Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,769 comments
@chas1723 do you mind giving a hint why you rated this car as 💩 ? (if it wasn't a slip of the finger that is).
I think the car is pretty good... 🤔
outside looks ok....Inside looks not so good.

View attachment 1086731
Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg (Hockenheim) - Version 1.3

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studios
Original conversion: VheEth

CHANGELOG 1.3
- Trackside objects fixed

DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/file/fnaw8e4lsq76l2k/vhe_hockenheim_1.3.rar/file
great track but I am having issues with the main grandstands seats flickering. anyone else having that?

great track but I am having issues with the main grandstands seats flickering. anyone else having that?
I've made a fix for it for V1.2, but it works with 1.3 too

And as the spectators of vhe Hockenheim are way too bright for me, there is a fix too

First attempt at VAO's for cars. Mostly to darken up overly bright interiors of cars. I tried to not let it affect the outside of cars much, except where I thought it helped. I'm not an expert in this area, so please bear with me, but I think it helps, mostly in VR.

Pack includes:
-AC Legends GTC
-ATCC Group A
-ATCC Group C
-Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO
-WTCR by maki123 & delpinsky
-TC Legends 1960's
-TC Legends 1970's
-V8 Brutes

Nice thing is that it doesn't alter anything- if you don't like it, just delete the vao patch file from each car's folder.

Note: in doing some of this work, I did notice some inadequate driver animations, reversed or non working mirrors, etc. I would have tried to fix them as I was going, but that's beyond my skill/knowledge level, unfortunately. Maybe some of the original modders can someday revisit these cars and make improvements.

Have fun

Last edited:
I've made a fix for it for V1.2, but it works with 1.3 too

And as the spectators of vhe Hockenheim are way too bright for me, there is a fix too

so it appears you changed the color of the stands. The stands away from the main grandstand also has the flickering problem. Did you just mask the flickering by changing the stands color?

First attempt at VAO's for cars. Mostly to darken up overly bright interiors of cars. I tried to not let it affect the outside of cars much, except where I thought it helped. I'm not an expert in this area, so please bear with me, but I think it helps, mostly in VR.

Pack includes:
-AC Legends GTC
-ATCC Group A
-ATCC Group C
-TC Legends 1960's
-TC Legends 1970's
-V8 Brutes

Nice thing is that it doesn't alter anything- if you don't like it, just delete the vao patch file from each car's folder.

Note: in doing some of this work, I did notice some inadequate driver animations, reversed or non working mirrors, etc. I would have tried to fix them as I was going, but that's beyond my skill/knowledge level, unfortunately. Maybe some of the original modders can someday revisit these cars and make improvements.

Have fun
I tried several (not all yet) cars, works wonders. Looks much better, thanks 👍

Dumb question, but how do you create vao for cars?
Not a dumb question. I began with this tutorial by Gunnar333.

I use CustomTrackBakery. This post refers to tracks, but CTB works for cars as well. The trick is learning what commands to use in your "arguments" to get the desired results. Honestly I don't know what many of these do but through a lot of trial and experimentation found my own "recipe". After baking in the shadows, you'll have to find where things went wrong and make adjustments. In doing the cars, it would sometimes create weird artifacts on the body, or darken the gauges too much, so I'd use the "skip" command to eliminate them from the process. It was pretty time consuming, admittedly.

I'm still learning myself, and am not an expert at this at all, and I'm sure someone who really knows what they are doing could probably make it better (like whoever did the vao's for the Kunos content via Github). Therefore I don't want to say too much, because it could be bad advice.

It was difficult to find much information on this process, so I just started messing around with it.

so it appears you changed the color of the stands. The stands away from the main grandstand also has the flickering problem. Did you just mask the flickering by changing the stands color?
No, I removed the mesh of the seats from the grandstands. The z order of their polygons was too close to the grandstands, which causes the flickering.
Which other grandstands do you mean?

You can also use optixbakery for vao patches just copy the 4 files into whatever car or track you want and drop the kn5 into bakery optix it'll generate a vao you can remove the 4 files then once done and keep the vao patch in the folder or move it to extension vao patches.
Think it only works for nvidia though..

Last edited:
No, I removed the mesh of the seats from the grandstands. The z order of their polygons was too close to the grandstands, which causes the flickering.
Which other grandstands do you mean?
The ones that are separated from the starting area. You see the back of them quite a bit until you get to the hairpin then you see the stands side of them.

