Expert PP550/RWD Suzuka 10laps (World Event) xx:00 / xx:30

Man, that's just straight up unfair. R1's is pushing it, but R3's? Fine for time trials, but otherwise....not so much. I hate to be a prick here, but that's just not right. PD screwed up here and I hope they fix it for the full game. :ouch:

/ end rant.

What are you talking about? If you don't like corner speed, for whatever reason, that is cool, but to say the tire choice is unfair is unfair to the guy that set that lap time.

Stay fast in straight lines, we all see where that gets you.

Try that combination on any other car WITHOUT going over 100% weight. Not gonna happen. For those of us that actually like to use all of the cars in the game, this kind of thing is an unfair advantage against us. All I'm sayin'.

What does percentage have to do with anything? :lol:
Look at the numbers (kilograms), then report back.

There are a lot of people using that car and tire combo and they aren't touching that time.

Last edited:
Still doesn't matter. I challenge anyone to get any other RWD car in the game that is not a Lotus or Clio to run those times. The fact is, you can't. And that is why I am bringing this up. Some cars have advantages, which leads to a majority of people using said cars, which leads to super boring racing. IMO.

Still doesn't matter. I challenge anyone to get any other RWD car in the game that is not a Lotus or Clio to run those times. The fact is, you can't

Carl and some others have come close http://gtdb.net/?current

I sometimes like driving the 111r on this but most of the time something on s3 is much more fun, even if it's a sec or 2 slower.

The NSX is understandable, great drive there on S3's. The RX-8 (or anything with R-tires) doesn't count. I'd like to have that tune for the 350Z.

No problem- I don't have access to my PS3 now but it's just the Dutch Customs Clio tune with the R3/R1 change, and the minimum possible weight. If I remember, it may be +0 power and something like 88% weight. Have fun! :dopey:

I'm using the same tune then, but on R2/R1. My best lap is a 2'15.584, I guess that makes me an "Earthling"!

;)

Did you alter Final Gear aswell to compensate for the tyre/weight change?

VBR
I'm using the same tune then, but on R2/R1. My best lap is a 2'15.584, I guess that makes me an "Earthling"!

;)

Did you alter Final Gear aswell to compensate for the tyre/weight change?

Yes sir- for any time trial, as a general rule, you should have your final gear set so that you're topping out at the end of the longest straight. Some cars differ a little, but in general, you want to make sure that you're not something like 2,000 rpm away from redline when you are at the end of the straight- you should be just about bouncing off the limiter.

I usually have one final gear ratio for TTing and a separate one for racing (unless there is an extra gear in the bag that can just be used for drafting).

As for your tire choice, I tried an R2 front as well and was a bit slower. The R3 front makes it quite a bit harder to control - despite what critics may think - but once you get the hang of it, it makes getting around the turns a quicker affair. If you'd like to post a youtube of your lap, I can try to see if I notice anywhere you might take off some time.

:dopey:

to say the tire choice is unfair is unfair to the guy that set that lap time.

Aww thanks :embarrassed:

But you may be able to find a better use for your time :)

breakinrocks.jpg

Last edited:
Yes sir- for any time trial, as a general rule, you should have your final gear set so that you're topping out at the end of the longest straight. Some cars differ a little, but in general, you want to make sure that you're not something like 2,000 rpm away from redline when you are at the end of the straight- you should be just about bouncing off the limiter.

I usually have one final gear ratio for TTing and a separate one for racing (unless there is an extra gear in the bag that can just be used for drafting).

As for your tire choice, I tried an R2 front as well and was a bit slower. The R3 front makes it quite a bit harder to control - despite what critics may think - but once you get the hang of it, it makes getting around the turns a quicker affair. If you'd like to post a youtube of your lap, I can try to see if I notice anywhere you might take off some time.

:dopey:

It's awkward for me to upload to You Tube at the moment but thanks for the offer, very kind of you. GTDrivers_Moose has just given me his best replay & I may study it & have the ghost on in Free Run to see if I can improve. I did that in GT Academy too but was still just under a second off both the best UK times, it's all very well learning where & why I'm slow but implementing changes is another matter, especially when my bag of talent isn't quite as full as some other drivers like your good self!

;)

Still doesn't matter. I challenge anyone to get any other RWD car in the game that is not a Lotus or Clio to run those times. The fact is, you can't. And that is why I am bringing this up. Some cars have advantages, which leads to a majority of people using said cars, which leads to super boring racing. IMO.

I understand what you are saying... And thats the biggest mistake with the PP system in gt5p. Im looking forward to making my own rules in my own events on gt5:)

And BTW your clio time is exelent el_zizzou even if the clio has an advantage 👍

I understand what you are saying... And thats the biggest mistake with the PP system in gt5p. Im looking forward to making my own rules in my own events on gt5:)

And BTW your clio time is exelent el_zizzou even if the clio has an advantage 👍

I whole heartedly second that:tup:! I spent a good three hours yesterday trying to get the best possible time for the Clio within my bag of talent :D, but still not anywhere near his time. I did however found 2'14.408 with her and that's a time that I'm very proud of. All month to be chasing my own ghost.....:D

Thanks you guys :embarrassed:

Solarr- what tire combo did you use for that fast lap of yours?

:lol: You are right! More focus on driving...

2.13.7 is my goal.

