Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,780 comments
Before i get into my reply quotes as i probably check this thread maybe twice a week, just to keep track of things.

Does anyone have a link for Autodrom Chayka? i know it exists on AC but cant seem to find a link for it. And im after the racing circuit layouts, not the drifting rubbish modifications.

Now, onto the quotes.......

Any chance we can have a newer version of the old Sydney Olympic Park that the V8's used to race between 2009-2016.
Homebush Street Circuit - Wikipedia

There is a fairly accurate version out there that i have. Its accurate in terms of it was a rfactor convert, but i wouldnt hold your breath on getting an accurate version. It was a cool track, but was fairly "follow the leader" unless there was inclement weather (aka 2010 :D). Not sure anything would really be able to improve upon it as such considering its not currently active within the supercars calendar.

what about combining the two models? physics from acf and model from csr2. I think that's the best choice (also I dont like the numbers on the door, the lumirank style ones on the acf model)

They arent lumirank as such, more the position LEDs that Indycar used to run, and what supercars were trialling to run fulltime (hasnt happened yet due to led shortage). I like them, think they add to spectator involvement. its something that WEC should mandate fulltime for all the classes, regardless of the POS Leds they currently have. And you can run them in different colours which allows them to be configured to the relative classes appropriately :)

Just got burned again with yet another UI track map outline that isn't Kunos Default. It doesn't help that my CM in on Lite mode.View attachment 1014395
Im focusing on the one in the center [the one i highlighted]

Not trying to be rude if you genuinely cant afford it, but when you next have 1eur or something. Donate it to CM to get your unlock code. all you have too do is literally donate the smallest amount possible and you will receive a code. if you dont get it, send an email and he will provide you one. Literally the features you get are worth it.

Would anyone know if an AC version of Amaroo Park exists ?
Yes, it exists. Use the search function. Well i don't actually know Eastern Creek's other name is Amaroo but there is an updated version of Eastern Creek (Rainmaker track) posted on this forum. Excuse me if i am wrong about the information of the name.
Eastern Creek has a layout "Amaroo" , Amaroo Park was a circuit near Sydney , it is now full of houses .
@ItsBongWater

Amaroo: (second link is to save you from pop-up hell)
http://assetto-db.com/track/eastern_creek2014/amaroo
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6m9mq...aceway_2014_v3.5_a_R1cho_by_Rainmaker.7z/file

another:
https://acmods.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/rd/easterncreek.rar

note: Google search keyword = "Assetto Amaroo"

Amaroo for rF (seems pretty straight forward to convert)
issues:
1. There are no supports for advert billboards, they just float in the air (can be lowered to hide that fact)
2. Huge terrain gaps for infield would be hidden by trackwalls in cockpit view, but may reveal themselves from a high trackside cam.
3. Model needs to be split by materials because there is no "road mesh" as is.

View attachment 1014466
It's probably not obvious to anyone not from Australia, but the 'Amaroo' layout at Eastern Creek is a just a tribute (in name only) to the orginal 'Amaroo Park' circuit which was also in Sydney, but was turned into a housing estate 20+ years ago. They're not the same circuit.

EDIT: https://www.racingcircuits.info/australasia/australia/amaroo-park.html

View attachment 1014512
Amaroo would be a great addition to AC. For a short track length it has quite a large change in elevation and hence it is hard on brakes and tyres.
I remember having to pump the brake pedal just to get a pedal due to the heat expansion in the calipers.
It provided close racing and was the only place I got to see a 934 and 935 in action.

It would be good if we can get Amaroo into AC, weve got the laser scanned oran park now which is excellent. Another good suggestion is the wellington street circuit in NZ with its differing variants, plus the Hamilton Street Circuit in NZ. Someone converted it from rF1 too AMS, of which i have the files ready and available if someone wants too get it cracking?
Another suggestion, the AMS official version of the Adelaide street circuit would be a great conversion job, both the 500 & F1 layouts. Perhaps a job for @VheEth?

In light of the many updated tracks we have had in this thread recently, some iconic tracks, some not so much, still all the work and efforts very much appreciated, even if the track is fictional and/or obscure.
Ascari, , folder name ascariraceresort, is in a dire need of improvement's, here is to hoping one of the talented track enhancer present in this thread will take the time to restore it a better state.

This! would be good if we could have a version of ascari that works like a functioning race circuit. simply is such a great track to race on.

Been waiting for this for quite sometime, used to thrash this on Race07 Simbin series, and AMS. It was my go-to circuit. Hopefully youll put together all the circuit variants

Hello guys, any good and realistic Circuit de la sarthe out there ?

The 2017 one with the full & day/night variants is the best as far im concerned. Might be another job for @neil shaw to convert the laser scanned version that rF2 have, along with their sebring......

