Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,797 comments
I have this track without AI lines and pit lane.
Despite being a well knowed track (classic), it is a bit different (modern design).

Who would like and whill to create the AIs please PM me.

Thank you.
I also have a different version and everything is fine on it, but on this one from Easy, huge problems on areas made of concrete slabs.
I suspect that he changed something with the roadway and not for the better. By the way, Easy has remade this particular version!

Last edited:
looks like a track issue to me, it happened on a curb and on some patches of concrete on the track so I guess there's bumps in the track mesh (or something, I'm not too certain about what you call what...)
But when I drove the car in Le Mans I never experienced things like that so I think it's the track that causes that
I have no such problems when driving the track. But I don't have the same car. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Hello,
Does anybody know how to fix a missed shadow?
I tried to update it by CM Showroom, but no results :(

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    130.2 KB · Views: 9
Wait, what?

Also I've updated the files on RD. I completely forgot to include the other cars UI files before, so I've added a folder structure to make install easier.
Also also after some more research it appears URD's 2020 car doesn't exist in reality, 2019 saw the introduction of the car and then '21 is when the new exhaust was introduced so I've updated the 2020 UI to show 2019.
Sorry, I was miffed by your app's seeming lack of organization (like "Assets" isn't a folder anywhere in AC). I was hoping for something more like 'drag and drop'. Lazy, I guess. Muy bad.

Last edited:
Do you use ACC track conversions? Forza rips?
Why is this so different? Because he asks for money? Is that it? That is the line?

I don't know how devs allow any of the stuff that goes on in AC modding.
So to you there's no difference between publicly charging (without permission) for something that someone else, studio, whoever....spent moths/years working on, and a rip/conversion, that someone brought into AC?

..btw, since when has modding become a scratch-built only business?

Last edited:
ACTK Falkenhill Speedpark v1.01
Update groove.kn5
Update pivot point wind turbine in actk_falkenhillspeedpark.kn5
Update ext_config.ini
Thanks for the updates. It would still be nice if you or someone else would take another look at the background.

Screenshot_ferrari_488_gt3_acc_actk_falkenhillspeedpark_27-9-121-21-6-10.jpg

So to you there's no difference between publicly charging (without permission) for something that someone else, studio, whoever....spent moths/years working on, and a rip/conversion, that someone brought into AC?

..btw, since when has modding become a scratch-built only business?
No, i am mearly pointing out that the post i responded to was outraged that it is allowed.
My point was why no outrage about using ripped content from ACC or Forza etc.
Just adding a 'buy me a beer' option doesn't suddenly mean it isn't basically the SAME THING.

Same with skins, do these people have the license to use the brands they use?
Its all just copy and paste logos anyway, but suddenly laughably someone on here called it 'Art'...

Why is it the poacher always turns game keeper when it is their 'stuff'.

Last edited:
I also have a different version and everything is fine on it, but on this one from Easy, huge problems on areas made of concrete slabs.
I suspect that he changed something with the roadway and not for the better. By the way, Easy has remade this particular version!
No, no. Forgot to describe the track. It is not what you think.:)

The track I have is a Rouen-Les-Essarts version.

They´re good but the fm7 bases aren´t that good tbh. Even tho they scanned plenty of tracks, the final meshes in game aren´t that dense so you´re ultimately smoothing out an rfactor level mesh.
I´m curious about the ignition tracks, I´m guessing they remastered tracks from previous games but don´t know if cota was featured anywhere besides codemasters games before.
Nah, I don't think they are as inaccurate as rF1 - I have driven them quite a bit and all the IRL reference points and lines work. That said, I did see inaccurate FM7 tracks, their quality varies quite a bit. But Daytona Road Course and Sonoma are good.

They are probably aerial scans, one data point every 1-2 sq m of track. (Instead of the 1-15-20cm of the ground scans.)
The accuracy of this Cota from ignition is 15-20cm between verts.
So sadly this does not look laser scanned maybe at best they are claiming drone scan.

However I think this must be better than COTA codemasters conversion acu did for AC accuracy wise.

mGjxzQO.png

I am gonna dirt import this whole thing on weekend and than compare to iracing/real life and current version we have from codemasters in AC.

In this trailer here cota is said to be scanned.

I don't know. I feel much more difference (in positive direction) from a very skillfully created, but not scan-based track (e.g. Reiza tracks) to a 15-20cm scan, than from a 15-20cm to a 1-2cm scan.

As long as sth is at least aerial scanned (until a reasonable detail - and actual laser, not photogammetry) it will feel accurate - i.e. IRL reference points and lines will work ~98% correctly.

Last edited:
Sorry, I was miffed by your app's seeming lack of organization (like "Assets" isn't a folder anywhere in AC). I was hoping for something more like 'drag and drop'. Lazy, I guess. Muy bad.
Ah yeah that was my excitement in getting something on RD for the first time, the new updated ones are more drag and drop-ish though still not fully since there are files for skins, but now you can copy and past the cars folders from the download into your cars folders properly.

Also put out a new update, which should be the last. Somehow I missed a logo on the button box to the side of the driver so I've changed that to the Porsche logo, also redid the steering wheel and added a small Porsche shield in the boittom left corner, seems like that was used on this gen RSR all the time. I can't figure out the mapping near the rev LEDs to add the Porsche font between the screen and LEDs though. This update I also reworked the banners and in the skins folder there are both white and black versions of the banners now.

The accuracy of this Cota from ignition is 15-20cm between verts.
So sadly this does not look laser scanned maybe at best they are claiming drone scan.

