Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,137 comments
View attachment 1083855

Custom physics (for both) would be nice and the Alpine needs working wipers.
Cool to have them though.
Nice pointers. I am sure he did not notice the wiper not working. Why analyze each mod to find faults the author clearly know about. He could have spent another 5 weeks perfecting the physics vs copy something close and you would have had nothing in the meantime to look at or play around with. Does V.09 mean anything? Physics is relative car behavior - NOTHING IS REAL LIFE.

To be honest, its because of attitudes like yours that I am holding onto this and 'perfecting' it before I release it. I am sure if I did in an imperfect state, some in the community would have helped to perfect it along the way, much faster than I could. However, I learned from publicly releasing my RTR Mustang that putting mods out there gets more critique than its worth.

bottom line - be constructive and perhaps even helpful by contributing to the fixes. maybe spend some time to learn how to animate wipers in CM and add to the extension file. Even if not perfect it will be an attempt. More than just cool to have.

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Nice pointers. I am sure he did not notice the wiper not working. Why analyze each mod to find faults the author clearly know about. He could have spent another 5 weeks perfecting the physics vs copy something close and you would have had nothing in the meantime to look at or play around with. Does V.06 mean anything? Physics is relative car behavior - NOTHING IS REAL LIFE.

To be honest, its because of attitudes like yours that I am holding onto this and 'perfecting' it before I release it. I am sure if I did in an imperfect state, some in the community would have helped to perfect it along the way, much faster than I could. However, I learned from publicly releasing my RTR Mustang that putting mods out there gets more critique than its worth.

bottom line - be constructive and perhaps even helpful by contributing to the fixes. maybe spend some time to learn how to animate wipers in CM and add to the extension file. Even if not perfect it will be an attempt. More than just cool to have.
I can only approve your message 100% , thank you !

Last edited:
No issue with Patreons, it is up to each one of us to decide to participate or not. No issue with encryption it is up to each one of us to decide to download or not.
I have an issue with any one promoting a paid track in this thread page after page. Either you show something you share or are about to share, but this thread should not be a business promotional tool. One post on a pay mod yes, page after page, no.
My 2 cents.:)

Tiago Lima has been updating a few things on RD. Mostly rain and grass FX. These tracks could still be improved.

I may be wrong, but he seems to have been away for a while.

Unfortunately, I'm now having a strange shadow issue with his Ibisu Higashi mod. I noted this in the discussion for the mod.

His "improvements" (GrassFx) are not so great. I also had weird shadows. I went back to the previous version (still had it as a backup) and made up the grass myself.

Well since i purchased MSFS2020 a week ago, I have spent near £100 on mods mainly aircarft.
Some nice freeware too, but the quality of some of the payware is just beautiful.
Its been a pleasure to do so too.

Why i don't do this with AC is is based on how many go about their business, anyone who is like sim dream i wouldn't dream of spending money on that. Its not about problems, its about simply having the knowledge about who is simply ripping others mods and selling them... so like TonyB etc.

I'd not spend 1 dollar on your track as it's not something that excites me, so to suggest people have some problems for not wanting to spend whatever on it is a bit lame really.

There is also a conversion tool for MSFS to convert FSX mod planes into the new game, takes 10 mins tops.
If that were available in AC you'd have all manner of people ripping converts and flogging them.
It really is a very dirty side to AC, which to my brief knowledge doesn't appear to be in the flight sim community...

Anyway that is why i don't just simply throw money at cheap converts from 15 year old games...
You tell me things that do not matter to me at all and above all, you have not understood the context of my message, since it is a joke answering another joke, no more tears please.

TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

Few days ago, Atrupelador on RaceDepartment shared a Camtool replay of a hillclimb shared on YouTube. Downloaded and tried but it has a lot of problems like many tracks available online.

So, as huge fan of Hillclimb i decided to update it for myself with

• New EXT_CONFIG (RainFX, GrassFX, LightFX, Seasons)
  • VAO
  • New TV cameras for all layouts
  • New .KN5 for working track lights
  • New Spawn points (This will save you over 160mb on HDD space!!)

At the moment, only a fix for spawn points it remain to do, then i will share the update and the link for the track itself which, as said, is available on YouTube.

