Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,804 comments
Anyone here driving the 1992 season F1 cars from Sim Dream?

Am I insane or is that Lotus-Ford 102D waaaaaaaayyyy to fast?
Is this a regular thing with Sim Dream cars?

I have driven and seen some of their cars from different F1 seasons.
Some are really well made, others are insanely bad.

<edit: spelling>

Attachments

• Knipsel.JPG
    Knipsel.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Anyone here driving the 1992 season F1 cars from Sim Dream?

Am I insane or is that Lotus-Ford 102D waaaaaaaayyyy to fast?
Is this a regular thing with Sim Dream cars?

I have driven and seen some of their cars from different F1 seasons.
Some are really well made, other are insanely bad.
Don't bother expecting much from simdream really. Not only do they just copy physics from kunos basically, but most of the time they don't even do a good job of it

like the 1997 f1 pack the original version the cars felt like they had negative grip, and then the "updated" version the cars felt like they had more grip than modern F1 lmao

Don't bother expecting much from simdream really. Not only do they just copy physics from kunos basically, but most of the time they don't even do a good job of it

like the 1997 f1 pack the original version the cars felt like they had negative grip, and then the "updated" version the cars felt like they had more grip than modern F1 lmao
Good to know I don't just 'see' things.. 😉

Who does make good 80's and 90's F1 cars then?
ASR has some good looking and good sounding cars from that era, right?

Hi mate,

In which condition is happening?
Did you modified setup somehow?
I just wanted to try the car on a track. And loaded it stock into the game.
It looks ok in the showroom.

EDIT:
The problem seems to have dissipated. I reinstalled the mod again and now it currently looks ok.

Last edited:

Their 1990 cars are really just grid filers for my ‘90 season, using ASR’s McLaren or Ferrari.
RSS’ Formula 1990 V12 is also a quality paid option.
1996 had a rework last year to make that season more palatable.

Of course if there are no other cars from a particular season available, the. One has to make do.

Last edited:
Good to know I don't just 'see' things.. 😉

Who does make good 80's and 90's F1 cars then?
ASR has some good looking and good sounding cars from that era, right?
if you want realistic then no one really :P

but ok ok, RSS and vrc ones feel good to drive, and are pretty good quality visually

ASR is okay. Physics wise they're not entirely bad, visually they're not too terrible but they don't even have interior ao (which should be a basic feature is any car let alone one that is being paid for). but at least better than scamdream lol

Last edited:
if you want realistic then no one really :P

but ok ok, RSS and vrc ones feel good to drive, and are pretty good quality visually

ASR is okay. Physics wise they're not entirely bad, visually they're not too terrible but they don't even have interior ao (which should be a basic feature is any car let alone one that is being paid for). but at least better than scamdream lol
For me the best 80s f1 car is the f1-87 made by Matteo Vignaroli aka ACR. Years in the making, tweaking. When you drive it just feels like a brutal f1 car from that period should. How realistic is it? Who knows. Technically everything is correct as far as I know. Anyway as an option for those who like to drive these cars. You can find it in his FB group under files. He also made a full 87 season skin pack for the car. I won't share a direct link, cause who knows if he allows it, but go to his group and find it. Has some other nice cars there as well (especially Ferrari's), worth a browse through his files:

Last edited:
Applied my 'fixes' from Pedro's car to yours.
For pictures, see my previous post

• new wheels
  • new skins (with rims matching the skin colour in some case)
  • transparent rear lights (but still look like ****)
  • changed needles colour to match the alpine ones (orange)
  • some interior shader values altered
  • credited PedroBLR (as he was the first to bring it over from FM7)

some dirty fast csp visual tweaks .

be careful, the ext-config has much dirty copy paste code in it, that has no functions (material names of other car)

:)

Attachments

• Mike08-dirty-fixes-alpine_gta_lemans.zip
    430.9 KB · Views: 12
  • lights.ini
    913 bytes · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_alpine_gta_lemans_00_tucuru_12-1-122-20-42-52.png
    Screenshot_alpine_gta_lemans_00_tucuru_12-1-122-20-42-52.png
    242.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_alpine_gta_lemans_00_tucuru_12-1-122-20-43-6.png
    Screenshot_alpine_gta_lemans_00_tucuru_12-1-122-20-43-6.png
    299.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

be careful, the ext-config has much dirty copy paste code in it, that has no functions (material names of other car)

edit. as always in 95% of all carmods.. ai.ini was wrong.
Yeah didn't touch that stuff lol.
Amateur modding at full force !

Not my mod

12. Feb. 2022 at 20:32
Ferrari F50 (1995) v1.8
Our Racing Simulator

The wait is over. Il ritorno del Cavallino!

The F50, a culmination of racing pedigree, that spanned for half of a century. An icon born out of a dream, a burning desire to succeed. The dream that is Ferrari. And this is my dream. My favourite Ferrari of all time.

After 2 years, I have come back to this to rebuild the mod from the ground up. I could go on about the obsession to detail, the sleepless nights, the endless effort and perseverance that went into this. Talent is nothing without hard work. But if it's passion... well...Hey! It's all good.

So many fixes, improvements, optimisations, new features and cool things it will take far too long to go through it, so I won't beat my chest about it and bore you with it. How about you just find out for yourself?

Firstly I like to say thanks to all the community that has supported my work, Facebook Page, Group, YouTube channel and recently my Patreon. You guys have been very kind and, as you know, the Patreon is more for you guys to support me rather than to hide things behind a paywall, which I will never do. Hence, why the main Tiers are such a minimal amount. Many thanks!

I would also like to thank the modders before and even whilst most of what was added from them years ago has now been replaced by me, as a matter of respect I have not removed their names from the credits, and as always my name is at the bottom.

