Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,783 comments
Hi!
Sorry for hijack the post... but I have the same exact problem with a Toyota Celica St205 GrA8 WRC. I tried to find where to change it, using anything available from CM and CSP with no luck. Actually I found where it says that the obejct is not transparent, but couldn't edit it/change it.
So, could you please say what CSP extension should be used? I mean, I think that is something not depending on any extra 3D software, it only depends on CM and its extension, right!?
Thanks in advance!
Cheers. :cheers:
Yes that is right. If the car folder does not have an extension folder inside then create one. Then create a file inside there called ext_config.ini and paste this text inside that file (or at the beginning/end of one that might already be there)

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = OBJECT_NAME_1, OBJECT_NAME_2
IS_TRANSPARENT = 1

To find the object name, just use CM showroom to find the name of the non transparent object like you have already done, and copy/paste the object name(s) into the meshes section replacing OBJECT_NAME_1, OBJECT_NAME_2 with your actual object.

This is almost a must-have for Kunos tracks. Would be great to have this also at Mugello, Imola, Spa etc.
Yes I know ! But these tracks are such a re-use of textures mess it would require to almost add new textures slots for the whole tracks ! 🤪

I am an old Assetto Corsa senior player but relatively noob regarding the mod universe.:-)
I wonder if someone has "upgraded" some vanilla AC Cars to the CM/CSP standards.
Is it automatic if one has CM installed or, in case it is not, can someone give me links to some Upgraded Vanilla AC Car (mainly Ferrari, Porsche., McLaren.Lambo)
Thanks
If you have csp, all kunos cars will be updated automatically.

Last edited:
I am an old Assetto Corsa senior player but relatively noob regarding the mod universe.:-)
I wonder if someone has "upgraded" some vanilla AC Cars to the CM/CSP standards.
Is it automatic if one has CM installed or, in case it is not, can someone give me links to some Upgraded Vanilla AC Car (mainly Ferrari, Porsche., McLaren.Lambo)
Thanks
1. CM loads all the latest configs of the Kunos cars here:

1626985479258.png

2. search on RD for user DEATHLESS and his latest CSP upgrades to Kunos cars. He does a brilliant job.

Can Someone make a update for the paris Tour Eiffel city track, cause when you hit the rail in de corners you get stuck,.. and this track is so great so please make an update for this one,..

cheers in advance mates!
Do you have version 1.6?

For VR users, I think this was added in a recent update. After some tweaking, I like these adjustments. I've always thought the floating HUD needed to be further away. For cockpit view (what you should be using for VR), "Other Cameras HUD Offset" allows you to adjust how close or far away you want it.

1626994291569.png

1626994439374.png

Last edited:
For VR users, I think this was added in a recent update. After some tweaking, I like these adjustments. I've always thought the floating HUD needed to be further away. For cockpit view (what you should be using for VR), "Other Cameras HUD Offset" allows you to adjust how close or far away you want it.

View attachment 1069151

View attachment 1069152
I have never used HUD in VR ever. It just kills the immersion for me at least until AR Glasses are a thing.

I released it. Finally!

View attachment 1069154
The track is free on Race Department.

Enjoy people!
Really nice! Thank you!

Some screenshots testing a hillclimb I made on RTB... never made anything on 3d software before, and I know RTB is very basic, but I found it an easier starting point than Blender. Based on Brassknocker Hill, Bath, Somerset. Used the google elevation data from earth and imported it in, then set to work making it somewhat presentable. Still very much a WIP, doubt I'll ever release it as no one really drives hillclimbs these days.

Using it as a pet project to learn the software before I tackle and hopefully release Gurston Down and Thruxton Kart Centre in the coming months.

Oh, and it seems the photo quality has dropped from HD to SD so that doesn't help it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_bfr_focus_rs_mk2_ta_evo_gd_23-6-121-1-42-17.jpg
    Screenshot_bfr_focus_rs_mk2_ta_evo_gd_23-6-121-1-42-17.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_f1_2001_jordan_gd_23-6-121-1-36-34.jpg
    Screenshot_f1_2001_jordan_gd_23-6-121-1-36-34.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_f1_2001_jordan_gd_23-6-121-1-38-58.jpg
    Screenshot_f1_2001_jordan_gd_23-6-121-1-38-58.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_f1_2001_jordan_gd_23-6-121-1-28-53.jpg
    Screenshot_f1_2001_jordan_gd_23-6-121-1-28-53.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_f1_2001_jordan_gd_23-6-121-1-29-6.jpg
    Screenshot_f1_2001_jordan_gd_23-6-121-1-29-6.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I released it. Finally!