TRACK DOWNLOAD -->

UPDATE DOWNLOAD --> https://sharemods.com/th1wgvei5jhe/...AO___TV_Cams___Hotlap_Fix_by_CrisT86.rar.html

Just drag-n-drop and overwrite when asked without any fear and enjoy! ;)

If anyone knows the author, feel free to share it with him for future updates (maybe @Atrupelador?)

Screenshot_vw_94_idr_18_almofrei_3-9-121-10-47-4.jpg
Screenshot_vw_94_idr_18_almofrei_3-9-121-10-47-21.jpg
Screenshot_vw_94_idr_18_almofrei_3-9-121-10-47-33.jpg
Screenshot_vw_94_idr_18_almofrei_3-9-121-10-47-50.jpg
Screenshot_vw_94_idr_18_almofrei_3-9-121-10-47-57.jpg
Screenshot_vw_94_idr_18_almofrei_3-9-121-10-48-47.jpg

Last edited:
No issue with Patreons, it is up to each one of us to decide to participate or not. No issue with encryption it is up to each one of us to decide to download or not.
I have an issue with any one promoting a paid track in this thread page after page. Either you show something you share or are about to share, but this thread should not be a business promotional tool. One post on a pay mod yes, page after page, no.
My 2 cents.:)
Even more after getting in the beggining some help (for free) from the community.
You tell me things that do not matter to me at all and above all, you have not understood the context of my message, since it is a joke answering another joke, no more tears please.
It is my last post about this, really.
Who told you that my post was a joke? You, because it would fit better to your comment.
So please stop guessing my posts.

Have an average day.

Last edited:
An Update from Fecebook. THIS IS NOT MY MOD. Support the creator and FB group if you can.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Brent Naulaerts MNBA Assetto Modding Group

4aSpsohg ·

RELEASING ONE MORE TIME! FINAL VERSION
Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 MR.

Note: physics are based on the car (couldn't find much)
Credits:
  • BZ SimWorks for using some parts (credits given to them!)
  • Alex for HD skins
  • Adriaan for HD window banner and gps
  • Reiner for more realistic looks
I couldn't have done this without them so a big thanks to all of them!

Disclaimer:
Gps might not work properly (in my case) so please let me know if it works for you, if not we'll see what we can do about it!

LINK:

1633206000062.png

Last edited:
Tiago Lima has been updating a few things on RD. Mostly rain and grass FX. These tracks could still be improved.

I may be wrong, but he seems to have been away for a while.

Unfortunately, I'm now having a strange shadow issue with his Ibisu Higashi mod. I noted this in the discussion for the mod.

seems a 3dsimed error. He should have kn5converted and run it through ksEditor before release.

And this one? Does it exist in AC or is there a modder working on it?:

Mazda-3-2019-1600-06_xoptimizadax-U303257474732BoE--940x529@abc.jpg
Hi, I just found this in my archives. I don't know if it is what you were looking for, but it's the only thing I found.

No tears here, whatever gave you that idea?
Just not keen on you thinking behind the scenes that people won't get your track based on 1 dollar.
It's more that you spam it on here get help with it then try to make a buck.
I ommited to mention that of the £100 I spent on flight sim mods it ammounted to about 5 planes, I paid 22 quid for one plane, although it was a Spitfire!

Yet I am constantly trawling around to find free AC mods, because that is what most are worth really. Shoddy GT2 rips and rips from 15 year old games with a bit of grass fx added and of course the nice rain fx pics to cover up a multitude of sins...

Aside from the RSS etc stuff of course...

I have a queston about Guerilla Mods' GT4 mods.

All the cars missing some textures i guess. Because all of them has a all around reflection. On decals etc. no surface details or sth.

Mods are good but they do the skins only one layer i guess. no finish efects or what so ever.

Is it caused by the model or mod or my settings?

No tears here, whatever gave you that idea?
Just not keen on you thinking behind the scenes that people won't get your track based on 1 dollar.
It's more that you spam it on here get help with it then try to make a buck.
I ommited to mention that of the £100 I spent on flight sim mods it ammounted to about 5 planes, I paid 22 quid for one plane, although it was a Spitfire!

Yet I am constantly trawling around to find free AC mods, because that is what most are worth really. Shoddy GT2 rips and rips from 15 year old games with a bit of grass fx added and of course the nice rain fx pics to cover up a multitude of sins...

