Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,745 comments
Hi y'all,

Can someone of you perhaps tell what went wrong here?

1641842596188.png

Says "Unknown" in car folder. I looked into that directory but cannot find something amiss.
Any ideas? All works fine, but I simply don't like the looks of it (prefer al tidy).

Regards,
Jeroen

Is it that hard to do a google search for it?
No it is not, I had found the link you are so kindly referring to, but if you open it, you might find, it barely resemble the track it is supposed to simulate, I knew an other one existed, very decent. I have found it, thanks to my post, so all is well now.:)

So thank you again for the kind words and kind advice, you have been very helpful. Hopefully your post made you feel good about yourself.

Hi y'all,

Can someone of you perhaps tell what went wrong here?

View attachment 1105055

Says "Unknown" in car folder. I looked into that directory but cannot find something amiss.
Any ideas? All works fine, but I simply don't like the looks of it (prefer al tidy).

Regards,
Jeroen
I'm not sure... is that supposed to be a livery icon ? I doubt it, but I don't see what it is... 🤔
If so, right click and pick the action you like: change livery icon, generate livery icon or generate random livery.

Last edited:
No it is not, I had found the link you are so kindly referring to, but if you open it, you might find, it barely resemble the track it is supposed to simulate, I knew an other one existed, very decent. I have found it, thanks to my post, so all is well now.:)

So thank you again for the kind words and kind advice, you have been very helpful. Hopefully your post made you feel good about yourself.
Is it possible to share the link of the better version or is it the paymod of simtraxx? I can`t find it with google.

it did as it goes. I feel much better now thanks for asking :D

Finally got it working , new driver animation working , with arm crossing like a race driver basically and not a road car style ,

quiet happy on the result ( i am not professional in animation )

I don t remember who was asking about working on this ^^ but as promise it is coming

All gt4's and gt2's will get uptaded !)

Hi guys, i'm having problems with my caRadar app, my pc crashed while playing ac, and after turning it off and on, i cant find a way to open the Radar app while racing, itta appears activated in my apps, but i can't find it in the apps list while racing

See this is where we are at, we told sternly about posting links without permission (so what? IMO).
Yet when some say this about EASY its met with a wall of silence from most and just silly poo emogi's.

So what is it?
Bad to share links without permission or OK?
If its bad then EASY should of been stopped long ago.

Alternatively why should anyone care at all and just post links as they see fit?

The answer might just be hypocrisy.
Well, he has a hefty linguistic handicap and I respect that.
But he's working hard and harder than before, two ugly sad mods in 24hrs that now are 5% less ugly and sad thanks to a job that any monkey could do is a good result.
I even donated few coins to his cause months ago, as I was unaware of the sharemods income.
I have placed likes on his posts and used some of his stuff to fill my grids, his "poos" on my pictures need to be interpreted, probably as a weird mix of shock and gratitude. :lol:

And as you remember I replied to one of your posts as I saw it's unefficiency. I'm sorry for that.
He acts as his poos (recurring element) hurts no noses, he is in a community and yet he's above the living, with the support of all those acting as they open books just to see the pictures.
I'd just like to feel clean.
I just hope we are ideologically kilometers away from a warez community, but I'm not sure about this.
Still too much Simdream love around from the F1 lovers.

Anyway, I have my races to race, my challenges to beat. :cheers:

Last edited:
thought id give everyone an update as the car got some love when I first posted.

so the car now has a tow hook, correct colour central wheel nuts for both sides, period correct slick tyres and electrical shut-off buttons.

ive also removed the engine cover and noticed the ao was baked. so cleared that up and began building the fuel rail and other bits.
trying to keep the file size down as the car is currently at 240mb.

Before:

After:

all skins are now done. doing the number 5 Tiff Needell skin with all his extra sponsors was a real pain in 2d.

left to do is the front seats as the driver is too wide for the ones i originally did even though they suited well. there's nothing behind the seats so i will need two, to hide this. thinking of going with one big and one small like the old le mans cars.

gosh i need that car and that skin 😍 😍

Some messing around with the jag and i think i finally found out how to do refraction. I did convert the headlight textures into normals (since the original car didn't have em) and turned them transparent in paintshop. I used this method mostly for the rear lights as for the front it was not needed.
Screenshot_jaguar_xj220s_ks_barcelona_11-0-122-0-5-34.png
Screenshot_jaguar_xj220s_bst_omi_11-0-122-0-35-54.png

Screenshot_jaguar_xj220s_bst_omi_11-0-122-0-39-57.png

Screenshot_jaguar_xj220s_bst_omi_11-0-122-0-42-20.png

The stitching on the shifter is left to do and AO for the wipers. Most of the bad looking polys are gone might need to squash out some also and visually it should be done.

Any chance this car can be done?

Sadly no unfortunately. Assetto Mods - Car and Track database apparently are working on VT's and AU's but considering everything else they have spit out has been absolute garbage, I'm simply not holding my breath for these to be any better.

Maybe if the V8Corsa guys would start making more of the older cars rather than the current rubbish that would be very welcome. Even if they just re-bodied their current cars to look like VT's and AU's would be mad! Its not like their cars are particularly accurate anyways so who would notice.

It would be epic to have the VT and VX V8 Supercars in Assetto Corsa though! Definitely my preferred eras of V8 Supercars. I was recently at the Bathurst Motor Racing Museum and the HRT Skaife\Lowndes VT is a weapon of a machine even just sitting there!

Attachments

• 20211211_105418a.jpg
    20211211_105418a.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211211_105359a.jpg
    20211211_105359a.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 10
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back