Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
Has anyone even made accurate 1997 skins for the Primera? Cause the only i've got is the 23 with both reid and wheeler on the car.

edit: this is all I have for 1997.

1672598176047.png

Last edited:
Good Morning
So many BTCC, but which of the two is better?

Renault Laguna F302
you
Renault Laguna from our friend ales100i?
Hug
Happy new year

I'm kinda getting BeamNG vibes from this. Pretty intrigued by how you managed to work the physics so your vehicle doesn't basically kill itself every time you land a jump tho - AC is notorious for not handling those landings very well.
Well some handle it ok others do die. Tiny bit of skill involved in the jumping side of it as in speed angle etc.
There are some extension things regards how the surface reacts like bounce etc which i am fiddling with, but ultimately its getting cars that are sort of already made to do some jumps, so any of the dakar type ones.
Here is a skoda mod that handles it all really well, these skodas have really great physics.
Shame theres no damage but i can look over that.
One thing is for sure there is no track in AC like this one, mostly for good reason!

I wasn’t sure about the RSS 919 Evo since I’ve been getting more into races instead of hotlapping but [favorite f word here] this thing is intense. And I’m not even that good, it’s more than 2 seconds quicker than my fastest Spa lap in one of the RSS F20 cars. Though even that still puts me at a 1:51.001 in the 919 Evo. Insane how much differently you have to drive this thing with effectively infinite braking grip.

Last edited:
Anyone know how I get android auto to display in portrait mode? I know it can be done since I have some McLaren with a screen layout like that, but when I change resolution and/or size of the mnba standalone android, the screen turns black and display the error: Must be at least 4:3 aspect ratio (1.33)

Hi all happy new year..

New to Assetto don’t suppose anyone has any links for. Honda Dc5 please.
I’m a Honda fan boi and own a Teg
Thanks 🙏

Oh yes, this seems to be right, wonderfull work!

I've just started to work, unfortunately I forgot to mention that the texture for the rear lights need a normal map to show the effect of refraction, smooth glass doesn't help much there, but it's also possible in a pinch, I'll still do that quickly in the kseditor and off we go.

p.s. really great that you @El Locho gave each texture its own mesh underneath, so you can refractory everything, including blinkers :-)

The thing is, i could do this to all old mods for ac but the cars must have suited splitted meshes, certain shaders and so on and so on, it is complicated.

Currently i have 1600 car mods and I bookmark the ones that I can use for refraction, currently I have checked about 1000 cars and I have been able to do the csp refraction for about 500 so far, no idea if I will ever publish them or not, because the kn5 have been changed for many, there are also copyrights etc.
What I somehow can't do at all are refractions on cars that have folding headlights.

here some examples for everyone interested
View attachment 1213070
560 SEC
View attachment 1213071
Alpine A442
View attachment 1213072
View attachment 1213073
Dodge Challenger
Hi don’t suppose you have a Honda Integra Dc5 in your library.

Good Morning
So many BTCC, but which of the two is better?

Renault Laguna F302
you
Renault Laguna from our friend ales100i?
Hug
Happy new year
the Renault from F302 is a Grid Legends Convert : Good Model , Bad Physics.
the Renault wich Ales uses is in reality the Renault from Sim Dreams BTCC pack.. so a Convert of Rfactor or GTR2.. so : Bad Model , Bad Physics

i would suggest using the Renault from F302 as a Grid Filler only .

Hi. I downloaded the vrc btcc pack. In the car selection option there is options, standard and csp? What is the difference?

standard is the version of the car without csp features like wipers for rain.fx etc, these features are included in the csp version. correct me if i am wrong

and e1 here, happy new year and have a great start of the first new week :)

Last edited:
I have had to make a lot of compromises to get a decent framerate with the new VRC touring cars in VR. It improved after I changed AI to the standard non-CSP variants (to avoid CPU hit from all the extra calcs needed for extended physics) but unless I drop a lot of settings, I still get huge FPS drops and stutters.

Looks like there is a fair bit of optimisation that could be done still. I did a quick comparison between the Mando and VRCs Bradley as well as the Nissan PM3DM car out of interest...

That seems to be a lot of triangles in LOD A?
They do have more triangles than most car mods. Probably because of the detailed engine bay. But the latest RSS LMP cars have a similar count, and they aren't as harsh on performance so that can't be the only source. I get dancing artifacts and black screens in addition to the poor framerate, regardless of version. Even when locking AC at low fps. So there's something going on under the hood. The question what, and if it can be fixed?

Edit: Turning off Extra FX in CSP made a HUGE difference on the Mondeo. Will check if that's a cure for the other cars as well.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back