Expert PP550/RWD Suzuka 10laps (World Event) xx:00 / xx:30

The Clio is quick, a Lotus too, and the NSX of course. Good luck in an RX-7.!
i just got trounced by Solarr in his Clio. doh !

The Clio at 550pp on Suzuka has given me some of the best racing ever! I know it's a favorite of some hooligan drivers, but if you get on the track with a bunch of respectable fellows in Clios it is loads of fun. :D

I think I'll try a few cars as well, see you guys on the track :cheers:

Thanks for the new thread, ripping 👍

The Clio is certainly quick. Almost 2sec quicker for me than the NSX. Although Honda on S, Renault on R tyres.
Maybe i will dance with the devil for a few races and run the little hatch. I can imagine that it could be some good racing with a crowd of them.

(np El-Z, cheers)

👍

Nice one ripping_silk. I was hoping something would come up as I really enjoyed the Audi event at Suzuka last month. Better get some serious practice in now! :)

You won't catch me in that car.

oreerry2.jpg

Ha ha, sorry, just kidding, I couldn't resist. :embarrassed:

Yes I think most of us are familiar with your position on car selection. Perhaps when you find one you like, you can start a one-make event for those who want a change from the golden cars. 👍

Yeah, forgot about the Clio. Looks like we're going to have a damn Clio fest here. :(

I feel the same, to the point that I won't even touch 550 RWD at all unless I want to drift, there's nothing in there that I can drive competitively and enjoy, I can't stand the Clio at all as a car to drive either tuned or normal. For me I'll stick with 700 HSR on this, where Clio/Ts are there but not dominant.

I'd be mid pack in the scheme of things.
Clio: 2'15's (14's on a v.good lap). NSX/512BB: 2'17's (16's on a good lap). or thereabouts.
Obviously, many will go a lot quicker.

Yes I think most of us are familiar with your position on car selection. Perhaps when you find one you like, you can start a one-make event for those who want a change from the golden cars. 👍

Nah, that's ok. :D

Edit: I can't find anything that runs faster than a 2:18, so it looks like I'm gonna sit out of this one guys.

Last edited:
Nah, that's ok. :D

Edit: I can't find anything that runs faster than a 2:18, so it looks like I'm gonna sit out of this one guys.

If I remember correctly R1600Turbo, you are damn competitive with the the Mazda RX8.

The last time this event was on, I've managed to get the much hated Clio(I like her) to 2'14.8s. I tried my damdest yesterday to beat that time, but can only get her to 2'15.0s. I don't even know how in the hell you people get her into the 13s....:crazy::scared::drool:

The last time this event was on, I've managed to get the much hated Clio(I like her) to 2'14.8s. I tried my damdest yesterday to beat that time, but can only get her to 2'15.0s. I don't even know how in the hell you people get her into the 13s....:crazy::scared::drool:

Dude, there are 2 guys that barely scraped the top of the 13s... it's not like all your friends are in the express line at Walmart with a cart full of them :lol:

http://gtdb.net/?laps/1/550/0/*/3/R

You've got a very fast time there sir. :cheers:

1215866429-45384_full.jpg

That just proves my point. These RWD races tend to be one-sided with that damn Clio. Every car I tested last night was within 1-2 seconds of each other, but still 3+ seconds slower than the Clio. Thinking I might start a race here for every car BUT the Clio, depending on interest of course. :sly:

That just proves my point. These RWD races tend to be one-sided with that damn Clio. Every car I tested last night was within 1-2 seconds of each other, but still 3+ seconds slower than the Clio. Thinking I might start a race here for every car BUT the Clio, depending on interest of course. :sly:

True the Clio is much faster, but I wouldn't mind doing some exclusive Clio races either. It can hardly be called a cheaters car if everyone has them ?

Its getting very complicated with these 1 make events. The other 1 make events still have no proper start time as they haven't been edited from when it was 5 laps.
Perhaps we could do something like
All in: xx:00, xx:30
Clio: xx:05, xx:35
NSX: xx:10, xx:40
512: xx:15, xx:45
+2 more that can fit in 1 hour.

Yeah, if you're into spec racing then power to ya. But you know me, if it's not different and competitive, then count me out. Can someone hit the fast forward button so November will get here, like, tomorrow? :lol:

Any interest in the Lotus 111R (untuned), R1/R1? I managed a 2'15.840 with a quick tune, and we all know I ain't all that fast. It seems to be about the same as the RX8.

Last edited:
This particular event, the "All In" @ xx:00 xx:30 can easily be changed to a 'no Clios' rule (and that might be wise), but to be honest I've not come across to many of them, and often those Clios are not driven that quick. I got the better of a couple of them last night with an M3.

Clio or no Clio really it doesn't matter. It's really getting complicated at this point. It's hard enought getting 7-8 people per grid. Keep on creating different one make events all over the place, and soon you'll log onto to a grid of three per race. Then it just won't be fun for anyone with any car. That's just me and my humble opinion.

Clio or no Clio really it doesn't matter. It's really getting complicated at this point. It's hard enought getting 7-8 people per grid. Keep on creating different one make events all over the place, and soon you'll log onto to a grid of three per race. Then it just won't be fun for anyone with any car. That's just me and my humble opinion.

Thank you sir.

Clio vs 111r is a perfect match. 2 13's should be around in the 111r soon, if I reach it that will be my first youtube video ;)

When it comes to competition, I would race lawn mowers. The negative energy should stay out of the GT5P forum, and stay in the GT5 forum.

And I agree. I'm happy to do the 'all in' events at 00 and 30. If one of the other events gets a decent following I might head over there instead. But as R1600Turbo says, its good to have a menagerie of cars, Clios or no Clios. In the end, the 'users' will dictate the format, as there is a wide range of cars to pick from..

Yeah, while that is fairly true, everyone tends to pick the car that is the fastest, then it turns into a giant Spec race for a month. I'm going to work on some tunes tonight and see if I can come up with anything. What times were you running in the M3?

Clio vs 111r is a perfect match.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree here. While I personally enjoy the diversity in the Lotus vs. anything when I match with other racers randomly, I think staging an event with Lotus vs. anything is not the best idea. If you read through all the race threads we have had over the months and years, they are full of complaints about Lotus drivers that do not have the patience and respect to let the other cars do as they will in the places where the Lotus has a big advantage. I'm not suggesting that you're one of these drivers, I'm just saying that there are many out there, and my opinion is that organizing a Lotus vs. anything event should be avoided. :)

The negative energy should stay out of the ... forum.

👍

It doesn't do anyone any good when someone comes into these threads and primarily just complains. The negative energy should be harnessed for something more constructive- like hosting an event that has the characteristics that that person thinks the current event is lacking. :odd:

Back