Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pebb
  • 6,024 comments
  • 315,810 views
It's funnier wiping out your whole team on HS&D with it at the start of the match :)
 
Yeah ceiling, some of those matches sucked. Laggy or ended...which do I prefer...NEITHER :p

Ahh well im still on.

Had a great run at 25 kills on one of the maps which I cant remember. Was trying the AK-47u which I unlocked and ended up kicking some serious ass.
 
My 'slump' is turning into something else. Now, I've been having games that:

1) As soon as I spawn, I'm dead.
2) As soon as I start running, I'm dead.
3) As soon as I turn the corner(often, the very first one), I'm dead.
4) As soon as I see someone, I'm dead.
5) As soon as..... well, you get the idea.

Is this supernatural? Last few days, I've had moments where I just had to stop playing and pause in disbelief. One, two, five, ten games like this, sure. That could happen. But just about every single game I play has more "as soon as..." moments than actual kills. I'm scared. :lol: I've been having hard time reloading, or even just turning around without dying. It's like everything I do, it is at the worst(I mean worst) timing possible.
 
I had a great start to the day this morning, then I have lunch and the great streak dies whilst I play with fellow GTP'ers, just now was a good pick up but im getting brain dead and the ps3 needs a break even if it is still on charging the controller...
 
My 'slump' is turning into something else. Now, I've been having games that:

1) As soon as I spawn, I'm dead.
2) As soon as I start running, I'm dead.
3) As soon as I turn the corner(often, the very first one), I'm dead.
4) As soon as I see someone, I'm dead.
5) As soon as..... well, you get the idea.

Is this supernatural? Last few days, I've had moments where I just had to stop playing and pause in disbelief. One, two, five, ten games like this, sure. That could happen. But just about every single game I play has more "as soon as..." moments than actual kills. I'm scared. :lol: I've been having hard time reloading, or even just turning around without dying. It's like everything I do, it is at the worst(I mean worst) timing possible.

It may be your internet connection. That sort of thing happened a lot with me until i started paying attention to how many bars i had during matches. And play games that arent so crowed. i.e. Regular team deathmatch instead of ground war. Regular domination instead of ground war. Then, you have much more of a chance to get situated before someone can kill you.
 
My 'slump' is turning into something else. Now, I've been having games that:

1) As soon as I spawn, I'm dead.
2) As soon as I start running, I'm dead.
3) As soon as I turn the corner(often, the very first one), I'm dead.
4) As soon as I see someone, I'm dead.
5) As soon as..... well, you get the idea.

Is this supernatural? Last few days, I've had moments where I just had to stop playing and pause in disbelief. One, two, five, ten games like this, sure. That could happen. But just about every single game I play has more "as soon as..." moments than actual kills. I'm scared. :lol: I've been having hard time reloading, or even just turning around without dying. It's like everything I do, it is at the worst(I mean worst) timing possible.
Thats me right there for the past 4 months.

I'm online right now also.
 
Quite a few of those matches, it was the connection. When I can, I usually try to avoid matches that won't at least give me three bars(green). It does seem to happen a lot less, when the connection is good, so you might be right, actually.
Thats me right there for the past 4 months.
If this went on for four months, I'll sell my Xbox. :lol:
 
I try to avoid one bar obviously but im fine with 2 or above. I tend to go for 3 bars if I want to sniper.
 
With my sniper skillz, I'd need more than five bars. :p
 
My sniper skillz suck in this game...so I made a compromise.

M60E4 with a scope...so I can do close combat due to my double bullet perk and I can do long distance thanks to the scope, works a beaut.
 
Last night, I pick up somebody's sniper rifle(I think it was M21) on overgrown. I pickoff one guy by the stone bridge, great. I move from cover to cover around the house there to the area where you can see that big barn, there's some action there. They have no UAV, but I'm being carefull, hiding behind a tree. I slowly move the scope from left to right, but can't see anyone.... then BAM!

This guy hits me with what looked like an RPD from inside the barn. Across the map. On replay, I can't even see where I'm at, but he tracked that gun perfectly to my cover, killed me with just two, three shot burst. Totally effortless. :boggled: I call aim-bot! :crazy:
 
I'mkinda like that with the M16, only use it when I need to make up for points.
 
