Battlefield 1

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 728 comments
I am way, way more excited looking at Battlefield 1 gameplay than the COD:IW one.

What? The one that people are only buying just so they can play cod 4 again?? ;)

It doesn't have a chance as far as I'm concerned. It will have to be groundbreaking not just in terms of Call Of Duty but first person shooters full Stop to even come close to what I've played On BF1. Yes we shouldn't compare the two especcially when ones a 6v6 arena shooter set in space and one is a large 64 player battle set in the great war but its hard not to when they are by far the two most popular FPS on the market.

Just played a few games of the beta on PS4, not as pretty as I thought it would be but the biggest issue is the frame rate which feels way below 60fps even on a desert map which is where I'd expect it to be at the very least somewhere near 60. I like the weapons, they feel fun to use and the sniping is much easier than BF4.

Just played a few games of the beta on PS4, not as pretty as I thought it would be but the biggest issue is the frame rate which feels way below 60fps even on a desert map which is where I'd expect it to be at the very least somewhere near 60. I like the weapons, they feel fun to use and the sniping is much easier than BF4.
Choppy as in under 30 FPS? Keep mind that the draw distance is really long, many players on Multiplayer, and entire environment is basically destructible.

Choppy as in under 30 FPS? Keep mind that the draw distance is really long, many players on Multiplayer, and entire environment is basically destructible.
It feels like 40, which isn't great for a competitive FPS game, I just fear that on more dense maps it will be lower still.

Have some of you already got your Beta codes yet?

Yeah mine was emailed today, just had a few rounds. As @Peasantslayer says the Fps drops a little (I found it playable though) and you get the odd pop up here and there.

Did find the light tank to be lots of fun and my overall feel of the game is promising.

Yeah mine was emailed today, just had a few rounds. As @Peasantslayer says the Fps drops a little (I found it playable though) and you get the odd pop up here and there.

Did find the light tank to be lots of fun and my overall feel of the game is promising.
Weird. Haven't recieved mine yet, since people who have signed up to be a BF Insider (which I did) should get the code today. Oh well, it probably is because you (maybe) live in other timezones, who knows. I'll give out an update on when I get mine.

^same timezone, didn't sign up, got a code today. Maybe cause I signed up for the previous ones?

I get high 80 fps, everything on ultra, except textures and texture filter on high. (970Gtx)

Hadn't played BF4 in a long time, this is really fun again. Graphics are nice, gameplay is good fun.

And destructable buildings feels like BFBC :dopey:

I played for a short time over lunch (PS4). First impressions are that there are some framerate issues with this beta version. I thought it was meant to be 60 fps, but it feels more like 30 with drops. Graphically it's prettier than BF4, but it looks a bit blurry. It might have been my monitor that I was playing on though. Will give it another go on the tv tonight :)

Hopefully that part can be bettered by release time, which they also did with BF3 at the time.
Controls feel fine, kind of halfway in between Battlefront and BF4. I guess not all of the die-hard fans of the series will like it, but they feel good to me.

Looks like the servers have been taken down thanks to a DDoS attack. Apparently all EA services on console are non-functional.

Played a couple of rounds just then, and IMO the hype is true, it's a really good game. I mean sure tanks are op and if you see one you better start running the other way, but it's realism at least xD its fresh from the futuristic/modern stuff, and i really enjoy it. The graphics are really beautiful too, although all i really was sand, sand and more sand. Despite the fact 50% of your team are going to be snipers, its a fun experience, and a game i'm hopefully going to fully enjoy when it releases!

Back