• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,755 comments
Added another detail to the headlights for our Panoz Avezzano GT4 udpate
Screenshot_gt4_panoz_avezzano_ks_nordschleife_18-9-121-11-18-52-accum.jpg
Screenshot_gt4_panoz_avezzano_ks_nordschleife_18-9-121-11-19-16-accum.jpg
Screenshot_gt4_panoz_avezzano_ks_nordschleife_18-9-121-11-20-4-accum.jpg
Screenshot_gt4_panoz_avezzano_ks_nordschleife_18-9-121-11-21-55-accum.jpg

thanks! I only scrolled back to early 2020 heh

Is it the Griffith which has been released on RD and taken down afterwards? I placed the updated files into the folder and they are working fine.

View attachment 1087435
My Griffith TVR story: Brock Yates and I took the train to Griffith Ford (way the hell out on Long Island) to pick up the TVR that Jack Griffith had 'prepared' for us to road test for CAR and DRIVER. I hung around the showroom talking to Mark Donohue, who had done some engineering work on the car. Mark was being uncharacteristically quiet about the car; I gathered he wasn't too happy about the way it turned out. After about an hour, Brock came back in a taxicab. I was worried that he'd had an accident. "No, no," said Brock. "It's just that the car was so bad that I abandoned it right after the first real corner. It just took me forever to find a taxi in this godforsaken place."

Last edited:
It's pretty opaque, isn't it. Even when the mods are not encrypted! I doubt that any of the current crop of race cars will have comprehensive data available to the public, hence IER cars are typically 3-4 years old. I think their cars are probably the most faithful in terms of data. That said, people do rate the RSS and (the newer) URD cars quite highly and they are representations of current cars.
The RSS GT cars don't represent the real life cars so well but they may have done this purposely due to them supposed to be Ferruccios and not Ferraris as an example. The GT1 cars have way too much drag for starters but to your point I am sure they would do a good job on realistic physics on a licensed model.

Hi everyone,
I have a lidar scan of the Pacific GP - Seattle's Premier Karting Track. I converted the data from a point cloud to a mesh but I don't have time to make it all the way through to an AC track.

Link to the track.

1634695012716.png

Here is the scan of the track. I do have the surrounding landscape too, including the Pacific Raceways.

I wonder if anyone is interested in making this track if I can dm you the scan?

Wondering if someone can test something real quick for me. I love driving Reboot's Lime Rock Park, but there autumn representation is horrible. All the trees, grass, bushes, etc. turn yellow\orange in the fall and that's not right. The grass and bushes should still be greenish. So I did a quick edit of the ext_config file to try and make it look more realistic. It's my first attempt at this so could someone try this file and tell me what's not right. Maybe cycle through different seasons and make sure I didn't screw up another season. Or if this has been done by someone else already who knows what they are doing, could you point me in the right direction on where to download an update ext_config file for Lime Rock. Thanks...

Attachments

• limerockpark.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
AMS Jacarepaguá, Rio de Janeiro track conversion (WIP Release v1.0.1)

View attachment 1087478

Hi everyone! Here's a project I've been working on for some months: Jacarepaguá from Automobilista.

The track comes with four layouts, including the requested oval. This project is special for me because it's a track I used to go as a kid and I was disappointed to know there aren't better versions from it so I took the opportunity to try and bring it from AMS to AC.

This is my first ever mod/project. I had to learn 3D modeling and everything else from zero just to make this conversion. So you will probably notice that it's not perfect but it's a start. There are lots of things that need tot be done but I just don't have a lot of free time yet, so I wanted to make it to at least to a playable state.

I'm going to update it as time goes by, and since now that it's released, I wanted to take your feedback and some tips to improve it. Also, feel free to mess around with it. Any changes you make just tell me and I'll put you on the credits list. I have no problems with uploading it to somewhere else either. The only thing I ask is to keep the credits.​

- Credits:
Reiza Studios - original track creation
@mordido - track conversion
@shi (shin956) - cameras, skin
@macko68 - testing, feedback
SWOT Racing - testing, feedback

- Download:

Hey guys! Just did a little update. Here are the changes:

----------
v1.0.1 - Small updates and fixes

-added cameras by @shi (shin956)
-added skins by @shi (shin956)
-deleted double flags
-deleted some unnecessary lod meshes from AMS
-deleted seagulls, planes, helicopter
(thoses will be added through extension file)
-added more cars and lights to the paddock area
-fixed double fences issue on pitlane entrance
-added tents to Main and Short layout paddocks
-UI updated

The file can be downloaded from the original post quoted above.

Cheers, have fun!

Last edited:
Is it the Griffith which has been released on RD and taken down afterwards? I placed the updated files into the folder and they are working fine.

View attachment 1087435
It is not this one. In fact it is not any of RD TVRs available.
Hmm.. Interesting..
Got brought to this link before through a YouTube comment (https://mega.nz/file/SMhUWI5S#Kf5xHzLHXt4o4Y3sF01IoFqt4v28OJ1wmadtdIOf0Q4), and something interesting happened when I imported through Content Manager:
It updated both the Honda Civic and Peugeot 308 Official TCR cars, rather than adding a new car like the rest of the pack..
This is not an update.
This is a full TCR MOD. All the content of folders and files are exactly the same, as the nine cars I have for 2 years.

This is not an update.
This is a full TCR MOD. All the content of folders and files are exactly the same, as the nine cars I have for 2 years.
Understood. But I believe what I was saying has been misunderstood:

I installed the new Official TCR mod that got launched yesterday. Then, I found the link that I posted above (that you have had for 2 years), and installed that through Content Manager this morning. When I installed, it 'updated' both the Honda and Peugeot from the new Official TCR mod. Not sure if its just a coincidence of having the same name for the root folders, or if its something else entirely. I'm leaning towards the former.

