Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,824 comments
I decided to revisit Valencia Street Circuit, as I haven't driven it in a while, but I remembered that it's one I enjoyed.

There's a few different versions around, but I think I used this as the base:

I then added @Delta7Fox 's update:

There is also an ACU version out there.

-The ai fast lane I had was by @F_B, which was pretty good, but I tweaked the sidelines and removed the boosted ai hints for less crashing. The hints were probably good for some cars, but it could cause issues for others, imo. The ai seems fast enough without them, so I created a blank placeholder instead. Some cars may graze an inside wall on tight turns, but nothing race breaking so far in testing. F_B's original ai can be found here:

-I made detailed Rain FX, and added it to the lighting config found on Shader's Patch Discord. I believe it was uploaded by CreamyCornCob (?). Not sure if he is the author. It was originally for the ACU version, but I altered it and it works fine.

-I also included an alternate groove.ini sourced from the acu version, as the one in the Delta7Fox update may have been botched by a newer version of CSP. YMMV.

-Two DRS zones added by kenkenco, uploaded at RD:

(Side note, kenkenco had also added ai for the track, also available at RD. It's pretty good as well, maybe just a hair slower, but the pit lane is messed up, and no ideal line added to data folder.)

-Lastly, I made some background images for the loading screen as well.

valencia_05.jpg

As usual, back up your track before installing. If you have them, delete those darn .bin files etc., from ai folder when updating ai.

AI sidelines and pits, Track Lighting plus Rain FX, DRS, Backgrounds for Valencia (Street Circuit):

Enjoy!

Good afternoon. Anyone suggest a Ferrari SF90 Stradale link with working wipers?? Thanks

If possible, link the Ferrari 430 Scuderia with Cleaners as well. Grateful

Last edited:

The Cunningham Corvettes' lack of chrome and their Indy-style mag wheels were what distinguished them from the other 'Vettes (like Camoradi's rather diffidently-prepared version).
Yes, that had seen. The wheels I put (Chevy Bel-Air) were similar to the Corvette (team Camoradi), but those from Team BS Cunningham, the wheels were more similar to the GT40 and some other Corvettes I have between 1965 and 1969, but it didn't work. the simple exchange. We're waiting for the Corvette racing version, I've read that they'll be doing it soon. For now I'm like "frankestein", but that you can have fun and put it together with other cars to share the famous curves of the circuits of the time.

I downloaded the "Ferrari 488 Evo 2020 v2 ACC Conversion v2". Cannot remember where I got it.

When loading into game, I cannot drive the car because it says "Validating Setup - please wait". This messages stays all the time so I cannot jump into driving.

Can you help fixing it?

Perhaps I downloaded a bad version of this car. Anyone got a link to v2-version which is working fine?

Thx!

Puh, really bad. Hope to get it running again with newer CSP versions.

But I now used the data.acd from version 1 of the car and then v2 of the car is working. Must be something with ini´s..
It's a known bug that cars with cphys (Extended Physics) aren't working in the newest CSP. It's (apparently) been fixed in the newest preview version (not Patreon).

I decided to revisit Valencia Street Circuit, as I haven't driven it in a while, but I remembered that it's one I enjoyed.

-The ai fast lane I had was by @F_B, which was pretty good, but I tweaked the sidelines and removed the boosted ai hints for less crashing. The hints were probably good for some cars, but it could cause issues for others, imo. The ai seems fast enough without them, so I created a blank placeholder instead. Some cars may graze an inside wall on tight turns, but nothing race breaking so far in testing. F_B's original ai can be found here:

-I made detailed Rain FX, and added it to the lighting config found on Shader's Patch Discord. I believe it was uploaded by CreamyCornCob (?). Not sure if he is the author. It was originally for the ACU version, but I altered it and it works fine.

-I also included an alternate groove.ini sourced from the acu version, as the one in the Delta7Fox update may have been botched by a newer version of CSP. YMMV.

(Side note, kenkenco had also added ai for the track, also available at RD. It's pretty good as well, maybe just a hair slower, but the pit lane is messed up, and no ideal line added to data folder.)

View attachment 1068939

As usual, back up your track before installing. If you have them, delete those darn .bin files etc., from ai folder when updating ai.

AI sidelines and pits, Track Lighting plus Rain FX, DRS, Backgrounds for Valencia (Street Circuit):

Enjoy!
Very nice. Thank you. The only thing I adjusted for me was the race flags. They were just too bright for me. The Value_1 value was at "255,255,255,1"

Code:
[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_28]
DESCRIPTION = RFlag M
ACTIVE = 1
CONDITION = RACING_FLAG
MATERIALS = rflag, core_start_lights_a
KEY_1 = ksEmissive
VALUE_1 = 255,255,255,0.01

It's almost real looking.