Annnnnndddd with that all caught up im done :D
:cheers::gtpflag:

Last edited:
I am almost 2500 km north of Amaroo, so no local connection at all,
I just remember as a young fella sitting with my dad watching my hero Brocky , and the other Aussie greats race on the TV , Mike Raymond commentating.
I miss the track, it reminds of the good times of my life.
Heaps of great videos here
https://www.youtube.com/c/Super100MPH/search?query=amaroo

Yeah we can all pick Dick Johnson's Greens Tuf Mustang and after 5 laps yell out that our rear tires have gone!

shi
I have converted 3 Tracks from Sports car GT.
(To be exact, convert from GTR2.)

Chatham Hills Raceway (Link updated 2)
v1.2
- 26 pit/start
View attachment 1014380
v1.1changelog;
-Re created the physical road surface
-Add noise to the physical road surface
-Added up to 26 pit / start numbers
-Adjust UI (author column)
-Re created VAO

v1.2changelog;
-Corrected the gap between the visual road surface and the physical road surface
-Fixed skybox position far away
-Adjust surface.ini
-Added ai_hint.ini

North Point (Link updated 2)
v1.2
- 26 pit/start
View attachment 1014381
v1.1changelog;
-Recreated the physical road surface
-Adjust surface.ini

v1.2changelog;
-Add noise to the physical road surface

Sardian Park (Link updated)
v1.1
- 26 pit/start
View attachment 1014382
v1.1 changelog;
-Re created the physical road surface
-Adjust surface.ini
-Fixed normals for some objects
-Added ai_hint.ini

- CSP required
- GrassFX, RainFX

Credits & Thanks;
・Original track made by ISI for Sportscar GT
・Almost completely rebuild by @Zwiss for GTR2
@shi (shin956), Tracks convert

Enjoy.
Chatham Hills Raceway v1.2 changelog;
-Corrected the gap between the visual road surface and the physical road surface
-Adjust surface.ini
-Added ai_hint.ini

Sardian Park v1.1 changelog;
-Created the physical road surface
-Adjust surface.ini
-Added ai_hint.ini
I've just tested the North Point v1.1 version with the new road mesh, driving the Russel-Alexis Formula Ford.

Road Mesh
Definitely an improvement, as it removes the "blockiness" on the hills of the previous version. However, it still has some sections that are too smooth, that don't match the "aged" appearance of the track. I suggest carefully adding some subtle varying undulations to the surface overall to give the full course some character and "road feel." I say do it carefully, because it's too easy to end up with a mesh with sharp, jutting, over-exaggerated peaks that can rattle and wrench a FF wheel out of your hands. Drive the latest version of Hockenheim ring or Horsma Raceway for examples of this.

Skybox/Surrounding Terrain
It has been mentioned to edit or replace the skyboxes. At the very least, the top edges of the 2D hills/surrounding terrain need to be edited to remove the darker outlines or other issues that affect its' appearance. They could also be enlarged and moved away from the track to reduce the 2D "wall" look and add depth and more realistic 3D perspective. If you really want to improve the look and feel of the track, 3D-modeled surrounding terrain is the best option, but that does require more work. For fantasy tracks, an "easy" solution for this would be for someone to provide surrounding 3D terrain from one of their track mods. It could be "mirrored" so it's not as recognizable in your mod.

Great work--I look forward to more updates when you have time!
Thanks for the review!
I will use it as a reference in the future.

Last edited:
Hi guys!!
New livery out! Link: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/alexander-rossi-27-napa-liveries-vrc-formula-na-2021.42947/

28BF32C9-069C-4C70-9FEC-26436E7CB758.jpeg
E7B3D680-874F-449A-832F-B790D3F1476E.jpeg

Another good suggestion is the wellington street circuit in NZ with its differing variants, plus the Hamilton Street Circuit in NZ.
Another suggestion, the AMS official version of the Adelaide street circuit would be a great conversion job, both the 500 & F1 layouts.
I would be so happy if any of these happened, especially if it was that Hamilton street circuit.

I would be so happy if any of these happened, especially if it was that Hamilton street circuit.
Well its ready and able to be converted. Ive already asked someone in this thread who is well known for their high quality conversions but not a peep from them so far regarding it.......

I'd say trying to restore game files from Steam, maybe. Probably something broke randomly or wtv

Oh god no. All that jazz for a single file ? Can't anyone, like, share it or something ?
Restoring stuff from steam means I'll have to edit all the Kunos tags / previews and skins I've deleted... Again.
Tired of stuff randomly breaking in this game.

Last edited:
shi
-Adjust surface.ini
-Added ai_hint.ini

-Adjust surface.ini
-Added ai_hint.ini

Thanks for the review!

