Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,759 comments
This might help someone. It stopped me having to strip down and mod my shifter.
If your sequential shifter is regularly missing shifts out on the track (but OK in menu testing) then remap the keyboard overrides (shown here as 'N' and 'P') to different keys in settings/Assetto Corsa/controls. I'm guessing the defaults might be used as modifiers elsewhere, which interferes with the signal while driving out on the track.
Since changing these to 'N' and 'P' (next and previous, but any standard letter will do) I haven't missed a single shift.

1654888721639.png

Last edited:
VRC FA 22 F1 Custom Championship Updated:
Screenshot_vrc_formula_alpha_2022_08_azerbaijan_gp22_6-5-122-13-32-59.jpg

RSS FH X EVO F1 Custom Championship Updated:
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_x_evo_08_azerbaijan_gp22_10-5-122-15-13-36.jpg

All Team Skins

Shadow118: Redbull/Mercedes/Alpha Tauri/Alfa Romeo/Alpine/AMR/HASS/Ferrari/Williams/McLaren
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/shadow118.231192/
Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Not good for a custom championship? (private)
Looking at the print it looks good, but it has several problems.

I think it would be a bad experience, even in a private championship.

I intend to redo this week, using, as I said, another "base car", I forgot to mention the Alfa T3312 from 1975... got a little better), nothing 100% similar, but at least with the improved skins and specific details for each car.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1654891019.png
    __custom_showroom_1654891019.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 54
Sorry for the stupid question, but is it possible to fix a car that doesn't flash its headlights? The URD Bayro is an example, among others. Thanks
Flashing headlights need to be configured in data/lights.ini iirc, don‘t know if there‘s a CSP equivalent. Which Bayro by the way? I have 6...

URD T5 Bayro (2013):
INI:
[LIGHT_0]
NAME=HEAD_LIGHTS
COLOR=300,280,330
; ...

INI:
[HEADER]
VERSION=3
FLASHING_BLINK_TIME=0.15
FLASHING_REPEAT=4

[LIGHT_0]
NAME=HEAD_LIGHTS
COLOR=300,280,330
PITLINE=1
FLASH=1
; ...

Had a little fiddle with the Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Limited Edition (Z33) which has been passed around in various guises like a groupie at a Zeppelin gig. The car really needs mending with a new one (are you listening @petercrill?) so possibilities were quite limited, but it's definitely better in VR now. It's still not going to win any beauty contests. Hopefully it'll flush out a better one from somewhere, or inspire someone to convert one properly from GTS... ;)
Tweaks include: driver scale/position, new shifting animation/timing, cockpit shader tweaks, driver suits/gloves/helmets, paint finish config, cockpit switch/needle lights added, front/rear/brake lights adjusted, custom number plate, other stuff.
@El Locho I double-dare you to add wipers that sweep to the a-pillar, and if someone could please add LODs - Simplygon won't issue me a licence, the gits.
It'll install as a new car to preserve the original.

View attachment 1159634

CSP config to add wiper animation and internal windows: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qdq6smjka1xrv09/nissan_350z_gt4_le_z33.zip/file

There are rain drops on the dashboard which is most likely caused by the windshield being split into two separate meshes. The same happens with the windows behind the c-pillar.
1654894898598.png

Last edited:
learning to work with GIMP and trying to make skins , I created 4 extra skins for the Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Limited Edition (Z33) posted earlier, which I think turned out quite ok.
feel free to grab them here
1654899198970.png
1654898951061.png
1654898893805.png
1654898861618.png

(these are done w GIMP , next I might learn how to do special paint fx w CSP extension... )

CSP config to add wiper animation and internal windows: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qdq6smjka1xrv09/nissan_350z_gt4_le_z33.zip/file

There are rain drops on the dashboard which is most likely caused by the windshield being split into two separate meshes. The same happens with the windows behind the c-pillar.
View attachment 1159715
Not tried the car, but rain inside the car is usually a missing cockpit_hr node. CSP uses this to know what objects are internal. I think other guessing algorithms are used as well to know where to allow rain, but the cockpit node is the main one. I'm not sure if it is possible to move objects to a new node via ext config but perhaps there is a solution without editing the car? You can move objects to different nodes via the [NODE_ADJUSTMENT_...] section. So if the car does have cockpit_hr then check to see if all internal meshes are in there (especially ones with rain on) and if not, move them with the config.

View attachment 1159715
Great job with the wipers - thanks @El Locho.
Who fancies buzzing off some quick CM LODs? Any takers? I'll then repack the car and rerelease.

Last edited:
I am wondering what setting I need to adjust to get rid of this blur/camera shake in using the F5 camera. I don't remember it used to do this. Doesn't seem to matter what shutter speed I use, this one is 1/1000 which should almost freeze any motion(see wheel) but the shot itself is still "shaken"...Doesn't seem to happen all the time but when it happens I can't get rid of it...
1654913764554.jpeg

hello!

Can someone point me to a link to solve this mirror problem? (left and right mirrors works fine but central mirror is broken, it reflex like it was a "metal material" instead of glass mirror)

thanks!

1654919362410.png

hello!

Can someone point me to a link to solve this mirror problem? (left and right mirrors works fine but central mirror is broken, it reflex like it was a "metal material" instead of glass mirror)

thanks!

View attachment 1159800
a) write down name of mirror mesh by checking it in CM showroom.
b) check if name of mirror meshes are properly reported in mirrors.ini (into data.acd or in "data folder").