That's going to take a lot of focus! :lol:

If it can be done with a Lotus, I'm sure you can do it :cheers:

Although, apparently there is a tuner in the GT5P tuning section who has already done it. Perhaps you can prevail upon him for some tips :lol:

Thanks you guys :embarrassed:

Solarr- what tire combo did you use for that fast lap of yours?

That's going to take a lot of focus! :lol:

If it can be done with a Lotus, I'm sure you can do it :cheers:

Although, apparently there is a tuner in the GT5P tuning section who has already done it. Perhaps you can prevail upon him for some tips :lol:

Your combo of R3/R1 dawg!!!!

Dapper is going to get there I'm 100% sure of it homie!

WOW!!!! I've been trying to race here faithfuly every night and nothing. Is it dead at Suzuka now guys. Come on people!!!!

Last edited:
Ya' know, there's somethin' I ain't never done, and that's have'n too much fun!! Thanks jpro01 and solarr! 👍👍

👍

I had some great racing today with solarr. There is great competition from around the whole world on this time schedule at almost all hours of the day. I'll be racing some more tomorrow hopefully. ;)

I matched once last night at :00 and only got one person. Someone from Japan in an R-tire RX-8. He was nice enough to wait around for me.

Ya great racing yesterday here during the day around 3-6pm Eastern standard time. At night though not so much. Thanks EERS, Jpro, Twisty, gigabits, and GTRP team members for some great racing yesterday. Hope this event continues to gather up momentum through this month.

The only time I get the opportunity to play during the day is when I'm off which is Wednesday and Sunday R1600Turbo.

It's no big deal. Even on my days off I spend most of my time doing other things. I only really feel like playing after work, but by then it's already 8pm EST and hardly anyone is on. Nobody else's fault but mine. :)

Just find a little time one day out of your week for just about an hour man. It'll bring your faith back in GT5P until GT5 comes out :D. All kidding aside though, I haven't had that much fun with GT5P for a really long time.

Last edited:
Just find a little time one day out of your week for just about an hour man. It'll bring your faith back in GT5P until GT5 comes out :D. All kidding aside though, I haven't had that much fun with GT5P for a really long time.

At the moment I work M-F 8:30 to 5:30, so middle of the week stuff isn't going to happen during the day. However I'm going back to school soon and will have a part time job, so maybe in the future.

Absolutely, absolutely, absolutely, absolutely, absolutely- no, really, absolutely brilliant movie, eh? I mean really, I feel silly after I see a movie and say it's the best movie I've ever seen. But with this one, I don't feel as silly. :dopey:

Sorry, but it looks like I'm just a tad faster than you EL_ZISSOU; just a tad ( With clutch.) Press that triangle button people.

bk4eva--------2.14.033 Lotus Elise 111R '04
EERS4YEARS---2'14.072 Lotus Elise 111R '04
EL_ZISSOU----2'14.177 Lotus Elise 111R '04

check out my tune in the tuning section.

Just took a pic. Still working on the youtube upload/ps3 game save conversion.

This is bk4eva and I'm out.

Sorry, but it looks like I'm just a tad faster than you EL_ZISSOU; just a tad ( With clutch.) Press that triangle button people.

bk4eva--------2.14.033 Lotus Elise 111R '04
EERS4YEARS---2'14.072 Lotus Elise 111R '04
EL_ZISSOU----2'14.177 Lotus Elise 111R '04

check out my tune in the tuning section.

Just took a pic. Still working on the youtube upload/ps3 game save conversion.

Do it without clutch and see if you faster then El_ Z ;)
After all, 99.99% of us do the events without clutch so there's no advantage.

No, crazytortise. No clutch is like moving a step backwards. You tell EL_ZISSOU to try and run that course with a clutch and see if he even comes remotely close to his granny 2'14.177 let alone my 2'14.033.

Are you kidding me, clutch has the advantage? lol, wow you make me laugh. Sorry for those that mis-informed you but letting the computer hold your man stick and shift for you so you don't make a mistake is not what i call racing. I might as well go back and use a controller. When you clutch your brain is working a lot harder than it has to when you're not clutching. I like to immerse myself into the gameplay. "Don't clutch" are you retarded.

Is this dude serious. Grow some balls and sell yourself so you can get a little money in your pocket to afford a g25 or my lovely G27. If you are good at what you do, you might even be able to afford a vision racer 3 (VR3).

Everyone that uses manual shift, controller, wheel without clutch cannot be taken serious. Ask anyone on here what is harder to do, clutch or no clutch.

No, crazytortise. No clutch is like moving a step backwards. You tell EL_ZISSOU to try and run that course with a clutch and see if he even comes remotely close to his granny 2'14.177 let alone my 2'14.033.

Are you kidding me, clutch has the advantage? lol, wow you make me laugh. Sorry for those that mis-informed you but letting the computer hold your man stick and shift for you so you don't make a mistake is not what i call racing. I might as well go back and use a controller. When you clutch your brain is working a lot harder than it has to when you're not clutching. I like to immerse myself into the gameplay. "Don't clutch" are you retarded.

Is this dude serious. Grow some balls and sell yourself so you can get a little money in your pocket to afford a g25 or my lovely G27. If you are good at what you do, you might even be able to afford a vision racer 3 (VR3).

Everyone that uses manual shift, controller, wheel without clutch cannot be taken serious. Ask anyone on here what is harder to do, clutch or no clutch.

All I have to say to your response is :lol:

Not worth the effort wasting my time on some one like you ;)

Simply replicate your lap without the clutch and upload it to gtdb.net so we can all marvel at your greatness.

Latest Posts

Back