Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,742 comments
1653195857026.png

Info to the car: https://www.porsche.com/international/models/911/911-sport-classic/911-sport-classic/

Last edited:
See, this is why we need an equivalent of the Breathe list (and maybe even a gutbomb-style review post) for car mods. I've already started a personal spreadsheet to track and catalogue all the ones I've downloaded so far; maybe when it's done or close to done I'll wind up sharing it.
Like this ?

(I have no idea where that comes from, I just happen to have it in my bookmarks)

How to activate the android via cm?
Would really like to know this as well. New functions are fine and all but I have no use for that android device, heck I don't even use the "radio function" while driving (Actually I don't use the car stereo in real life much either...)

EDIT: Sorry, i misread your post in the first place: I'm actually looking to disable the android function in the new cars, I want to get rid of it.
Concerning your question: As far as I know there's no need to activate the android function seperately, it should work out of the box, as long as the modder implemented it correctly. Try it out: use the free camera inside the cockpit (F7 - key) then try to click around on the car screen with your mouse. If it works there should be several menue pages like pictures, youtube, radio etc. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Is there any LUT experts in here? I have a question about my G27 and FFB settings.

I've a lot of clicking noises on my G27 and some stiffness time to time. But some cars the same settings, the wheel basically have no FFB, I felt nothing about grip of track.

I added my Wheel Settings & LUT file on attachment and can you tell me what should I do?

I'm aware that I'm not a good simracing driver but the wheel doesn't feel that way because I've licence and I tried to adapt the same level of sensitivity on my rig.

And also, this settings are based on a Youtube video about G27 settings and I slightly alter the ratios maybe +1 -1-ish...

P.S.: change .ini to .lut of "LUT" file.

Attachments

• LUT.ini
    583 bytes · Views: 6
  • WHEEL SETTING.ini
    14.8 KB · Views: 8
Is there any LUT experts in here? I have a question about my G27 and FFB settings.

I've a lot of clicking noises on my G27 and some stiffness time to time. But some cars the same settings, the wheel basically have no FFB, I felt nothing about grip of track.

I added my Wheel Settings & LUT file on attachment and can you tell me what should I do?

I'm aware that I'm not a good simracing driver but the wheel doesn't feel that way because I've licence and I tried to adapt the same level of sensitivity on my rig.

And also, this settings are based on a Youtube video about G27 settings and I slightly alter the ratios maybe +1 -1-ish...

It's been a while since I used my trusty G27 and switched to other wheels but back then I used the instructions and files from this thread and I was quite happy with the feel:
Your milage may vary of course.

I'll try it these days, with a personalized championship.
Nice to hear that - looking forward to your point of view.
In the meantime - here's my first impression (no review, no critique, just my findings):
Keep in mind, I didn't ask for such mod, so I had no expectations but I gladly tried all cars.

There are no grid fillers, all cars are drivable.
Force feedback works as expected, by that I mean that I could use the standard settings for my wheel, no tweaking of car ini's etc. necessary. I'm not judging the "feel" of the mod, just confirming "normal" FFB functionality.

The car's skins and cockpits look a bit rough (the Ferrari looks best obviously, the Ligier is alright too), some drivers have fitting helmets, others don't. Mirrors work on all cars.

Tried a short race at Mugello (as I always do with new mods).
AI was fine, they all got off the Grid without problems, no stalling, no turning left, no engine frying, no pitting during the race.
I could race the AI just fine, did not encounter any particularly stupid moments.

So there you go - I think the pack is perfectly fine if one wants to use it for a 1976 season.

Question for all historians: Could somebody tell me if the RPM meters did still behave in that jumpy, janky fashion back in 1976? I'm asking because not all car's needles act the same and I would like to correct that for myself. Thanks in advance.

It's been a while since I used my trusty G27 and switched to other wheels but back then I used the instructions and files from this thread and I was quite happy with the feel:
Your milage may vary of course.
I'll give it a try but honestly I don't understand how to I apply these on CM because I'm using it instead of normal launcher.

Does anyone know how to brighten up the buttons, dial colours and the Ferrari logo on the default Kunos 2013 Ferrari F138? they appear to be very muted, even under direct sunlight.
I exported the .dds file for it via CM, but It's one of those files that I can't seem to load into my paint program, even after converting to .png file.

f138_wheel.jpg

Last edited:
Banged out (quick and dirty!) 2 extra skins for the Rena Hayami McLarenF1... cuz one skin's not enough.
EDIT: I just noticed the face is still in there a bit... I'll fix it later today and change the download. It's good enough if you don't study it in showroom
AND I'll change the appropriate mirror colors)
EDIT2: Fixed. Still quick and dirty, but not embarassingly so...

View attachment 1152381

Nice. The car needs some more changes and fixes. Maybe in the future, I will change them

Hey guys. I downloaded one mod who is encrypted. I dont mind, but the problem is that the ext_config.ini (extension file) is encrypted too. And i cannot change anything that i want in there. When try to open it inside are only some kind of generator with letters and digits. How to make it work ? Thanks

Last edited:
hi guys, repacked that clubman (from Wack , Assettoland version) with the gear and speed indicator El Locho so kindly provided (thx again !) and i added 7 extra skins as well.
feel free to pick it up here
(I will also message Assettoland to update this improved version on their site.)
View attachment 1152344
This is the vanilla Clubman with the two empties for gear and speed in the kn5 plus a basic digital_instruments.ini which uses the mclaren fonts (from the whistleblower 720s GT3).
@jac0 you can change the instuments live by pressing HOME/POS1 on the keyboard to open the developer console and entering "set observeDigital 1" plus ENTER.