Last edited:
Not tried the car, but rain inside the car is usually a missing cockpit_hr node. CSP uses this to know what objects are internal. I think other guessing algorithms are used as well to know where to allow rain, but the cockpit node is the main one. I'm not sure if it is possible to move objects to a new node via ext config but perhaps there is a solution without editing the car? You can move objects to different nodes via the [NODE_ADJUSTMENT_...] section. So if the car does have cockpit_hr then check to see if all internal meshes are in there (especially ones with rain on) and if not, move them with the config.
Model replacement also allows to inject the new kn5 into any node but I highly doubt it’s related to the windows not being parented to the COCKPIT_HR. I had tried that with other cars before and there are lots of cars without COCKPIT_HR that don’t have rain inside the cockpit. And then there‘s this piece of advice from the car pipeline:
ECFEBF7F-2A00-4215-8139-90C79E39414D.jpeg

The side windows are fine btw, only the windows that have a black brim are affected.

Thanks for this, it's a lovely little car even in its unfinished state. @benbaron @DaWallace any plans to finish it off? The roll cage and electronics boxes are still mounted onto thin air at the moment.

View attachment 1159363

Did the sine-curve no-stutter vertical wiper trick ever get used, by the way? Here's a good car to implement it on.
yeap i know , I never ever touched this mod , and there is a huge work to do to bring it to a correct stage ! even exterior has some low poly area ....

Hello, how do he manage to have time for the race instead of the laps? Because I can't find the setting to do ... thank you

Attachments

• 285436742_601766171030146_7118620480790791793_n.jpg
    285436742_601766171030146_7118620480790791793_n.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 13
I'd say it's rather violet. :lol:
View attachment 1159494

I had no luck finding a combination of values to get rid of the stuttering, neither on this car, nor on any of the other ones with a single center wiper I had worked on.
There's noting in the patreon post hinting at any improvements of the wiper tool but as soon as I find the time to update CSP, CM and PURE I will give it another try.

View attachment 1159532
It is not something you can fix with csp animation stuff , has to be done in a 3d software with infinite cycle animation loop ! it is all about the tangency of the curve movement ! I did a post long time before , and will come in the next gt2 uptades with no slutering in middle for center wipper cars

1654933052167.png

Result ->

Last edited:
DTM 2002 VFss v1.1

As an example for all three cars:
Code:
Opel Astra V8 Coupe DTM 2002
=====================
Silhouette car without real physics, but boped to race against Audi ABT TT-R and Merc CLK at the famous Nords.

v1.1
- Minor adjustments before public release

Prior release candidates:
- Adjusted fuel consumption
- Fixed brakes.ini + BrakeFX + Calipers
- Rain tyres
- New suspension
- New collider.kn5 + collider.ini
- New LODs
- Reworked digital instruments
- Fixed aero problems
- New damage and dirt textures
- Broken Glass added
- CSP wiper
- Turning and hazard lights
- Disabled ABS and TC
- Sound by Moi, Cyberrr @ Racedepartment

Original mod by Assetto Garage / ACTK

Downloadpage

And while I was working on this cars I ran into a problem I already had with the M1 Procar. Figured it out so time for a minor update. The picture should tell all you need to know. :D

Screenshot_bmw_m1_procar_80_ks_nordschleife_10-5-122-6-19-0.png

Downloadpage

Last edited:
It is not something you can fix with csp animation stuff , has to be done in a 3d software with infinite cycle animation loop ! it is all about the tangency of the curve movement ! I did a post long time before , and will come in the next gt2 uptades with no slutering in middle for center wipper cars

View attachment 1159836

Result ->

I‘m glad that at least some modders put effort into animating the wipers so we don‘t have to monkeypatch them via CSP. MNBA‘s Yaris for example has a wiper ksanim but the whole wiper arm wipes the rain and the blade jumps at the end position. CSP wiper took me 10 minutes max.

Animating the wipers in blender is not a problem for me but that‘s really out of scope for mods that are not mine.

Last edited:
Hey, guys. Does anyone know how to fix cockpit cam/view (the one without a wheel) in urd amr egt 2019, 'cause it's kinda in a weird spot, and "onboard settings" don't work?

Last edited:
Everybody,

Could it be possible to add multiple engine sounds on a same car and can change it by car setup?

i.e. VRC FA22... The sound mod of the 4 manufacturers... is there a way to add a setup setting for each engine sound?

or is there a way to add blank engine sound sfx file which refers to a another sfx file that linked to a preferred variable on the setup like turbo valve sfx?

sx LeMans v1.7 or on mediafire
-adjusted ai-borders, added groove, better red asphalt, added spectators, marshals, added lots of reflectors and signage, adjusted 2019 skin, removed skids from grass/sand, see readme for more changes
-with CSP on 24h layout there are animated helicopters, the blimp does circles, ferris wheel spins
-all extra stuff in "_extra" folder (like movable cones and stFlow helicopters and screens)
-included config should ignore any existing config in "ext...\config\tracks\loaded\"
-rainfx ready config ft. Solid Farrell
-still very heavy, especially on s/f

Disable "Merge Meshes"! under CM>settings>CustomShadersPatch>General>CPU-optimizations !

Note: yes, you still need stFlow shader from Stereo for helicopter blades to spin, as i decided to keep it that way! It maybe included in last CSP version though.
Note 2: update soon as I messed up ai_hints.ini for indianapolis
The link doesn´t work ??

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back