Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,783 comments
hi, something is off with the taillights, in VR they arre not being rendered correct in right eye it seems, making it "dance" around... I don't know how to better describe it ... but it's very disturbing and makes the car undrivable for me (as I only use VR)
Otherwise it's a gem of a mod , so I hope this can be fixed in a later update.
Our french "friend" made those taillights. I dont have VR so I cant check. But he released another update hours later. Must be really hard to make a living with Sharemods. :lol:

Finally learned how to add crowds, but before I go through the process of adding them in spots around the track, do people prefer crowds or no crowds? It's not that it's hard to do, but if no one uses them, i'm not going to bother.

people.jpg

Flashing headlights need to be configured in data/lights.ini iirc, don‘t know if there‘s a CSP equivalent. Which Bayro by the way? I have 6...

URD T5 Bayro (2013):
INI:
[LIGHT_0]
NAME=HEAD_LIGHTS
COLOR=300,280,330
; ...

INI:
[HEADER]
VERSION=3
FLASHING_BLINK_TIME=0.15
FLASHING_REPEAT=4

[LIGHT_0]
NAME=HEAD_LIGHTS
COLOR=300,280,330
PITLINE=1
FLASH=1
; ...

CSP config to add wiper animation and internal windows: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qdq6smjka1xrv09/nissan_350z_gt4_le_z33.zip/file

There are rain drops on the dashboard which is most likely caused by the windshield being split into two separate meshes. The same happens with the windows behind the c-pillar.
View attachment 1159715
Thanks for your help mate, but I cannot find this file data/lights.ini in the car folder... the car in question is the Bayro 4 and Bayro EGT. I will keep looking for it.

Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Limited Edition (Z33) update
(with thanks to the original modders and recent assistance from El Locho & Sister Sludge)

v1.5 June 2022
  • Original conversion by WKMod
  • Updated by Blackwood91 and Matgamer
  • Conversion to GT4 Edition by Mike173 at GTPlanet
  • Updated again by Opperslang
  • Further updates by Poppa Woody (driver scale/position, shifting animation/timing, cockpit shader tweaks, driver suits/gloves/helmets, paint finish config, cockpit switch/needle lights added, front/rear/brake lights adjusted, custom number plate, other stuff)
  • Front & rear wipers added and cockpit leaks sealed, plus working analogue fuel guage by El Locho
  • LODs added by Sister Sludge

1654979880463.png

Last edited:
Finally learned how to add crowds, but before I go through the process of adding them in spots around the track, do people prefer crowds or no crowds? It's not that it's hard to do, but if no one uses them, i'm not going to bother.

View attachment 1160013
No crowds. It's a distraction - and a bit useless

edit : does anyone have a Saleen S331 to share ? You know, the big yankee y'all truck. Cheers

Last edited:
the fewer distractions the better (and maybe also less to render so bit less taxing on the system), so i also vote for not too much crowds (although some hotty here and there would be nice , for when you hit the grind and have a moment to look ;) )

DTM 2002 VFss v1.1

As an example for all three cars:
Code:
Opel Astra V8 Coupe DTM 2002
=====================
Silhouette car without real physics, but boped to race against Audi ABT TT-R and Merc CLK at the famous Nords.

v1.1
- Minor adjustments before public release

Prior release candidates:
- Adjusted fuel consumption
- Fixed brakes.ini + BrakeFX + Calipers
- Rain tyres
- New suspension
- New collider.kn5 + collider.ini
- New LODs
- Reworked digital instruments
- Fixed aero problems
- New damage and dirt textures
- Broken Glass added
- CSP wiper
- Turning and hazard lights
- Disabled ABS and TC
- Sound by Moi, Cyberrr @ Racedepartment

Original mod by Assetto Garage / ACTK

Downloadpage

And while I was working on this cars I ran into a problem I already had with the M1 Procar. Figured it out so time for a minor update. The picture should tell all you need to know. :D

Downloadpage

Nice updates for those DTM pack! But I think, that dash fonts for Opel are missed.

View attachment 1160013
It depends on the context and the track, maybe, but I tend to notice their absence than their presence a lot more. Maybe it's a subtle thing and I'm overdoing it with the whole "My Immersion" schtick, but on the other hand it feels weird to drive around to an audience of nobody. It's sort of like how when they started playing baseball again after COVID delays, but before they could let crowds back in, MLB thought it made more sense to just fill the stands with cardboard cut-outs than make viewers watch games played to 50,000 empty seats.

Thanks for your help mate, but I cannot find this file data/lights.ini in the car folder... the car in question is the Bayro 4 and Bayro EGT. I will keep looking for it.
Unpack data via content manager, rename data.acd to something else so that the game uses the configs from the newly created data folder instead of the packed data.acd, add FLASH=1 to the [LIGHT_3] block inside data\lights.ini, save, test, pack data via content manager.
1654982746864.png

The URD M4 GT3 has working flashlights btw.

Last edited:

View attachment 1160013
As a end-end-end-end user I see on RD that folks remove the crowds from tracks and other folks add crowds on tracks.
So do it as you prefer, my take.

(Just don't put them too close to the track replay cameras ;))

Last edited:

View attachment 1160013
I think its good to add crowds for immersion, but keep them far enough away from the track and replay cams so that the poor quality of AC crowds isn't too obvious.

View attachment 1160013

Crowds add a lot of immersion for me, especially as CSP has quick options to vary them or turn them off completely if a user doesn't want them

I like them when they're back away from the track like that. Just don't do any camera views that show them close up...

