Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,770 comments
To me, the view from the drivers POV is most important. Whatever is better from that POV takes preference.
You are not alone. I also kept old version for better pano and crowd
Screenshot 2021-12-01 213534.png

2D mountain from the old version

Screenshot 2021-12-01 214023.png

3D mountain in the current 1.07

Screenshot 2021-12-01 214129.png

Video reference in 2021

I really appreciate all the hard work from people. Everything in the 1.07 is better than the old one(, except the 3D mountain in my opinion). I don't think I have the right and skill to swap the mountain. Could someone provide an option for the 2D version?

Last edited:
Please excuse me for asking, as I understand that this was a bit of an issue during the initial time the mod was being served. What is the DEFINITIVE Zandvoort 2020 mod with the possible F1 2021 skin for the track (like the other many track skins that have come out for this year's grand prix's). Thank you in advance for the help.

View attachment 1097266
2D mountain from the old version

View attachment 1097267
3D mountain in the current 1.07

View attachment 1097268
Video reference in 2021

I really appreciate all the hard work from people. Everything in the 1.07 is better than the old one(, except the 3D mountain in my opinion). I don't think I have the right and skill to swap the mountain.
I understand I may be treading on old ground here: But the grass textures on 1.07: Any reason why mine may look like its been snowed on/frosted over?
1638422163451.png

@andrevr @Cote Dazur @Fanapryde could you try adding these lines to the top of your ext_config.ini please and see if it helps. I would love you to report the result. You might want to try BODYWORK=0.0

EDIT: In fact try

[AUDIO_VOLUME]
BODYWORK = 0.0

by itself to see if it eliminates the squeaks. I think it does.

EDIT 2: That gets rid of the squeaks for me. I think it may have to do with the vibrating exhaust, which might be pretty historically accurate! see pic:

View attachment 1097238

Just checked the links and they are good. Or you could just go to Velo's Mods Workshop website and click on new cars. The driver packs are there now as well.
That works a treat, Tim.
Although....
Given the photographic evidence presented, it now seems more like a feature than a bug 😂😂 Might just keep it.
Many thanks for a lovely, lovely car.

I really appreciate all the hard work from people. Everything in the 1.07 is better than the old one(, except the 3D mountain in my opinion). I don't think I have the right and skill to swap the mountain. Could someone provide an option for the 2D version?
Let me check what I can do with the new 3D mountains and maybe we will revert back to the 2D mountains.

Hold on until weekend, to find some time to check on it

Edit: I checked. The thing is that the new 3D background is directly from google maps and it is fully aligned (see picture 1)

This is why you see what you see (picture 2)

Of course it can be adjusted to the video view (picture 3)

Maybe @Dudept who is local can help us on what to do with the background

Edit 2: Managed to realign the background (picture 4). Send a link with the terrain file to @toarukun for testing. If it is OK @CrisT86 will receive the new file and will repack the track as update.

Attachments

• 3DSimED3 - [estoril_2021.kn5] 2_12_2021 9_08_01 πμ.png
    3DSimED3 - [estoril_2021.kn5] 2_12_2021 9_08_01 πμ.png
    187.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 3DSimED3 - [estoril_2021.kn5] 2_12_2021 9_08_31 πμ.png
    3DSimED3 - [estoril_2021.kn5] 2_12_2021 9_08_31 πμ.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 3DSimED3 - [estoril_2021.kn5] 2_12_2021 9_10_10 πμ.png
    3DSimED3 - [estoril_2021.kn5] 2_12_2021 9_10_10 πμ.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 3DSimED3 - [estoril_2021.kn5] 2_12_2021 10_55_28 πμ.png
    3DSimED3 - [estoril_2021.kn5] 2_12_2021 10_55_28 πμ.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Ah, thought it would be something like that, but had assumed that "Ideal Conditions" would override any seasonal adjustments. Thank you

View attachment 1097287
Nope, ideal conditions means the best condition for the track, not for the seasons which is a "skin" and which not affect at all the physics of the track and car ;)

You can, avoiding disable the seasons from CM, just change the date in game with the CSP settings

The car has more than one spot to put the numberplate. Therefor you have to hide the ones you don't want to use via ext_config file.
Example:

