Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,768 comments
Just a heads up if you're using shaders patch 0.175 and above and are watching saved replays the misc rear lights for the jag will be light up for some reason. I have no clue what's causing this.....
0.175+ saved replay
2022.02.18-23.18.png

0.174 saved replay
2022.02.18-23.17.png

Anyways should i fix up my janky bad looking Countach mod or start working on this?
TVR_Tamora_'02_(Premium).jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

I've just learned how to use the CSP wipers animation tool. It is fantastic! It is so easy now... It's just about to understand a few things but after that you can animate almost any wipers in less than 10 mins....

I realy like this 3 cars that didn't have animated wipers... just in case someone is interested...
I'm not going to share de cars because this is just 0.01% of the work... Just copy what is inside these files in the ext_config.ini for each car.

Cheers!
But the wipers needs to be a separate part?

Just a heads up if you're using shaders patch 0.175 and above and are watching saved replays the misc rear lights for the jag will be light up for some reason. I have no clue what's causing this.....
0.175+ saved replay
View attachment 1115278
0.174 saved replay
View attachment 1115279
Anyways should i fix up my janky bad looking Countach mod or start working on this?
View attachment 1115282
Both, fix the Lambo and work on that TVR!! 😅

One was done (quite long time ago) and by the way can be used for one more better, deep fried autumn CM skin or what ..
Thank you....

Any photoshop experts out there with some advice for me?

I have some tree textures that have some green in the trunks so when fall hits, the trunks turn orange\yellow like the leaves. I'm assuming it's because of the green in the trunk. Could use some suggestions on how best to remove the green from just the trunk portion of the texture image. Can't seem to find a good way to do it.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your reply on my previous question, I was essentially wondering if I was the only one to usually drive with 20 or lower cars, and everybody else was racing 30 to 40. Apparently not, 24 seems common, and 20 doesn't seems too low, or just for a few people (I'm looking at you, @sab001 , damn your cpu must love you very much).

Good thing then :D
Well, guess what, my new skinpack is out ! And there are... 20.

It features a fictional racing serie based in the south-west USA, the Porsche & Emory Supercup !

View attachment 1115231

I really enjoyed driving the wonderful Porsche 356 RSR Emory, thank you very much @petercrill , and I wanted to make it race. So here it is, with plenty of new liveries just for that.

View attachment 1115236

You can download the pack here :

And for the car if needed, it's here :

Enjoy !
could you remember the name of the track?

Well for me is that i love old cars ('50-'90). And love driving them on some nice vintage tracks that only assetto corsa can deliver. Not one other sim does that. So..... Long live AC !! :P
Yep I'm with you, just my personal choice is to now never go back to only playing AC as I've been missing out on loads of different experiences in gaming.
AC took over my PC for nearly 3 years.
Fired up DiRT 2.0 (caned DiRT on XBOX years ago) few months ago as I'd only put 2 hours into it..... then deleted all the AC rally mods and now have 40 hours in DiRT 2.0.

For clarity i remember 2014 awaiting PCars 2 on xbox, from that point to getting a wheel and pedals, the joy of seeing UK tracks on a console game after years of Forza stuff.
Proper grids proper laps, practice, qually.
Then moving on like a drug addict from class c's to class a's in PC land, with all the PC only stuff..,
Then seeing AC on PC compared to xbox and i was hooked.

Still here better kit, but those days are gone, people have morphed back to wanting Forza style free roams and joke cars and pretty pictures.....
Good for them, but we will never, IMO, see another AC like it is on PC....never.... or will we see the 2014 generation that started my sim journey...

In fairness I never would of imagined me spending hours flying pixelated planes and helicopters around the globe, but here i am, floating around about as far removed from sim racing as possible...
How the hell a flight sim took me away from my AC addiction I'll never know. Bizzare.
My wife thought i was mental 'pretending to be a racing driver', her words....
Now she sees me flying a plane looking at flight maps and is about to get me sectioned.....😆

Last edited:
Even though i'm happy with how my VIR mod turned out, it was hard work for someone who is new to this stuff. But this Deutschlandring one has been fun and very easy to do actually. Just a few things added to an ext_config file and a few small tweaks to the tree textures and I have something I can live with.

acs 2022-02-18 19-12-31.png

acs 2022-02-18 19-12-46.png

acs 2022-02-18 19-13-03.png

Now the question is, do I make this public? ChrisT86 said that he is planning to do something like this once his finger heals and I don't want to step on any toes. Being a newbie, what is the protocol for releasing something you know someone else is planning to do and will probably do better?

