Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,691 comments
anyone figured out what the odometer error message is about (and how to fix) ?
"Failed to create texture "Odometer font". Creation parameters aren't valid."
for example the "LM - Toyota JZA80 Supra Kei Aizawa Part1" by MacedoSTI v1.0. (lm_toyota_supra_mkiv_kei) does that when launching a session with it.

Also several car mods give me the same error when trying to open them in Showroom w CSP (but then again they launch in-game).

Your missing the font named "odometer font"
I copied a Kunos font (digital_mid) and renamed it to "odometer_font" , then restarted CM
issue remains when trying to open the car in Showroom (as a matter of fact I found out "use CSP for final preview" on or off makes no difference).

Have this issue also with the "Acura NSX MOTORSPORTS" 3.3.1 by Siim Annuk, Modek, Arch EDITED S.STIRPE (folder name: some1_acura_nsx_race_club)... (found in the garage)
BTW: I fixed driver head parts that were visible in VR (wish ACTK would fix these obvious flaws before putting in their garage).

You can download the fixed v3.3.1j here (it also includes an extra skin:
1697612935077.png
)

Last edited:
Spraking of Ilja ..
i got the confirmation from one of Reizas admins Test it was indeed him working on AMS2

View attachment 1296143
Yes, it's well known that he did some shader work under contract for Reiza a several years ago, but he's not a permanent staffer (there's another Ilja/Ilka/Ilya on staff, that's maybe why people get confused) so the conspiracy theories about slow CSP development because x4fab is permanently working on AMS2 seem completely unfounded.

Last edited:
View attachment 1295936

Furthermore, it is always a good idea to take a look at the optimization settings in Custom Shaders Patch > General Patch Settings :cheers:

(Fun fact: I built my PC in 2020, completely ignoring how AC interacts with the CPU cores 😂)

Ps: Does anyone know where I can find these rims? or at least what model are they?

View attachment 1295937
Like this?
preview.jpg

Improved RainFX for Barbato Mount (actk_barbato_mount) -- just replace the existing [RAIN_FX] lines in the track's ext_config.ini file with these.

Attachments

• actk_barbato_mount_rainfx.txt
    794 bytes · Views: 15
Can you at least briefly say - what’s new? For those who don't have a subscription to his Patreon.

-https://gist.github.com/gro-ove/734678a0e76764267eccecee9b980978

If you just see the changes and fixes then i think he has 1 or 2 clones, the first one is working at night and the second one is working for reiza. My only derivation if that is true.

Last edited:

-https://gist.github.com/gro-ove/734678a0e76764267eccecee9b980978

If you just see the changes and fixes then i think he has 1 or 2 clones, the first one is working at night and the second one is working for reiza. My only derivation if that is true.

does it affect Pure at the moment? :)

anyone knows where I can find the original kart that legion based this on ?
I'm guessing it was first a regular kart without the beetle shell...

I was trying to make something out of it myself, hiding the shell parts , and adding some gears...
I get something like this:

1697632477062.png

and it's fun driving !
But in-game the shadow of the shell parts is still visible !? (in the preview it's fine weirdly)

The hiding I did by adding meshes in the ext_config.ini and putting IS_RENDERABLE = 0.
Anything else to add to get rid of the shadows?

Yep. There is very little information on the TVR400R, and to make matters worse, those few existing cars are all different from each other.
😂

I'll start by saying that this is a WIP and I don't even know if I'll publish it one day. For now I'm trying to replace all the "borrowed" assets with those made from scratch with blender (for example the rims, I didn't understand how to convert the gtr2 ones). At first I converted it as grid filler, but then I started to love it more than I already loved it in gtr2.

