Expert PP550/RWD Suzuka 10laps (World Event) xx:00 / xx:30

Yeah, while that is fairly true, everyone tends to pick the car that is the fastest, then it turns into a giant Spec race for a month. I'm going to work on some tunes tonight and see if I can come up with anything. What times were you running in the M3?
I have to disagree with you on this. I've seen, and have driven, a huge range of cars in this 550 event. I find most people avoid the Clio because it is so much faster. OK if you must win the race, but may times you might be the only Clio, and things get pretty boring extending your lead every lap in every race. Don't get me wrong, the car is fun to drive, and if there is a few more on the grid to join you, great!
But the chances of a good race are better if you pick one of the runner-up cars.
M3 times... ummm.. a good one for me is mid to high 17 ?

It doesn't do anyone any good when someone comes into these threads and primarily just complains. The negative energy should be harnessed for something more constructive- like hosting an event that has the characteristics that that person thinks the current event is lacking. :odd:

If you say so. I don't have enough free time to host such an event.

I have to disagree with you on this. I've seen, and have driven, a huge range of cars in this 550 event. I find most people avoid the Clio because it is so much faster. OK if you must win the race, but may times you might be the only Clio, and things get pretty boring extending your lead every lap in every race. Don't get me wrong, the car is fun to drive, and if there is a few more on the grid to join you, great!
But the chances of a good race are better if you pick one of the runner-up cars.
M3 times... ummm.. a good one for me is mid to high 17 ?

I'm basing this off of my own previous experience, and what I have seen with my own two eyes. Remember the whole GT-R at Fuji thing last month? Same deal.

Hey guys,
No need to discriminate any car, lets just drive. We have only 4 months till the big game is here. Why not make this event to be the friendy one to any car and any racer. Lets have fastest guys (you know who you are) slow down little bit, let us follow you so we can learn something here. Why not wiat for super slow racers and show them they are welcome too.
Lets have some fun people!

Nice race TwistyBits! Thanks for waiting all this time. Sorry for my sudden brakes at lap 1 but i was trying to give you room as you were faster than me.

@ripping silk: You are too fast for me i couldn't follow.

Nice race TwistyBits! Thanks for waiting all this time. Sorry for my sudden brakes at lap 1 but i was trying to give you room as you were faster than me.

@ripping silk: You are too fast for me i couldn't follow.

No need to let me by. The 111R is just faster in some places, the M3 in others. :)

Unfortunately, I have to disagree here. While I personally enjoy the diversity in the Lotus vs. anything when I match with other racers randomly, I think staging an event with Lotus vs. anything is not the best idea. If you read through all the race threads we have had over the months and years, they are full of complaints about Lotus drivers that do not have the patience and respect to let the other cars do as they will in the places where the Lotus has a big advantage. I'm not suggesting that you're one of these drivers, I'm just saying that there are many out there, and my opinion is that organizing a Lotus vs. anything event should be avoided. :)

Ah, I wasn't suggesting, just mentioning. 👍
Clio is not king of the hill, that is all.

Ah, I wasn't suggesting, just mentioning. 👍
Clio is not king of the hill, that is all.

No it's not man. I've try chasing some of the sickly fast guy in the 111R before, and it's not easy. Try driving the Clio fast and consistent is also not easy... hahaha! I'll see ya soon dapper.

I got the 111r down to a consistent mid to low 2'14 (no clutch ;)), and a 2'14.264 is all I could muster tonight, although, I can see at least 0.3 left out there! Here is my setting if anyone would like to try it, or suggest how I can go faster 👍

unsure whether min power or max weight is faster
tires-R1/R1
height--39 -39
springs- 6 7
damper- 1 1 (harder gives more grip but scuffs off speed, kind of unsure here also)
toe- -.05 -.03
camber- 2.7 2.7
brakes- 8 4

1st- 2.689
2nd- 1.816
3rd- 1.517
4th- 1.185
5th- 1.000
6th- 0.836
final- 5.500

:)

Last edited:
I got the 111r down to a consistent mid to low 2'14 (no clutch ;)), and a 2'14.264 is all I could muster tonight, although, I can see at least 0.3 left out there! Here is my setting if anyone would like to try it, or suggest how I can go faster 👍 :)

Excellent tune, man! 👍👍 I improved my time by nearly a half second! Now, if I could just break into the '14's. :) Maybe... Thanks for posting it!

