Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pebb
  • 6,024 comments
  • 315,823 views
What are the chances that the extra maps will be free once W@W is released?
 
I was wondering that to, hope so. They already reduced the price for that limited time before (not sure what it's at now). Who knows.
 
Basically no chance. Apparently cod3 had maps and I have read that you still have to pay for them :(

I'm getting WaW for christmas so on modern warfare I will have a few prestiges and then it might be over depending on whether WaW is worth my time or not.
 
Aparently I'm a spawn camper after clocking up 49-12 in Sabotage (not even that great) for trying to plant the bomb in their (you guessed it) spawn where it's supposed to go!
 
Its not that much money just to buy the maps, and having a few more maps is worth a few dollars/pounds etc. Go without eating out for a few days and you will have enough to buy them just with that small sacrifice.
 
I still don't have the original(add) map pack. :p I already have prepaid for the WaW, but I still prefer CoD4, so if they can expand the CoD4 little bit more, that would be awesome.

Come to think of it though, if not enough people buy the new map packs, we won't have enough people to play the new maps. And if they were free, people would put off buying WaW, so Activision would never allow that. :guilty:

P.S. I don't know if I told you guys this story, but I emailed Activision asking why my "Game of the Year" edition didn't come with the free map pack. They replied that only GoY(game of the year) that had the round stickers mentioning the free maps on the package came with them.

I had to ask them, what then, do people get with the GoY Edition. Their reply: Latest Xbox Live updates.
 
ceiling fan, how long you've been back on CoD? I luckily stumbled onto you & my buddies party tonight. I popped in the new DVD I bought tonight into my PS3, and saw you guys playing CoD4, I was able to join in.

Like you said, it was amateur's night. :lol: My k/d in those games were probably like 4, 5, and it shouldn't have been that low, they were that bad. :dopey:
 
Yeah, 750 to 160, pretty big margin of victory. Had a TON of good games tonight, it's now 4 in the morning and I'm frazzled. KDR went up to 1.21. My KDR for all of tonight must've been 4 or so :eek:
 
KDR of 4 unless you're me is hax.

I think I'm up to .78 now or something. Between 4pm and 10pm local time I can generally get on Aussie servers most of the time, outside of those hours I'm not playing as much now cause I can never get a good connection.
 
I'm going to be online tonight for a loong time 'till a fall asleep or the girlfriend calls.
 
Had a couples cool rounds yesterday : First round Creek, 47-5 Domination, points 666:trouble: all on chat talking about me.. Next round, crash TD, cant remember k/d ratio but now I got 333 :scared: got a creepy feeling that night!
 
I had great fun sniping with my friend before you came on Volcano, then we joined that hardcore map with a pretty useless team against a co-ordinated opponent and had no chance which put me back to 2.15 after going from 2.14-16 during my sniper session. I think my most deaths during my sniping session was 5 with most games being under 3, in ground war as we had 2 snipers (2 snipers in every game and map so inappropriate for 6 man teams we figured).

I was getting arond 20 kills per game depending on the map, some I used the UAV jammer then swapped out to stopping power if movement became difficult,, R700 either way for me :).

Also sprouted probably my most miraculous moment in COD to date, topping my 34 streak on the cool factor by miles. Vacant Ground War TDM was the game, with my R700 + Jammer equiped. We started indoors so I stayed around the left side of the map watching the outdoor section as best I could without moving forward into the little warehouse. Sniped 3-4 guys here then began advancing, caught another as I dropped down to the right hand side and moved round the petrol truck outside, popped another 2 looking across towards the 2 dumpsters and moved right in behind the wall (the little square section next to what would be flag A in domination.

Then disaster struck, I realised I was the ONLY person outside on my team, golden eagle in hand against the entirety of the other team near enough on top of me spawning. Adrenaline kicked in and I got out of my prone hiding position, bang headshotted one guy and saw 2 more coming, lay down and threw a smoke. Popped 1 of them as they came through it got up, popped the other with a couple shots. Another 3 appear, first of which falls foul when I peek around the back and find him, another comes behind and gets blasted multiple times by the mighty eagle. The final guy runs across into the little dead end, peeks around and finds a high caliber pistol bullet to the face. I decide it's time to get out (so glad I had extreme conditioning) I just bolted back the way I came behind the truck and hid in the little metal hut, somehow still alive I hit PS to mail my friend what happened. 6 guys taken down by the desert eagle when I was giving away my location each shot and all at close range. I only had a clip left in it at the end of it all.

