Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,017 comments
I have a question regarding the track lighting along the tri-oval on Reboot Team's Daytona Road Course. Is it just my setup or is it really dark along that section of track during the night hours. I was watching some videos of past Rolex 24 and that tri-oval, pit area is pretty well lit up at night and was wondering if its the track or my configuration that makes it so dark?

View attachment 1224189
This is the 'darkest' part I could find.
I do remember we sometimes had issues with track lighting in the test phase, but now it should be clear enough to even drive without lights (as in my picture).
NIght, with SOL few clouds and sol_extra filter.
Must be some setting since your sky is also very dark.

rt_daytona_night.png

Last edited:
This is the 'darkest' part I could find.
I do remember we sometimes had issues with track lighting in the test phase, but now it should be clear enough to even drive without lights (as in my picture).
NIght, with SOL few clouds and sol_extra filter.
Must be some setting since your sky is also very dark.
That's a remarkable difference. I'll try those settings, Thanks. :gtpflag:

20230119-202812-rt_daytona-rollovers_cadillac_dpivr.jpg

@Fanapryde , that's much better now. The lighting around the track is more realistic. I can live with this.

Last edited:
Wondering if someone can try something for me. Maybe I missed an ai update along the way for VIR (and if I did, please let me know where to get it), but the ai has always had issues with the start of the downhill S turns after the long back straightaway. Most of the time, half the field just drives off over the hill. I made this ai_hints file that seems to be working good and wanted someone else to try it.

If you find the ai slows down too much heading into that turn, raise the VALUE number up in .05 increments and let me know when you start to see them going over the hill again. For me, it started to happen again somewhere around .70 to .75 depending on the class of cars I was racing.

Just plop this file into the Full Course 'data' folder. Thanks for any help...

Attachments

• ai_hints.zip
    166 bytes · Views: 7
Porsche 924 GTP-LM - Historical Liveries

View attachment 1223239

The above historical liveries have now been finalised (near-perfect-not) and will be included with a car-mod update-release by @RMi_wood in due course (further mod work is currently in the works).

Further livery-work (fictional + more historical) is to continue and be distributed individually via sharemods-com - thanks for watching...

Next WIP - Martini #80

View attachment 1223254

Gonna catch up on some mod update installations and race abit or a hectic while... All work and no-play is total nonsense - happy racing!
Thought to provide the community with an update of the 'Martini Livery' thus far... A GIF file has been created that demonstrates some of the working-steps or a visual workflow of the undertaking of such works... And the time and effort that it really takes to come up with something that looks appealing/attractive on a circuit map.

The workflow (as it looks) may seem simple enough, but at times, it too can be tedious and fidgety as it may require lots of 'nips & tucks' before a final rendition is attained.

Basically, at first there's a bit of a conceptual design process (mind mapping/boggling), followed by a design-on-canvas process/attempt (data-gathering included), followed by a review process, initially in CM showroom & then on track, followed by many nip-& tuck adjustments (the tedious part of work to no-end), with finally arriving at an acceptable visual product.

This particular livery took approx. #87 different slides within the image-editing app and taking about 4-5 hours of labour to complete - hope you enjoy the show...

GIF download
924_86__00.png

Happy Racing! ;)

Last edited:
Now i solved it and can live with the results. Switched back to 2d clouds and reduced SOLs rendering distance and rendering quality to 150% (config came with 195% each). If you belive me or not, just these 3 options brought back about 25fps.
The render distance and render quality is only for the 3d clouds. They define how much clouds are generated and how big the distance is, they will be generated and calcualted.
For 2d clouds there is always a fixed number which will be generated, dependent on the selected weather.
But also this mode will cost you fps, because it must handle many cloud textures.
To save the most fps, it would be the best to only have one big 360° texture. Like in Pure's skydomes. This will cost the GPU nearly no calculation time and only some VRAM. Esp. with the skydomes in Pure, which are using BC7 packed textures, its possible to unload unused textures in no time. So it only takes 128MB in total to have photorealistic skies, with nearly no fps loss.

Does anyone know how this works?

I didn't get the point Number 6...

Did anyone test it with CSP 1.80.p115?
I believe point 6 is him telling you to manually set the key-bindings, as listed, to allow for "while-driving" adjustments?