I can't share the version with working wipers, sunroof, etc. because Blender didn't like the mesh names with more than 63 characters and because of some broken/flickering textures. Now I'm glad to move the mod back to my backup drive and to hopefully never touch it again.
Ok, so I did redo the updates...
  • Transparent sun roof
  • Working wipers
  • Rain drops on the windows including sun roof
  • Speed and gear indicators
  • black window edging (is that the correct term?) visible from the inside
  • Copied shifting animation from one of the Kunos cars (not perfect but better than nothing)
  • Changed the driver from driver_no_HANS to driver_no_helmet in driver3d.ini
  • Included the used fonts (though they might be stock ones from one of the Kunos cars, idk)
For those who want to try it out, here's the link:

PS: the mod is still far from perfect, there are gaps between the ceiling and the sunroof, the lights on the dash are not working, I haven't fixed the mph scale, there are still rain drops inside the car, ...

Last edited:
Would really like to know this as well. New functions are fine and all but I have no use for that android device, heck I don't even use the "radio function" while driving (Actually I don't use the car stereo in real life much either...)

EDIT: Sorry, i misread your post in the first place: I'm actually looking to disable the android function in the new cars, I want to get rid of it.
Concerning your question: As far as I know there's no need to activate the android function seperately, it should work out of the box, as long as the modder implemented it correctly. Try it out: use the free camera inside the cockpit (F7 - key) then try to click around on the car screen with your mouse. If it works there should be several menue pages like pictures, youtube, radio etc. Hope that helps.
Many thanks! ;)

try my LUT
it might be abit soft in the center...
My profiler FFB is 107, you might want to mimic that

Attachments

• damp4.zip
    344 bytes · Views: 7
Last edited:
Nice to hear that - looking forward to your point of view.
In the meantime - here's my first impression (no review, no critique, just my findings):
Keep in mind, I didn't ask for such mod, so I had no expectations but I gladly tried all cars.

There are no grid fillers, all cars are drivable.
Force feedback works as expected, by that I mean that I could use the standard settings for my wheel, no tweaking of car ini's etc. necessary. I'm not judging the "feel" of the mod, just confirming "normal" FFB functionality.

The car's skins and cockpits look a bit rough (the Ferrari looks best obviously, the Ligier is alright too), some drivers have fitting helmets, others don't. Mirrors work on all cars.

Tried a short race at Mugello (as I always do with new mods).
AI was fine, they all got off the Grid without problems, no stalling, no turning left, no engine frying, no pitting during the race.
I could race the AI just fine, did not encounter any particularly stupid moments.

So there you go - I think the pack is perfectly fine if one wants to use it for a 1976 season.

Question for all historians: Could somebody tell me if the RPM meters did still behave in that jumpy, janky fashion back in 1976? I'm asking because not all car's needles act the same and I would like to correct that for myself. Thanks in advance.
Hello, I too have my say on the F.1 mod provided by my friend here on the forum, I agree with what has been said so far, the only note is that the front window of the brabham is not visible and it looks like the car's wing mirrors are floating in a vacuum, can this be corrected? thank you

Like this ?

(I have no idea where that comes from, I just happen to have it in my bookmarks)
I don't know how complete this is, but thank you, this looks extremely useful. (Maybe not always in a positive way -- "oh cool, someone made a Vauxhall Baby Bertha... oh no, it's a SimDream release" -- but anything this informative is always a good thing to have one way or another.)

Hello, I too have my say on the F.1 mod provided by my friend here on the forum, I agree with what has been said so far, the only note is that the front window of the brabham is not visible and it looks like the car's wing mirrors are floating in a vacuum, can this be corrected? thank you
Go into the BRabhams extension folder - in the config ini is a post right at the beginning called Model replacement. Set it to Active = 0 and you get the windscreen back. It's deep blue and non transparent though...
Could be fixed I'm sure, but there are a lot of things that could be fixed in this pack if one wants to take the time.

EDIT: Yep, can be done

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 21
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Go into the BRabhams extension folder - in the config ini is a post right at the beginning called Model replacement. Set it to Active = 0 and you get the windscreen back. It's deep blue and non transparent though...
Could be fixed I'm sure, but there are a lot of things that could be fixed in this pack if one wants to take the time.
looking at the pack compared to the SD version it seems some work has already been done if my memory serves me correct.

interiors seems to have better textures etc.

the data files have been changed to reflect more accurate bhp and the cars now run wet tyres when it rains.

as usual LODS come out messed up when using simplygon default settings on an SD car. ive never been able to get decent lods by adding mesh names etc to the list, maybe someone else has had more success

I don't know how complete this is, but thank you, this looks extremely useful. (Maybe not always in a positive way -- "oh cool, someone made a Vauxhall Baby Bertha... oh no, it's a SimDream release" -- but anything this informative is always a good thing to have one way or another.)
It is also extremely not up to date :D
But if that was what you had in mind, that could help for a start.

About the baby, good news is that there are other ways to get to that "dream" car... wink wink (mp)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back