It's the kind of moment that makes me love sniping, caught behind enemy lines with just a pistol and knife for you to defend yourself followed by a mad dash for safety, so much more excillerating then normal run and gun play. I had many a great moment last night in such situations, 6-7 times I found myself IN the enemy spawn alone and managed to escape or remain hidden even though I was firing non silenced weapons.
 
God, I'd pay to see the replay video of that game. :lol: Good job!
 
It was a great nights sniping for me all round, getting caught behind the lines in a Ground War is even more intense, probably the best sniping game mode because you get more of those, battles amongst battles situation when you snipe and one guy on the other team is sniping to, even if you never see each other you're constantly aware of the other marksmans presence, with such big teams the shots come raining down everywhere so it feels a little more like true combat. I often find myself trying to track enemy snipers down whilst the firefight rages around me either by going for the classic stab in the throat, or simply out smarting them and taking their head off from a hidden position. That's what led me into the enemy spawn at times, I tracked a sniper into the barn on Overgrown this morning, found 3 guys storming out as came up to it from the dry riverbed, hid myself away then picked off the ones who came my way once they had passed me with my rifle, stormed in knifed the sniper and ran back when I noticed 4-5 guys outside the barn on the farmland, then hid next to a car in a corner by the barn with my partner (also sniping from the other end of the bridge with me in clear view) nailing guys left and right of me whilst I sat there very silently going completely unnoticed until I could eventually run back into the river. The host then quit whilst I still had no deaths :lol:
 
Last edited:
Ill probably be on later today, just had a day without ps3!!!!!!
 
Damn, I wish I had your ultra hax skills, Drago. :(
I suck at sniping SO bad. It's not that I miss the shots, it's that they always find me one way or the other. I'm so bad at hiding.

Anywayyysss, last night I got the ACOG for the Dragunov. It's pretty amazing if you have Stopping Power on. Went 22/4 on Pipeline with that.
Dragunov:
Flash x3
Stopping Power
Steady Aim (for those close situations)

It still doesn't beat the M40 + ACOG in my opinion, it just depends on the type of sniper. Now my goal is to get the ACOG for the M21.
 
Dragunov+Steady Aim is hilarious in those close situations, works surprisingly well except for running out of ammo quickly. I'd personally use Claymores, even if I'm run+gunning.

One thing I've enjoyed doing in S&D is planting two C4 under one of the bombs, and then guarding the other. There've been a LOT of times where it's just one-on-one at the end, and as soon as the bomb get's planted BOOM! I can then do whatever before defusing, including but not limited to

  • Running to the bomb but about 10 ten feet before I walk r e a l l y s l o w l y to the bomb
  • Setting sensitivity to 10 and spinning around ridiculously fast whilst defusing
  • Shooting a smiley face or FU into the ground
  • Making an outline of the dead body next to the ground
  • Mash night vision, spin around, and crouch repeatedly while defusing
  • Mash triangle for 20 seconds
  • Wait until 5.5 seconds before defusing, I've seen a lot of people screw this up
  • *gasp* defuse the bomb
 
Last edited:
That is an awesome idea. Im going to try.
 
  • Shooting a smiley face or FU into the ground
  • Making an outline of the dead body next to the ground
If you ever pull this stuff on me, I'm gonna find out where you live........ waitaminute, I don't play S&D. :D
 
That is an awesome idea. Im going to try.

One thing, you must put them UNDER the bomb, in between the two pieces of wood holding it up, one C4 isn't always enough, and it's kind of embarassing when you try to remotely own someone but phail. Also, they'll almost never see it when it's under there. If they do see it (Bomb Squad helps :dopey:) they'll shoot it which you'll hear no matter how far away you are.

Another thing (this is more common but it still works) is to plant a pack of Charlie (:D) at a domination flag, and when you hear the announcer dude say "Losing A!" or the letter icon is flashing* just blow that sucker and you'll likely solve the problem remotely :D

* I didn't realize the letter flashing this for a long time, and a lot of people don't notice the letter flashing either (headquarters has the same thing) In HQ, the last guy on your team can be camping oblivious to the fact he's getting pwned and it's painful to watch.
 
Last edited:
Im getting close to first prestige, level 47:D
 
Damn, I wish I had your ultra hax skills, Drago. :(
I suck at sniping SO bad. It's not that I miss the shots, it's that they always find me one way or the other. I'm so bad at hiding.

Anywayyysss, last night I got the ACOG for the Dragunov.

Hiding on FPS games is an acquired skill, comes with experience because you need to get used to being aware of your actual player, rather then 'if i can see them they can see me' which is often not true as your limbs or whatever stick out.

