Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,811 comments
Again, I don't even mind that our flying stuff is getting used without permission and without even a courtesy call first, but I do wish RT was at least credited
I posted asking if I could add the trackside helis and the airliner to Tobeka in the discord. Whats the best way to ask for permission?
There?

Whoah.
Calm down.
Did I say I was upset?
I even said I didn't mind, and I wasn't having a go at anyone. It was a simple request to be credited AND I even posted the missing chopper config for you to use.
No problem here.
I don't have to calm down man, i'm more than calm. I said only i credited all the things i remember or i get from mordido, i can't remember every single thing done by others, just that. I will take a look at that ;)

link removed for the update and credtis

Last edited:
1997 FIA GT - Chrysler Viper GTS-R skinpack for RSS Vortex V10

Enjoy, hope you like it.

View attachment 1109160
View attachment 1109163
My friend did it again? he sure did. Another great addition to cars from the 90s

I don't have to calm down man, i'm more than calm. I said only i credited all the things i remember or i get from mordido, i can't remember every single thing done by others, just that. I will take a look at that ;)

link removed for the update and credtis
OK, no problem. You sounded angry when you told me to 'stop' when I thought I was being pretty reasonable and actually trying to help.

I must be getting confused on who is who. There is a RT channel in the TMM modding public discord.
I guess that isn't the right place.
No, it's not. Fuzo hosts links to the RT tracks there, that's all.
Consider permission granted. Hit me up by PM if you need help with the config.
Nobody needs 'permission' as such - this is modding. All we ask is for a credit AND for the stuff to be used properly as originally intended, with the proper config and animation paths etc.

OK, no problem. You sounded angry when you told me to 'stop' when I thought I was being pretty reasonable and actually trying to help.
new link coming soon, sorry for the others who already downloaded, the track will remain v2.0 because yeah, nothing bigger has changed except few lines of code and the changelog.

Stop was for "stop downloading", without the downloading words, so yes, misunderstantable thing ;)

EDIT: Link added, sorry to everyone already downloaded it, you have to do it again ;)

Last edited:
new link coming soon, sorry for the others who already downloaded, the track will remain v2.0 because yeah, nothing bigger has changed except few lines of code and the changelog.

Stop was for "stop downloading", without the downloading words, so yes, misunderstantable thing ;)
Ah, I see. All good! 👍

Something I've wondered a few times: what does the [SOL2] entry in the config do? I understand use of the [SOL] fields, but whenever there's a [SOL2] entry all it seems to do is lock the user from being to edit things like fog dome size, fog blend etc in Track Adaptions on p21 of the Sol Config app. For example on this track one set of the new 3D mountains appear very light grey on my system with the default settings, but changing Fog Blend to 23% and Fog Distance to 57% makes it look better for me with them nicely faded, but still looking like mountains - but I can only edit those fields if I comment out the whole [SOL2] section in the config first... otherwise they're locked.
Just curious what [SOL2] actually does that [SOL] doesn't, and why both are needed?

Last edited:
Ah, I see. All good! 👍

Something I've wondered a few times: what does the [SOL2] entry in the config do? I understand use of the [SOL] fields, but whenever there's a [SOL2] entry all it seems to do is lock the user from being to edit things like fog dome size, fog blend etc in Track Adaptions on p21 of the Sol Config app. For example on this track one set of the new 3D mountains appear very light grey on my system with the default settings, but changing Fog Blend to 23% and Fog Distance to 57% makes it look better for me with them nicely faded, but still looking like mountains - but I can only edit those fields if I comment out the whole [SOL2] section in the config first... otherwise they're locked.
Just curious what [SOL2] actually does that [SOL] doesn't, and why both are needed?
as far as i learned, [SOL2] is needed to work with SOL 2.0 and above, [SOL] only isn't enought to work properly.

To be honest i always leave as they are because (on my side) they never create me problems, but for sure they can be improved (but who has the time to try all the time, it's a miracle that i can spend my free time on santurday and sundays and be able to release things thanks for help of others :D)

Theorically they can be deleter or not inserted at all because (at least on my side) nothing big changes, but i leaved them all the time because (like for the flags you reported) CSP works in strange ways that can't be predicted sometimes :D

this is how it looks in game for me

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_mdd_jacarepagua_29-0-122-16-41-40.jpg

Last edited:
Jacarepagua - 4 layouts (Brazil)

The track is a bit heavy on FPS, no solution yet
, so you need to keep as it is. If i will found time to work more on it (we worked on it more than 4 months), i will release an update ;) Enjoy
Well, 54 fps AVG, clear weather and alone on track is indeed 'a bit' heavy on my system. :D
My 'solution' for who has difficulties too: change the number of all camera_facing from 3100 to 310 (all of them) or even less if needed.
Still enough spectators and gaining 30 fps AVG.

