Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,782 comments
I did not think the cup cars had TC. this one does. also on the left of the hood, you can see straight through to the ground from the driver view. Looks to be a good upgrade though.
yes I saw that, but to set it I have to edit the 3D model at the risk of having to redo all the transparency shaders which are often badly saved when exporting from kn5 to fbx

compatible with this mod by ClimaxF1 ?????
Yes it is ! I tested with it and that was the only thing missing with this great mod by ClimaxF1!!! :)

And it is compatible with any skin by the way because I put different names for each new texture slots. ;)

Last edited:
yes I saw that, but to set it I have to edit the 3D model at the risk of having to redo all the transparency shaders which are often badly saved when exporting from kn5 to fbx
Once you have 1st gear enabled, the "Replaio" signature shows up instead of "Porsche", directly in the digital speedo, could you please consider fixing that as well? Maybe you already have removed that, just asking, not on my rig atm.

Thank you.

Once you have 1st gear enabled, the "Replaio" signature shows up instead of "Porsche", directly in the digital speedo, could you please consider fixing that as well? Maybe you already have removed that, just asking, not on my rig atm.

Thank you.
+1
I was just going to ask the same question. It's well done, but still bothers me... 🤔

porsche.png

replaio.png

It's somewhere in the ANIMATION (ext.config.ini) lines 169 to 175. I messed a bit with it and got several results:
  • from Replaio to Porsche when changing to 1st gear, but then second gear and so on still shows replaio.
  • no Porsche at all ahaha...
EDIT: found it !

Line 53: change INPUT=GEAR1 to INPUT=0 😇

Last edited:
Aston Martin DB4 GT (v0.6) Beta release:
View attachment 1069233

https://mega.nz/file/UI1WQRyb#oxhe52xA7dzsHtpkbtFE2-1fqmhXDNReCDkLy-rp630

Something for the weekend. The time has finally come to share an early release with you guys.

LOD's, animations, improvements to the interior and PBR will be done in the next update - this is just a beta to get some wider testing.

As mentioned in the read me, the car is tuned to be competitive with the Ferrari 250 SWB previously released, and the upcoming GT-C pack from Bazza, so you may find it gets quicker lap times than standard DB4 GT's; probably closer to the Zagato's.

Let me know if you find any issues, updates will now come a bit quicker, the original model was proving to be a bugger to convert from the DB5. The fogs, rolls cage and hooks can be removed in the skins ext_configs if you wish - if anyone knows how to have them not show in previews, let me know!

Any feedback is very welcome.
Speaking of Bazza, do you have any news when there will be a next pack available? Thought about just yesterday that it would be cool to have some updated stuff from them to race with. And yes, your DB 4 is already well done, much better that someone would expect for a beta! Is there any difference to the beta you shared on discord? Keep it going!

Hi guys,
I have a problem with Brno (both versions : brno_circuit & brno_circuit_reworked)
Brno.png

I updated the AI with New_AI_for_Brno_Circuit_1.1.7z
Same problem...

Any idea ?

Attachments

• log brno_circuit_reworked.txt
    15.5 KB · Views: 14
  • log brno_circuit.txt
    15.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Yes it is ! I tested with it and that was the only thing missing with this great mod by ClimaxF1!!! :)

And it is compatible with any skin by the way because I put different names for each new texture slots. ;)
c'est parfait merci !!!!!
I copy your command lines (ext_config.ini) and 4 kn5 files in the extension folder with ClimaxF1 mod 👍 👍 👍 it's ok for me

+1
I was just going to ask the same question. It's well done, but still bothers me... 🤔

View attachment 1069261

View attachment 1069262

It's somewhere in the ANIMATION (ext.config.ini) lines 169 to 175. I messed a bit with it and got several results:
  • from Replaio to Porsche when changing to 1st gear, but then second gear and so on still shows replaio.
  • no Porsche at all ahaha...
EDIT: found it !

