Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,819 comments
FYI: Velo's posted a new Ferrari vintage cabrio ! here (can't wait to try it)
1664871414304.png

OK cool, because I use F5 normally, I'll try to use photo mode then, cheers bud.
You wanna be using the CSP photo mode and not the old AC one. And F5 camera still works (it's all I ever use) but the photo mode just gives you more options to mess about and set up lighting angles and remove dirt and drivers etc - oh and you can change ppfilters too

First off, I'm a longtime lurker on this channel who just wants to say THANK YOU for all the amazing work you guys do on AC mods. It feels like Christmas on a regular basis around here.

I have a question I'd hoped someone might be able to answer. Over the years with AC and CSP I've found I can usually come up with solutions to mod-related issues like this through either logical thinking, trial and error, or luck (or following this forum), but I'll be darned if I can figure this one out. Just wondered if anyone else had this issue and/or might have an idea what was going on.

What's happening is that, on Kunos' MX5s (and derivative cars...and seemingly nothing else), I'm occasionally getting this "shaded" rearview mirror when using CSP's Smart Mirror/Real Mirrors. It seems to happen most often when there's a lot going on graphically (night lighting, rain, etc). Sometimes it kind of "pops in and out" during a race. The side mirrors are unaffected.

mirror_straight_on.png

However, the mirror generally clears up and looks fine when I glance over:

mirror_glancing.png

I use a single monitor and have a fairly high-end system that can handle a pretty good graphics load, and have most of CM's bells and whistles turned on. My Smart Mirrors settings are pretty standard:

CM_mirrors.png

If I uncheck Real Mirrors, everything is OK...but I really like using Real Mirrors. Adjusting them with the app on the fly doesn't make any difference, nor does changing seating position, etc. And again, it seems to happen only on the Kunos-based MX5s -- ks_mazda_mx5_cup, ks_mazda_miata, ks_mazda_mx5_nd (mirror image is visible but very faint on this one), and related variants like ks_mazda_max5_racing.

Thanks in advance to anyone who could shed some light on this!

Maybe there's a bug that makes it so the game incorrectly assumes the mirror isn't visible at the moment, unless you glance over and stare at it directly.

Try turning "Render only visible mirrors" off and see if that fixes it. If so, maybe whatever point the game uses to check if the mirror in question is in view is misplaced in the MX5? No idea how the system works but that would be my guess.

Good suggestion -- tried it, but no luck. And I don't recall ever having this issue with the MX5 Cup (one of my longtime regular rides) until maybe a couple of CSP versions ago; can't recall exactly when it started happening. Also, I'm noticing that the mirror seems to become "translucent" when this happens -- colors and bright lights behind it kind of show up "through" it.

First off, I'm a longtime lurker on this channel who just wants to say THANK YOU for all the amazing work you guys do on AC mods. It feels like Christmas on a regular basis around here.

I have a question I'd hoped someone might be able to answer. Over the years with AC and CSP I've found I can usually come up with solutions to mod-related issues like this through either logical thinking, trial and error, or luck (or following this forum), but I'll be darned if I can figure this one out. Just wondered if anyone else had this issue and/or might have an idea what was going on.

What's happening is that, on Kunos' MX5s (and derivative cars...and seemingly nothing else), I'm occasionally getting this "shaded" rearview mirror when using CSP's Smart Mirror/Real Mirrors. It seems to happen most often when there's a lot going on graphically (night lighting, rain, etc). Sometimes it kind of "pops in and out" during a race. The side mirrors are unaffected.

View attachment 1197751

However, the mirror generally clears up and looks fine when I glance over:

View attachment 1197752

I use a single monitor and have a fairly high-end system that can handle a pretty good graphics load, and have most of CM's bells and whistles turned on. My Smart Mirrors settings are pretty standard:

View attachment 1197750

If I uncheck Real Mirrors, everything is OK...but I really like using Real Mirrors. Adjusting them with the app on the fly doesn't make any difference, nor does changing seating position, etc. And again, it seems to happen only on the Kunos-based MX5s -- ks_mazda_mx5_cup, ks_mazda_miata, ks_mazda_mx5_nd (mirror image is visible but very faint on this one), and related variants like ks_mazda_max5_racing.

