Demo at Grand Prix?

  • Thread starter Thread starter spawn9999999
  • 27 comments
  • 1,074 views
Messages
200
The Denver Grand Prix is coming up soon, and I am pretty sure I am going. On the official website, it says there will be simulators in the Expo. Do you think this could possibly mean a GT4 booth could be included??
 
What sort of Grand Prix gets held at Denver?
 
I doubt GT4 will be there, but indeed. It's an F1 race according to their site.
 
There's no Formula 1 race at Denver... Maybe for historic cars?

BTW, you've stolen both my style and title. 57 a day? o_O
 
He is talking about the Champ car race.
 
There are Champ cars, Vintage cars, toyota Atlantic series, and others. Last time I was there, I think either PGR2 or GT3 was there, so is it not realistic to think GT4 might be there?? Read about the lifestyle expo on the website: www.grandprixofdenver.com

I also saw Mario Andretti there last time.
 
why would something big like GT4 Simulators be at something small like a Champ Car race... in Denver no less

btw, Darin, != is programmer terminology for "Does not Equal"
 
incubusnb
why would something big like GT4 Simulators be at something small like a Champ Car race... in Denver no less
Why not?? This is like one of the biggest events in Denver, and Denver is the largest city in the Rocky Mountain area. Its not a small Champ car race.....it's over an entire weekend. It's pretty dang big.
 
spawn9999999
Why not?? This is like one of the biggest events in Denver, and Denver is the largest city in the Rocky Mountain area. Its not a small Champ car race.....it's over an entire weekend. It's pretty dang big.

I guessing it's Toronto, but do they race through the city? Or outside it?
 
McLaren F1GTR
I guessing it's Toronto, but do they race through the city? Or outside it?

^what are you Drinking? :) It's in Denver. The city? you know, come on. Did you read the previous posts.

Champ car is pretty big in the US. It gets full coverage on TV. I wouldn't be suprised to see a GT4 stand.
 
Maybe... :cheers:

Well I enjoy any races that take place on city streets. Except for when the IRL come to Texas.
 
There's an F1 race through Montreal and a Champ Car race in Toronto.

GT (as far as we know) has little to do with Champ Car so I'd be surprised to see GT4 on display there - especially given the crappy treatment thus far of North America.
 
Why would an insignificant champ car race draw the likes of PD and Sony?
 
Eagle
especially given the crappy treatment thus far of North America.

Do you mean the treatment N.america has given GT or the other way around? Are you talking about how we didn't get lambo and our release date are late?
 
xcsti
Do you mean the treatment N.america has given GT or the other way around? Are you talking about how we didn't get lambo and our release date are late?

I don't think he's talking about a release date or the Lamborghini.
 
no offense, but Denver really isn't that important to the world at Large, i bet most Japanese people don't even know what a Denver is.

if they where gonna put a sim at an Open wheel race event it would probably be the Indianapolis 500 or something, but frankly i think the most logical place would be at a JGTC event
 
xcsti
Like the one in California in december

Yeah. It is good to see the JGTC expanding now. 2 years ago, it only stayed in Japan, and just this year (or last) it has just reached the US.
 
Are there any U.S. cars currently competing in the JGTC races. I would think none since it is a Japan racing league.
 
icemanshooter23
Are there any U.S. cars currently competing in the JGTC races. I would think none since it is a Japan racing league.

I think 2 or 3 Vipers are. It has expanded in the number of cars since it came out.

EDIT: Nevermind. I don't think there are.

BTW, for those who are talking about the GT500 class. Not every car in the class sits at 500HP.

The cars are either 480+ or 500+
which means some exceed 500HP.
 
I would think the other teams would have a very large experience advantage over the Vipers so I would think that they aren't doing to well. But maybe i'm wrong,if anyone knows, how are they doing?
 
McLaren F1GTR
I don't think he's talking about a release date or the Lamborghini.

I think he's talking about the lack of GTConcept & GT4:Prologue...

And don't forget that PAL didn't get the Lambo either... and we can't even access it with cheat codes like the US can (From what I read!).

C.
 
I believe the Diablo isn't even available via cracks in GT3 PAL, but I'm not 100% certain. I used 'of' North America, not 'by', thus I meant the crappy treatment of America by PD (no Prologue/Concept as stated, lame demos).

I too doubt Denver rates a mention on an international scale, you'd be far more likely to see GT4 at another GT racing meet like the Spa 24 hour last weekend.
 
Back