Aside from the RSS etc stuff of course...
''It's more that you spam it on here get help with it then try to make a buck.'' 🤣

Help to? hahahaha omg

View attachment 941695 View attachment 941696 View attachment 941697

Eastern Creek Raceway 2014 v3.5 a R1cho by Rainmaker updated by CrisT86 for AC 1.16.3

• Easter Creek, Easter Creek Amaroo, Easter Creek Brabham, Easter Creek Druitt track variations
  • GrassFX enabled on all track variations

Feel free to update more, maybe if possibile, where possible with lights.

https://sharemods.com/75j83ja11oxs/...aker_updated_by_CrisT86_for_AC_1.16.3.7z.html
Is there somewhere else I could find this, please? (Link is no longer good)

Thanks, much better this way.
There is also an error in his Grass FX text, delete the line that says TEXTURE_GRID = 1.4, 1.4 (or some other decimal numbers). The texture grid describes the number of columns and rows that the grass is drawn from, and should only ever be whole numbers (as far as I’m aware) - the settings Tiago has used gives a weird kind of digital effect on the grass (because it is using part of a grid square to paint some of the grass). If you delete that line altogether (and add the rmbl? to OCCLUDING_MATERIALS) you should be good to go (or at least better than it was to start).

Last edited:
An Update from Fecebook. THIS IS NOT MY MOD. Support the creator and FB group if you can.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Brent Naulaerts MNBA Assetto Modding Group

4aSpsohg ·

RELEASING ONE MORE TIME! FINAL VERSION
Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 MR.

Note: physics are based on the car (couldn't find much)
Credits:
  • BZ SimWorks for using some parts (credits given to them!)
  • Alex for HD skins
  • Adriaan for HD window banner and gps
  • Reiner for more realistic looks
I couldn't have done this without them so a big thanks to all of them!

Disclaimer:
Gps might not work properly (in my case) so please let me know if it works for you, if not we'll see what we can do about it!

LINK:

Not available anymore?

Not available anymore?
I guess so. It was online briefly last night, then disappeared, then back on this morning... and now it's gone again.

I've edited the original post.

EDIT >> There's a new link. Original post updated.

Last edited:
There is also an error in his Grass FX text, delete the line that says TEXTURE_GRID = 1.4, 1.4 (or some other decimal numbers). The texture grid describes the number of columns and rows that the grass is drawn from, and should only ever be whole numbers (as far as I’m aware) - the settings Tiago has used gives a weird kind of digital effect on the grass (because it is using part of a grid square to paint some of the grass). If you delete that line altogether (and add the rmbl? to OCCLUDING_MATERIALS) you should be good to go (or at least better than it was to start).
@twobegreen line fixed the grass in the kerbs, but the rest still looked a bit strange, as if the grass has been trampled.
I now deleted that TEXTURE GRID line but not much changes. There's grass and flowers but all is lying down mostly.
Tiago's grassFX is the weirdest I have seen:

ebisu_grass.png

@twobegreen line fixed the grass in the kerbs, but the rest still looked a bit strange, as if the grass has been trampled.
I now deleted that TEXTURE GRID line but not much changes. There's grass and flowers but all is lying down mostly.
Tiago's grassFX is the weirdest I have seen:

View attachment 1083917
Try replacing the whole GRASS FX section in the ext_config.ini with something like this (I had recently added personal Grass FX to all the Ebisu tracks myself, and confess I retained that when I added Tiago's updates!) - this one is for Maze Circuit:

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = grass3_0,Material #2970,grass3_0,Material #2826
GRASS_MESHES =
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS = Material #2936
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS = roada26, roada24
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA =
SHAPE_SIZE=1
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = 0.2
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 0
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = -1
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 1
MASK_BLUR = 1

Try replacing the whole GRASS FX section in the ext_config.ini with something like this (I had recently added personal Grass FX to all the Ebisu tracks myself, and confess I retained that when I added Tiago's updates!) - this one is for Maze Circuit:

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = grass3_0,Material #2970,grass3_0,Material #2826
GRASS_MESHES =
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS = Material #2936
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS = roada26, roada24
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA =
SHAPE_SIZE=1
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = 0.2
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 0
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = -1
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 1
MASK_BLUR = 1
Hmm, using that code gives me this:
ebisu_nograss.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back