Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
They are in the same folder and there is the .ini file. I don't know why that is happening. Maybe because of impot/export settings?

I avoid using 3dsimed for editing because it takes so long. In blender I could add the AC Cubes much faster. But I want to find out what is happening because what if I'm making something else and I can't rely on 3dsimed for editing? :/

I tried using kn5conv but the track couldn't even be loaded to Blender. The error says: "ASCII FBX files are not supported" (I guess that's for 3dsMax?)

Right now I'm editing the cubes with 3dsimed and I'll give some feedback later. It is quite difficult to use.

Like I said, I wanted to find the issue so I can learn and have no problems like this in the future.
3dsimed messes up the exports regularly (UVs and texture assignments), but the persistence file it makes is alright. To get rid of the transparency, open the fbx you exported in 3dsimed and re-export it, then load the second fbx in blender and it should look alright.
kn5conv exports ascci files, like it says, so you can use the autodesk converter (free tool) to convert it to binary. Also, sometimes kn5conv will export at 100x scale, so keep that in mind if you export an fbx back to ac and things are huge or don´t show up
(Im not a fan of 3dsimed for anything but import/export but I guess if you´re just doing pitboxes it might be better to learn how to do it there and spare the hassle)

Last edited:
They are in the same folder and there is the .ini file. I don't know why that is happening. Maybe because of impot/export settings?

I avoid using 3dsimed for editing because it takes so long. In blender I could add the AC Cubes much faster. But I want to find out what is happening because what if I'm making something else and I can't rely on 3dsimed for editing? :/

I tried using kn5conv but the track couldn't even be loaded to Blender. The error says: "ASCII FBX files are not supported" (I guess that's for 3dsMax?)

Right now I'm editing the cubes with 3dsimed and I'll give some feedback later. It is quite difficult to use.

Like I said, I wanted to find the issue so I can learn and have no problems like this in the future.

Here's the track if you guys wan't to take a look:

There is nothing wrong with this track
1629858666519.png

The only thing wrong is your process, and 3dsimed exports it perfectly to FBX.

1629858783371.png

I even said you could create a new, separate .kn5 and add the pits you want via models.ini

Why not use?:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/circuit-zandvoort-2020.185572/ (32 pits)

Last edited:
Complementing the work of another site, Alfa Romeo T33B/1968 (Velo's), I just converted the missing skins and added other livery. Some details are missing, but the car was correctly converted, not like the ones they are making, but full of problems, but still running on the track.

Attachments

• LM68_37.png
    LM68_37.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 30
  • LM68_38.png
    LM68_38.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 22
  • LM68_39.png
    LM68_39.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 17
  • LM68_40.png
    LM68_40.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 15
  • LM68_65.png
    LM68_65.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 21
  • LM68_41.png
    LM68_41.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 25
  • AutoDelta.LM68.png
    AutoDelta.LM68.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 36
  • TeamVDS.LM68.png
    TeamVDS.LM68.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 30
  • WSC67_38.Autodelta.png
    WSC67_38.Autodelta.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 23
  • WSC67_39.Autodelta.png
    WSC67_39.Autodelta.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Audodelta.WSC67.png
    Audodelta.WSC67.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 26
  • LM69_36.VDS.png
    LM69_36.VDS.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 25
  • LM69_38.VDS.png
    LM69_38.VDS.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 17
  • WSC69_36.VDS.png
    WSC69_36.VDS.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 20
  • WSC69_38.VDS.png
    WSC69_38.VDS.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 17
  • TeamVDS.LM69&WSC69.png
    TeamVDS.LM69&WSC69.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 29
Neil, apologies, I couldn't have tested this track back in May and just came across it during a purge. I really like it!
Has there been any progress since May, and are there any plans to add the remaining three layouts (as per Terra21's 2016 version on RD)? The tarmac is there and driveable, they just (!) need coning off and separating.
I'm getting some weird shading on the trees and bushes in certain light... could the normals need pointing up (just a guess... IDK)?
Thanks for this track - was it scratch-built?
What other tracks are yours?
I remember making a skin for myself that fixed the trees a little when this was released. I'll share it after work this evening.
It's not a proper fix, but it makes the problem a little less noticeable.

Neil has also made Hampton Downs, Pukekohe Park and Terratonga Park, and is currently working on Motorland Aragon.

