)
Nothing I can suggest, it is a particularly high track model regarding buildings however just a thought did you have other cars stuck at hairpin being retired shortly afterwards?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Blackcelica

Im testing with 95 f1 cars in your track and some cars stuck in the hairpin, and yes they back to the pit, then go again to the track, 1st test, i take this cars because is old conversion from rf, maybe other cars do better, and if i add different ballast and restrictor to f1 95 maybe pass well the hairpin in lap 1

to set a good race in monaco cars must have the minimal problems in lap 1

edit:

'91 cars can do all track 1st lap without any problem at 100% str 92% agr, so it's must depend on car mod, but modern F1 cars ai should make a better race here, because ai line its very good.

Last edited:
I think the easiest thing would be to make the skin for this version. In most cases it is just a case to renaming textures. Far easier to do than opening the kn5 and moving the wall haha
Hi, problem with just making the skin for the pool version is that there are lots of billboards missing to start with so it won't look as good or as near 100% perfect after my update today. The wall change to the version now would give us the definitive version with everything.

@alperen141
Yes it's supposed to be bumpy. It's not a smooth circuit by a long shot. I've walked the track, there are manhole covers and drains everywhere, you can see cars drive around them, especially down the hill heading towards the hairpin section. The actual tarmac in real life is full of patches and repairs mainly due to the sheer amount of tourists walking on it and it getting stupid hot and soft during the summers. Sister lives in Val Bonne so it's a convenient €2 bus trip to get there or €35 on the SNCF train.

I picked up on this back when i did a similar overkill config for the FM7 Bathurst, the tyre bridge for example, because its curved you needed 4 stream_edges on each side (the legion version has reverse layouts), I did every single bustop, sign etc etc.. I think it was like 150 lines of them. In single or triples impact to FPS was marginal, but on VR where you are stressing your card to the max, the impact was quite significant. I tend to edit in some edges or stream edges now at starting positions where you are stopped anyhow so you do notice them. I since gave up on VR as the impact of graphical quality that needs to be sacrificed to get a constant 90fps is just too high, and the bit of immersion you win, is thrown away by having to drive in a minecraft-esque version of the track.

Yeah those curved surfaces are murder...I will try looking at stuff again in VR, I've been away from it for a bit. BTW which headset are you using? I'm on a Rift S, haven't tried anything else yet.

@alperen141
Yes it's supposed to be bumpy. It's not a smooth circuit by a long shot. I've walked the track, there are manhole covers and drains everywhere, you can see cars drive around them, especially down the hill heading towards the hairpin section. The actual tarmac in real life is full of patches and repairs mainly due to the sheer amount of tourists walking on it and it getting stupid hot and soft during the summers. Sister lives in Val Bonne so it's a convenient €2 bus trip to get there or €35 on the SNCF train.

I started the job of extracting this track from a different game to get the correct swimming pool area drawn correctly not patched. (the entire track mesh is jsut better generally) there are several bumps in the AC one (just before T1 for example) that look like mesh joining glitches (cracked it open to have a look)..

but

I got side tracked by how much better the boats are in this version, still low poly, but, so many more of them and a lot of variation by some careful trickery of scaling and different texture groups. Might be worth just bringing the whole thing over.

upload_2021-5-23_8-26-19.png

upload_2021-5-23_8-26-48.png

upload_2021-5-23_8-27-24.png

@Blackcelica

Im testing with 95 f1 cars in your track and some cars stuck in the hairpin, and yes they back to the pit, then go again to the track, 1st test, i take this cars because is old conversion from rf, maybe other cars do better, and if i add different ballast and restrictor to f1 95 maybe pass well the hairpin in lap 1

to set a good race in monaco cars must have the minimal problems in lap 1

edit:

'91 cars can do all track 1st lap without any problem at 100% str 92% agr, so it's must depend on car mod, but modern F1 cars ai should make a better race here, because ai line its very good.

You'll probably have to alter steering lock or ratio in data.acd/car.ini file to get the cars to work. As noted in several previous posts about Monaco.

Yeah those curved surfaces are murder...I will try looking at stuff again in VR, I've been away from it for a bit. BTW which headset are you using? I'm on a Rift S, haven't tried anything else yet.
have Vive and a G2. One kid has the vive now and the other has the G2. I had high hopes for the g2 at the higher resolution, but all it actually menat was the card has to work even harder, and you have to turn down more stuff. May revisit this after the 3090 releases in a TI version. Should have enough grunt then to at least approximate similar fidelity to screen.

I have it on good authority the V2 Angry F1 is coming.. with some skins addons and physics to make is a tad less insane but more race/ai friendly.
unknown.png
Good news! in race vs ai they cant do almost 1 corner without crash hahahah

Have you test the preset? i try in yas marina, jarama, watkins glen, and take good experience, but for the best, track must be little in distance, wide, and have many pit slots

BTW i can not take 3 first positions the 917k and f40 can reach +300kmh, BTW, avus 30's can be a crazy race with this cars hahah

I`m touched man. You`ve made it. AC is complete for me now. You even included the alternate WTCR layout I was asking for. Can`t describe my gratitude.

In the morning I`ll begin the testing and PM you. So, so happy.
all good . still abit ruff here and there but happy racing:cheers:

Just had a go in it. This is a very good track! Apart from some ui and texture stuff, it is mostly done. Yes, it could be improved but still, it is an essential track to have in everybody's track list. Thanks man!
good on ya . will call it a first go at it . from here it should be better textures and stuff rather than redoing entire parts of the track.

No, not impossible. Just really hard word, like beyond beyond. Tracks export with no textures or maps and all roadside objects go to 0,0. Maybe better export tool will be created like they did for pCars1 but its currently not feasible.

What about tracks from the Burnout series? Criterion Games, the older titles like "Burnout Revenge" etc?

Looks like it was started some time back for paradise (would be great to have that open world in AC at that quality) but none of the tools are active anymore.

csp 1.75, sol 2.1, extended physics enabled, but don't seem to get a grip difference between dry and wet conditions. Already reinstalled both of them but no changes. anyone has a solution for this?
There should be a setting in CM to auto patch cars, other wise, assuming not encrypted you add two lines to the cars .ini I will try to find a link as work is slow AF today.

Watch this and lines are in description.

Last edited:
Monthlery, spa, monaco, bremgarten, avus, donington, Gezirah, lost heaven, monza

Cool. I have all those, and now I also got Tripoli!

I also have the Napoli payware track that was just recently released, Brooklands, & Opel Rennbah.

Then there is also the Sitges-Terramar track, though that was used only in the 1920s.

Last edited:
I like that they made the Hypercar class livery too, maybe when more of those are in the game that'll be useful...

Also note:

I should try the ByKolles car again, the Ginetta was definitely faster than ByKolles at least before, the Rebellion so far can match the Ginetta(using Reboot Sebring like I normally do).

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back