Tobeka by Frasie - Test release version

I apologize for the delay gang. Frasie tested it and wanted me to wait to post on RD for an updated credits.

So this is a test version before RD post hopefully just in time for everyone's weekend.

Included is the updated 1.8 version seperated into 2 layouts.
The updated version and a version called Rain test.
The rain test version has the surface friction reduced by about 18% to see if it would serve as a stop gap to the lack of rain physics.
This needs testing and is there to get some feedback. The other version is the updated normal version
Cars were running about 13 seconds slower on average. Im not sure how this feels to the player or whether wet tires helps or not.

Full disclosure- this is the same as the ACTK version but the ACTK version doesnt have the rain test. In the early days I told Easy I would give him one and so to try to keep my word in the middle I did give him the updated version as well as following through on Frasie's wish to have one on RD. So the ACTK prefix version and the fra prefix version are identical.

I did an install test and this did seem to install fine via CM.

7h4Cjdw.jpg

Nice update! Just a few things that could improve it.

The thing I noticed the most is a lot of the gray Armco barrier has a repeating uneven texture. All of it looks like the texture is split diagonally.

In VR, I'm also noticing some "shimmering" effects on a few things that are further away, and around some masked items, like a string of flags.

The other thing that could be improved is the tunnel. It's the most "dated" looking feature of the track. The lighting is off, and the textures need to be adjusted to reduce the moire effect you see along the walls. Some of the graphics, like the triangle arrows, are too small and too close together. Also, the road mesh at the entry of the tunnel could be smoothed a little.

I noticed that the Ford EA included in the Australian Saloon Cars pack is flying over the tarmac.
Here's a new tyres.ini file with correct wheels sizes. :)

Plus, a picture of the London track...is this stuff (skidmarks?) normal?
Screenshot_am_ford_ea_saloon_car_london_19-1-122-2-29-49.jpg

Attachments

• tyres.ini
    5.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Even though i'm happy with how my VIR mod turned out, it was hard work for someone who is new to this stuff. But this Deutschlandring one has been fun and very easy to do actually. Just a few things added to an ext_config file and a few small tweaks to the tree textures and I have something I can live with.

View attachment 1115317

View attachment 1115318

View attachment 1115319

Now the question is, do I make this public? ChrisT86 said that he is planning to do something like this once his finger heals and I don't want to step on any toes. Being a newbie, what is the protocol for releasing something you know someone else is planning to do and will probably do better?
looks good!

In the many times that Cris has helped me he has never struck me as the type to say...

"That's my seasonal adjustment!"

:)

Hello everyone.

I've just learned how to use the CSP wipers animation tool. It is fantastic! It is so easy now... It's just about to understand a few things but after that you can animate almost any wipers in less than 10 mins....

I realy like this 3 cars that didn't have animated wipers... just in case someone is interested...
I'm not going to share de cars because this is just 0.01% of the work... Just copy what is inside these files in the ext_config.ini for each car.

Cheers!
Goodnight I think finally someone to answer my pleas!! I posted some time ago, some cars with wipers with separate meshes, that need wipers.. It doesn't make sense AC with CSP without wipers that work.. If you allow, can I offer some of these Mods to make this animation? Since thank you

Hi, good afternoon, how are you? I have two little problems, which for those who know, are possible to solve. I need animations via CSP for these two cars. They have separate meshes on the wipers, and are very good MODS for casual wear. If anyone knows how to fix it, I would be eternally grateful. Strong hug

Toyota MR2

Volvo S40 BTCC

edit: Re post link srry

View attachment 1105249View attachment 1105254

I'm also looking for cleaners for Camaro 2002, the one from assettoland, if I'm not mistaken, this one requires animations in Blender, but I have other mods with separate meshes, thanks

Last edited:
Thank you....

Any photoshop experts out there with some advice for me?

I have some tree textures that have some green in the trunks so when fall hits, the trunks turn orange\yellow like the leaves. I'm assuming it's because of the green in the trunk. Could use some suggestions on how best to remove the green from just the trunk portion of the texture image. Can't seem to find a good way to do it.
You could:
1. Use the wand selection tool (or any of the selection tools that you're good with) to select the area you want to effect, and then...
2. Make a create a new adjustment layer, for Hue/Saturation and use the slider to turn the green saturation down to suit you.
The adjustment layer will be masked to the selection and only be applied there.

Last edited:
@CrisT86 is a great guy to collaborate with. Why not PM him on here and see if you can work something out together?
It would be a great way for you to pick up a few tips from his constructive feedback, and I'm sure everyone here would prefer to have one 'ultimate' version rather than another track where several different versions are being worked on it simultaneously.

