Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pebb
  • 6,024 comments
  • 315,826 views
I do one burst if the enemy is not moving much or at close range, but at long range (where the scope comes into play) I tend to need at least two bursts.

Then again, my accuracy is pretty awful. I reached 1000000 misses the other day :lol:

I'm somewhere around 997000 score, I never really paid attention but does match bonus affect your score on the leaderboards? Because an average match of SND will see maybe 300 score + 350 match bonus. One of my friends got 1175 score one match, 17 kills, 1 assist, 2 plants and one defuse :eek: His score is over 2.5million and has over 20,000 wins. To think he only has 4 days more playtime than me :lol: But dayumn.
Are you on noww? Lets play
 
Nope, I'm across the country at the moment, I'll be back in a few days. Nice sig by the way.
 
I wonder if this game is gonna be abandoned in a few days for World at War? I really hope it isn't, modern weapons are so much more interesting.
 
I think we'll see a decent-sized dip for a week, then it'll return but not entirely. It definitely won't be abandoned.
 
Im not getting it till christmas, it wont be abandoned.
 
Nope, I'm across the country at the moment, I'll be back in a few days. Nice sig by the way.
Damn >.< your fun to play with. (oh Snap!)

Let us know when your back!
 
My respawn is in 4 days or so, depends when I actually get on though.
 
What's the deal Ceiling, been a while since we played LOL, I think we played only once. I'll be sure to send an invite your way next time I see you on.

I won't be getting W@W, I ran out of space on my "World War" games shelf, don't need any more of those. I'm staying on CoD4 until IW's next installment of the CoD series.
 
I've actually never played a WW2 game :eek:

Yeah I'm on all the time, just not the past few days due to being a few thousand miles from my PS3...
 
I've actually never played a WW2 game :eek:

Yeah I'm on all the time, just not the past few days due to being a few thousand miles from my PS3...

Exactly where are you at?
 
I was about to ask the same question...
 
I've actually never played a WW2 game :eek:

Yeah I'm on all the time, just not the past few days due to being a few thousand miles from my PS3...

I have played my fair share (every COD and MOH up until European Assault), my favourite was likely COD1 or Medal of Honour Frontline just for the Normandy landing. MOH was ruined as they added more and more unrealistic features each time, COD was much better overall but none of them stood out as much to me as the original (until 4 of course).

I'm not looking forward to World at War though still, it's another game to me that I know will likely be good, but not worthy of a purchase. I think I'll always enjoy COD4 more as it's modern warfare instead of the over familiarity of WW2. The only weapon I'd want W@W for is the Mosin Nagant, probably my favourite weapon period equaled by the new to me in COD4 R700.
 
I'm in New York for Grandfathers funeral.

Hopefully WAW will be good, because I just bought it :)
 
!!!!!!! You beut. Is it good? Oh yeah, you havn't played it but tell me if it is worth it.
 
My video store is SOOOO BLOODY LEGENDARY!!! Fancy leaving the variety map pack code in the box.....my god. It copied it down and boom it works, thank you civic video!!!
 
I'm sure I've said it before, but WWII guns just suck. Don't get me wrong, P38's like one of my favorites, all time. But I also prefer CoD4 for the modern firearms. My buddies are telling me that next one's supposed to be future weapons? If so, unless I'm really bored, count-me-out!

P.S. I'm getting owned pretty hard in WaW, k/d is 1.20. Actually, I'm pretty sure it is a better start than I got in CoD4. I guess I am getting better at FPS, finally. :)
 
I really doubt future guns because, if it is...I'd rather get halo...
 
I'd rather have COD with future weapons then Halo, but i'd rather WW2 guns over future and rather current weapon or anything since the M16s and AKs came about really. I'd much rather fire a 30 clip of bullets then lasers and WW2 weapons are just boring now and so so overdone. The amount of times I've found myself staring down the barrel of MG42 buzzsaws on games whilst being armed with a Garand is ridiculous these days. COD4 was I think the first modern game to really be a success on the console, and it's the first I've stuck by for so long. The only modern game I've spent alot of time with before was the SOCOM series.
 
I guess im alone thinking if a "future" type war game was done properly it would be fare. I hate halo, i tried playing halo 3 online and its just pathetic. I loved halo 2, i never played it online but played many of multiplayer matches because those are the most fun. Cod4 is the first game that ive played online to where i was like, wow....they put effort into the online play. Hopefully whatever they do will be up to the cod4 standards or past them. Im sure they know they have to do better because of the success of cod4.
 
Well I suck at halo 3. And Ive never been into halo at all. I dont really like it, but I think its obviously one of the best multiplayer experiences to be had. Its very well balanced, and can be a lot of fun. The stat tracking is great, and screenshots and videos are even cooler. It is a great mulitplayer game.
 
I suck at the new downloadable maps in cod4...I get owned in every corner.
 
Beware of Kill House, Legendary. People ALWAYS camp on the corners with M60s.
 
Well I suck at halo 3. And Ive never been into halo at all. I dont really like it, but I think its obviously one of the best multiplayer experiences to be had. Its very well balanced, and can be a lot of fun. The stat tracking is great, and screenshots and videos are even cooler. It is a great mulitplayer game.

I hated Halo 3 online so, so much. Not because of the weapons, but the mechanics of it. I find myself pumping lead into someones face but they can kill me quicker by shooting me in the chest THEN head once the shield went err... what? Then there's the standard military tactics that have no relevance. Set up a perimeter and you just look silly staying still, accuracy remains steady regardless of movement so you're just an easier target. Auto-aim effect is to high, even snipers don't have to aim directly at the enemy. Then there's the radar that says hey everybody I can't sneak behind anyone with a brain cus it's like having a UAV all the time unless I crouch and go so slowly I don't get there in time.

All of these wouldn't be present in a COD To The Future, but weapon for weapon, I still prefer the present to whatever they may come up with.
 
Those are all the things i hated about halo 3 also. I played through the single player and tried the multi then sold it :) Hey look, i just shot you in the face 12 times and you killed me by punching me once.....
 
I havent played kill house yet....it hasn't popped up.

What is ceiling fan on about^^
 
You'll only see it in Free For All, Team Tactical, Cage Match, and Old-School Free-for-all.
 
I've seen it in TDM on X360 before at my friends. Standard 6 V 6 TDM.
 
Back