However I think this must be better than COTA codemasters conversion acu did for AC accuracy wise.

mGjxzQO.png

I am gonna dirt import this whole thing on weekend and than compare to iracing/real life and current version we have from codemasters in AC.

In this trailer here cota is said to be scanned.

Point density isn't accuracy, why not actually compare it to the lidar data and to the Codemasters version instead?
(Also, it's not 15-20cm, these tracks import at 0.01 scale)
Nah, I don't think they are as inaccurate as rF1 - I have driven them quite a bit and all the IRL reference points and lines work. That said, I did see inaccurate FM7 tracks, their quality varies quite a bit. But Daytona Road Course and Sonoma are good.

They are probably aerial scans, one data point every 1-2 sq m of track. (Instead of the 1-15-20cm of the ground scans.)

I don't know. I feel much more difference (in positive direction) from a very skillfully created, but not scan-based track (e.g. Reiza tracks) to a 15-20cm scan, than from a 15-20cm to a 1-2cm scan.

As long as sth is at least aerial scanned (until a reasonable detail - and actual laser, not photogammetry) it will feel accurate - i.e. IRL reference points and lines will work ~98% correctly.
The comparison to rf1 is about point density, which as I said above is not accuracy, but detail.

Plenty of that detail is lost in an rf1/fm7 level of density, at least from what I've seen in most fm7 tracks (long beach was mostly 1 big square every 2-4 meters, which felt like crap in the previous, non-smoothed conversion)

Also,
"I feel much more difference (in positive direction) from a very skillfully created, but not scan-based track (e.g. Reiza tracks) to a 15-20cm scan, than from a 15-20cm to a 1-2cm scan."

Have you had a chance to try rfPro in a specialized sim? Cause otherwise I seriously doubt you've driven a track made out of a 1-2cm scan, definitely not with that point density in the actual mesh.

Rf2 scanned tracks are more or less around 1m-50cm dense, ac and acc look similar tho I've never actually measured it and I doubt iracing would use any more than that.

Last edited:
Hello,
Does anybody know how to fix a missed shadow?
I tried to update it by CM Showroom, but no results :(
Oh boy, one of the strangest bugs I have ever encountered, anyway this is how I fixed it about month ago:
  • on RaceDepartment download an older version of that car that doesn't have this bug ( 1.2 for example, not sure ) and install it into AC, backup the latest version you're using somewhere
  • after that, replace the content of the folder in your installed version with the one in backup, so not the whole folder but content inside of it
And hope the undershadow is still there :) . Anyway that's how I've fixed it, more precisely I was replacing one part then another (kn5, data, sound etc...) of the version without bug with the latest version to try and identify the cause of issue, and the shadow just stayed there even when I've replaced everything. So I'm still completely confused of what could have been the issue, but I hope this method works for you :) If not then PM me

Point density isn't accuracy, why not actually compare it to the lidar data and to the Codemasters version instead?
(Also, it's not 15-20cm, these tracks import at 0.01 scale)

The comparison to rf1 is about point density, which as I said above is not accuracy, but detail.

Plenty of that detail is lost in an rf1/fm7 level of density, at least from what I've seen in most fm7 tracks (long beach was mostly 1 big square every 2-4 meters, which felt like crap in the previous, non-smoothed conversion)

Also,
"I feel much more difference (in positive direction) from a very skillfully created, but not scan-based track (e.g. Reiza tracks) to a 15-20cm scan, than from a 15-20cm to a 1-2cm scan."

Have you had a chance to try rfPro in a specialized sim? Cause otherwise I seriously doubt you've driven a track made out of a 1-2cm scan, definitely not with that point density in the actual mesh.

Rf2 scanned tracks are more or less around 1m-50cm dense, ac and acc look similar tho I've never actually measured it and I doubt iracing would use any more than that.
Funny you should say that cause I have the lidar scan for Cota accuracy of scan is 2-4cm in cloud compare. Las files are massive requires huge luck cloud compare doesn't crash just to cut sections out.

Codemasters version is not worth even comparing its crap.

This weekend I will compare ignition vs lidar scan.

Since you're talking about accuracy the most accurate track is this. Buildings in bumps wasn't even required due to density of capture.

Where is your source that rf2 is that low dense? The only certain thing with rf2 is that visual and physical is same which is terrible decision.

Afaik nobody truly knows anything about iracing scans.

Last edited:
I wonder if someone could give me some shader values and/or point me to the documentation that will help? I want to use lines in an ext_config.ini to make some skins dead flat, some a not very shiny gloss and others quite sparkly metallic. I will use [Material_Carpaint_Solid] and [Material_CarPaint_Metallic]
the Material of the car body is carpaint, txDiffuse is body.dds (which is a copy of the AO map; does the colour make any difference?) txNormal is FLAT_NM.dds which is a little square purple normal map - I assume this just spreads the body colour as a flat surface without adding a texture.
Thanks in advance!
Not sure if this will help @TimLotus they are skins I did to test out different configs for csp. I found white to be the best base for chrome. Hope it helps

Last edited:
wish i had the skills to convert models. the 2003 season just needs the clk dtm (2nd gen) to be complete. theres a decent model from raceroom not sure if they can be ported over to AC

1159_492HA3L7_large.jpg
They can all be only ripped so far with either Ninja Ripper (like how Fernando Valentim did) or 3D Ripper DX if that also works as well, just make sure to not get caught by the ex-SimBin members while doing so, just like it happened with Fernando like he told me.

Last edited:
Quite impossible because it depends on the system you have and personal preference.
i have a good system it can run it on ultra smoothly but I can't find the best config that matches real life sky cause i saw some people getting some amazing sky graphics with sol config...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back