I don't like sticking ACOGs on my snipers, I really don't see the point of it, might as well stick one on an M16 and use that if you like them. Half the point of the sniper is the scope I think, for increased vision.


@CF

You should try 'ninja' defuses as they're most commonly known, when you prone right on the guy who's planting a bomb, and defuse it as soon as he plants and gets up. This sends them int mass confusion, as does any sort of hiding around the planter and defusing the bomb 2-3 seconds after they put it down.
 
M16-ACOG is great for snipe-challenged players like myself. :D
 
so you guys think that COD4 is going to just DIE after CODWaW comes out?
 
...rather then 'if i can see them they can see me' which is often not true as your limbs or whatever stick out.

As well as your gun!




I don't like sticking ACOGs on my snipers, I really don't see the point of it, might as well stick one on an M16 and use that if you like them. Half the point of the sniper is the scope I think, for increased vision.
I know what you mean, and the sway drives me nuts on the bolt-action rifles because you swear it's lined up but you don't make contact, M40 is instant kill no matter what (unless it's through a wall or a Juggernub/Last Standnub) and missing a shot can be the difference between life and death on such a slow firing rifle. They are fun to use, though. A great setup (kinda cheap, admittedly) is

M21 w/ACOG
Bandolier
Stopping Power/Sleight of hand
Steady Aim

This way you can use it as a higher powered M14 with LESS recoil. The drawbacks are the small magazine size (Bandolier is a must), Stopping Power to make the most of your bullets, and Steady Aim (A must with any weapon w/ACOG imo)

You should try 'ninja' defuses as they're most commonly known, when you prone right on the guy who's planting a bomb, and defuse it as soon as he plants and gets up. This sends them int mass confusion, as does any sort of hiding around the planter and defusing the bomb 2-3 seconds after they put it down.

Ninja defuses are hilarious. The best place is Chinatown B (buy the bloody maps!) because people usually run to the two story building after planting. I more often do 'obnoxious-ninja' defuses, for example on Broadcast (buy the bloody maps!) the planter can plant the bomb at B within 15 seconds of the match starting. Odds are no teammates followed him so you kill him and defuse before they realize what's happening, and if they do, they're likely too far away to do anything.

M16-ACOG is great for snipe-challenged players like myself. :D

That's one of the rare times I would use Overkill, I'd put a SMG as a primary weapon (better mobility and will save your ass at close range) and the ACOG'd M16 as the secondary. I rarely can put the enemy down in one burst with M16 w/ACOG at range anyway and two bursts without SP should do the job. I'd put different perk 3's depending on the map, but Steady Aim might save you when you don't have time to switch to the SMG.
 
Last edited:
I wish we'd stop with the sniping talk. I suck so bad at it, but it is so much fun, it makes me wanna go run around with my R700. and die a lot. :lol:
That's one of the rare times I would use Overkill, I'd put a SMG as a primary weapon (better mobility and will save your ass at close range) and the ACOG'd M16 as the secondary. I rarely can put the enemy down in one burst with M16 w/ACOG at range anyway and two bursts without SP should do the job. I'd put different perk 3's depending on the map, but Steady Aim might save you when you don't have time to switch to the SMG.
This week, with all the noobs playing, there's been at least three times where I took down two bogeys with just one burst. I have stopping power, but no deep impact. Go figure! Unless there is a connection issue/lag, enemy usually go down with just one burst, so I stick with the stopping power. I do use the MP5 overkill with sniper rifle sometimes though.

No, I infact think WaW looks less fun then COD4.
I preordered it on X360, played the beta. But so far, at least by playing the beta, I am not impressed with the game at all. A lot has to do with the weapons. It is only a beta though, so I will try playing the heck out of it, once the game come out. I will reserve my judgement until then, but so far, I can't see myself stop playing CoD4 over WaW.
 
Unless there is a connection issue/lag, enemy usually go down with just one burst, so I stick with the stopping power. I do use the MP5 overkill with sniper rifle sometimes though.

I do one burst if the enemy is not moving much or at close range, but at long range (where the scope comes into play) I tend to need at least two bursts.

Then again, my accuracy is pretty awful. I reached 1000000 misses the other day :lol:

I'm somewhere around 997000 score, I never really paid attention but does match bonus affect your score on the leaderboards? Because an average match of SND will see maybe 300 score + 350 match bonus. One of my friends got 1175 score one match, 17 kills, 1 assist, 2 plants and one defuse :eek: His score is over 2.5million and has over 20,000 wins. To think he only has 4 days more playtime than me :lol: But dayumn.
 
Last edited:
Back