I believe point 6 is him telling you to manually set the key-bindings, as listed, to allow for "while-driving" adjustments?
Mmm but don't seem to be any visual notification of what you are changing when you change it, or Am I wrong?

Abuja Nigerian National Circuit v1.2
Screenshot_ks_audi_a1s1_actk_abuja_20-0-123-12-24-5.jpg

A fictional circuit in Nigeria.
Conversion from GTR2.

-CSP recommended
-32 pit/start
-AI, cam
-2 layouts

Credits & Thanks;
Original Track by Edobot
GTR2 Converted by LaChub

AC Converted by ACTK
v1.2 Updated by @shi (shin956)
logo.png by @Fanapryde
Test and Feedback by @Fanapryde

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.2 changelog;

-Added the short layout that existed in the original.
-The cones are made to move.
-Removed trees in Track.
-Smoothed road surface.
-Changed spawn points in the pit.
-Added trees that existed in the original.
-Added groove/skidmark.
-Added new AI line and cam.
-Added readme.
-Added logo.png by Fanapryde.
-Updated surfaces.ini, semaphore.ini and ext_config.ini.
-Updated shaders.
-Updated UI.

Mmm but don't seem to be any visual notification of what you are changing when you change it, or Am I wrong?
I guess unless you have a widget on-screen that's reporting that/those parameter/s, you won't see any indication, no.
I don't have/use this so... I was just reading the instructions :)

Just started making a track and I'm getting multiple issues firstly as you can see in the 1st picture If i use local units scale in Blender when exporting I get 2 pillars spawning really far away from the car I'm guessing it's something to do with the pit crew as they don't appear anywhere. Then if I use FBX units scale like you're supposed to (second picture) none of the scales make sense everything is like a quarter of the size it should be and I don't get the weird pillars (or pit crew). Then you can see in Blender kind of what the true scale should be. Any help with this?

Attachments

• c655127670063d3f9040f54f7e35abb9.png
    c655127670063d3f9040f54f7e35abb9.png
    79 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_rollovers_acura_dpi_bop_desert_20-0-123-12-22-41.jpg
    Screenshot_rollovers_acura_dpi_bop_desert_20-0-123-12-22-41.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_rollovers_acura_dpi_bop_desert_20-0-123-12-10-13.jpg
    Screenshot_rollovers_acura_dpi_bop_desert_20-0-123-12-10-13.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 15
Ferrari 250 LM(v1.0) by GADU Boyz and F40 LM Lover

This video is part of Cinematic intro made by Daniel Nogal of this mod
It is Required CSP 1.76 or above Version.

1. 3d Model - Base model by Turn 10 Studio.
- Some Parts are from Kunos Original 250 GTO.
- Main Convering Works by GADU Boyz and F40 LM Lover
- Detailng and Adding/Changing Parts by GADU Boyz and F40 LM Lover
- skins by F40 LM Lover
- driver skins by redmanuel

2. Sound by Kunos (250gto)

3. Physics by GADU Boyz

4. Features
Extra Animations and Lighting
- Left Door : Extra A
- Right Door : Extra B
- Rear Cawl : Extra C
- Front Hood : Extra D
- Fog Light : Extra F(Not E)
- CSP Refracting Headlight Functions.
- pbr shader
- VAO

5. Driver's Steer, Manual Shifting and buttons Animations by GADU Boyz and F40_LM_Lover

6. Special thanks
- redmanuel and FastTom - research on details and beta testing
- redmanuel - driver skins
- Daniel Nogal - start camera
- GPLGEM - for tyre texture
- Norms & xCHx_Exitus - technical supports

7. Installation
- Un-zip Files(ferrari 250 lm v1.0) and Paste all Folders into assettocorsa folder.
it needs manual installation because content manager doesn't recognize the driver suits.

8. GADU Boyz's Discord Server and his youtube chanel
https://discord.gg/NtFjxAXR
https://www.youtube.com/@gaduboyz3990/videos

9. F40 LM Lover's Discrod Server
https://discord.gg/p2cDCVTM

10. Downloadlink is in the description of Video

Last edited:
Here you go,

Tree fx for Monza (Kunos).

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tree-fx-for-monza.57663/

View attachment 1223322View attachment 1224336View attachment 1224337

An Update will follow at some point (to give a more "forrest-like-feeling" in some corners).

