Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,780 comments
Hello racers ! i have a little problem with some cars and i need your help to solve that hihi :D

I'm trying some of the Hillclimb cars from this well known site : https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/h-c
noskin.jpg

And with this car and the Judd version when i load in game the skin doesn't appear correctly, it's all black like this. The skin work correctly in the showroom but not when i launch a game.

Anyone know where this is issue is coming from ?

PS : I'm using Content Manager with the latests CSP and Sol

Thank you for your help

Last edited:
Apart from the DTM Cars I have been making over the past weeks, I'm also working on the Belcar Endurance 2022 field. I have one thing bothering me while I'm making the BMW 325 Clubtrophy cars. They all have a batcc shield on the front and the rear. I can't find the file of these shields anywhere in the batcc-mod, but those shields are really giving the Belcar cars a unrealistic look. Does anyone know how I can remove these shields? I'm a skinner but not a modeler, so I decided to ask the community if they could help me out.

Another thing that would be awesome is the possibility to paint the windows, so I could add the driver's names. So if somebody could tell me how I can make a window file for a car, that would also be abolutely awesome.

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 21
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 22
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 22
Hi All. Quick question. Does anybody who uses VR no why only some replay camera sets show in VR replays. Is there a way to use all replay camera sets in VR. They all work fine on a flat monitor. Many thanks.
In CSP general settings you have to check all cameras in the "allow cameras section". I couldn't select (tv) cameras in replays until I checked all those boxes. Playing in VR.

Probably doesn't fit the correct era though?
You're probably right, but i'm not overly concerned about the era. Since the track never actually existed and is what was planned to be Lime Rock Park, the bridge would be there today if they had used this layout. Plus, I would rather see a better looking bridge coming down the straight than worry about whether it is period accurate.

In CSP general settings you have to check all cameras in the "allow cameras section". I couldn't select (tv) cameras in replays until I checked all those boxes. Playing in VR.
Thank you. I will check when I get my computer back after upgrade. I do get some tv cams but not all.

Here's the 3 skins for the Peugeot 905. These are for the version by Assetto Corsa Racer, the folder named "peugeot_905_1992". These presume that there's nothing in your ext_config.ini (or lighting.ini) that refers to the same indicator lights being addressed in the ext_config.ini in the skins directories. I may update these as I continue to tweak em... Thanks again to CosmiC10R for pointing me in the right direction :)

EDIT:
The add-on wing is now included, with kind permission of bensrac32! Just use the "w" icon...

EDIT2: Removed the LeMans plate from the winged skins
Removed the url from the others.

The indicator lights are bound to the headlights, but you can remove that line in ext_config.ini if you want them on all the time...

I continue to work on another 905, based on the assetto-db version. I decided to take this on as my "learn-everything-about-ac-cars" project. Shouldn't take too long... (haha :) )

Enjoy!

Peugeot905-1Yellow_HD.jpgPeugeot905-2Red_HD.jpgPeugeot905-3Green_HDy.jpg

Last edited:
Possibly the final update for the physics side till more information arises. Peugeot 405 T16 Pikes Peak Data Replacement have been updated to 0.81. Added missing fuel_cons.ini and slowed down shift_animation by 10%.

Last edited:
Whoever did the AI for VRC’s Texas Motor Speedway needs to do a tutorial on how to make oval AI.

Just did 100 laps with the RSS Formula Americas 2020 and only lost one car to retirement.
Good to know, it's on my ever expanding list of races to run. Did the pitstops work okay?

Good to know, it's on my ever expanding list of races to run. Did the pitstops work okay?
Yup. I always manipulate fuel consumption and tire wear so that they go out around the same time. Did three stops in the race.

I did find that doing an undercut gave me a huge advantage, though. I came in about a lap or two ahead of everyone on my second stop.

AI was 98%, aggression was really low, I think 5% or less. Had great wheel-to-wheel racing until I did the undercut halfway through - wound up seven seconds ahead at that point and it pretty much stayed that way for the last half.

I also recommend making a "ai_default" setup for the AI to use. If you tune it right, they'll handle better/more safely.

Last edited:
Possibly the final update for the physics side till more information arises. Peugeot 405 T16 Pikes Peak Data Replacement have been updated to 0.81. Added missing fuel_cons.ini and slowed down shift_animation by 10%.
There's something wrong with the car, on pikes peak it doesn't reach 190kmh which is unreal because that car reaches 230+

I just updated the Peugeot 905 skins to include the front wing! (the "w" icon), in the original post. Thanks to bensrac32!

(btw, n24 quali now: https://www.facebook.com/watch/live...&notif_id=1653589517069202&notif_t=live_video
I still don't see the wing while pulling it up in the Content Manager showroom, even though the rest of the skin content seems to work fine (and looks good; excellent job there). Is it possible there's some sort of conflict by having both winged and non-winged versions under the same name? Would separate mods for the Le Mans version (i.e. "Evo 1 Bis LM", no wing) and WSC version ("Evo 1 Bis", winged) be a solution?

EDIT: I also just noticed this and while it's maybe the most "you have to squint to see it" nitpicky thing one could even notice about the livery, it looks like the 24 Heures Du Mans decal on the door/cockpit area has a URL on it, which seems anachronistic for 1992/93.

1653596634429.png

Last edited:
I still don't see the wing while pulling it up in the Content Manager showroom, even though the rest of the skin content seems to work fine (and looks good; excellent job there). Is it possible there's some sort of conflict by having both winged and non-winged versions under the same name? Would separate mods for the Le Mans version (i.e. "Evo 1 Bis LM", no wing) and WSC version ("Evo 1 Bis", winged) be a solution?

EDIT: I also just noticed this and while it's maybe the most "you have to squint to see it" nitpicky thing one could even notice about the livery, it looks like the 24 Heures Du Mans decal on the door/cockpit area has a URL on it, which seems anachronistic for 1992/93.

View attachment 1154431
The wing is applied via "Model Replacement - Insert" in the ext_config.ini, by CSP, which is not active in the CM Showroom, only in-game.

If the mirrors of the mod are set up correctly, you can switch the mirrors in both apps:
View attachment 1154406
Many thanks for the help.
I obviously was trying the apps on a car with wrong mirrors meshes in the mirror.ini. :nervous:

So if you folks enjoy the Toprace Nissan 370z Cup P2P, just update the mirrors.ini file with the following...

[MIRROR_0]
NAME=GEO_mainMirror

[MIRROR_1]
NAME=geo_mirrorl

[MIRROR_2]
NAME=geo_mirrorr

The sidemirrors will never look like this again...
hotshots.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys, i'm experiencing a bit of an unusual and kinda paranormal stuff, with my skip barber mod.
The car accelerates and drives by itself as soon as i exit the pit menu, and also leans to the right and is very sketchy to steer
By upshifting and downshifting, i figured out it might be driving as if my wheel is connected, which i assure you is not, couse i cant use it atm, and i'm using an Xbox one controller,
only the skip barber (as far as i am aware of) gives me this problem, does anyone know if and ho to fix the problem and could help me?

View attachment 1154431
I will come up with a few WSC skins for the non-LeMans runs... (I have all the Duke video from WSC 91/92, so whatever number sets they used, I'll get em... AND fix that LM sticker...DONE)

Last edited:
can someone give me the vanilla settings from system/cfg/map.ini ? Mine's messed up from that one RD mod, and a integrity verification would delete too much stuff i changed that should stay the way it is...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back