Thanks for continuing to improve these conversions shi. :cheers:

Oh god no. All that jazz for a single file ? Can't anyone, like, share it or something ?
Restoring stuff from steam means I'll have to edit all the Kunos tags / previews and skins I've deleted... Again.
Tired of stuff randomly breaking in this game.

Just curious, can you remove it from the menu on the right hand side? Maybe removing it and reopening it might do something? If you can remove it, maybe you could download an alternative.

Last edited:
My AC truly has a life of its own. Yesterday the gears HUD was fine, sitting at the bottom right corner.
Boot the game today and to my surprise it moved to the top left corner... It's ***** huge and I can't move it.
No prompt, nothing - little pin doesn't even appear. So... What gives ? Is it possible to 'reboot' it ? Cause now it just loos so weird.

j7jPmd0.png

Go to Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg and delete the acos.ini file.

Also go to Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\state\ and delete the imgui_settings.ini file.

I miss that circuit, even though I wasn't born to see a race at Amaroo Park. It's still a shame, same with Oran Park and maybe one day Lakeside just outside of Brisbane, which I live on the Gold Coast so as they say it hits close to home.

Slightly off topic but is it just bad planning in Australia? I remember when looking up information for circuit UI changes there seemed to be an inordinate amount of tracks in Australia that had been closed, or were under threat from housing developments, seemed a real shame given that it's one of the most sparsely populated countries on the planet.

shi
-Adjust surface.ini
-Added ai_hint.ini

-Adjust surface.ini
-Added ai_hint.ini

Thanks for the review!

Thanks very much for these, I've got very fond memories of this game. I remember especially coming from GT1/2 that suddenly having a multiclass grid of something like 12 or16 cars was unbelievable after the 6 car grids from those games!

Before i get into my reply quotes as i probably check this thread maybe twice a week, just to keep track of things.

Does anyone have a link for Autodrom Chayka? i know it exists on AC but cant seem to find a link for it. And im after the racing circuit layouts, not the drifting rubbish modifications.
Here is the Chaika Autodrome. Have fun.
https://sharemods.com/awbbkskbycex/autodrom_chayka.rar.html

Slightly off topic but is it just bad planning in Australia? I remember when looking up information for circuit UI changes there seemed to be an inordinate amount of tracks in Australia that had been closed, or were under threat from housing developments, seemed a real shame given that it's one of the most sparsely populated countries on the planet.

Not quite sure, id say more that as motorsport has gotten more expensive as a whole, means the land on which a facility sits on is worth an extraordinary amount of $$$ too the housing development mob. We may be sparsely populated in terms of open land, but we also have a very high living area density, meaning that when new housing areas go up somewhere, more and more are bound too follow.

Ex. the owners of Sandown Raceway in melbourne have been looking for ages for a way too sell off the circuit, racecourse, and associating land. Nearby neighbours (as the circuit is nestled into a housing area) are getting annoyed about the noise (circuit is already limited too how many race events it can host due too noise restrictions) and the local council in the area recently thinking about re-zoning the land, which would mean the whole area of which the circuit, and racecourse sit on could disappear extremely quickly. Sadly $$$ = $$$$$$ (greed effectively). Its not all a sad state for circuit racing in australia, there are quite a few plans for new facilities around the country, most of those being world class and having high ambitions of getting attention of world motorsport categories. Quite a few of the older circuits such as Calder Park in Melbournes north are lacking in investment and patronage which could be detrimental for their future. my pov for calder is that the thunderdome has to go, although significant it may be to australia's motorsport history, its just sitting there dilapidated and useless beyond repair. I would leave part of the main straight grandstand as tribute to what once stood there, renovate it so that it can be used for spectators. Other than that, a whole new circuit extension can be built where the oval once was too modernize the circuit, and hopefully get national and state circuit racing & other categories returning.

there is already a Adelaide conversion from AMS 1

Where? Ive never seen nor heard of such a conversion existing? Do you have a link?

Thanks awfully

Some more progress shots of the Seattle Reworked, including the new harbor section. I'm torn on whether or not to remove the overpass, as it's gone IRL now, but it's such a famous part of the Gran Turismo track. I guess a descision needs to be made on if this is going to be a 'Real Seattle' or a 'Gran Turismo' circuit - thoughts?!?