Enjoy!
Really nice. There's only two things that bug me about the new TreeFX and maybe it will be adjusted in future CSP versions. The trees don't respond to season changes so in the fall\winter the trees are still green. And two, the render distance is weird and all of a sudden trees will just appear as you get closer to an area.

This is not to take away from what you did here though. It looks fantastic.

Really nice. There's only two things that bug me about the new TreeFX and maybe it will be adjusted in future CSP versions. The trees don't respond to season changes so in the fall\winter the trees are still green. And two, the render distance is weird and all of a sudden trees will just appear as you get closer to an area.

The render distance issue is weird. On my side there are no pop ups at all.
Anyone else having that issue (@All)?

Thanks Joe👍

The render distance issue is weird. On my side there are no pop ups at all.
Anyone else having that issue (@All)?

Thanks Joe👍
Could be my distance render settings in CM\CSP. I used to have an older GPU that required me to sacrifice some options. I have since gotten a new GPU so maybe I need to go back over my CSP settings again and do some adjusting.

- skins by F40 LM Lover

3. Physics by GADU Boyz

4. Features
- pbr shader
- VAO

5. Driver's Steer, Manual Shifting and buttons Animations by GADU Boyz and F40_LM_Lover

6. Special thanks
- Norms & xCHx_Exitus
- technical supports

7. Installation
- Un-zip Files(ferrari 250 lm v1.0) and Paste all Folders into assettocorsa folder.
it needs manual installation because content manager doesn't recognize the driver suits.

Awesome! As always, great work

DiRT3 - Michigan Trail v1.10

bgr_00.jpg

bgr_01.jpg

bgr_05.jpg

A very fast and very fun point to point tarmac/gravel rally stage set in the Michigan forrest town of Eagle River.

features:
  • 4 pit/grid w/AI + Hotlap
  • point-to-point tarmac/gravel (70/30)
  • full CSP features RainFX, GrassFX and seasonal adustments
  • realistic lighting for 'on the edge' night racing
  • a waterfall
  • easter-egg (hint: FIRE FIRE)

credits:
note: big big thanks to @pugsang!! without his help this track could not have been possible to release in the high quality we are able to present to the community

:: DOWNLOAD v1.0 ::
:: DOWNLOAD v1.10 ::

Last edited:

- skins by F40 LM Lover

3. Physics by GADU Boyz

4. Features
- pbr shader
- VAO

6. Special thanks
- Norms & xCHx_Exitus
- technical supports

7. Installation

This is a bit special. It really is. Bravo 👏

DiRT3 - Michigan Trail v1.0

View attachment 1224362
View attachment 1224363
View attachment 1224367
A very fast and very fun point to point tarmac/gravel rally stage set in the Michigan forrest town of Eagle River.

features:
  • 4 pit/grid w/AI + Hotlap
  • point-to-point tarmac/gravel (70/30)
  • full CSP features RainFX, GrassFX and seasonal adustments
  • realistic lighting for 'on the edge' night racing
  • a waterfall
  • easter-egg (hint: FIRE FIRE)

credits:
note: big big thanks to @pugsang!! without his help this track could not have been possible to release in the high quality we are able to present to the community

:: DOWNLOAD ::
Unfortunately due to the lack of CSP stuff I can't use this right now, but probably nice work as usual, mate. :(

nope, there's the possibility to use seasonal adjustment with TreeFX, unless (yet) there's no proper way to let them loose the leaf ;)

- skins by F40 LM Lover

3. Physics by GADU Boyz

4. Features
- pbr shader
- VAO

6. Special thanks
- Norms & xCHx_Exitus - technical supports

7. Installation

Phenomenal job and huge congratulations to everyone involved. This was obviously a real labour of love.
It's loaded with incredible attention to detail and is a real pleasure to drive in VR, where the custom driver animations all look extremely natural and really help with immersion.
Well done. REALLY well done.

:cheers:

I´ve asked that also in Binary discord, but why do most of all newly released cars don´t throw a correct shadow underneath the car? It always looks like the car has been put into that image.
326304949_995342774774541_5083471358511623102_n.png

@petercrill ? CSP or mod bug?
Do you run with temporal AA on? I found I was losing shadows under my car when I had that switched on. It bugged the **** out of me till I worked out what was causing it. The cars looked like they were just sat on the tarmac and no shadow underneath.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back