Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,718 comments
Just a heads up to anyone using the new URD Darsche Cup car. There's a huge error in the spring rates.

Fronts:
STATIC_CAMBER= -4.21
SPRING_RATE= 1336 ;2 <-----------
PROGRESSIVE_SPRING_RATE= 0
BUMP_STOP_RATE= 173680 ;260
BUMPSTOP_UP= 0.067
BUMPSTOP_DN= 0.053
PACKER_RANGE= 0.026

Rears:
TOE_OUT= -0.0006
STATIC_CAMBER= -3.71
SPRING_RATE= 1093 ;2 <------------
BUMP_STOP_RATE= 163929 ;300
BUMPSTOP_UP= 0.096
BUMPSTOP_DN= 0.044
PACKER_RANGE= 0.032 (edited)

These are supposed to be in the 100 thousand range. Add two zeros to the end of each of these and then you don't have to spin all over the place. 😆
How they had values of a thousand in here is quite the mystery.

From Fecebook. This is not my mod. Support the creator and join the FB group if you can.

EDIT: For VR users, the driver's head is visible. I'm notifying them about the issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reiner Heinrich MNBA Assetto Modding Group

8Spnhrd ·

RELEASED
Today’s the big day!
DPWerkz - Assetto Corsa Tuning-Mods is back after a creative break, with a fresh cooperation project with MNBA Assetto Modding Group!
We proudly present the:
Porsche 991.2 GT3 RS MR (Manthey Racing)
This car is a real track beast! Made to hunt top times on the Nordschleife, born in the holy halls of Manthey Racing in Meuspath close to the Nürburgring.
The MR Package contains lots of upgrades for “only” € 70.000,- on top of the price for your new Porsche GT3 RS.
More info about the real car, we took as inspiration for this mod:
https://www.tuningblog.eu/.../manthey-porsche-gt3-rs-290078/

https://www.manthey-racing.de/MR_Flyer_Porsche_911-GT3-RS...

We also opened up a public track day server with the “small Nordschleife”, Bilster Berg, to give you the opportunity to give it a try, together with your mates. Missing cars or track can be automatically downloaded via Content Manager!
SERVER ADRESS:
https://acstuff.ru/s/q:race/online/join?ip=94.249.254.151...

If you like the mod and want to keep the online server online, here’s a donation link for server costs only. We don’t want to take profit out of the mod.
😊

SERVER DONATION LINK:
https://www.g-factory.de/donate.php?mname=kd12801

CREDITS:
  • Thanks to Forceful for his GT3 RS v5 and the GT2 RS MR v2.0 & v2.5 which were the base for this mod!
  • Thanks to MNBA for helping us finish this mod!
  • Special thanks to, Adriaan Suy, you have been a big help, mate!
  • Thanks to ScibSound for the GT3 RS Sound!
  • Thanks to Timon Kunzelmann for the Release Video!
  • Thanks to Josip Null for the Release Pics!
SIDENOTES:
Mod is encrypted but you can create your own previews!

DOWNLOAD LINK Porsche GT3 RS MR:

MIRROR:

1632537479808.png

Last edited:
Hey guys,

In the attached photo if you look by the hood of the car (bottom right) you can see the fence is well outlined/detailed/sharp, but in a very short arc. What settings do I need in the CM > Settings > CSP (1.75) > Smart shadows to have a larger arc or improved sharpness/detail for a longer distance?

My "Distances for Exterior" are: 100, 360, 1600
My "Distances for Interior" are: 5.2, 160, 1280

Thank you!

View attachment 1082473
Just curiously, do you be able to see the fence shadow details while focused in racing at the fastest speed you can?

Just a heads up to anyone using the new URD Darsche Cup car. There's a huge error in the spring rates.