Excellent tune, man! 👍👍 I improved my time by nearly a half second! Now, if I could just break into the '14's. :) Maybe... Thanks for posting it!

No problem, dude! You were doing very good, keep it up, and I'll see ya next time. Hopefully some more people find this car as enjoyable as us, and we get big grids of 111r's:lol:

I got the 111r down to a consistent mid to low 2'14 (no clutch ;)), and a 2'14.264 is all I could muster tonight, although, I can see at least 0.3 left out there! Here is my setting if anyone would like to try it, or suggest how I can go faster 👍

tires-R1/R1
height--39 -39
springs- 6 7
damper- 1 1 (harder gives more grip but scuffs off speed, kind of unsure here also)
toe- -.05 -.03
camber- 2.7 2.7
brakes- 8 4

1st- 2.689
2nd- 1.816
3rd- 1.517
4th- 1.185
5th- 1.000
6th- 0.836
final- 5.500

Thank you sir for the tune. I will certainly try this thing out tonight dapper. Though if you know me, I certainly am not a two feet driver. Hopefully I can eventually get into the low 14s. I'll see you tonight man.

I'll be in here doing some testing at :00.

Edit: Two races and I'm done. Only matched with one person each time....back to my movies.

Oh, and 2:17.906 in the 1-Series tii. Not sure if that's good or not, but the car feels good. Just the right amount of oversteer and quick down the straights. 👍

Last edited:

tires-R1/R1
height--39 -39
springs- 6 7
toe- -.05 -.03
camber- 2.7 2.7
brakes- 8 4

1st- 2.689
2nd- 1.816
3rd- 1.517
4th- 1.185
5th- 1.000
6th- 0.836
final- 5.500

That's a really sweet, tune, Ashley :D

I was able to squeeze a 2'14.177 out of it- I see what you mean about being able to see a 2'13.9xx. But for me it would definitely have to be a perfect lap. I was in front of this ghost a couple times but always lost it :(

http://gtdb.net/?laps/1/550

That's a really sweet, tune, Ashley :D

I was able to squeeze a 2'14.177 out of it- I see what you mean about being able to see a 2'13.9xx. But for me it would definitely have to be a perfect lap. I was in front of this ghost a couple times but always lost it :(

http://gtdb.net/?laps/1/550

Ashley a.k.a. The Untraceable :D

Congrats on that sweet time! 👍 I was at least 0.1 slow in T1 in the yt vid, evident by the huge slides in turns 3 and 4 :dunce:. But it's hard to keep working at it when there is no competition. I'll keep checking GTPlanet for the top echelon events.

Ashley a.k.a. The Untraceable :D

Congrats on that sweet time! 👍 I was at least 0.1 slow in T1 in the yt vid, evident by the huge slides in turns 3 and 4 :dunce:. But it's hard to keep working at it when there is no competition. I'll keep checking GTPlanet for the top echelon events.

Thanks man :)

I know you'll take me off soon, you're the king of the 111r :D

I did one more best lap in the Clio: http://gtdb.net/?laps/1/550/0/*/3/R

Here's a video each of the Lotus and the Clio laps:

Last edited:
OK, OK, OK! (In my best Joe Pesci voice in lethal weapon):D. Hurry Zissou, run to the mirror man. I think your turning GREEN!!!!!:D

I'll be on in a bit with the G35 Sedan.

Edit: Ah, yes. Proof that you can have fun without R tires. :sly:

Last edited:
Ha ha, well there wasn't really anyone racing yesterday evening, so I decided to do battle with the leaderboard. I hope things pick up soon. :(

Had a good race last night with GTP_egghead while I was in the G35 Sedan. Then after that had a great time trying to keep my tii out in front of a big bad R-tires RX-8. :lol: I gave him a good fight.

Hi Guys!

Upfront before anyone wonders what's wrong with me: I am posting this exact message in all threads dealing with racing 550PP RWD Professional at Suzuka.

Reason being: looking at how much (next to zippo) is happening in my own little event from way back then (512bb one-make) and reading into the other threads I get the feeling there is not hell of lot going on anywhere really...