That is complete ownage...

I just hopped off because I was getting pissed of by all the noobs blocking the doorways. I got sniped because one of my own team mates blocked the bloody exit. They just don't care...oh yeah stand here at the doorway and I can't shove or anything...I shoot above their heads or knife them (doesnt do anything due to no friendly fire.)

Also, a6m5, you have a new friend request...from me.
 
Last edited:
Quick fix legendary... Play hardcore.
 
Great game, just got it yesterday. The online is great, but at peak hours I get the 'Downloading Game Settings' error. During the afternoon everything was great, and I just checked a few minutes ago and I could join in a matter of seconds. Yesterday evening (saturday evening over here) I couldn't get it. Looks like the servers are having trouble with all the traffic, since I can run any other game online without any problem. Anybody else have any trouble getting online every now and then?
 
Well..right about now, there is very few players on so the servers are not busy which sucks. Earlier, a few hours ago it was packed and lots of fun...I have no connection problems what so ever unless I play Ground War on a server from overseas in america or such.
 
Also, a6m5, you have a new friend request...from me.
Thanks. I'm about to get on to watch a DVD, I'll add you then. :)
Anybody else have any trouble getting online every now and then?
Not really. Once in awhile, there can be a mysterious disconnect. But as soon as you start over, no problems.

P.S. I'm starting to play better. But after something like three hours in, I started sucking again. Maybe I just got worn out. I worked a full day, and it is like 1 am here. And when I started 'sucking', it was all me, and boy does that feel good. :p
 
Last edited:
Maybe yesterday was a glitch or busy time or something, I played again this afternoon and it was as smooth as silk. :)
 
Ill hop on soon...just woke up :p

I might play gt5p first though...im not sure, but I will be online if you want to add me at all.

Gotta love pupil free days...no school today.
 
I just got the Variety Map Pack. So, if any of you guys want to do some private matches with me to get used to the maps it would be great.
 
I really want my PS3 back. I miss COD4. :(
 
I find it epicly shameful that you must pay for the variety map pack...for someone who does not have a credit card this is frustrating. Im not old enough...but I want the map pack...where does this leave me...
 
Tell someone with a credit card to buy it for you and pay them afterwards.
 
Might ask my parents. Ill be on shortly. Just racing Turbo lag on gt5p first.
 
I'll be on in a minute.... hopefully. I'm having a controller problem, and I think it has to get paired up to my PS3 again. It's been awhile since I used the controller on my Playstation. :lol:
 
I sucked just now...


EDIT: But i have recovered...when I was playing with a6m5 I was right up there with him or in our last round actually on top of him (points wise).

We had a brilliant session and he kept saying, 'although you have one bar of reception, you did really well...'

I dont think the reception at level one matters unless you are using up your bandwidth. I play fine on 1 bar just not for snipers. It could show 1 bar but that really doesn't mean much at all unless it is serious.
 
Last edited:
I don't know, I think the bars matter. I actually belonged a clan once, and they were based in Sydney. [SYCO](Sydney Co.) only allowed players from Australia & New Zealand, but I became buddy-buddy with the organizer of the clan, real swell dude, and he said I should join.

When I play with those guys, either I had poor connection, or rest of the team(the clan) did. :lol: When I had 1, 2 bars, I struggled. When they had them, they seem to struggle. Either way, matches were lagging pretty bad, and I resigned.

I had lots of fun running with the legend, tonight. I seem to have been out of slump since last night, so I did OK. As long as you are OK with one red bar :p, we should do this again soon. :)
 
One bar is generally fine for me...but I have noticed if you go with people from another country you will lag. If Americans used an Australian server they will lag and vice versa. Not so much lagg but alot more red bars.
 
I sucked just now...


EDIT: But i have recovered...when I was playing with a6m5 I was right up there with him or in our last round actually on top of him (points wise).

We had a brilliant session and he kept saying, 'although you have one bar of reception, you did really well...'

I dont think the reception at level one matters unless you are using up your bandwidth. I play fine on 1 bar just not for snipers. It could show 1 bar but that really doesn't mean much at all unless it is serious.

You're just wrong. The varying levels of connections has a big impact on gameplay, you're probably just used to it by now.
 
Back