Fronts:
STATIC_CAMBER= -4.21
SPRING_RATE= 1336 ;2 <-----------
BUMP_STOP_RATE= 173680 ;260
BUMPSTOP_UP= 0.067
BUMPSTOP_DN= 0.053
PACKER_RANGE= 0.026

Rears:
TOE_OUT= -0.0006
STATIC_CAMBER= -3.71
SPRING_RATE= 1093 ;2 <------------
BUMP_STOP_RATE= 163929 ;300
BUMPSTOP_UP= 0.096
BUMPSTOP_DN= 0.044
PACKER_RANGE= 0.032 (edited)

These are supposed to be in the 100 thousand range. Add two zeros to the end of each of these and then you don't have to spin all over the place. 😆
How they had values of a thousand in here is quite the mystery.
Bruh moment. These puny 2NM springs are "helper springs" and their only role is to collapse instantly under car weight. AC's "bump stop" is acting as an actual spring in this case and packer range and movement limits are set accordingly. IER did same thing with their GTA iirc. People keep trying to fix something that isn't broken.

992_front.jpg

..."helper springs" and their only role is to collapse instantly under car weight...
Their role is to allow greater droop and still keep control of the main spring.

Edit: Interesting way of doing it though, although I notice the GTA had strut front suspension, and the pipeline documentation indicates strut suspension has a hardcoded stiffness of 500000N/m for the bump stop in strut suspensions 🤷‍♂️

Do you know if the physics honours the damping values for the section of travel when the bumpstop is in play?

Last edited:
Their role is to allow greater droop and still keep control of the main spring.

Edit: Interesting way of doing it though, although I notice the GTA had strut front suspension, and the pipeline documentation indicates strut suspension has a hardcoded stiffness of 500000N/m for the bump stop in strut suspensions 🤷‍♂️
They remain squished 99.9% of the time in this generation car and only fully decompress when car is jacked. Previous generation had them much stiffer and more involved. But yeah, still rather unconventional setup for this game.

Do you know if the physics honours the damping values for the section of travel when the bumpstop is in play?
It does.

Last edited:
With CSP 1.7X philip island (from assettomods) curbs are missing. Anyone knows how to fix this. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
@__EASY__ for the next Adria update (if planned) for adding the other layout can you please name differently the meshes lights on the top of the building and track lights pole in order to have a better illumination setup, change the glass of the pitbuilding by cut them out as separate mesh (so we can illuminate them properly) and maybe do the same with the garage doors which are well designed inside, but hided by the door?

EDIT 1: IT misses also the roof this building

EDIT 2: Can you take a look also at the skidmarks? The car is floating over it (don't know if depend on the physical mesh or because the skids are set to high over the normal asphalt). Nevermind, fixed via ext_config by adding the transparency to the material.

Screenshot_urd_darche_cup_2021_actk_adria_raceway_25-8-121-11-43-7.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone, hope you all are having a great week-end! I was doing some laps around the great "Anneau du Rhin". I really love this track, may also be because it's in my region... Anyway, I just wanted to ask if anybody does have a camtool for it, because I wasn't able to find any. Thanks in advance!

Apologies if this has been previoulsy released, but since the Long Beach race is coming up this weekend, I'll just put this out there.

Long Beach Terra 21 version optimized by norms:

View attachment 1082422

-Improved road mesh by @jk0011
-Optimizations and additions by @norms, @slider666, @Fanapryde, @Masscot, @Jimlloyd, @LiquidSkyMan, and @Treigne
-Lights by @leBluem

Couple of things I added:
-Rain and amateur Grass FX (added to loaded config)
-Reworked the ai (VRC and RSS Indy car, new LMP1 VRC prototypes, ASR 1991 mods, various GT3's tested at 100% strength and 80-100% aggression).
-Bumped up the grip over curbs via surfaces.ini
-Reworked VAO
-Background images

The track has been kicked around and worked on by many, so I have no idea if this is the most "up to date" version, and apologize if I screwed up any credits. The track does run reasonably well for me, compared to previous versions I have had, but there are still some issues (e.g. possible sticky walls).

If anyone wants to try and improve it, by all means do so, as it seems the track is no longer being worked on for various reasons. Please do not complain to me or any of the above for problems you find- maybe others in the community can come up with solutions.