So why don't we throw all events together so-to-say? At least that way we get a nice crowd together and the original idea of online racing (having fun with a good bunch of people) may be restored? Thanks to PD letting us all die a slow death the vibe has understandably run down quiet a bit, maybe it can be revived a bit.

These would be the events involved:

- Expert PP550/RWD Suzuka 10laps (World Event) xx:00 / xx:30 (ripping_silk)

- GTP vs. GTRP | World Event | Suzuka 550PP 10 laps | Clio vs. RX-8 | xx:13 / :43 (EL_ZISSOU)

- 550pp Suzuka RWD / S-tires only @ :20 & :50 (R1600Turbo)

- 512BB '76 One-Make-Event - Suzi 550 RWD - xx:22 / :52 ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page) (Ren831)

- Feed Your NSX Drive!! - Suzuka 550PP [WE] - xx:05 / :25 / :45 ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page) (Synwraith)

I am aware this undermines the initial idea behind some of the events (e.g. racing a specific car), but I'd rather get whipped by stronger cars in a full grid than running a one-make alone....
Maybe commonizing the starting times would create some interesting fun....

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Hi Guys!

Upfront before anyone wonders what's wrong with me: I am posting this exact message in all threads dealing with racing 550PP RWD Professional at Suzuka.

Reason being: looking at how much (next to zippo) is happening in my own little event from way back then (512bb one-make) and reading into the other threads I get the feeling there is not hell of lot going on anywhere really...

So why don't we throw all events together so-to-say? At least that way we get a nice crowd together and the original idea of online racing (having fun with a good bunch of people) may be restored? Thanks to PD letting us all die a slow death the vibe has understandably run down quiet a bit, maybe it can be revived a bit.

These would be the events involved:

- Expert PP550/RWD Suzuka 10laps (World Event) xx:00 / xx:30 (ripping_silk)

- GTP vs. GTRP | World Event | Suzuka 550PP 10 laps | Clio vs. RX-8 | xx:13 / :43 (EL_ZISSOU)

- 550pp Suzuka RWD / S-tires only @ :20 & :50 (R1600Turbo)

- 512BB '76 One-Make-Event - Suzi 550 RWD - xx:22 / :52 ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page) (Ren831)

- Feed Your NSX Drive!! - Suzuka 550PP [WE] - xx:05 / :25 / :45 ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page) (Synwraith)

- PAL: Expert - 550PP - RWD - Suzuka __ Mazda RX-8 __ R1 Only!_ xx:07 / :37 ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page) (Roomboter)

I am aware this undermines the initial idea behind some of the events (e.g. racing a specific car), but I'd rather get whipped by stronger cars in a full grid than running a one-make alone....
Maybe commonizing the starting times would create some interesting fun....

Thoughts?

I think you have the right idea Ren. I knew that this would happen when there are too many events listed in the same month. I've stated this before and now it's actually happening:(.

I think you have the right idea Ren. I knew that this would happen when there are too many events listed in the same month. I've stated this before and now it's actually happening:(.

Yeah, unfortunately.
Btw: Roomboter's event should not be considered as it is dedicated to R tyres for very valid reasons.
I'll check on responses in the other threads and see what can be set up....

Going to try and bring this thing back to life. Will be on here this evening with the Clio, myself and Jpro01. I'll be home from work a little after 8PM. Will sent out chat invite to everyone that I know. Hope you guys join in on the fun. Until then.

VBR
I see you use R3/R1, please can you tell us what the weight & power was aswell?

Or prehaps be so gracious as to share the whole tune with us?

No problem- I don't have access to my PS3 now but it's just the Dutch Customs Clio tune with the R3/R1 change, and the minimum possible weight. If I remember, it may be +0 power and something like 88% weight. Have fun! :dopey:

No problem- I don't have access to my PS3 now but it's just the Dutch Customs Clio tune with the R3/R1 change, and the minimum possible weight. If I remember, it may be +0 power and something like 88% weight. Have fun! :dopey:

POWER +-0, WEIGHT 91%, R3s/R1s! A lot of it has to do with the driver too man. You need to be in a form of an Alien :D

Man, that's just straight up unfair. R1's is pushing it, but R3's? Fine for time trials, but otherwise....not so much. I hate to be a prick here, but that's just not right. PD screwed up here and I hope they fix it for the full game. :ouch:

/ end rant.

Back