Change INPUT=GEAR1 to INPUT=0 😇
in the ext_config.ini file I can't find INPUT = GEAR1 I have just this (picture)
but I change that INPUT=GEAR_N to INPUT=0 and now just PORSCHE on the animation !!!! good job @Fanapryde 👍

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Hello guys, sorry to bother you, but I have a big problem when I go off line with 24 cars on the track the game slows down and goes in micro jerks and at the top comes out the words 99% memory occupancy, is there any solution? because it is the first time it happens to me and I do not know what it depends on.
Thank you for the valuable advice you can give me.

I released it. Finally!

View attachment 1069154
The track is free on Race Department.
Thank you, superb work.

Hello guys, sorry to bother you, but I have a big problem when I go off line with 24 cars on the track the game slows down and goes in micro jerks and at the top comes out the words 99% memory occupancy, is there any solution? because it is the first time it happens to me and I do not know what it depends on.
Buy a better cpu haha
Or maybe try reducing the amount of cars.
Have all of them lods?
This could help .

In csp try decreasing the lod balance so you will get the lods more early to show up.

I hope this isn;t just somebody do massive waves of "Analyze", "Fix" and "Generate LOD" using CM :\
:lol:

Oh wait, were you serious?!?
Barely any of that can be done just with CM (CM just makes it more accessible these days to unpack things like models and data so you can fiddle with them in other programs when you have some idea of what you're doing).

Hi All, sorry I know this is not as exciting as other current topics, but I am wondering if anyone can kindly shed me some light on this, many thanks!
Hi All, I have an animation modding question. I was trying to create animation for a rear wing. I followed the following youtube tutorial precisely, https:/HOW TO: Hood Animation | Assetto Corsa | 3dsmax/www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjN2tOQjfbxAhVQqJ4KHTiYDOYQwqsBegQIDhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D5H2qJyMefr0&usg=AOvVaw1fNBK6hItegXFgpA1ENHcZ, but when I open the fbx animation in kseditorAt, the rear wing moves from its original position slightly and when I move the animation bar in the animation tab, it does not play the animation at all. But if I export the model to kn5 and move all the required files to the car folder, I can see the animation in AC manager showroom. But similar to what happened in kseditorAt, the rear wing was moved slightly from its correct position when the car was loaded into AC manager showroom. If I open the same model and fbx animation in Kuno's kseditor, it also move the rear wing slightly, but the animation can be played in it. Can anyone shed some light on me on this? I tried to delete all dummies to start all over again but the same problem remained. I made sure the axis of the animation dummy points to the right direction, Z-forward, Y-up, and units were in meter. Only thing I was thinking is if kseditor would move the object a bit if it was clashing into another object in it's initial position, but I do not think the program cares about that..... thank you

p.s. my wing moves up and down instead of flipping like the hood in the link above, but i don't think i did anything wrong moving it from original position in scene one to its final position which i have picked to be scene 80

:lol:

Oh wait, were you serious?!?
Barely any of that can be done just with CM (CM just makes it more accessible these days to unpack things like models and data so you can fiddle with them in other programs when you have some idea of what you're doing).
IIRC there's an analyze function for CM's Developer mode which do many stuff like that automatically. I'm just a bit curious (and a bit suspicious) if that's the case. I could be wrong though :D

...i started way back in 2020 working on this gem.
I do not know, what i have done in complete... but it was very much. It is still not perfect.
I remember:
  • better performance by removing many things which are not seen anyway. ( there are still too many materials used)
  • new 3D background
  • many many CSP effects, custom GrassFX, smoke, RainFX, lights,.....
  • shader changes (vegetation receiving shadows, etc.)
  • new textures and normal maps
Mike08's Mt.Akina 2017 Reworked

Screenshot_ddm_toyota_mrs_haru_mount_akina_2017_6-3-121-16-39-3.jpg
Screenshot_toyota_gr_supra_2019_mount_akina_2017_23-6-121-14-52-1.png
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_performante_m08_mount_akina_2017_23-6-121-16-2-3.png

CSP (v.??) heavily recommended!
The original author did not put in his name or version.. so i left it like that.
Big cheers to him and his work, even i do not know him. Please scream if i should delete my version here.

BIG THANKS to @alekabul, who's two way traffic layout is included!