And before the Credits roll I want to thank Tiago, Ricardo, Simon and Nogal, not just for being a great bunch of guys to hang and mod with, or for the feedback and help and for learning together. But most of all, for the positive vibes and ***** and giggles!

Credits
Assetto Drive - Creator / Convertor
Assetto Corsa Racer - Physics Updates
Kuznetsov Anton - Wiper Animation
RealAKP - Car VAO
Soma Ito - CSP Lighting Updates
Dan Bucsa - Full mod remaster...

MegaNZ link for mod download:

There is something weird Patreon does, the clicked links appear with a decrypt box. But when you copy and paste the link in the internet browser address box, it's OK. I have no encryption on the mods or the download links. I'll work to find a solution.

1644699417759.png

"If you can dream it, you can do it."

Enzo Ferrari

New track by CrisT86 & @pugsang

East London Grand Prix Circuit (South Africa) v1.1

Credits & Changelog:

v1.0 rFactor 2

- @chickenDuck - RF2 track design and 3d modeling

v1.0 AC

- Conversion and 3d modeling to Assetto Corsa by Pugsang
- New AI, Sidelines, etc by @KevinK2
- New EXT_CONFIG featuring RainFX, LightFX, GrassFX and Seasonal adjustments by CrisT86
- New TV Cams by CrisT86
- New VAO by CrisT86
- Floating objects thanks to RT Team

v1.1 AC

- Fixed some holes on the map

Screenshot_delage_15s8_princegeorge_12-1-122-21-57-34.jpg
Screenshot_delage_15s8_princegeorge_12-1-122-21-57-45.jpg
Screenshot_delage_15s8_princegeorge_12-1-122-21-58-5.jpg
Screenshot_delage_15s8_princegeorge_12-1-122-21-58-18.jpg
Screenshot_delage_15s8_princegeorge_12-1-122-21-58-34.jpg
Screenshot_delage_15s8_princegeorge_12-1-122-21-58-52.jpg

Enjoy

Last edited:

East London Grand Prix Circuit (South Africa) v1.0

Credits & Changelog:

v1.0 rFactor 2

v1.0 AC

- New EXT_CONFIG featuring RainFX, LightFX, GrassFX and Seasonal adjustments by CrisT86
- New TV Cams by CrisT86
- New VAO by CrisT86

View attachment 1113739View attachment 1113740View attachment 1113741View attachment 1113742View attachment 1113743View attachment 1113744

Enjoy
Finally !!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda Kash Reaction GIF by Hop To It Productions

I'm overwhelmed by the goodness in this thread.

In this urd_amr_egt_2019 skin pack I noticed there are skins for a model called urd_amr_egt_2019_gt3.
What is it? or to be more precise, where is it?

Last edited:
Linda Kash Reaction GIF by Hop To It Productions

I'm overwhelmed by the goodness in this thread.

In this urd_amr_egt_2019 skin pack I noticed there are skins for a model called urd_amr_egt_2019_gt3.
What is it? or to be more precise, where is it?
i think its only the naming of the file. There is no AMR GT3 from URD.

What i think is, that he copied and edited the AMR folder to do his own GT3 with the old and slower physics.

It seems that this track only allows open wheel cars. So far, only open wheelers load properly. The handful of road/race cars (Kunos and mods) that I attempted to load with this track... all loaded with borked wheels.
On my end the cars were fine but the track itself.. Horrible performance all around. Deffo needs to be optimized

Can someone pass me the career (challenges, time attack, etc.) files please? Somehow I deleted mines.
No, I'm not getting mad, I just want to test a mod. :lol:

But I can't find the career TAB.
View attachment 1112009

Maybe it is just not clear enough what files do you need. Content>Career folder is 610mb large. If this is what you need I can upload it to my mega

Happy to help, if I have what you want. I don't dabble in the championships much, so I'm fuzzy about what's what.

Edit: @noroardanto Snap! :)
Hi lads.

I don't know how to explain better.
I guess I lost the career/challenges/time attack/whatever TAB, from the options, as I show in the picture above.
Weird stuff. Any help I appreciate.

I'd recommend leaving a mini tutorial on where people can install these files into.
It took me a bit to figure out where everything had to go.

Last edited:

East London Grand Prix Circuit (South Africa) v1.0

Credits & Changelog:

v1.0 rFactor 2

v1.0 AC

- New TV Cams by CrisT86
- New VAO by CrisT86

View attachment 1113739View attachment 1113740View attachment 1113741View attachment 1113742View attachment 1113743View attachment 1113744

Enjoy
Thank you - I used to watch SA Touring Car races there in the early 90's. Aldo Scribante too.

Hi lads.

I guess I lost the career/challenges/time attack/whatever TAB, from the options, as I show in the picture above.
I don't have a "career/challenges/time attack/whatever TAB" either. Looks exactly as you've shown.
CM ver 0.8.2358.38968, CSP 0.1.77-preview1

i think its only the naming of the file. There is no AMR GT3 from URD.

What i think is, that he copied and edited the AMR folder to do his own GT3 with the old and slower physics.
is there an "easy" way to do that? I would love to be able to split the Aston's into a GTE Pro and GTE Am Aston, I am aware there is a way to do it with the AC car tuner thing but i'm lacking the working brain cells to operate it effectively. Any suggestions would be EXTREMELY appreciated, thank you

I don't have a "career/challenges/time attack/whatever TAB" either. Looks exactly as you've shown.
CM ver 0.8.2358.38968, CSP 0.1.77-preview1
Hi lads.

Hi, if I understand you (but there’s a fair chance I don’t) the career tab is under Single/drive/career. To check the files look in content /career folder if this isn’t what you wanted - my apologies. Ps You may be able to re download with an integrity check as well

This may be of use as it applies to Career as well as Custom Championships

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back