Thanks in advance to anyone who could shed some light on this!
Imo CSP is #1 on my suspect list. I have a lightly different issue though. The (all) mirrors in some (most) cars show that 'shaded' rear mirror view (interior and exterior - I'm on triple screen setup) for a couple of seconds when I start driving, only to ruturn to 'normal' after that. After that they never show that 'shaded' view again during race/hotlap/practice.

Imo CSP is #1 on my suspect list. I have a lightly different issue though. The (all) mirrors in some (most) cars show that 'shaded' rear mirror view (interior and exterior - I'm on triple screen setup) for a couple of seconds when I start driving, only to ruturn to 'normal' after that. After that they never show that 'shaded' view again during race/hotlap/practice.
Interesting -- my MX5 rearview generally does that as well, being "shaded" for a few seconds until you start driving, but mine returns to "normal" only on some occasions (and hard to figure out why only on some tracks/under some conditions). Clearly our issues are related, and I'm sure you're right -- got to be CSP. With a luck a future release will clear it up.

I have just finished the beautiful Porsche 964 Bi-Turbo used by Konrad Motorsport for the Paris 1000km race 1994.
View attachment 1197401
View attachment 1197402
View attachment 1197403View attachment 1197404View attachment 1197405
you can download the skin under https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bpr-94-porsche-964-bi-turbo-konrad-motorsport-42.54868/

The car can be found here in the forum and has been created by zin5ki:
Download: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-530#post-12868105

I hope you like it as much as I do :-)

A+
Daniel
Hi Daniel, I like the skins you're producing. Downloaded the car from RD. Installed (No CM), but...skins look perfect, but...engine sound of this car is more like an American V8 (NASCAR) sound? Is there a sound mod you know of? For car filename : "porsche_964_gt2". Would be nice having. Thanks in advance Daniel.

Hi Daniel, I like the skins you're producing. Downloaded the car from RD. Installed (No CM), but...skins look perfect, but...engine sound of this car is more like an American V8 (NASCAR) sound? Is there a sound mod you know of? For car filename : "porsche_964_gt2". Would be nice having. Thanks in advance Daniel.

This modification brings the car to BPR-GT1 spec Porsche 911 Bi-Turbo. It includes also a new sound a new gearbox aswell as a new power.lut file which replicates the power curve of the Bi-Turbo.

It is based on the "porsche_964_GT2" by zin5ki but installs as a new car.

I hope you like it.

Release:

Porsche 914/6 Sonauto V1.6
---------------------------------

Please delete old mod

Changelog:

-added rt3c's Flames preset and exhaust smoke (
I've overlooked it in the previous updates, sorry)
-added new rim's (
Geschmiedete Fuchsfelge, Forged fox rim)
s-l1600.jpg__custom_showroom_1664921819.jpg
-added 2 new skins from @BoB_911
-made some little changes here and there

Screenshot_porsche_914-6_sonauto_db_autodrome_de_linas-montlhery_4-9-122-23-11-10.jpg

A lot has happened to the car since Mike173's re-release, I have to say, right?

DOWNLOAD MEDIAFIRE

Hello guys,

A modder interested in making a skin pack for this mod ? (template in mod folder)
Audi R8 LMS EVO II 2022 (paymod)

If interested, please contact me privately.
I specify that I do not send the paid mod if not interested in making a pack of skins published publicly why not later.

PS : thank you if not interested not to make controversy on the mod it's off topic

View attachment 1196431
Seems that skins from the Audi LMS EVO II mod work on this car.

New member. First post. Looking for the best Formula Vee for Assetto Corsa. Didn't have any luck with the search function. Can someone please provide a link?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back