Thanks all for the responses. Think i'll add them as their own model and people can either edit the model.ini file to remove them or disable whatever option in CM turns them off. And don't worry, any crowds will be scattered and away from the track. I'm not a fan of heavy crowds or crowds right on the track's edge either so they were never going to be like that.

Last edited:
Hello guys, i have a question from all of you. There is a very cool track called Kenya Stage 1 or something like that. I really like running in that rallystage with the Celica St185 modded by the awesome group called VerdesGarage. That truck is one of the few african tracks very well done/converted. But there is an issue, that i would really love someone will have time to correct. They are some zone out the track where you can really see there would be grass or similar but this track can't have it because there is no extension. Can someone please make a CSP-restoration for this track? I see a potential for this circuit and i think he deserve it.

Let me know yours

Red_Manuel

Thanks all for the responses. Think i'll add them as there own model and people can either edit the model.ini file to remove them or disable whatever option in CM turns them off. And don't worry, any crowds will be scattered and away from the track. I'm not a fan of heavy crowds or crowds right on the track's edge either so they were never going to be like that.
See here if you haven't already:

1654988770416.png

If your crowd is not the Kunos camera facing type, then if you add your meshes in here, people who disable the crowd in general in CSP will also have hidden the ones on your track without needing to do any extra tweaking.

Unpack data via content manager, rename data.acd to something else so that the game uses the configs from the newly created data folder instead of the packed data.acd, add FLASH=1 to the [LIGHT_3] block inside data\lights.ini, save, test, pack data via content manager.
View attachment 1160034

The URD M4 GT3 has working flashlights btw.
Mate, I dont have this option - unpack data - in my screen.. Sorry for my stupidity in computer matters... :banghead:

1654989974281.png

In some cars, like the mercedes below, the option pack data appears lit, as if the data file was already unpacked. In these cases, Data appears to me as a folder, where I have access to the .ini files. In the case of bayro, the data folder is apparently compressed into an .acd file [data.acd]. How to unpack data if the content manager doesn't give me this option? Thanks again and sorry for taking so long.

1654990753681.png

Last edited:
See here if you haven't already:

View attachment 1160060

If your crowd is not the Kunos camera facing type, then if you add your meshes in here, people who disable the crowd in general in CSP will also have hidden the ones on your track without needing to do any extra tweaking.
Sorry for my ignorance, but you kind of lost me. I am using the crowd facing type and if I choose hide spectators in CSP, the crowds I placed disappear so i'm not sure what you mean by 'extra tweaking'.

Sorry for my ignorance, but you kind of lost me. I am using the crowd facing type and if I choose hide spectators in CSP, the crowds I placed disappear so i'm not sure what you mean by 'extra tweaking'.
When you started with "Think i'll add them as there own model and people can either edit the model.ini file to remove them" I wasn't sure whether you were making crowd facing or a different type of crowd which is why I started the sentence with If. In that case just ignore my message, it's all good :)

When you started with "Think i'll add them as there own model and people can either edit the model.ini file to remove them" I wasn't sure whether you were making crowd facing or a different type of crowd which is why I started the sentence with If. In that case just ignore my message, it's all good :)
I understand. The 'edit the models.ini' part was for those that don't use CSP. Didn't know if there was an option in the base game for those people to remove the crowds other than to remove the reference to the file.

Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Limited Edition (Z33) update
(with thanks to the original modders and recent assistance from El Locho & Sister Sludge)

v1.5 June 2022
  • Original conversion by WKMod
  • Updated by Blackwood91 and Matgamer
  • Conversion to GT4 Edition by Mike173 at GTPlanet
  • Updated again by Opperslang
  • Further updates by Poppa Woody (driver scale/position, shifting animation/timing, cockpit shader tweaks, driver suits/gloves/helmets, paint finish config, cockpit switch/needle lights added, front/rear/brake lights adjusted, custom number plate, other stuff)
  • Front & rear wipers added and cockpit leaks sealed, plus working analogue fuel guage by El Locho
  • LODs added by Sister Sludge

View attachment 1160026

Tyre wear is 0 at start on Sidekick App. Is it normal?

Hi! I´m looking for some mods, I would like to request some mods
It would be great to have the new Formula 3 chassis, Dallara F320, the two models of European Ligier Series, JS P4 and JS2 R and the two models of Le Mans Hydrogen Innovative cars, the Mission H24. The F320 and Mission H24 were made for Rfactor 2, but not released. For all these car, there are free 3D models on Internet.
Thanks

I think i've gone about as far as my limited knowledge can take me. I'm really happy with where things have ended up thanks to a lot of help from people here and on Breathe's discord channel. I just have one more thing I want to do before I make it available. I'm hoping I can convince someone to help me get digital numbers displayed on that leaderboard. There's a few other things I want to do or have others do (like maybe a better road mesh), but they are nothing that should prevent me from throwing it out there for others to use while I work on those things.

Also need to get a few people to give it a test run to make sure the performance is ok. I have an average system and it seems at times I get little micro-stutters. Want to make sure it's just my system and not a track problem. You know where to reach me.

lrm2.jpg

lrm1.jpg

What is the latest and best LMP2 mod for AC? I thought maybe one of the newish VRC prototypes was LMP2 but they're all P1 cars. Search isn't mega useful for this thread since it doesn't sort by date.

Last edited:
Put together a few skins (fictional!) for the VRC V12, from available parts... (Still deciding on another sponsor... Beck's, Toblerone and...?)
(I am disappointed that the VRC car doesn't have a working center headlight. Time to hack it in I guess. ) Oops. Didn't see that :) )
EDIT1: Fixed a few things

UPDATED: Sponsor layout change. Added plain car also So link has changed.
2-Beemers.jpg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back