Achievement Unlocked: Take Your Honda Home
Screenshot_tw_honda_nsx_pvlsx_ddm_gt6_r246_31-9-121-9-7-54.jpg

ACU MEXICO 2021 - Ready for Pyyers future extension

LINK : https://www.mediafire.com/file/qmlkwmkxzzgp0sk/acu_mexico_2021.zip/file

.KN5 split due to heavy weight and load for the track
New on main straight : grandstand with roof, f1 experience grandstand, building grandstand
New F1 podium grandstand on stadium area with access,
Better textures for grass ( with grass fx extension ), walls, astroturfs, rumbles ( 2019 standard ), marquees...
Some objects removed ( fences for example ) and other added like trucks and marquee race days...
Completly removed flags ( nonsense without crowd )
A lot of shaders are tweaked ( trees, distance background... )

IF anyone want to adds crowd, please do it, this track deserve it, im not able to do it himself...
that's all... enjoy ;)
Screenshot_gp_2021_sf21_acu_mexico_2021_30-9-121-15-4-32.png

Screenshot_gp_2021_sf21_acu_mexico_2021_30-9-121-15-5-58.png

Last edited:
You can also use optixbakery for vao patches just copy the 4 files into whatever car or track you want and drop the kn5 into bakery optix it'll generate a vao you can remove the 4 files then once done and keep the vao patch in the folder or move it to extension vao patches.
Think it only works for nvidia though..

Awesome, thanks @Tomcul, this works great, seems much easier to use, and also works on driver. Looks nicer on outer body, and internals, like the engine bay. Looks much better. Super fast. So far I don't like it as much on tracks, but it's amazing on cars imo.

Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, please is there some updated cars (sound, tyres, wipers) for this? : V8 Supercars Ford FG Falcon V8SC and Holden VE Commodore V8SC '07, thanx in advance

Attachments

• ford1.png
    ford1.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Holden.png
    Holden.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 21
ACU MEXICO 2021 - Ready for Pyyers future extension

LINK : https://www.mediafire.com/file/qmlkwmkxzzgp0sk/acu_mexico_2021.zip/file

.KN5 split due to heavy weight and load for the track
New on main straight : grandstand with roof, f1 experience grandstand, building grandstand
New F1 podium grandstand on stadium area with access,
Better textures for grass ( with grass fx extension ), walls, astroturfs, rumbles ( 2019 standard ), marquees...
Some objects removed ( fences for example ) and other added like trucks and marquee race days...
Completly removed flags ( nonsense without crowd )
A lot of shaders are tweaked ( trees, distance background... )

IF anyone want to adds crowd, please do it, this track deserve it, im not able to do it himself...
that's all... enjoy ;)
View attachment 1090824
View attachment 1090825
Good work. It just would have been nicer if you had offered the flags as an option. Just because it's nonsense for you, doesn't mean it has to be for others. The lack of spectators already makes it look a bit empty (which doesn't bother me that much), but the lack of flags makes it even more so. 🙋‍♂️

Last edited:
Porsche 911 996.2 GT3 (2004) v1.0 by Assetto Corsa Our Racing Simulator is out!!!
Thanks for pointing this out. For anyone not familiar on how to get the dl link from this particular fb page,

1. clilk the "photos" link on the left side of the page
2. scroll down up to the comments section - there you can find the link

Thank you, not exactly what I'm looking for, but the "hide the head" part is very useful - I didn't know that before.

Hello guys .

My game, which was normal yesterday, started to look broken today. Please see the photo. I have no idea what's going on

Attachments

• buggy.png
    buggy.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 18

Attachments

• ext_config.ini.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Not a dumb question. I began with this tutorial by Gunnar333.

I use CustomTrackBakery. This post refers to tracks, but CTB works for cars as well. The trick is learning what commands to use in your "arguments" to get the desired results. Honestly I don't know what many of these do but through a lot of trial and experimentation found my own "recipe". After baking in the shadows, you'll have to find where things went wrong and make adjustments. In doing the cars, it would sometimes create weird artifacts on the body, or darken the gauges too much, so I'd use the "skip" command to eliminate them from the process. It was pretty time consuming, admittedly.

I'm still learning myself, and am not an expert at this at all, and I'm sure someone who really knows what they are doing could probably make it better (like whoever did the vao's for the Kunos content via Github). Therefore I don't want to say too much, because it could be bad advice.

It was difficult to find much information on this process, so I just started messing around with it.
I am so excited to start doing this but i know nothing about it. For example, instead of using "models.ini" for a track(in CTB), what should i use for a car?

Last edited:

Pack includes:
-AC Legends GTC
-ATCC Group A
-ATCC Group C
-TC Legends 1960's
-TC Legends 1970's
-V8 Brutes

Have fun
@KevinK2 ferrari_488_challenge_evo or ks_ferrari_488_challenge_evo ?????? (Kunos)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back