Battlefield 1

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 728 comments
Just got stuck into the DLC today, Played one game on tuesday when it released but actually sat down and enjoyed it today. Stayed in a server for two cycles of the 4 new maps on Conquest. Unlocked a few weapons along the way, Although havn't tried them yet. I think Fort De Vaux is my favorite map so far. Its not as chaotic as i thought it would be with plenty of flanking routes and ways to avoid the inevitable choke points. I like all the maps but Soissons was by a narrow margin my least favorite. Mainly because of the amount of vehicles on which as a more infantry style player was not to my preference. Still seemd a good map though. I found rupture was the most balanced of all the maps mixing infantry and vehicles at a perfect level in my opinion. I found Verdun the most chaotic map out of the them all, Its infantry only but is rather small but at he same time offers rather large lines of sight so other than the underground parts of certain flags your constantly engaging with players at any given range. It had had a great look and atmosphere to it though with the scorched earth and flaming trees and debris in the background. So far im enjoying the DLC, Looking forward to trying out some of the new weapons next time.

I got the Ribeyrolles at like 4 in the morning. It's a strange SMG, since it has that bipod available. Generally speaking, it handles really dang good for a faster-firing gun in the game. Recoil is quite manageable and almost nonexistent in most situations.

Next up: Sjögren. The Model 10-A they make you use is actually quite good if you have good aim.

I got the Ribeyrolles at like 4 in the morning. It's a strange SMG, since it has that bipod available. Generally speaking, it handles really dang good for a faster-firing gun in the game. Recoil is quite manageable and almost nonexistent in most situations.

Next up: Sjögren. The Model 10-A they make you use is actually quite good if you have good aim.

You bringing up the Model 10:A Slug made me want to try it. Bought it today, and I'm really suprised how fun it is. You wouldn't think a shotgun would be useful at that range, but I took a potshot at a guy 50-75 meters away, and ended up killing him. Guessing he was low on health, but a kill's a kill. Reminds me of the days of BF3 when I used to run around with the with the Remington 870 with slug rounds and an ACOG sight. :lol:

Ended up getting a funny kill the other day. Was playing some Conquest when I spotted a tank. Naturally, I started firing my AT Rocket Gun at it, right when some poor sap hopped out of it. It was one lucky ricochet, to say the least! Poor guy...

You bringing up the Model 10:A Slug made me want to try it. Bought it today, and I'm really suprised how fun it is. You wouldn't think a shotgun would be useful at that range, but I took a potshot at a guy 50-75 meters away, and ended up killing him. Guessing he was low on health, but a kill's a kill. Reminds me of the days of BF3 when I used to run around with the with the Remington 870 with slug rounds and an ACOG sight. :lol:

Ended up getting a funny kill the other day. Was playing some Conquest when I spotted a tank. Naturally, I started firing my AT Rocket Gun at it, right when some poor sap hopped out of it. It was one lucky ricochet, to say the least! Poor guy...

My first three kills with the 10-A Slug all dealt 100something damage. It seems like there's body multipliers (like snipers in Call of Duty). A gutshot with it dealt 89 damage at the same range (25-50m?) and leg shots dealt less.

Edit: Also, in real life, shotguns with #00 buckshot are effective up to 75 meters so there's truth to this.

My first three kills with the 10-A Slug all dealt 100something damage. It seems like there's body multipliers (like snipers in Call of Duty). A gutshot with it dealt 89 damage at the same range (25-50m?) and leg shots dealt less.

Edit: Also, in real life, shotguns with #00 buckshot are effective up to 75 meters so there's truth to this.

There is. Upper torso will deal 1.00x damage. Headshots have an increase, depending on the weapon, while legs and arms will deal less than 1.00x, although I'm not sure what the actual multiplier is. That's why the Martini-Henry (Such a fun gun, BTW) is a hit or miss weapon. Even if you hit somebody center mass from the side, the zhot registers as an arm hit, thus no kill. Somewhere in the ballpark of 80 damage, but no kill.