He has received real data and feedback on his TCR mods from irl drivers & people involved within wtcr.
Lots of modders says this, don't they. Given how much data is involved and how you only need one missing, poorly guessed, or wrongly implemented figure to make a complete mess of a car, I tend not to take them at their word. I don't have great faith either in rl driver feedback either. I'm sure it can provide some limited guidance but seems highly subjective to me.

Fewer modders republish the real data, calculations, and telemetry comparisons they work from as you see IER for example do semi-regularly. If you can point us to any of this sort of thing Tommy has published, I'd be happy to see it.

No disrespect to what he is able to produce as a one man band by comparing it with the big teams who have different people for 3d modelling, sound, physics, etc. Just stating a personal preference.

Last edited:
Can anyone hook me up with:

1 - Omnitel / Palanga Circuit
2 - latest version of Ibarra - is terra21 2021 version latest? i saw some updates on here from other users

i checked the google doc spreadsheet but both links are down.

thanks
Omnitel : https://sharemods.com/3h1fpjqe2qkq/omnitel_1000km_by_Neil_Shaw.7z.html
Ibarra : https://sharemods.com/vx6fs9piqwww/ibarra_by_Terra21.7z.html

I corrected on my google spreadsheet file

Edit : Just saw the @Fanapryde link. 😉

Last edited:
I didn't think a course mod would have files included that could cause a trojan, but ran it through my virus software, Malewarebytes and Virus Total. Clean all around. Maybe check with what software gave you this notice. It may be specific about source or file it feels is a trojan.
It was recognised from win 10 default antivirus, after download the system delete the file automatically. I m not confident about that files. :-(

Seems like the models might be scratch made (as claimed) but big chunks of the data might be recycled from Rollovers' 2018 TCR mod.
The plot thickens.
Or not.
Its impossible for them to not be, considering how much theyve tried to sweep their 2020 tcr europe e-series into the dustbin
Lots of modders says this, don't they. Given how much data is involved and how you only need one missing, poorly guessed, or wrongly implemented figure to make a complete mess of a car, I tend not to take them at their word. I don't have great faith either in rl driver feedback either. I'm sure it can provide some limited guidance but seems highly subjective to me.

Fewer modders republish the real data, calculations, and telemetry comparisons they work from as you see IER for example do semi-regularly. If you can point us to any of this sort of thing Tommy has published, I'd be happy to see it.

No disrespect to what he is able to produce as a one man band by comparing it with the big teams who have different people for 3d modelling, sound, physics, etc. Just stating a personal preference.
well when tommy has said hes spoken to a driver who you would well recognize their name as being from wtcr along with an as of 2021, former wtcr engineer i think that says all you need to know regarding how important getting the right feeling & information/data into his mod. if you dont believe, go and join his discord, hes posted within the last 24hrs. as for your point regarding republishing real data etc etc, he would be liable legally if he did that considering he hasnt gone through correct and proper channels ie being an "official mod".
The above makes your point invalid/mute from my point of view.
you could say the same thing about a similar thing. Group i used to race with years back on rF1, RSM. They wanted to create their own COTF V8s mod as they felt that the V8Factor version wasnt very representative of the real cars. So the various admins went through processes of talking to drivers & teams at race events here in australia, gathering information and data that could be put back into their creation, same way tommy has done his.
now you could apply your statement to that above example, and say "i tend not to take them at their word/i dont have great faith in irl driver feedback" etc etc. that is your opinion, however doesnt mean that that the creator is wrong and hasnt created something great just because they cant release the reference information theyve gained access to.

Hopefully you can see where im coming from with this. Just because you cant see all the background info and nitty-gritty detail, doesnt mean that it hasnt come from official sources.

However my point still stands regarding WSC & their supposed official mod. Just to mention aswell, we havent seen anyone rep from the involved manufacturers come out and say "congrats on the mod, yes we supplied data/info etc etc, laser scanned our car etc etc". Lack of noise from so called 'involved' manufacturers is quite telling at this point. You would also think that those teams would want people to be racing in their liveries in their cars, which we can see is also non-existent as they all have been given a default competition skin

Awesome! This is great to know, I'll keep this noted for the upcoming updates. And those textures I used as placeholders, It would be great if you could change them for the better, yes! I'm still just learning, and the texture/material realm still very new to me.
It's better if you can update it, because you can "insert it" in the main file without the needs of a track skin, and it's better (in order to do the work only one time) if i put my hands on the project when you have (at least) the 99% of the work planned done, so i can check and update my config in order to be the final one and avoid tons of updates

Maybe we can work on it together in my free time (DM me in that case) ;)

I've seen quite A LOT of models from that game ripped and converted to AC in the past, the only public one we got is the Carlsson SLK Judd used in hill climbing, while the rest was ripped by a certain brazilian modder called Fernando Valentim (also known as by his "studio" name 1st Racing Studio) who used Ninja Ripper to rip them all. I used to chat with him quite a bit of times on WhatsApp and Discord since he's part of a group in the former and server called Electronic Racing League. He strangely didn't want to share any of his converted mods at all and always kept them private, he sometimes told me he would've privately shared one to me whenever I asked him, but probably due to his weak english level, and personal life that never happened at all, he even did the same with iRacing models as well.

Although he also told me he got reported a couple of times from the developers of R3E for stealing their models and converting them to AC, he even allegedly used some for a championship event for ERL.
I believe RRE has the Porsche 934 that is greatly missing from the AC community.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back