Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pebb
  • 6,024 comments
  • 315,832 views
Thanks for the input so far mates. I basically have different guns and perks saved that i use for whatever the situation calls for. E.g. start off with stopping power and when they get uav i switch to one with jammer on. I have finished most of the challenges as far as guns go for the WAW beta, just have to work on the shotguns and the bolt action i have. The bolt action is proving to be a little hard because it takes 2 shots to kill and by the time you hit them once and have to wait on the reload your dead, so im saving that for when i get faster reloading perk. Looks like im on the right road from whats been said. Im not the best player but not the worst, i would say im somewhere in the middle of very good and ok.
 
I have stuck with the m60e4 and am about 30 headshots away from completing it (do you get gold lmg's?), I tend to just look at the challenges, get the easy ones out of the way and go for the hard ones. Also, team deathmatch because I enjoy it and possibly the other higher point games if I get into them more.

The gold LMG is the M60 👍 I personally prefer RPD w/ Grip but different strokes for different folks :dopey:

Regarding class setups (for cod4 though..) These are my custom classes:

Short Range (usually MP5 SD)
Medium Range (M4, AK47 mostly)
Med/Long Range (G3, M16, RPD, ACOG sniper)
Makeshift (generally if I want to make a setup for a particular map/game mode)
Makeshift (M40A3, R700, or occasionaly AK-74u+Dragunov)
 
Last edited:
Thats good that I chose the right LMG to go gold on. I have these guns with perks I cant remember right now.

1.M60E4 with ACOG scope.
2.AK47-U with red dot sight.
3.Don't remember.
4. Sniper (Bolt Action, going to change.)
5. Shotgun(the second one)
 
Thats good that I chose the right LMG to go gold on. I have these guns with perks I cant remember right now.

1.M60E4 with ACOG scope.
2.AK47-U with red dot sight.
3.Don't remember.
4. Sniper (Bolt Action, going to change.)
5. Shotgun(the second one)

You know you have to get 150 headshots on every gun in that class right?
 
Ahhh!!! Your kidding me!!!!

Ill get there...
 
Do you guys think there will still be a strong online following after R2 and Killzone are released?
 
Hey, Legendary, remember that night we were playing those Sabotage matches? Remember the awesome ones at Wet Work? I was owning with the Drag doing headshots ( I got 17) and I killed a guy soo many times he was destined to kill me. Every single time he came to the same place to try and kill me and finally he did. He killed me at least 4 times in a row. After that he sent me a friend request. He was in our party by the name of NickelPlated45s. Remember him?
 
Yeah, my god I lost an incredible amount of points that match, I must of racked up 1000points in challenges and several headshots and about 300 kills. I was so ticked when that connection error came up.

Also, I have chat now, so I can talk.
 
Easier to get than the golden AK-47 though!


Im really close to getting that gold AK! If i were to stop playing the waw beta for a bit i would be there.
 
Do you guys think there will still be a strong online following after R2 and Killzone are released?

I think WaW is the biggest 'threat' to COD4's online popularity. Does anybody still play COD3?
 
Does anybody still play COD3?
My mate does occasionally, but hardly anyone does anymore. It wasn't the best online...
 
Some parts of WaW I've enjoyed, but I do not like the game. It's only a beta, but I still prefer CoD4, and its modern weapons.
 
A6m5 and I just wooped some asss. Of course, I wooped it harder. But still. A6M5 had some pretty hard ass as well, but not up to my assss, cause my asss is unwoopable, even with one bar of connection, and a6m555 kicking assss by my side.
 
I could barely keep up with you. :sly:

I gotta issue. Often, when I run with people I know, my game suffers quite a bit. I was playing on Xbox earlier, my k/d was probably over 3, maybe 4. Then I joined breakpoint, and after some of the respawn, I was dead before I even got to fire a shot. :ouch: Later in the evening, I was on PS3 for just few, I was doing great. I get on it with Casio, I think my k/d went down by a half or something. Maybe coincidence, I don't know.
 
I think WaW is the biggest 'threat' to COD4's online popularity. Does anybody still play COD3?

G.T
My mate does occasionally, but hardly anyone does anymore. It wasn't the best online...

In my opinion COD 3 online was in some parts better than COD 4 online. For starters Treyarch implemented host migration which was really good.

COD 4 really grinds on me when you are just about to start and then the 🤬 host quits and it ends the game instantly or when your side is kicking the 🤬 out of the other team and then the host quits......you got it, back to the drawing board.

Also cod 3 let you decide which map you wanted to use in the ''lobby screen'' and if you wanted to you could stay on that particular map for as long as you wanted, and if you quit the hosting rights moved onto someone else [host migration] 👍

Another thing COD 3 will always hold a special place in my heart because it was my very first taste of online gaming. I miss Eder Damn :(
 
Last edited:
Closing in on 1000000 points, only 2 weeks longer than Jamez.
 
Ill get on soon, just doing other stuff.
 
I could barely keep up with you. :sly:

I gotta issue. Often, when I run with people I know, my game suffers quite a bit. I was playing on Xbox earlier, my k/d was probably over 3, maybe 4. Then I joined breakpoint, and after some of the respawn, I was dead before I even got to fire a shot. :ouch:


I guess you don't like the Drag:)

That match was a turd because everyone on my team was just hanging out behind the walls on bog with sniper rifles. I start off with one so i can pick of a few people that run out from behind the building but soon as i get to cover i change my class to a gunner set-up. I can't stand just sitting there the entire time and such.
 
55.

Figjam.

Now up to .75 K/D
 
Should i go prestige? I dunno. Maybe ill try to do all the challenges then prestige...
 
Do it, the challenges take too long anyways. Start with HQ with MP5. Speaking of challenges, I finished Counter-C4 III today. I intentionally wasn't going for it, just waiting for a fluke grenade+C4 kill. That was my last non-weapon challenge, haven't red tiger'd the SAW and M60 because I don't use them.
 
The mounted machine guns cause you to die like instantly if you're playing with decent players, you can hear it a mile away.

On another note I just got to level 53 and 0.74 K/D. I'm without doubt the greatest Cod player ever.

I have the same ratio, somehow.
 
Sorry about before ceiling fan. Too many people using the interwebz connection and I was reduced to 20kb a sec. Thereabouts anyway. Had to have dinner too.
 
I worked out that if you add AUS or something else as your clan tag, it pairs you with other people who have AUS as a tag most of the time. It is good to have a nice connection for once.
 
Well I'm back on COD tonight for a bit, see how things go :)
 
Im level 44:) Getting good at hardcore search and destroy, the amount of points is great.
 
Back