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
FILE=amg_evo.kn5, amg_evo_lodb.kn5, amg_evo_lodc.kn5, amg_evo_lodd.kn5
HIDE=mercedes_amg_gt3_numberplate_a_RIGHT, mercedes_amg_gt3_numberplate_a_LEFT, mercedes_amg_gt3_numberplate_b_RIGHT, mercedes_amg_gt3_numberplate_b_LEF
Thanks for the reply! Any idea how do I find these? the mod is BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GT3 2018 ACC
Here is the link: https://mega.nz/file/9JFnHSzb#9o6OIQYrrNM-JdCrDUFaAq6W2FTNQgSGViUVYADrfUA

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
FILE=bentley_continental_gt3_18_acc.kn5
HIDE=SPOTTER_AM,SPOTTER_PRO,EXT_Emissive_Light_AUX

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
FILE=bentley_continental_gt3_18_acc_lodb.kn5
HIDE=SPOTTER_AM,SPOTTER_PRO,EXT_Emissive_Light_AUX
these were hidden in the ext_config, don't know if there is more!

EDIT: Solved! Ended up hiding all the number board texture in the ext config and adding the board on the skin directly! Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Hi there. I have a problem with the Nordschleife @ night. I figured out that a lot of lights on the track are missing. There are always the static ones at the crowds and the tents but the animated ones and the ones that are shining into the sky (Hatzenbach & Breitscheid) are missing. Also the traffic lights at Fuchsröhre and Bergwerk stays off.... Tried several CSP versions, no change. Any suggestions? Thanks.

EDIT: Problem solved. Deactivated Pyyer Extension.

Last edited:
Nice one. Sponsors scale seems better than Adelaide 😉
Thanks! These are new works for me, I have never skinned anything of Assetto Corsa, only for ETS2! And ... in certain situations it is not easy to adapt to the original textures.

"sponsors scale seems better than Adelaide". To the Pirelli logos for example for Adelaide?
Let me know so I see how to improve!

Last edited:
Hi friends,
do you know if it is possible to add the "checkered flag" animations at the end of the race ? as with fireworks for example.
I know there are animations like realizes @Masscot and @Pyyer with balloons, animated F1 skin ...... I was asked this but I don't know

View attachment 1097349
I'm not an expert in this field, but i think that's possibile.

Animated marshals are available like shown by the modding from Gunnar or LilSki, the only doubt it's if there's a way to create a specific trigger (the end of the race) for activate the specific animation ONLY in that case, but i think the answer is yes

only @gunnar333 can say a valuable word on this request i think

I believe Jarama isn't one of the less-loved-circuits, at least I really like it.
Thing is that there isn't a really good version to be found in AC...sadly...
Yeah. I'm on your side of the line here. That's why the quotes. Pardon if I wasn't clear.

What I meant was, more current circuits, for example the 2021 F1 circuits, mostly get the love (attention) from the talented modders, who only have the same 24 hours in each day as we all do, so they need to spend their available time where it reaches the biggest audience.
I'm always (also) cheering for the guys like JV, RMI, Cozy, et al, who are swimming upstream and applying love to other circuits as well.

D'accord?

I believe Jarama isn't one of the less-loved-circuits, at least I really like it.
Thing is that there isn't a really good version to be found in AC...sadly...
IF anyone is interested in converting it from a QUALITY source, i'm available to do my works on config and cams. In reality i really want to work on Jerez from years, but the versions available are really terrible (more or less complete but never high quality ones unfortunately)

re Jarama:

I do have an early "beta" that does need a little (or more) work [sourced from Grid Autosport].
Needs advert board work, some normal/faces verified and other errata.

If anyone is interested in picking it up for work, send me a PM

Last edited:
But is Jarama, not Jerez :D
The few posts above mine were about Jarama. Am I missing something?
The Jerez on RD is fine, but it really needs a modern makeover (especially the satellite imagery, which is responsible for those blotches all over the place).
I went to make a skin, but soon discovered that this Google map file isn't in the Textures folder...

Last edited:
The few posts above mine were about Jarama. Am I missing something?
The Jerez on RD is fine, but it really needs a modern makeover (especially the satellite imagery, which is responsible for those blotches all over the place).
I went to make a skin, but soon discovered that this Google map file isn't in the Textures folder...
I read jerez instead of jarama, my fault. Anyway we still missing a very high quality version of jerez too (the best one i have is pretty far from being quality one)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back