He doesn't pop onto this site very often, but if you search his name, you'll find the links to his other tracks.

Last edited:
I started quickly fiddling with Jerez '94 to swap out some of the bland terrain textures and one thing led to another... long story short, here's a 'new' track called Circuito de Jerez 2010 assembled from various versions of the track, with GrassFX, RainFX (both bastardised and with surplus stuff no doubt, both could definitely be improved), lots of new textures baked in throughout, new billboards, active airspace, geotags, new previews and other stuff I've forgotten.
It's probably historically inaccurate, I'm not sure when the new pit buildings were added but the '94 track is a better base (IMO) than the newer version. The '2010' year was pretty randomly chosen as an identifier.
Released in a new folder so it doesn't undo the work of others, however anonymous they are.
Needs lighting added to the config if anyone has time to spare.
The 'Timber' skin for some billboard backs needs to be active... for some reason this wouldn't bake in to the track. No idea why.
The billboard mapping is as per the original track, ie slight stretching/squashing in places as art is reused in different locations, but I've tried to minimise the effect.

View attachment 1076143 View attachment 1076144 View attachment 1076147

Great! I had been waiting for another version of Jerez for a while. Thanks a lot. One quick question though. I downloaded it and placed it in the tracks folder, but when I try to run it, Content Manager gets an error message saying Track not found. It doesnt do that with any other tracks.
Am I missing something? I am pretty sure I am missing something.

Great! I had been waiting for another version of Jerez for a while. Thanks a lot. One quick question though. I downloaded it and placed it in the tracks folder, but when I try to run it, Content Manager gets an error message saying Track not found. It doesnt do that with any other tracks.
Am I missing something? I am pretty sure I am missing something.
That's odd - it works fine at my end but it's very possible I've mucked something up. Anyone else having the same problem?

Last edited:
That's odd - it works fine at my end but it's very possible I've mucked something up. Anyone else having the same problem?
It is because the main .kn5 is named differently to the track folder. Match them up and you’re good to go. (Need to be careful if you rename the kn5 that you update the models.ini)

I re-named both files and changed the models.ini and all working great. This is now probably the best Jerez available. Would it be possible to have a layout minus the cones/chicane at the end of the lap?

It is because the main .kn5 is named differently to the track folder. Match them up and you’re good to go. (Need to be careful if you rename the kn5 that you update the models.ini)
Weird. My folder name (circuito_de_jerez_2010) and main kn5 name (jerez94.kn5) are completely different, but the track loads fine, works fine. I obviously tested it before uploading and just tested it again.
Unless something happens locally and is cached because I created the new folder..? Whisky Tango Foxtrot.

Anyway, here's a new link with the main kn5 and the models.ini renamed appropriately. Sorry about that..! Still can't quite understand why it originally worked (and continues to work) for me with mismatched folder/kn5 names.

@Mau Soleo thanks for reporting this - over 1,000 downloads and you were the first person to flag it. 👍

Last edited:
Weird. My folder name (circuito_de_jerez_2010) and main kn5 name (jerez94.kn5) are completely different, but the track loads fine, works fine. I obviously tested it before uploading and just tested it again.
Unless something happens locally and is cached because I created the new folder..? Whisky Tango Foxtrot.

Anyway, here's a new link with the main kn5 and the models.ini renamed appropriately. Sorry about that..! Still can't quite understand why it originally worked (and continues to work) for me with mismatched folder/kn5 names.

@Mau Soleo thanks for reporting this - over 1,000 downloads and you were the first person to flag it. 👍
I feel bad for not reporting it now - I figured it was an oddity of my CM installation, happens now and then with new circuits. Easily fixed once you know what to look for, but I don’t know why it works for some and not others - presumably a caching issue as you suggest - your CM knows which kn5 to look for but mine doesn’t 🤷🏼‍♂️ Thanks for the great track 🙏🏻

I feel bad for not reporting it now - I figured it was an oddity of my CM installation, happens now and then with new circuits. Easily fixed once you know what to look for, but I don’t know why it works for some and not others - presumably a caching issue as you suggest - your CM knows which kn5 to look for but mine doesn’t 🤷🏼‍♂️ Thanks for the great track 🙏🏻
Ha ha, no worries, and thanks.
The sad thing is, I previously knew I'm supposed to rename the main kn5 and edit the models.ini when duplicating tracks but kind of forgot when everything seemed to work just fine.