I've noticed a few trends with these 'photorealistic' videos.
They always use ReShade, as well as CSP and a PP filter. I do this too, but a lot of people seem to frown upon this and say that it could cause issues.
I've tried a few of the ReShade settings in these videos (including those used by the person that uploaded this video) and they seem fine for one type of weather, but the second that the weather changes, the effects become either overexposed or too dull.
They always seem to use the same two tracks in their videos - Tsukuba and Nordschleife. That's because the lighting looks good on these two tracks before any other effects are added (although admittedly the uploader whose video you've linked uses a few more tracks in his videos).

My point is that, as impressive as it looks, don't expect every track and every type of weather to look photorealistic without huge changes to your settings every time you start a race. In some circumstances those settings will cause your game to look worse than it does now.
For the sake of your own sanity, you would be better off finding a preset that makes every track look good, even if it makes none of them look photorealistic.

Last edited:
They always use ReShade, as well as CSP and a PP filter. I do this too, but a lot of people seem to frown upon this and say that it could cause issues.
I've tried a few of the ReShade settings in these videos (including those used by the person that uploaded this video) and they seem fine for one type of weather, but the second that the weather changes, the effects become either overexposed or too dull.
They always seem to use the same two tracks in their videos - Tsukuba and Nordschleife. That's because the lighting looks good on these two tracks before any other effects are added (although admittedly the uploader whose video you've linked uses a few more tracks in his videos).

My point is that, as impressive as it looks, don't expect every track and every type of weather to look photorealistic without huge changes to your settings every time you start a race. In some circumstances those settings will cause your game to look worse than it does now.
For the sake of your own sanity, you would be better off finding a preset that makes every track look good, even if it makes none of them look photorealistic.
Yeah, the joy of Sol for me is being able to do races that start pre-dawn and finish post-dusk with lots of extreme weather variety in between, so it's important to have a consistent aesthetic throughout this whole cycle. I've never bothered trying Reshade because of all the negative press and issues it can reportedly cause (whether these are true or not... IDK), but find the bundled Sol PPFs perfectly fine in VR.

Hi All, I have an animation modding question. I was trying to create animation for a rear wing. I followed the following youtube tutorial precisely, https:/HOW TO: Hood Animation | Assetto Corsa | 3dsmax/www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjN2tOQjfbxAhVQqJ4KHTiYDOYQwqsBegQIDhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D5H2qJyMefr0&usg=AOvVaw1fNBK6hItegXFgpA1ENHcZ, but when I open the fbx animation in kseditorAt, the rear wing moves from its original position slightly and when I move the animation bar in the animation tab, it does not play the animation at all. But if I export the model to kn5 and move all the required files to the car folder, I can see the animation in AC manager showroom. But similar to what happened in kseditorAt, the rear wing was moved slightly from its correct position when the car was loaded into AC manager showroom. If I open the same model and fbx animation in Kuno's kseditor, it also move the rear wing slightly, but the animation can be played in it. Can anyone shed some light on me on this? I tried to delete all dummies to start all over again but the same problem remained. I made sure the axis of the animation dummy points to the right direction, Z-forward, Y-up, and units were in meter. Only thing I was thinking is if kseditor would move the object a bit if it was clashing into another object in it's initial position, but I do not think the program cares about that..... thank you

p.s. my wing moves up and down instead of flipping like the hood in the link above, but i don't think i did anything wrong moving it from original position in scene one to its final position which i have picked to be scene 80

Last edited:

Using a ppfilter with a reshade Rt profile also depends on the management of lighting on a circuit, the weather chosen. Personally, I try to create a ppfilter and a realist and generalist reshade Rt preset for all circuits, but not obvious with each version of Sol, CSP, etc.

Sol 2.2 - CSP 0.1.76

Sol 1.5 - CSP 0.1.48

Last edited:
Is there an easy way to make "rpm" lights brighter in cockpit view? I know how to arrange and brighten various items in "digital instruments" but never quite worked out how to specifically make the rpm lights brighter.

Thanks

View attachment 1068939

Enjoy!
I really enjoyed your changes to the track, thanks! Is there a way to lower the volume between tyre and track?I find it`s a bit louder than others. Thanks

I'm working on the opel astra but a big problem on this car, the driver has not all the hand synchronized with the steering wheel, I looked for a lot of solution to animate the driver on blender, I found this post from Stereo here: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/bone-animation-rig-blender.34594/#post-719943
but still a lot of problem, driver completely out of place in the car and impossible to move it with CM (error message), i finally found the solution by modifying the stereo driver, i made a sitting version that works in CM to move it, the opel should be ready soon

I tore my hair out for 3 days to find the solution, not in bed before 3 am. 🥴

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back