Expert PP550/RWD Suzuka 10laps (World Event) xx:00 / xx:30

I'm bored to death right now at work and went back to look at the old Suzuka 550PP race from April 2009. I made a post that I was running on my best days with the Clio at 2'17s. I think I was using the pads at the time. Not long after that, I started using the wheels, and now running in the 2'14s with the same car. It really shows how much you can improve with the right equipment and a lot of seat can do.

No, crazytortise. No clutch is like moving a step backwards. You tell EL_ZISSOU to try and run that course with a clutch and see if he even comes remotely close to his granny 2'14.177 let alone my 2'14.033.

Are you kidding me, clutch has the advantage? lol, wow you make me laugh. Sorry for those that mis-informed you but letting the computer hold your man stick and shift for you so you don't make a mistake is not what i call racing. I might as well go back and use a controller. When you clutch your brain is working a lot harder than it has to when you're not clutching. I like to immerse myself into the gameplay. "Don't clutch" are you retarded.

Is this dude serious. Grow some balls and sell yourself so you can get a little money in your pocket to afford a g25 or my lovely G27. If you are good at what you do, you might even be able to afford a vision racer 3 (VR3).

Everyone that uses manual shift, controller, wheel without clutch cannot be taken serious. Ask anyone on here what is harder to do, clutch or no clutch.

This is bk4eva and I'm out.

Last edited:
Ran some 2'20s in an NSX-R. 5 seconds off the pace just like last time I came back from a long time away.

Gotta start from the bottom again but I got to get up to speed again before GT5 launches

Ran some 2'20s in an NSX-R. 5 seconds off the pace just like last time I came back from a long time away.

Gotta start from the bottom again but I got to get up to speed again before GT5 launches

WOW! Look whose back from the dead. First off thanks Earth for the saved data that you shared for all of us whose PS3 that had YLOD. I know mine did and I used the down load. Second, I'm looking forward to seeing you on the track again man. Won't be long before you'll be back to speed I'm sure.

There seems to be quite a few people around now who seem to hold a high opinion of themselves when it comes to settings to a specific car or track and how they love to tell us how quick they are with a clutch. OOOOOOOH so amazing, you have a CLUTCH!!👍👍

It's nice to see settings posted by someone who can get the quickest time, but no need to be smug about it. :ill: I for one am not the best tuner here but I am a reasonably good racer who can keep up with the best of them on a good day and I tune my cars in my own way first to see how well I do. I then go to TLD or Clacksman to see if I can fine tune my settings if I am still not quick enough. Once I feel I have a good set up it's then up to me to be as smooth and consistant as possible to get the best time so I can and finish as close to the front runners as I can.

Arcadish settings or not, if you have the skill to keep up and win races then thats all is needed. I'm hoping that the next Event Update will be much more interesting that will bring a wider range of Talent and give those a chance to show what they have to offer on track.

Hope to see you soon
👍👍

I'm still not sure what was ment by arcadish settings.

I'm with you on the rest of your post Spawn although I would not hold my breath for anything special in the next update.

That's GTPlanets biggest problem.Most of you are using arcadish driving settings.

Why is this a 'problem' for GTPlanet?

When it comes to major events (BC for example) any tune that gives you an advantage over others is paramount, regardless if the settings look 'arcadish' to those looking down from their high horse.

Your attitude reminds me of a certain new owner of a long running and well respected GT community forum & hot lap database site. He too looked down on others settings, even the settings created and used by the top drivers. The site died a very painful death because people aren't prepared to tollerate it.

The same applies to you.

Go troll somewhere else.

:confused:
That's GTPlanets biggest problem.Most of you are using arcadish driving settings.

I really would love to know what in the hell you mean by arcadish? This really tick me off to no ends. Why can't everyone play the game for the game and the spirit of the competition. All in all it is still an effing game. If you want realism race your car on a real track and stop bitching. What this game does is it takes some of us into the another realm where some of us who does not have the time or the money to compete in real life. It gives us the opportunity to race against other people all over the world. It let us befriend with people whose, really in life that you would not have the opportunity to meet if this game never existed. So why can't we appreciate the game just for that in itself. Oh and by the way, the damn game is not half bad either.

Question, why is it GTPlanet's problem?:confused:

Sorry for the rant guys. It's not in my character to do so, but I really had to say something. I'm done. :D

Arcadish or not...clutch is a advantage (on fuji I will go as far as say its a huge advantage) and to make the racing close and equal its prohibited in many GTP events. Thats a good thing 👍
Whats really annoying is when I meet a equal driver as me, and he got a edge on me only because he use clutch..

Talon;I dont know if you was sarcastic or not, but isnt standard physics with R3 tires and all aids on considered arcadish settings? Not saying its a arcade game, but if you want a more arcade feel thats defently possible.

Last edited:
:confused:

I really would love to know what in the hell you mean by arcadish? This really tick me off to no ends. Why can't everyone play the game for the game and the spirit of the competition. All in all it is still an effing game. If you want realism race your car on a real track and stop bitching. What this game does is it takes some of us into the another realm where some of us who does not have the time or the money to compete in real life. It gives us the opportunity to race against other people all over the world. It let us befriend with people whose, really in life that you would not have the opportunity to meet if this game never existed. So why can't we appreciate the game just for that in itself. Oh and by the way, the damn game is not half bad either.

Question, why is it GTPlanet's problem?:confused:

Sorry for the rant guys. It's not in my character to do so, but I really had to say something. I'm done. :D

👍 Well said. And in what way is anyone using arcadish settings? :confused: Thats not even possible in this game...

I gotta admitt the Clio is a fast car and if you trouble the camber and toe you will most probably just get a faster car less handling.

But if there are any good tunes anyone is willing to share just post it

Holla

I did a race now with the normal Clio and netted me a 2:17. I remember the last 550pp event also using the Clio I struggled with 2:20s. It is amazing what a little camber adjustment can do. Still running with my own tune, but will look into another tune for possible improvements.

God only knows how some of you freaks are lapping 2:13/14s JEEZ!!

Online racing seems to be busy of late, I guess many are getting prepared for GT5's launch. I think though as GT5 runs an updated and different physics engine, it may level the playing field a little at first, as I am sure there will be a lot of getting use too!!

Back