View attachment 1069154
Great work acfastfab. It's tremendous. Thank you very much! 😀

I released it. Finally!

View attachment 1069154
Fantastic stuff - thanks! You really nailed the colour palette, the track looks extremely natural and realistic.
Some quick observations, maybe for the next update:
  • your track tries to overwrite an existing different version of Laquais, so you might want to change the folder name slightly
  • some trees in the middle distance flicker quite a bit with z-fighting
  • a few electricity pylons have no cables running between them (maybe the real environment is like this? IDK)
  • some tree walls have horizontal lines above them so these DDS files might need a row or two of transparent pixels at the top

Thanks again - great track.

Aston Martin DB4 GT (v0.6) Beta release:
preview.jpg

https://mega.nz/file/UI1WQRyb#oxhe52xA7dzsHtpkbtFE2-1fqmhXDNReCDkLy-rp630

Something for the weekend. The time has finally come to share an early release with you guys.

LOD's, animations, improvements to the interior and PBR will be done in the next update - this is just a beta to get some wider testing.

As mentioned in the read me, the car is tuned to be competitive with the Ferrari 250 SWB previously released, and the upcoming GT-C pack from Bazza, so you may find it gets quicker lap times than standard DB4 GT's; probably closer to the Zagato's.

Let me know if you find any issues, updates will now come a bit quicker, the original model was proving to be a bugger to convert from the DB5. The fogs, rolls cage and hooks can be removed in the skins ext_configs if you wish - if anyone knows how to have them not show in previews, let me know!

Any feedback is very welcome.

Last edited:
Fantastic stuff - thanks! You really nailed the colour palette, the track looks extremely natural and realistic.
Some quick observations, maybe for the next update:
  • your track tries to overwrite an existing different version of Laquais, so you might want to change the folder name slightly
  • some trees in the middle distance flicker quite a bit with z-fighting
  • a few electricity pylons have no cables running between them (maybe the real environment is like this? IDK)
  • some tree walls have horizontal lines above them so these DDS files might need a row or two of transparent pixels at the top

Thanks again - great track.
Thanks. Feedback appreciated.
1- Yep I looked on RD to see if there was already a laquais file and there wasn't. But ou right that previous version must exist somewhere with the same name. I will change it but wonder if it will not create problems with people that already dl it.
2- I noticed too, i need to take the time to correct that.
3- It was intentional to just put the one hanging over the track because it part of its identity. But I did'nt put the other one beacause of the aliasing they are generating. But i the people prefer with it, it's no problem to add them. I might try a different technique on them to limit aliasing.
4- You are right I need to notch some UV. 👍

Oh yes !!!! I just installed new screens with a new triple screen angle and forgot to modify in-game,
thank you very good remark friend simracer 👍

View attachment 1069245
Impressive setup 👍
Triple curved screens... how do they compare to flat triples (I'm guessing that's what you had before ?).

EDIT: thanks for the Porsche. Glass interior is fine, but look at the mirrors (both, the interior mirror is the only one that works):

mirror.png

🤔

Last edited:
I just added an extension for Silverstone to have more freedom with pit straight and bridges sponsors textures.
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...raights-and-bridges-sponsors-extension.44022/

Does any modder work this way (with model replacement in tracks extensions) and have some advices regarding online uses and limitations ?

View attachment 1069108View attachment 1069110
compatible with this mod by ClimaxF1 ?????

Impressive setup 👍
Triple curved screens... how do they compare to flat triples (I'm guessing that's what you had before ?).

EDIT: thanks for the Porsche. Glass interior is fine, but look at the mirrors (both, the interior mirror is the only one that works):

View attachment 1069252

🤔
ACTK has made a v1.1 update for the Porsche !!!!!

Capture.JPG

For curved screens I find that the light distribution is much better especially in the angles on the sides of the triple screens, before I already had Samsung curved screens 32" but only 60 Hz now it is MSI 165 Hz - 1 ms and FreeSync

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back