Battlefield 1

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 728 comments
Give me a P17 Enfield, Springfield Infantry, Chauchat, BAR without a grip, DSC-17, Lebel, Berthier, Mosin-Nagant, Carcano, and we'll be fine. :P

*Side note, but for the love of God EA, just do a "reskin" of BF1 or BF4 for the next Star Wars Battlefront please....PLEASE. Make it vaguely interesting instead of that garbage you tried to feed us.

Hey, I was looking for this thread! I wanted to share a very close call in a multiplayer match I had earlier today.

SMLE and 1903 FTW.

The amount of Christmas noobery is absolutely insane!

I think we need to share this with our battlefield newcomers, and tell them to give health too!

Give me a P17 Enfield, Springfield Infantry, Chauchat, BAR without a grip, DSC-17, Lebel, Berthier, Mosin-Nagant, Carcano, and we'll be fine. :P

*Side note, but for the love of God EA, just do a "reskin" of BF1 or BF4 for the next Star Wars Battlefront please....PLEASE. Make it vaguely interesting instead of that garbage you tried to feed us.

According to this teaser image for the upcoming DLC, we'll get the Chauchat :)

3171640-1.jpg

Wasn't the Chauchat a total failure?
No, it was actually one of the better LMG's of WWI (was the only one that didn't weigh a million pounds aside from the Madsen, BAR doesn't count since it only came in at the very end). The legends of the gun being awful stem from the American version that was chambered in .30-06, an attempt to adopt it before the BAR was conceived IIRC. The Lebel cartridge original was not perfect, but a solid gun that while flawed in areas, was generally the better of the LMG's at the time. When we tried converting them to fire our .30-06 the gun became a unreliable and clunky piece of trash (long recoil plus enormous powder load equals bad things), and it was eventually relegated to training while the originals were still on the front. See video below:

No, it was actually one of the better LMG's of WWI (was the only one that didn't weigh a million pounds aside from the Madsen, BAR doesn't count since it only came in at the very end). The legends of the gun being awful stem from the American version that was chambered in .30-06, an attempt to adopt it before the BAR was conceived IIRC. The Lebel cartridge original was not perfect, but a solid gun that while flawed in areas, was generally the better of the LMG's at the time. When we tried converting them to fire our .30-06 the gun became a unreliable and clunky piece of trash (long recoil plus enormous powder load equals bad things), and it was eventually relegated to training while the originals were still on the front. See video below:

Thanks for the clarification!

I've been having a blast with the SMLE, seriously! It's a hell of a bolt action rifle.

Hey guys I haven't played this game since right after it came out. I'm looking for some people to team up with and start playing again. I play mostly conquest or TDM but I'll PTO in anything.

Hey guys I haven't played this game since right after it came out. I'm looking for some people to team up with and start playing again. I play mostly conquest or TDM but I'll PTO in anything.
Try a 64 player Operations match. Most hardcore game mode ever.

In operations, When i kill i score, is my score constantly updated ? If i left at end of a match but before the end the operation do i still get my kills etc or do i have to play through until operation is over ?

In operations, When i kill i score, is my score constantly updated ? If i left at end of a match but before the end the operation do i still get my kills etc or do i have to play through until operation is over ?
You would get your stats updated, but you'd get a loss added to your win-loss ratio and lose the XP bonus at the end.

Just picked up the game and I'm loving it! The transition from BF4 to this, is very refreshing.

I'm on for a couple of hours so if anyone wants to squad up then just send me a message.

Been thinking about a lot whether I should get this game or not. I'm entranced by the single-player campaign (though some people say it's pretty short, but still) and I haven't played a Battlefield game in ages. The main thing that's keeping me from buying is the Premium Pass. I know it's already a given because it's an EA game, but I just recently spent money for a Season Pass on a different game.

So my big question is: IS. IT. WORTH. THE. MONEY?

Yes or No?

Been thinking about a lot whether I should get this game or not. I'm entranced by the single-player campaign (though some people say it's pretty short, but still) and I haven't played a Battlefield game in ages. The main thing that's keeping me from buying is the Premium Pass. I know it's already a given because it's an EA game, but I just recently spent money for a Season Pass on a different game.

So my big question is: IS. IT. WORTH. THE. MONEY?

Yes or No?
Yes. It's worth the money.

What system are you on?

At this point, I'd skip the season pass because none of the DLC packs have been released, aside from a new free map avaliable to everyone. Maybe wait until a few of them have been shipped out, then decide. It's probably going to be cheaper if you wait, too.

The base game is fantastic, I can assure you. The multiplayer is one of the better Battlefield games that I've played in a while.

With no DLCs yet, the main game is getting kind of shallow. There isn't much for progression aside from unlocking weapons.

At this point, I'd skip the season pass because none of the DLC packs have been released, aside from a new free map avaliable to everyone. Maybe wait until a few of them have been shipped out, then decide. It's probably going to be cheaper if you wait, too.

The base game is fantastic, I can assure you. The multiplayer is one of the better Battlefield games that I've played in a while.

With no DLCs yet, the main game is getting kind of shallow. There isn't much for progression aside from unlocking weapons.

Huh?

Some more information about the upcoming DLC packs:
http://www.dice.se/news/four-expansion-packs-battlefield-1-premium-pass/

The four themed digital expansion packs consist of:

Battlefield 1 They Shall Not Pass
Play as one of the most ferocious armies in WW1 – the French. Engage in the savage fighting around the furnace of Verdun, and descend into the bowels of Fort de Vaux where barbarous battles rage in the gas-filled corridors. Take part in the largest tank assault of the war by the Aisne riverbanks.

Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar
Enter the biggest front of WW1 with the Russian Army. Ride in Galicia with the legendary Hussars during the Brusilov offensive. Partake in the skirmishes of the Albion assault in a freezing archipelago and fight in the snow covered ravines of the treacherous Lupkow Pass.

Battlefield 1 Turning Tides
Participate in the amphibious warfare of WW1. Embark with the new destroyer into intense tactical naval clashes. Master the coastal class airship in the fierce interplay between land, air and sea. Engage in the daredevil Zeebrugge raid and storm the beaches in the first days of the Gallipoli offensive.

Battlefield 1 Apocalypse
Go over the top in the most infamous battles of WW1. Conquer bitterly contested ground with brutal tools and unique weapons born out of desperation and deadlock. Never before have the nightmarish horrors of the Great War been closer as you descend into hell. Prepare to enter the Apocalypse.

Back