Screenshot_ag_toyotagtone_ts020_seattle_circuit_2-5-121-12-5-46.jpg
Screenshot_ag_toyotagtone_ts020_seattle_circuit_2-5-121-12-6-16.jpg
Screenshot_ag_toyotagtone_ts020_seattle_circuit_2-5-121-12-7-50.jpg
Screenshot_ag_toyotagtone_ts020_seattle_circuit_2-5-121-12-8-1.jpg
Screenshot_ag_toyotagtone_ts020_seattle_circuit_2-5-121-12-9-48.jpg
Screenshot_ag_toyotagtone_ts020_seattle_circuit_2-5-121-12-11-58.jpg
Screenshot_ag_toyotagtone_ts020_seattle_circuit_2-5-121-12-4-33.jpg
Screenshot_ag_toyotagtone_ts020_seattle_circuit_2-5-121-12-5-18.jpg

Not quite sure, id say more that as motorsport has gotten more expensive as a whole, means the land on which a facility sits on is worth an extraordinary amount of $$$ too the housing development mob. We may be sparsely populated in terms of open land, but we also have a very high living area density, meaning that when new housing areas go up somewhere, more and more are bound too follow.

Ex. the owners of Sandown Raceway in melbourne have been looking for ages for a way too sell off the circuit, racecourse, and associating land. Nearby neighbours (as the circuit is nestled into a housing area) are getting annoyed about the noise (circuit is already limited too how many race events it can host due too noise restrictions) and the local council in the area recently thinking about re-zoning the land, which would mean the whole area of which the circuit, and racecourse sit on could disappear extremely quickly. Sadly $$$ = $$$$$$ (greed effectively). Its not all a sad state for circuit racing in australia, there are quite a few plans for new facilities around the country, most of those being world class and having high ambitions of getting attention of world motorsport categories. Quite a few of the older circuits such as Calder Park in Melbournes north are lacking in investment and patronage which could be detrimental for their future. my pov for calder is that the thunderdome has to go, although significant it may be to australia's motorsport history, its just sitting there dilapidated and useless beyond repair. I would leave part of the main straight grandstand as tribute to what once stood there, renovate it so that it can be used for spectators. Other than that, a whole new circuit extension can be built where the oval once was too modernize the circuit, and hopefully get national and state circuit racing & other categories returning.

Where? Ive never seen nor heard of such a conversion existing? Do you have a link?

Thanks awfully

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5h1s36lfoflyq2a/adelaide_1988.rar/file

Lam

Has anyone tried this Ford GT40 yet. This modder usually quite gets it right in making Kunos street cars accessible to "lesser pilots" such as myself.

Wow thanks I wasn't aware such attempt to optimising Long Beach existed.
Is there anything of the kind existing for Terra21's Road Atlanta please? I believe it's also a FM7 conversion, I quite like the layout, it's actually more technical or challenging than Jim Loyd RD version

The Ford GT40 is great, especially with the soundmod. A few people have given me positive feedback.

Some more progress shots of the Seattle Reworked, including the new harbor section. I'm torn on whether or not to remove the overpass, as it's gone IRL now, but it's such a famous part of the Gran Turismo track. I guess a descision needs to be made on if this is going to be a 'Real Seattle' or a 'Gran Turismo' circuit - thoughts?!?

View attachment 1014560 View attachment 1014561 View attachment 1014562 View attachment 1014563 View attachment 1014564 View attachment 1014565 View attachment 1014566 View attachment 1014567
And why not make 2 different layouts? classic and new (for example)

Go to Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg and delete the acos.ini file.

Also go to Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\state\ and delete the imgui_settings.ini file.

Cheers ! It worked. And now even the Essentials widget does, too. Amazing.
Just curious, can you remove it from the menu on the right hand side? Maybe removing it and reopening it might do something? If you can remove it, maybe you could download an alternative.

Yes I could. Could remove it from my screen but couldn't move it - at all. Weird eh ? Thankfully @marchetti87 's workaround was successful.

Lam
Wow thanks I wasn't aware such attempt to optimising Long Beach existed.
Is there anything of the kind existing for Terra21's Road Atlanta please? I believe it's also a FM7 conversion, I quite like the layout, it's actually more technical or challenging than Jim Loyd RD version

Circuit Long Beach 2019 fm7 by Terra21 + UPDATE cam + skins RD https://evoload.io/v/UNlTrbJNPPzXxr

21_long_beach-optimisation test by jk https://evoload.io/f/am9ot2VIoj3TIP

not at the moment.
try these tracks maybe they work better.

Road Atlanta Grand Prix https://evoload.io/v/4U3qf7vK6YoOgH
Atlanta Motor Speedway https://evoload.io/v/omovSHuR04OdXd
Atlanta Motorsports Park https://evoload.io/v/sRa5eA9Z4kA9gb

Last edited:
How can I make different layouts of the same track? can it be as easy as copying the entire map folder and renaming files? or do you have to do something else?

And why not make 2 different layouts? classic and new (for example)

I second this, that way we could have both the 'Real Seattle' and the 'Gran Turismo' circuit.
Screens look really nice btw :D

There's a 3.5+ version (by R1CHO and Rainmaker, Reworked DaBaeda)
The original link is dead but I can upload it

Please do!

One of the most sparsely populated continents on the planet! Only Antarctica....

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back