Last edited:
Hi, I am looking for the Physics Test Build for the Mclaren 720s GT3 that was hosted on the Toprace Discord seperately to the main car.

I got the car itself, but all versions provided here seem to have the old physics that made the car unreasonably slow compared to other GT3s.
So did anyone install the updated physics before they got deleted and can share the data.acd file?

Ha ha, no worries, and thanks.
The sad thing is, I previously knew I'm supposed to rename the main kn5 and edit the models.ini when duplicating tracks but kind of forgot when everything seemed to work just fine.
In my case, I changed it without thinking, so didn't think to report it. I have a set of things that I do with each new track (such as add a new VAO, check the skins folders, resize the preview pics in the UI etc) before I even move it into my tracks folder. This was just one of those fixes.

Last edited:
I re-named both files and changed the models.ini and all working great. This is now probably the best Jerez available. Would it be possible to have a layout minus the cones/chicane at the end of the lap?
If anyone wants to add the FIM-sanctioned layout without the T11 chicane - go ahead, fill your boots. It'd be a good addition.

hi guys,

is there someone here that knows if somebody is working on a update of the track mont tremblant..

Cause i found this track a time ago and i was forgotten it but its a really nice track but not 100% perfect,..

so is there another version or can someone update this track??

i got the reboot v1.0 version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/imj91fix98t79x4/rt_mont_tremblant.7z/file

tnx mates !!
Is any track 100% perfect?
This is a GRiD Autosport port so will never be super-accurate.

Last edited:
Race canceled problem.
I have been having this problem for 1 week but can't find a working solution.
Until the day before everything was fine, but the next day, without adding new mods or anything, content manager gave me this problem.
This is the log:
2021-08-25T15:26:49:090 [22752] | INFO | Custom Shaders Patch 0.1.76-preview1 is up and running.
2021-08-25T15:26:49:090 [22752] | INFO | Please avoid using this log file for anything or parsing it in any way, it’s not set to be compatible like that. Next update might not print anything here at all.
2021-08-25T15:26:49:094 [22752] | INFO | Time in race.ini: 54060, sun angle=32.27
2021-08-25T15:26:49:096 [22752] | DEBUG | New shared archive: 'D:\Games\Assetto Corsa\extension\lua/std.zip'
2021-08-25T15:26:49:096 [22752] | INFO | Archive opened: 'D:\Games\Assetto Corsa\extension\lua/std.zip'
2021-08-25T15:26:49:100 [22752] | INFO | Extension DXGI Tweaks disabled
2021-08-25T15:26:49:100 [22752] | INFO | Setting AC hooks…
2021-08-25T15:26:49:217 [22752] | INFO | Target: acs
2021-08-25T15:26:50:065 [22752] | DEBUG | In total, 15552 different names and 19606 items were found; 42094 were skipped as useless
2021-08-25T15:26:50:097 [22752] | INFO | Time to find things: 879.99 ms
2021-08-25T15:26:50:143 [22752] | INFO | All 1533 functions were found successfully
2021-08-25T15:26:50:144 [22752] | INFO | Set watcher for 'D:\Games\Assetto Corsa\system\cfg\ppfilters'
2021-08-25T15:26:50:154 [22752] | DEBUG | Gary: old-school event listeners set
2021-08-25T15:26:50:154 [22752] | DEBUG | Gary: newer event listeners are set
2021-08-25T15:26:50:887 [22752] | DEBUG | Importing DLL: python33.dll
2021-08-25T15:26:50:887 [22752] | DEBUG | Importing DLL: openvr_api.dll

Just a simple question: which is the best version for le mans, bathurst and lime rock? I'm busy atm and I can't check every version by my self :boggled:

Thanks in advance 😁

@Masscot

Here's the quick fix I did for the 3D trees at Highlands Motorsports Park. It has been a long time since I made this, so I can't remember what I did exactly, but looking at the skin, it looks like I hid something and darkened something else...

It is in a skins/default folder, so you might want to change the folder structure: https://www.mediafire.com/file/jss4w792hp5yhcw/skins.rar/file

HOWEVER... It does not change the other trees, and after checking, I can see that there is a lighting issue with them. Hopefully someone else can fix this (and have a look at the camera-facing trees at Terretonga Park at the same time).

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back