I just got the Sjögren Inertial.

It felt kinda dumpy at the ranges I was scoring one-shots with the M97 Hunter. The Sjog definitely feels like it's more rewarding when at much closer ranges, and I'm looking forward to clearing Operations map trenches with it.

Edit: Also, just unlocked the RSC Optical. Honestly, good gun with a lot of damage/range (I hit someone for 53 where the 1907 Sweeper would hit for 20ish). Rate of fire is really slow and makes me want to use the Autoloader .35 more.

Last edited:
IMG_20170325_123217.jpg

We lost, but JEEZ. I was running the RSC 1917 Factory.

Just got done with a match on St Quinten Scar, Conquest. I made it as far a B (The church) before being killed quite a few times by attack plane bombs. As I was getting frustrated with it, I spawned in on A and hopped on the Pom Pom (AA Gun). After a few more deaths, and the pilots, whome I figured there were at least three of them, all between level 106 and 110, were making endless strafing runs over A, I got tired of trying to be the good guy, and ran off to play the rest of the match. I ended up seeing a few of the level 110s die after crashing, and watched their K/D spiral downward once they didn't have access to their planes. Shortly after, I helped fight off a few enemies on "Butter" to score the last few points...for victory! Made it all that much sweeter knowing that the guys in the air lost the fight, probably because of just that, they were in the air.

Much of this followed:

200.gif

Honestly, I feel like infantry needs another option against aircraft, or something a little more effective. Maybe just buffing the AAs slightly? In a perfect word, attack planes wouldn't even have the bombs on them, since thats how I've gotten 99% of my deaths by plane.

Honestly, I feel like infantry needs another option against aircraft, or something a little more effective. Maybe just buffing the AAs slightly? In a perfect word, attack planes wouldn't even have the bombs on them, since thats how I've gotten 99% of my deaths by plane.

The AT Rocket Gun could use a buff on planes, I think. Or having the LMGs deal more damage to the chassis.

Even though getting killed by level 50 pilots over and over isnt fun i think they are balanced well. When i get in an attack plane sure i can get a few kills but the people who go 66-0 isnt because the planes are OP its because they are actually skilled with them. The only thing i think is a bit overbearing are the fighter plane anti infantry darts. Anti-Air is really good just maybe could do with a bit more range.

Sorry for the double post.

It seems our wishes are going to come true! :)

More splash damage with the Anti-Air and nerf to the fighter plane darts in the upcoming spring patch!

I personally think the damage is fine and the range could be extended a bit, But any buff is good as it is incredibly strong already.

Last edited:
Still waiting for my 1903 Springfield infantry variant...then again this game has really hurt my interest in BF with all the faff that Dice keeps doing and there being like nothing to do. :indiff: The Premium/non-Premium thing hasn't helped either, everything just feels so...bleh.

Still waiting for my 1903 Springfield infantry variant...then again this game has really hurt my interest in BF with all the faff that Dice keeps doing and there being like nothing to do. :indiff: The Premium/non-Premium thing hasn't helped either, everything just feels so...bleh.
They were supposed to add some assignments to unlock new stuff.

They were supposed to add some assignments to unlock new stuff.
The problem is...none of it is interesting. Okay a proper/real version of the experimental Helreigal is cool, but other than that its a bunch of wacky variation things that don't really seem useful or interesting. WWI had SO MANY different firearms (real not prototype), and we have none basically, and on top of that, the preset system just leaves a whole train load to be desired.

Guns aside, the base game itself lacks content too. Map and game mode wise...it's pitiful. And while the premium friends thing solves it, there is still a split, and a barrier. And as awesome as the French DLC is, since its not a part of the base game, it's only a matter of time before the exodus begins. Dang it Dice! :banghead: *sigh* Better not do this with BF1944 if/when it ever comes.