Last edited:
Well, 54 fps AVG, clear weather and alone on track is indeed 'a bit' heavy on my system.
My 'solution' for who has difficulties too: change the number of all camera_facing from 3100 to 310 (all of them).
Still enough spectators and gaining 30 fps AVG.
Alone on track, with my old pc, i have around 80fps average, but i will try this solution too, thanks for the tip

I'm plying without spectators, so that's why i have more fps, but it can work for other people this solution

Last edited:
as far as i learned, [SOL2] is needed to work with SOL 2.0 and above, [SOL] only isn't enought to work properly.

To be honest i always leave as they are because (on my side) they never create me problems, but for sure they can be improved (but who has the time to try all the time, it's a miracle that i can spend my free time on santurday and sundays and be able to release things thanks for help of others :D)

Theorically they can be deleter or not inserted at all because (at least on my side) nothing big changes, but i leaved them all the time because (like for the flags you reported) CSP works in strange ways that can't be predicted sometimes :D
Yeah, CSP remains largely an undocumented mystery. Someone needs to find its Rosetta Stone.
It's worth remembering that if you do want to edit something that's locked in the Sol Config app, deleting/commenting the [SOL2] field in the ext_config will unlock it for adjustment.
No idea why having [SOL] and [SOL2] both active at the same time locks things in the first place... the whole point of the config app is to be able to make changes in real time and instantly see the results.
shrugs
Just another CSP quirk or bug, I guess, unless someone knows differently?

Did you know guys if there's a way to include the extension skin configurations to the CM previews?
I have a lot of skins with some added/replaced models and it would be nice to see them in the preview.

Yeah, CSP remains largely an undocumented mystery. Someone needs to find its Rosetta Stone.
It's worth remembering that if you do want to edit something that's locked in the Sol Config app, deleting/commenting the [SOL2] field in the ext_config will unlock it for adjustment.
No idea why having [SOL] and [SOL2] both active at the same time locks things in the first place... the whole point of the config app is to be able to make changes in real time and instantly see the results.
shrugs
Just another CSP quirk or bug, I guess, unless someone knows differently?
i would love to know it too, as i always says, my config are based on what i see, not what can others see, then, once reported i fix eventual bugs, but i can't do anything on what i don't know deeper :D

Ah, I see. All good! 👍

this is how it looks in game for me

View attachment 1109169
RTFM, lol. :D

Attachments

• Sol 2.x track config parameters.pdf
    87.8 KB · Views: 12
F1 2011 reworked by Me

Only exterior rework (AO, skin AO)

Have
great update but unfortunately we have the wrong rear wing sin we will wait 2 weeks for the realization of the mod

Take shots in game, that's the only way
View attachment 1109177
But how can i do it for ALL the cars? I updated the previews years ago and now i want to change them again.
CM offers you the functionality to update them for all the cars, but how can i do it ingame ?
Maybe i can take shots only for those with the extension, but i'll never be able to recreate the showroom ingame ..

RTFM, lol. :D
Yeah, but why does it lock them from being adjusted in real time in individual Track Adjustments the Sol Config app? The whole point of that function is to be able to tweak those parameters to personal taste in real time... but it seems having them in ext_config stops the user from being able to override them, unless they delete [SOL2] first.
Seems daft.

Last edited:
It took me like 20 minutes to create that showroom including the light config, it's really just a bowl with an emissive object on the roof.
I didn't make it the same as kunos showroom on purpose but you can extract the kunos one's kn5 and make a track folder for it really.
You can save positions in the photo app in game to make sure every pic is taken from the same angle.
Sadly, there is no way so far to make this process automatic, you need to load each car with each skin in game one at a time and it takes a long time.
I'm still hoping Ilja one day wakes up and decides to make a csp compatible showroom since every piece of the puzzle is already avaliable in game
Thanks mate, I really appreciate it.
Really hope Ilja know this "issue". Could be the definitive ver. of CM Showroom

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back