Attachments

• Screenshot_paddock_tvr_knr_silverstone_2005_18-9-123-15-24-11.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_knr_silverstone_2005_18-9-123-15-24-11.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_knr_silverstone_2005_18-9-123-15-23-58.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_knr_silverstone_2005_18-9-123-15-23-58.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
  • If you got problems with the new CSP 0.1.80preview428 and Pure, please just do a reinstall of Pure.
  • If you see red and green parts of the track with rain. Please deactivate dynamic shadows in the LightingFX settings for now. This will be fixed in a new version of CSP (just a leftover activated debug option)
    TinyTake18-10-2023-07-01-23.png

TinyTake18-10-2023-07-06-16.png

Last edited:
Hello my dear racing friends,Does anyone of you know which setting in the CM causes or could fix this strange display when it rains? occurred in the last two CSP versionsThank you in advance for your suggestionsbest regards - Ivan

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2023-10-18 um 18.48.43.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-10-18 um 18.48.43.png
    508 KB · Views: 6
Hey guys, I'm looking for a Montreal track right now and need your help, there are many in the Track List but which one would you recommend?

Thanks in advance

Hi guys,

I need your help on identifying a logo again.

1697652912703.png

These are the decals for the Porsche 964 Carrera 3.8 RSR by Team Almeras in the 1994 Le Mans race.
s4177-3.jpg

I can read something like T2..... I would be grateful for your help.

Thanx
Daniel

• If you got problems with the new CSP 0.1.80preview428 and Pure, please just do a reinstall of Pure.
  • If you see red and green parts of the track with rain. Please deactivate dynamic shadows in the LightingFX settings for now. This will be fixed in a new version of CSP (just a leftover activated debug option)
    View attachment 1296228
    View attachment 1296230
My personal problem with CSP after installing that preview might have to do with my Linux install since it runs through Proton/Wine via Steam and I already had it before long ago after passing to Linux when my W11 install died by a bootloop from an update. Whenever I start a session or something else which loads AC, I get this error message.
2023-10-18_13-27.png

I presume I may have to wait for a new CSP version to be released or maybe a hotfix for all of us Linux players, that last time a new CSP version was released which addressed this similar issue I'm getting with latest preview.

Hi guys,

I need your help on identifying a logo again.

View attachment 1296247

These are the decals for the Porsche 964 Carrera 3.8 RSR by Team Almeras in the 1994 Le Mans race.
View attachment 1296248

I can read something like T2..... I would be grateful for your help.

Thanx
Daniel

So I'm 95% certain that it's T2L POLYMERES TECHNIQUE (the two word extending across the wing).
Fun Fact: T2(L) is a technical factor in assessing polymer resin performance, indicating the particular polymer is in the (L)ong relaxation value group. lolz.
I can't find a single image/logo/brand using that name, thought. Doesn't really matter if we know or not though, right?
I can try to make a copy of the logo.

Last edited:
Hi guys, maybe someone has already posted this question. But since a couple of CSP versions, I have this strange problem on replays, with grass tufts that appears and disappears on the middle of track. Obviously, the grass on normal playing is ok. The problem appears only on replay (Camtool or game standard replay is equal). Bug or some settings to set?
I'm also having this issue with some tracks, does anyone know a solution?

So I'm 95% certain that it's T2L POLYMERES TECHNIQUE (the two word extending across the wing).
Fun Fact: T2(L) is a technical factor in assessing polymer resin performance, indicating the particular polymer is in the (L)ong relaxation value group. lolz.
I can't find a single image/logo/brand using that name, thought. Doesn't really matter if we know or not though, right?
I can try to make a copy of the logo.
Hi andrevr,

thanx for your hint. I came to the same conclusion when I looked at the 1991 Le mans Porsche 962 #50 from team Almeras. I even found a replica of the logo on https://gtswiki.gt-beginners.net/decal/?searchword=T2L&type=0&noid=1

8224233797555585552_1.png

I am still not 100% sure, but this will be good enough :-)
1697660588551.png

Last edited:
View attachment 1295064
Released : Nissan R391 LM Spec ´99
Author:
3D Model: Turn 10
3D Model Wheels :Slightly Mad Studios
3D Moddeling LM Car: F302
Physic: Peugeot905
Sound: Kunos (Toyota TS040) Placeholder
Skins: F302
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things

tested on CSP 0.1.80-preview115
PP filer GT Sport 1.4

have fun!

To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager.
Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/t13g6l0rxwf8jsj/f302_nissan_r391_lm.zip/file
Sound fix

Attachments

• GUIDs.txt
    3 KB · Views: 17
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back