Last edited:

View attachment 1115317

View attachment 1115318

View attachment 1115319

Protocol ? That's anarchy here, man !

Joke aside, I don't know, ask him ? He might need a hand... hum...

Joke aside, for real this time, If the question is "Is it too much snow" I would answer yes, as if there isn't any bit on the road it doesn't feel too realistic... IMO, just a bit of snow around mixxed with dirt and trees to feel the cold but justifying the fact that there is not a single flake on the road, is more "credible". I have an old version of Tor Poznan where the winter feels absolutly spot on it's amazing, and the updated one was too snowy it doesn't feels real... So I kept the old one haha.

Still, gimme that ! I would love to drive around in your winter version ! :D

well, guys from my side don't do like Ilja (aka x4fab) who creates something of really cool but bugged then he adds new features in the next version but he keep bugged the old things. I think you guys have a good product and you have to keep working on what you have to make it better for eyes and hands (in terms of feeling) and only in a second moment you should drop a new car. You're doing big steps forward but please keep working on details because nowadays the standard of modding has reached high levels.
A part from this, I love this idea of a fictional car😉
we always consider any reports , and try to reproduce the bugs from people when i can , to find out the problems , but for that we need reports ^^

The thing I noticed the most is a lot of the gray Armco barrier has a repeating uneven texture. All of it looks like the texture is split diagonally.

In VR, I'm also noticing some "shimmering" effects on a few things that are further away, and around some masked items, like a string of flags.

The other thing that could be improved is the tunnel. It's the most "dated" looking feature of the track. The lighting is off, and the textures need to be adjusted to reduce the moire effect you see along the walls. Some of the graphics, like the triangle arrows, are too small and too close together. Also, the road mesh at the entry of the tunnel could be smoothed a little.
The shimmering effect is caused by a wrong shader. Just add this section to the ext_config.ini of the Tobeka track to fix it.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;; SHADER REPLACEMENT FENCES FLAGS ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION=
ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = neufences040-28, neufences040-23, neufences040-19
SHADER = ksPerPixelAT
PROP_... = extFlags, alpha test
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_TEST

And the track has too many audio reverb sections. It's OK in the tunnel section, but the rest is not very realistic.

View attachment 1115317

View attachment 1115318

View attachment 1115319

i've misreading your message, i was sure you've asked for an update like that, but if you already done it, there's no need for my work, just finish it up and release to the whole community :)

The best thing to do, is to release an update which will include the backup of the original ext_config alongside your updated one (maybe put your config at the end of the original, so anyone knows from where you have put your hands on) ;)

If you need anything, just ask via DM ;)

Last edited:
Hello GUYS, I hope that you're fine :)
I have a problem to load cars with the latest encryption method
modders use the latest encryption method and when i load their mods i have this :

Since a long time that i try to fix that but i found any solutions, is there somebody has the same problem ?

Screenshot_asc_nissan_r34_nur_ks_nurburgring_12-1-122-16-2-20.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_drks_nissan_300zx_2_2_ks_nurburgring_12-1-122-16-3-10.jpg
    Screenshot_drks_nissan_300zx_2_2_ks_nurburgring_12-1-122-16-3-10.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 6

I think i got blind to that barrier but wanted to fix it at some point. Just looking at the UV mapping now and its borked. Ill see if i can fix it but remapping is my least favorite thing to do lol

Ill fix some of the effects. What else besides the flags?

Can you describe what a moire effect is? Can't guarantee I can fix the tunnel but will have a look.

Last edited:
I think i got blind to that barrier but wanted to fix it at some point. Just looking at the UV mapping now and its borked. Ill see if i can fix it but remapping is my least favorite thing to do lol

Ill fix some of the effects. What else besides the flags?

Can you describe what a moire effect is? Can't guarantee I can fix the tunnel but will have a look.
The shimmering effect is caused by a wrong shader. Just add this section to the ext_config.ini of the Tobeka track to fix it.

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION=
ACTIVE = 1
SHADER = ksPerPixelAT
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_TEST

And the track has too many audio reverb sections. It's OK in the tunnel section, but the rest is not very realistic.

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION=
ACTIVE = 1
SHADER = ksPerPixelAT
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_TEST

I will fix the shader is KS editor rather then the ext config.

I worked a lot on the reverb and on my 5.1 surround it is subtle and I prefer it.
I will wait for more feedback and if the consensus is that it's too much I will use the existing as an optional reverb version and do a version with only the tunnel with reverb so people can set it up how they want.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back