Have fun, and look forward to any improvements the community may come up with.
This stills working very bad in vr, its a pain

There is a Alpine Le Mans on Assettoland now:

View attachment 1082458

https://mega.nz/file/0Zs3WITJ#H4-dTV8o69Es2Rj-TJ4QizBMxM5FZoPBySCqRQfj5FM

I think that's one of the coolest cars ever made, like all the 80s and 90s Alpines really.

The mod is pretty decent already, 3d model is ok, not bad to drive by quick test. Not encrypted so it's workable.

There's just one thing: gauge needles are dead. That's something I can't fix myself so I'm looking for one kind soul to take care of them. All the needles seem to be in one object, so that must be split up I guess at least, what else, I don't know.

Maybe EASY could take a look. After all I think it's his duty as a frenchman!
"3d model is ok" ofc it's a Forza Horizon 3 / Motorsport 7 rip.
But the rear lights need some fixin'.

They are out but stuck behind a patreon.
When they shouldn't even been. Raised the issue last year but that TonyB lad just keeps his unauthorized and frankly **** rips hidden behind that paywall when the OG modders did all of this for free.

The guy you replied to is better off playing the OG mod on GTR2 rather than that piss poor excuse of a ported mod. It'll work as intended (with bespoke physics).

Bruh moment. These puny 2NM springs are "helper springs" and their only role is to collapse instantly under car weight. AC's "bump stop" is acting as an actual spring in this case and packer range and movement limits are set accordingly. IER did same thing with their GTA iirc. People keep trying to fix something that isn't broken.

View attachment 1082516
So you are saying the real car suffers from understeer and has no lift off oversteer in corners similar to most other Porsche cars of similar design?

That is what I am seeing from this mod and it feels off. Although I have obviously not driven the real thing.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I'd like your help on some detective work. I was searching for a good Clio Cup mod, and I found out this:

I'm overall pleased with TMM mods, and I found this particularly realistic and immersive to drive. Unfortunately the mod has no good skins anywhere.

Today I came across the Clio Cup mod by Maki and Delpinsky, who I know from the TCR mod which is fine, and the Clio as well drives pretty good. It also hase some liveries! Thing is I found this mod only on AssettoLand, which is not quite reputable imho.

At some point a thing started going around my mind. What if these mods are based on the same 3D model? Maybe both modders downloaded the model from gamemodels.ru. So I started messing around, and the skins are quite overlappable.
(The TMM mod has michelin tires, the Maki and Delpinsky one have hankooks)
View attachment 1082388

So I'm here to ask your opinion about this. Which one would you choose?
The x98 version drives more realistically for me. Back-to-back on a few circuits like Laquais, almost a second faster. The sound is really thin, reedy, and not up to the rest of the mod's standard, tho. TMM version uses an ACFan sound? Certainly sounds like it (haha). I replaced the sound for the x98 with that version. Best of both worlds. Just my opinion.

I will get through them gradually but I am not in any hurry I'm afraid. They are tedious to do as some of the logos are low-res and blurry, and editing the alpha channel while not difficult is a bit fiddly. I am keen on 4k skins as they tend to look a whole lot better. Any problems with my making them 4k? I have a few other projects occupying my time including a new and better DB4 and DB4GT, a new and better Maserati 450S, and possibly a 1968 Ferrari 312P (berlinetta and spider).
Happy to wait, very happy for 4k. Many thanks 👍

Nice track but sorry, I had to replace those hilarious fake comedy adboards with something a little less distracting... ;)

View attachment 1082460

(the occasional janky artwork mapping is nothing to do with me)
How can I install these skin? thx!

Prague v0.71 update:

prague_14.jpg

Update features various general fixes and optimizations, updated ai, start/finish and grid positions tweaks, rain fx, and background pics.

edit 10_01_21: link updated to v0.71, small fix for RSR timing app, and cams added by @CrisT86

Enjoy

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back