DOWNLOAD: (fixed)

HAVE FUN AND HAVE A NICE WEEKEND!

more also FREE stuff: patreon.com/mike08
-----------------------

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_performante_m08_mount_akina_2017_23-6-121-16-11-20.png
    Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_performante_m08_mount_akina_2017_23-6-121-16-11-20.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_toyota_gr_supra_2019_mount_akina_2017_23-6-121-14-51-6.png
    Screenshot_toyota_gr_supra_2019_mount_akina_2017_23-6-121-14-51-6.png
    143.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Aston Martin DB4 GT (v0.6) Beta release:
View attachment 1069233

https://mega.nz/file/UI1WQRyb#oxhe52xA7dzsHtpkbtFE2-1fqmhXDNReCDkLy-rp630

Something for the weekend. The time has finally come to share an early release with you guys.

LOD's, animations, improvements to the interior and PBR will be done in the next update - this is just a beta to get some wider testing.

As mentioned in the read me, the car is tuned to be competitive with the Ferrari 250 SWB previously released, and the upcoming GT-C pack from Bazza, so you may find it gets quicker lap times than standard DB4 GT's; probably closer to the Zagato's.

Let me know if you find any issues, updates will now come a bit quicker, the original model was proving to be a bugger to convert from the DB5. The fogs, rolls cage and hooks can be removed in the skins ext_configs if you wish - if anyone knows how to have them not show in previews, let me know!

Any feedback is very welcome.
Wow, this is extremely nice. So glad you're working on it! Just one issue, and I'm not certain it's a problem at all - but are the tires really supposed to be that skinny ? They're practically bicycle tires (in the tyre.ini NOT the visual model!!!).

I am happy that you like this car and for this I ask you if anyone can help me to update it with some things like adding the lights, the wipers compatible with the RainFX and a little something here and there. (unfortunately I don't know how to do it as this is my first attempt to make a mod)

I do not know, what i have done in complete... but it was very much. It is still not perfect.
I remember:
  • better performance by removing many things which are not seen anyway. ( there are still too many materials used)
  • new 3D background

View attachment 1069285View attachment 1069286View attachment 1069287

The original author did not put in his name or version.. so i left it like that.
Big cheers to him and his work, even i do not know him. Please scream if i should delete my version here.

DOWNLOAD:

-----------------------
Not sure why you choose this to work on instead of the far superior Initial D version of the same track.

I want to try to make animated doors and ican only find 3dsmax tutorial,there are a video from Blender?

And after the 1.75 release, do nowwe have a step by step tutorial for the wiper?

Thank you

I remember:
  • new 3D background

View attachment 1069285View attachment 1069286View attachment 1069287

DOWNLOAD:

-----------------------
Thank you for sharing. I've installed it, but when I load up a race I get a:
m08_mount_akina_2017 : TRACK NOT FOUND
message from CM

Do you have Afterburner installed so that you could take a screenshot of the hardware stats (CPU load and RAM utilization) when this happens? How much RAM do you have installed and what are the other hardware specs (CPU, GPU)?

Last edited:
IIRC there's an analyze function for CM's Developer mode which do many stuff like that automatically. I'm just a bit curious (and a bit suspicious) if that's the case. I could be wrong though :D
Very wrong. CM helps point some stuff out, and is useful for a few things like tyre swaps and now auto-LOD generation, but that changelog has loads of stuff that requires messing with the models and data files in other programs.
Seriously, give it a go and see how far you get. Since the first time I mucked around with some cars for my own purposes I've had a significant appreciation for modders just for the amount of time it takes to get things right, nevermind all the things you need to understand about A; how cars work and B; how the code works in AC.
Anyone got any recommended set ups for the V8Corsa supercars? Doesn't matter which year group I use, it's literally impossible not to spin it.
Lower and soften the rear.
Add more rear wing.
Get the brake balance right for any particular track (not too much rear).
Shortshift and be progressive on the throttle. Blip the throttle on downchanges.
Basically, use the same driving technique they do IRL, EXCEPT, stay off any big/steep/high kerbs (although less fast bump and more fast rebound can help a bit).
Oh, and don't buy AMS2 (V8SCorsa are tame compared to the V8 Super)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back