Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pebb
  • 6,024 comments
  • 315,823 views
Sorry about last night Ceiling_Fan. My connection was quite slow and I had a jittering attack, where you can't stand still :(
 
The best map for me would be backlot, hands down, I get my best scores there. Next is crash. Worst map has to be bog...it is utterly pointless and retarded.

My best maps are Bog, Backlot, Pipeline, and Vacant. I have more maps I like I just can't remember the names. :D
Crossfire used to be my favorite, I did so good there but after a short hiatus I sucked bad at that map. I'm getting sick of it. And I'm also getting sick of Strike too. :crazy:
 
Yeah, Bog is pretty fun. I like it. I used to hate Pipeline but now it's not so bad.

BUT I WANT MORE MAPS.
 
I like most maps in general, bar Vacant perhaps because it's just pointless in most modes ending in complete stalemates so much of the time due to the lack of different routes to the inside spawn point. So they all come out there the same ways for easy killing.
 
I always look forward to playing on Bog. I usually do good on that map, but some of my worst games has been on that map, too. I had my only zero kill game on that map. :(

Edit: My highest kill total I think was 39. Whatever. Kills are so overrated.
 
Kills are so overrated.


Yes. I still don't understand why they made it to where if you have more kills you are ahead of everyone. There have been plenty of times where im lets say second with 26 kills and 3 deaths and the number one has 27 kills and 19 deaths. WTH:ouch:
 
I completely suck at FPS games with a controller, so I don't even bother to look at my kill:death ratio. :p :lol:

I have the game for a couple of days now and I think it's pretty good. Still I'd like a shooter like BF2 on the PS3 which focuses more on team-play and has different classes like medics, support, etc. etc. BF2 doesn't rely on kills for scoring but rather on XP. And you get XP for healing comrades, giving them ammo, etc. etc. So killing is not the only way to get up in rank. :)
 
I look forward to playing on back lot, my best score of around 300 ( not much to you I know) happened on it. Go in the large building and become a knife noob.
 
Or spam the Mounted LMGs.

I got a 20 kill streak on another PS3 doing that.
 
I find them highly effective against helicopters. But spamming the mounted lmg's is incredibly nooby. I could never get more annoyed over a death when it is caused by some random idiot shooting random bullets.
 
The mounted machine guns cause you to die like instantly if you're playing with decent players, you can hear it a mile away.

On another note I just got to level 53 and 0.74 K/D. I'm without doubt the greatest Cod player ever.
 
What game types do you play? HQ'll getcha up there real fast, mkay. S&D will too but only if you're good so never mind.
 
I only play S&D cause I'm good. But only when it's 1v6 cause I'm that hot.
 
Oh.

Had a buncha good matches with EMP just now, the last I went 24-3 with a 20 kill streak and brought my ratio to 1.20. Yay! Oh and I have 76231 kills cuz im hecka awsum.
 
I was so awesome that my disc broke!

I really do miss this game, but still don't want to spend $60 on it.

From,
Chris.
 
Last edited:
Im so aweseome, I die because the server can't keep up with me!!!!
 
Add some people who have AUS clan tags. That way you can make a party with better odds of hosting and that way you won't have 2500ms ping :p
 
We need to have a 6 man team one of these day's... I'd like to see GTP against the world... lol
 
We really could have a successful clan, if it weren't for us all living on different sides of the planet.
 
It'd be successful cause I'd be in it.
 
Yes. I still don't understand why they made it to where if you have more kills you are ahead of everyone. There have been plenty of times where im lets say second with 26 kills and 3 deaths and the number one has 27 kills and 19 deaths. WTH:ouch:
That was a joke, but I understand where you are coming from. Don't worry, when I scan the individual scores, I also look at the k/d ratio. I definitely am not proud, when I'm that top guy in kills, but almost as much deaths.
I completely suck at FPS games with a controller, so I don't even bother to look at my kill:death ratio. :p :lol:

I have the game for a couple of days now and I think it's pretty good. Still I'd like a shooter like BF2 on the PS3 which focuses more on team-play and has different classes like medics, support, etc. etc. BF2 doesn't rely on kills for scoring but rather on XP. And you get XP for healing comrades, giving them ammo, etc. etc. So killing is not the only way to get up in rank. :)
What the F is a BF2? I'm not sure if I wanna know. :sly:
I find them highly effective against helicopters. But spamming the mounted lmg's is incredibly nooby. I could never get more annoyed over a death when it is caused by some random idiot shooting random bullets.
I'm not gonna lie, when you see an idiot jump right on those things on Downpour, there's a good chance it's me. :lol: It is random, but focused in certain areas. With some good help, you can make it pretty tough to even look at the mounted gun.
On another note I just got to level 53 and 0.74 K/D. I'm without doubt the greatest Cod player ever.
If the point of the game was to get as close to .74 k/d as possible, when you are at level 53, you'd be the fourth best player I know. Damn it, I forgot about my mom, you'd be the fifth best player for sure.
 
Last edited:
What the F is a BF2? I'm not sure if I wanna know. :sly:
Sorry for not explaining. ;) BF2 stands for Battlefield 2, a very popular squad-based shooter on the PC platform. :) There have been some Battlefield incarnations on the consoles, but none of them are on par with that game, unfortunately.
 
Sorry for not explaining. ;) BF2 stands for Battlefield 2, a very popular squad-based shooter on the PC platform. :) There have been some Battlefield incarnations on the consoles, but none of them are on par with that game, unfortunately.

You want squad based? Rainbow Six Vegas 2, or Battlefield Bad Company I'd imagine.

As mentioned, if we could all play together, we could embarass most opponents with ease.
 
As mentioned, if we could all play together, we could embarass most opponents with ease.
Yes, especially when using voice chat to coordinate actions. :)
 
Hello there Mr DC will you be on later tonight about 8pm UK time :)
 
If the point of the game was to get as close to .74 k/d as possible, when you are at level 53, you'd be the fourth best player I know. Damn it, I forgot about my mom, you'd be the fifth best player for sure.

I'm pretty confident that is the point of the game. What would you prefer to be that or one of these fanboy's, probably from CA, with 45 days playtime.
 
Hello there Mr DC will you be on later tonight about 8pm UK time :)
I think I will, though I am not sure if I will be playing CoD4 or Far Cry 2. ;) But I think a few games with the crew sounds nice. :)
 
The WAW sub section is deader than you could believe so im going to ask everyone here the question since it doesn't have to be in WAW because it crosses over. What is the best way to get your level up in COD? And why is your way the best? I have heard people so to just stick to one gun until you do all of its challenges, and i would think if i went for the higher point challenges it would be easier for some of the weapons. E.g. a bolt action rifle with only iron sights, you fire a round and before you can pop them one more time to finish the job they lit you up. But if i had slight of hand getting the sniper scope for that gun would be allot easier because it would reload quick and be ready for the next life ending round. So, whats your opinions?
 
Depends on player skill, highly skilled player can upgrade each weapon and get the bonus points. Lesser players are best of going for kills and objectives. HQ also helps alot on COD4 at least, as does search and destroy if you can do well in it.
 
I have stuck with the m60e4 and am about 30 headshots away from completing it (do you get gold lmg's?), I tend to just look at the challenges, get the easy ones out of the way and go for the hard ones. Also, team deathmatch because I enjoy it and possibly the other higher point games if I get into them more.
 
Back