Last edited:
The problem is...none of it is interesting. Okay a proper/real version of the experimental Helreigal is cool, but other than that its a bunch of wacky variation things that don't really seem useful or interesting. WWI had SO MANY different firearms (real not prototype), and we have none basically, and on top of that, the preset system just leaves a whole train load to be desired.
Yeah, fair enough. I haven't touched my copy recently.

Yeah, fair enough. I haven't touched my copy recently.
Same. I wish Dice had made the maps free and part of updates, and make guns DLC...that way at least it could expand the game permanently and keep the new stuff populated. I can't believe they didn't learn that lesson from BF3 and BF4, the DLC packs there (aside for BF4's Back to Karkand DLC) were dead within months.

So in the more recent updates, DICE introduced platoons to the game. So I decided to open up GTPlanet platoon in the PS4 version of the game, which leaves me with a few questions:

1. Is their anyone who a good at creating a GTPlanet logo for the platoon?
2. Are the platoons platform locked? (I can't have members who have the XB1 and PC versions of the game in the same platoon that I created on the PS4?)

So I just bought the "They Shall Not Pass"DLC today. Been working on some of the unlocks for the new weapons. The Lebel Sniper requires you to get "5 headshots with the Russian 1895 Sniper, in a round."

Question: Does one map on Operations count as one single round, even if the attackers move to another battalion? I'm horrible at getting headshots with rifles, so I'm trying to find the longest match to hopefully make it easier.

So I just bought the "They Shall Not Pass"DLC today. Been working on some of the unlocks for the new weapons. The Lebel Sniper requires you to get "5 headshots with the Russian 1895 Sniper, in a round."

Question: Does one map on Operations count as one single round, even if the attackers move to another battalion? I'm horrible at getting headshots with rifles, so I'm trying to find the longest match to hopefully make it easier.
One round in Operations is strictly the one map. If it changes maps, the challenges reset.

Same. I wish Dice had made the maps free and part of updates, and make guns DLC...that way at least it could expand the game permanently and keep the new stuff populated. I can't believe they didn't learn that lesson from BF3 and BF4, the DLC packs there (aside for BF4's Back to Karkand DLC) were dead within months.

The thing is DICE have said that if it was up to them there would be no price on new maps. Ex DICE general manager Patrick Bach said in the leadup to the release of BF4 that DICE have disliked the practice for years because of the split of the community and the new maps just tend to get abandoned after a while. They just have no choice because of EA.

Tex
So in the more recent updates, DICE introduced platoons to the game. So I decided to open up GTPlanet platoon in the PS4 version of the game, which leaves me with a few questions:

1. Is their anyone who a good at creating a GTPlanet logo for the platoon?
2. Are the platoons platform locked? (I can't have members who have the XB1 and PC versions of the game in the same platoon that I created on the PS4?)

Maybe this could be of use, Until someone can make a GTP one.

(not my work btw) Just did a quick search.

http://emblemsbf.com/emblem-15031.html

And yes im pretty sure they are platform locked.

Last edited:

Sometimes it doesn't fire. When I first got the 5 headshots in a round, it didn't recognise that I acheived it :banghead:
The second time however it worked. The only difference being that I hadn't finished the first requirement (which didn't make sense since both are meant to be acheived independently of one another).

Sometimes it doesn't fire. When I first got the 5 headshots in a round, it didn't recognise that I acheived it :banghead:
The second time however it worked. The only difference being that I hadn't finished the first requirement (which didn't make sense since both are meant to be acheived independently of one another).

The general rule of thumb with the "in a round" assignments is to do that part last. once the game registers that you haven't completed it, it automatically resets, although I have seen people like say that it hasn't saved.

Got the RSC the other day. Not as great as I was hoping. Nice to two-shot people, but the ammo count (5+1) and the ROF are way to low for me to feel comfortable with.

Yet somehow, I love using the Autoloading 8 Factory.

Hey guys! I've been streaming Battlefield 1 at twitch.tv/rmedia_obelisk.

Come by and say hi?

Edit: i have no viewers plzloveme

Hey guys! I've been streaming Battlefield 1 at twitch.tv/rmedia_obelisk.

Come by and say hi?

Edit: i have no viewers plzloveme

I followed.

I really wish I could find a way to really enjoy Battlefield 1. There's nothing in particular that's wrong with the game. But it falls in the same boat that 3 and 4 fell into. They were fun and there's nothing wrong but I don't feel compelled to continue playing nonstop like I did with Bad Company and Bad Company 2. Those are the two best games that DICE has made IMO.

I followed.

I really wish I could find a way to really enjoy Battlefield 1. There's nothing in particular that's wrong with the game. But it falls in the same boat that 3 and 4 fell into. They were fun and there's nothing wrong but I don't feel compelled to continue playing nonstop like I did with Bad Company and Bad Company 2. Those are the two best games that DICE has made IMO.
Thank you!

In all honesty, BF1 is more of a spectator game. I like playing it, but a lot of the stuff that happens in a game wouldn't look out of place in a Call of Duty set piece.

Just got done playing a few rounds. Unlocked the Lebel 1886 Infantry, and I'm in love with the thing. needed 13 more kills with the M.95, which I polished up quickly, then got the the codex for the Lebel not too long after. It just feels nice to me, minus the reload. End of the match, I went 32-14 with rifles and the occasional pistol kill here and there. (Forgot how sweet the Frommer Stop was.) I harly sver get over 25 kills in a match, too!

So, all that's left to unlock:

Sojren Inertial: (Botched spelling?) Just need a lot of shotgun kills. Shouldn't be that hard.

Ribeyrolls: (Again, spelling.) I've now discovered that the headshots for the MP18 only count if you land one on the killing shot, which is incredibly annoying. Going to be doing that one for awhile...

RSC 1917 Optical: The Autoloading 8 Factory is a fun gun to use, just need to be brave enough to get 15 kills in a match with it.

Chauchat Telescopic: Might not even bother with this one, since I hate these variants. The standard one is all I need, and it's all I could want, too.

Lebel 1886 Sniper: Just need the five headshots in a round with the Russian 1887. This ond is going to be the hardest out of all of them, since I can never get headshots with snipers...although as I say that, I domed someone with the M.95 Infantry from D point to the rock by B. I couldn't even see him, besides the spotting mark. I can't blame him if he's salty.

Any tips regarding the five headshots?

Just got done playing a few rounds. Unlocked the Lebel 1886 Infantry, and I'm in love with the thing. needed 13 more kills with the M.95, which I polished up quickly, then got the the codex for the Lebel not too long after. It just feels nice to me, minus the reload. End of the match, I went 32-14 with rifles and the occasional pistol kill here and there. (Forgot how sweet the Frommer Stop was.) I harly sver get over 25 kills in a match, too!

So, all that's left to unlock:

Sojren Inertial: (Botched spelling?) Just need a lot of shotgun kills. Shouldn't be that hard.

Ribeyrolls: (Again, spelling.) I've now discovered that the headshots for the MP18 only count if you land one on the killing shot, which is incredibly annoying. Going to be doing that one for awhile...

RSC 1917 Optical: The Autoloading 8 Factory is a fun gun to use, just need to be brave enough to get 15 kills in a match with it.

Chauchat Telescopic: Might not even bother with this one, since I hate these variants. The standard one is all I need, and it's all I could want, too.

Lebel 1886 Sniper: Just need the five headshots in a round with the Russian 1887. This ond is going to be the hardest out of all of them, since I can never get headshots with snipers...although as I say that, I domed someone with the M.95 Infantry from D point to the rock by B. I couldn't even see him, besides the spotting mark. I can't blame him if he's salty.

Any tips regarding the five headshots?
A few things.

Sjögren.
Ribeyrolles.
Russian 1897.

Chauchat telescopic is actually useful as an anti-sniper gun.

Okay, so I'd suggest doing an Operations match. Oil of Empires is perfect because of the massive sightlines. Just watch out for enemy Scouts and decoys.

Back